Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
A first in a family Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you come from a family line of mages?
  yes
  no
  I don't know
View Results

Baltazaar

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:03 am
Well, I do not really know. I mean, line of mages: Maybe.
magic heritage: definitively.

I mean, let's just look at my family.
Granddad fathers side: Polnish nobleman, who'se family was said to have cooperated with the devil.
Grandma fathers side: from a long line of russian gipsys. Especially kind and so to cats and little animals.
Grandma mothers side: From a family, who has allways lived near a little mountain called the Blocksberg, one of the biggest ritual-places for witches in germany
Grandpa mothers side: Sheperd, extremely good singer, knows more than one trick that he does not know why to do, but knows it is important to do it.
Mother: Psychologist, energy bundle
Fater: engeneer, able to work wonders with the computer
Sister: Born on april the 30'st, and even has a beauty-mark right between her eyes...  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:23 am
eek

I just found out this weekend that I am NOT the first practitioner in my family.

I was telling my mom about a book I'm reading (Smoke and Shadows by Tanya Huff), and about how there was a character who used computer solitaire to read tarot. So I explained how you could use regular playing cards to do readings, and she said, "Oh yeah, your grandma used to dabble in that. You're so much like her."

So not only was I not the first in my family, but my mom at least suspects that I'm pagan, or have dealt with the occult. *passes out on floor*

And after my grandma died, I inherited one of her decks of playing cards. Which I obsessively played solitaire with for about a year after her death. whee  

LadyAnubis

Nuadu

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:08 pm
Not so much, no; atheists and agnostics abound in my family, little by way of spiritual or magical inclinations among the rest of my family.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:50 am
If my dad & his side of the family found out what I study, I would be disowned. They are VERY close-minded & they are Christian. What they believe in I have no issue but thay are the type where they believe that THAY are the only ones right. To boot, ièm studying Satanism & I am thinkng about becoming a Satanist which would heavily disturb them. Well, then thatès what they get for shoving only one believe & gult trips down my throat my whole young life. xp

My mom wouldnèt mind. She was the one who got me into astrology & tol me to belive in what I like. Kudos to my mommy. heart  

Mrs.BonJovi

33,325 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Fife`

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:28 pm
Aye, I'll drink to the above.

I doubt I'm the first in my family- though technically speaking I don't practice anything, I have 'interests'.

My folks brought me up as an atheist- in a sense that spirituality was neither encouraged nor discouraged. Though they did their best to stop me getting sucked into christianity, which I thank them for.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:35 pm
As far as I know, my family is Christian. My dad was a devout (and sometimes over-zealous) Catholic and my mom went from Catholic to Protestant when she married my step-dad. I know my cousin had a ever-so-brief interest in crystals when he was younger, but his sister kept freaking out and throwing all of them away. The rest of my family have Christian beliefs (to the best of my knowledge) even though it seems none of them actively practice it. To make a long story short (it may be too late for that), I believe I'm the only one in my family that practices any type of witchcraft or pagan traditions.  

Kilgimet

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:36 pm
As far as I know, I'm the only one who practices any occult activities in my family. I have a very southern family...

My grandmother (on my mom's side) can see spirits, though. I've always chalked it up to her 6th sense compensating for her being 100% deaf. She has been know to have precognition, too, but afterwards she says it was just a coincidence. She was the only one who flipped out when I made it known that I was interested in the Occult.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:19 am
when it comes to religion my family are pretty relaxed about it all, it doesn't have a very big part in our lives.

to my knowledge my dad is a sceptic when it comes to the supernatural though he has hard some experiences and my mom used to use tarot.

Just Tsuki

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:06 pm
i am DEFINITELY the first one of my kind. though i think my mom's parents may have done some satanic rituals when she was younger which is the main reason she forbids me to practice. i finally started getting her to relax on it a bit so now she kinda just turns the other way. my dad abandoned me when i was younger but him and his family were against magick so much he forbid me to play pokemon because it was satanic monsters  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:25 am
Elfshaman
i am DEFINITELY the first one of my kind. though i think my mom's parents may have done some satanic rituals when she was younger which is the main reason she forbids me to practice. i finally started getting her to relax on it a bit so now she kinda just turns the other way. my dad abandoned me when i was younger but him and his family were against magick so much he forbid me to play pokemon because it was satanic monsters

I live for the day that Christian parents that forbid their children from playing Pokemon on the grounds of Satanic influence witness their children playing any of the Shin Megami Tensei games.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:32 am
Mitsh
Elfshaman

I live for the day that Christian parents that forbid their children from playing Pokemon on the grounds of Satanic influence witness their children playing any of the Shin Megami Tensei games.

what is Shin Magami Tensei? now you've sparked my interest. it sounds fancy!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:54 am
Elfshaman
Mitsh
Elfshaman

what is Shin Magami Tensei? now you've sparked my interest. it sounds fancy!!!!

An rpg like Pokémon, where you actually, honestly summon demons (as well as various real-life mythological figures). This also includes Samael, Satan, and Lucifer, as well as several Goetic spirits and various orders of angels. In Persona 3, this is made doubly awesome by the fact that, to summon them in battle, you have to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Panty Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 pm
I am proudly not the first in my family. My grandmother on my father's side practices still to this day, and my aunt does. Before us there was nobody though lol. I keep mostly to myself about it. My mom asks me to read her cards now and then, and asks sometimes about the vibes I get from certain people, but mostly nobody acknowledges my choice.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:51 pm
I am adopted and as far as i know no one in my family practices so I would be the first.. as far as my biological family goes never met them have no clue what so ever.  

Grey Jedi Knight

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

xxravenohayexx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:29 pm
Not the first in the family, won't be the last, I hope. Though, both my mother and my grandmother converted to Christianity after I was initiated. That makes my life a bit harder xp  
The Café (General Chat)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff