Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:25 pm
Yuri had an idea what Luke was up to, thus why he kept moving, even switching his hands with the sword to mix things up and keep the boy guessing. However, the red head managed to predict one of his moves and got the better of him. Yuri finding his wrist getting twisted from the clashing of their swords, and unable to keep his grasp on it. The blade falling to the ground.

"Whoa! Hey, not bad," Yuri said in congratulation as he now stood there, unarmed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:27 pm
While the boys fought, a girl found her way to the fields where they sparred, her hand absently plucking a ball from the small links that hung at her hip. In seconds, a large Typhlosion and Rapidash accompanied her, as well as the ever present little eevee.

In black, soft leather-fronted jeans meant to accentuate form and a fitted tank of deep, shimmering blue that was tailored to show off the figure she worked so hard for, the girl paused in the grasses, looking over to the two as they battled.

With a heavy sigh, Dove pushed her hair back from her face and changed course to stand at the edge of the battle, behind Repede and Astal, her two fire types stopping at her sides and Lovey moving to flop beside the growlithe. Her arms, one now bound again, crossed comfortably over her front as she stayed silent, choosing not to interrupt any further than she might have with her presence.

When Luke knocked Yuri's sword away, however, she applauded, though how impressed she truly was remained silent.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:48 pm
He stepped back on the success of his endeavor, just an ounce of pride in his disposition for once. He moved to offer the slender sword to its proper owner, "Thanks." The sound of clapping from a short distance away drew his attention from the retrieval of his own weapon, and when he recognized the source as Dove he offered an amicable smile and a hand raised in greeting. With the traveling and the mess at the competition, it had been quite a while since he'd last exchanged any words with her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 pm
Hearing the clapping as well when he took back his sword from Luke, Yuri's eyes tilted in Dove's direction. The man blinking once at her appearance, which was certainly different from the last time he'd seen her. Those were some pretty tight-looking away now.

"Hey, what's up?" Yuri asked as he went to retrieve his sword's scabbard and slipped the blade into it.

Repede looking to Lovey and tilting his head when she flopped down beside him.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:13 pm
Dove knew she wasn't supposed to be near Luke, but at this point, she supposed she had stayed away long enough. With a quick smile, she raised a hand in return, then stepped toward the two, the grass laying flat below sleek black boots as she stopped closer to them. "You're looking lively, Luke." she complimented, glancing to the sword now in his hand before long lashes flicked up, her eyes now on Yuri. "And as for you..." She reached into her bag, then tossed something to the long haired man. "Phone tag is a lot less work. I've been all over town looking for you."

Lovey huffed softly, but waved her tail as Repede took notice of her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:21 pm
Lively was probably quite an accurate appraisal given how he had acted in time still recently passed… which was honestly something he felt kind of bad about and assumed a need to find time to apologize for. The toss of something to Yuri was regarded with a mild interest, though the accompanying words did a lot more to get his attention. "Wait, are you actually going to start using a phone?" Holy hell, how long had it been?  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:32 pm
Catching the device with one hand, Yuri blinked at the little phone that he now held.

"Yeah, I guess," Yuri said in response to Luke's words. An annoyed look flashing across his face as he realized what the boy's tone was implying.

"Uh.. thanks?" He hadn't actually asked for a phone but well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:47 pm
Dove laughed softly in amusement, but kept her eyes on Yuri. "It's paid for, texting, calling, net. And it can't be broken, at least not without some serious attempts. I made them prove it in the store," she shrugged, shaking her hair back from her face with a hand. "And don't worry about losing it. Trust me, there's a way to find it." She knew he likely wouldn't use half of it, but at least she had tried.

That said, she looked back to Luke. "So what's up, boys?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:58 pm
"Wow." Well, if there was any way to make Yuri carry a phone, that had to be pretty close. The question now was whether or not he would actually use it.

He shrugged in response to the question, wearing a light smile, "Nothing in particular. Just getting back into the swing of things. What about you? Doing okay?" The last he had seen her had been in the hospital in Kanto, and to his recollection she had been treated for injuries there.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:11 pm
"Huh," is all Yuri had to say to that as he turned on the phone. Looking it over and trying to figure it out while Luke and Dove exchanged words.

When the little screen came on, Yuri blinked at the image he saw there. "Wasn't expecting to see a cute girl on here," he said while showing the phone to Repede, who looked and woofed.

The picture was that of Lovey with a bow around her neck.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:24 pm
Lovey whined and covered her head with her little paws.

Dove just laughed at his reaction. "Hey, at least it wasn't me. I charge for my photos," she winked, before turning her attention back to Luke.

"I'm glad to hear it," she said honestly, softening a little. Luke had been through hell, and she knew it all too well. She did her best to brush aside the guilt she felt standing in front of him, and continued. "I take it things are going well, then? You look great." Her compliment wasn't empty. The knowledge that he had been able to disarm Yuri was rather impressive, given what she had gathered of the older swordsman's skill.

Though the hand of her wrapped arm clenched a little at his question, the smile stayed in place on her face. "Never better." A lie, of course, but one she had almost completely convinced herself of. In some ways, she was better off. In others... not quite.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:08 pm
"Yeah, I guess. And thanks." Going well, sure - comparatively. But it had been an awfully long time since he'd been significantly better off than he was now, especially in terms of his health, so it was accurate enough. Of course knowing that he was strong enough to fight competently provided a decent lift to his spirits as well. "Good," he responded, his expression pleased. It sounded every bit like a hyperbole - he had his doubts that any of them could be at their best after the mess in Kanto - but he had no grounds to question her on it. If she was feeling better than she had at the spring festival, that was good enough.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:19 am
"Ouch," Yuri said back while still looking at the phone with a puzzled expression as he pushed buttons. He could only imagine how much Dove charged for her professional photos. "Don't get me wrong, Lovey's cute and all, but I think I would prefer a member of my own species."

After a few more moments Yuri gave up trying to understand the phone and put it in his pocket to mess with later.

"Anyway, you came at a good time. How about going to the firing range?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:28 am
"Maybe we can work something out," she grinned to Yuri. "Im flexible." She watched as he pocketed the phone, then glanced over to her little team before she stepped back to address them both.

She was glad Luke hadnt questioned her, unsure how she would have even responded. She wasnt sure how she was, not all together, but she did feel better at the moment. It had to count for something, and hey, he wasnt trying to avoid her like the plague. Maybe she was better with a little less reserve.

She just hoped she could keep it up.

At Yuri's suggestion, she nodded with a smile. "I'm up for it...Luke ?" She knew nothing of the boy's previous asking for the same help she had, and for a second, she worried she might make a fool of herself, but quickly dismissed the thought. Luke didnt strike her as the type to tease someone giving an honest effort, and even if he did, it wouldn't be the worst she had heard in the past week.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:54 am
"Huh?" It took a moment to connect the thought of a firing range to the memory of requesting guidance in learning to use a gun. "Oh, right. Sure." Levity ebbed from his disposition at the idea; there were a lot of good reasons to become acquainted with firearms, certainly, but it was difficult not to be just slightly apprehensive knowing the destruction they were capable of.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff