Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:52 pm
"Hey, they're not -just- for girls," Yuri said with a pout, though it was obvious that he wasn't really offended. "I just didn't like it a anymore, so I left." Saying it as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

"Huh..." Yuri then mused when the kid explained why he couldn't get a Pokemon. That made sense really, and he could definitely relate. "Keep it up and you'll have one before you know it. What kind do you like?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:13 pm
Jace nodded though he didnt really understand anything about jobs and leaving them, but if this guy said so, that was fine.

Yuri's question was met with incredible enthusiasm, and the boy threw his arms up into the air, imitating the high spread of wings. "Dragons! I want one so bad," He lowered his arms and instead tugged at his shoelaces absently. " 'Cept they're real hard to find, so I'll just go find them later."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
"Whoa, dragons huh? I hear they're pretty rare." Granted he knew pretty much nothing about them other than stories. This kid probably knew more about them than he did.

"So what's the future dragon champs name?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:54 pm
His excitement only built with Yuri's encouragement. "Oh, yeah, they're super rare! And strong! I know all about them!"

His smile faded for a more confident look, and he pointed to himself. "Im Jace! Jace Addison Redfern, he offered proudly. "All the best dragon masters are from where I'm from, so, yeah, I'm gonna be one of them." he nodded knowingly.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:13 pm
"Really? That's pretty impressive. Where are you from?" It was both comical and endearing to watch this boy talk about his passions and dreams. Not letting anything get him down despite all the obstacles that stood in his way. It reminded Yuri a little bit of himself when he was a kid.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:02 pm
Jace nodded at Yuri's 'impressed' remark, soaking up all the attention he could hold. "Blackthorn City! That's in Johto." Again, he raised his hands, stretching to make himself as tall as he could without standing. "It's waaaaay up in the mountains!"

He dropped his hands back to his lap, then reached again to pet Repede, seemingly unable to keep his hands off of a pokemon so close to him and so willing to be petted. "We have the best trainers ever, and even Clair--thats our gym leader-- is there. And Lance was from there too!!!" He curled his shoulders in, clearly excited. "He's my favorite, even though he's gone right now." A brief flicker of disappointment. "He's probably busy or something, with his Champion team. Clair is awesome though!"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:35 pm
"Lance... I think I've heard of him. Isn't he some kind of big shot in Kanto?" Yuri really didn't know much about trainer stuff after all, but he did remember hearing something about him when he was in Kanto with his friends. He didn't really know where Johto was either, much less Blackthorn.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:08 pm
"Oh, not just Kanto! He's a big shot everywhere!" the boy exclaimed. "He was part of the Elite Four for forever, the head of it! And then he was Champion, too!" He continued to pet Repede, looking at back toward his mother. "He's been gone for a while. Nobody knows what happened, but I say he's gonna be back soon, with a stronger team than ever," he assured Yuri, turning back to him.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:16 pm
"What's the Elite Four? Some big name trainers or something?" Well this kid did seem to know everything Pokemon related, so why not ask. Yuri was pretty much a dunce when it came to the League or training.

Come to think of it, he thought he remembered Ray mentioning a Lance once or twice. It hadn't really stuck with him much though since it hadn't really meant anything to him. It still didn't really, but Jace was obviously really enthralled by this guy.

Repede sat there calmly and just enjoying the petting that he was receiving.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:24 pm
Jace looked at Yuri, as if he might have thought the man had been hiding under a rock all his life. "Uh, yeah. They're the toughest trainers in the world. You have to beat them all to challenge the champion," he explained, glancing over his shoulder again, sure he had heard his name.

Sure enough, a woman in a modest dress soon spotted him and approached both the man and the boy, her expression both relieved and apologetic as she stopped beside her son. "Oh, I'm so sorry sir... I do hope he wasn't bothering you," she apologized, giving Jace a very worried mother's look. "I told you not to run off like that, Jace...It's dangerous..." She glanced again to Yuri, glad for her child's safety, but very wary of the weapon at the man's side.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:39 pm
Yuri was about to inquire further when a woman walked up to them, the boy's mother obviously. That was one thing Jace was very fortunate to have... parents.

The man stood, giving the lady a casual smile. "It's fine. We were just talking about Pokemon," he said, gesturing a hand towards Repede and Astal. He didn't miss that uneasy glance she was giving him though.

Thus the man extended his hand toward her. "I'm Yuri, Yuri Lowell."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:56 pm
Jace shrunk at his mother's tone, though it was soft, more afraid of disappointing her than being scolded in front of a stranger. He stayed quiet, though, knowing he would be talked to later for running off, and continued to pet Repede while his mother talked to the man, whose name he quickly tried to store in memory.

The woman seemed a little hesitant at first, but warmed quickly and offered her hand in return, smiling somewhat timidly at the two pokemon he gestured to. "Rachel Redfern," she replied gently, a little more at ease as she shook his hand. "Thank you for letting him play with your pokemon," she added with a fond smile.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:02 pm
"No problem. Repede loves to play with kids, so it's good for him." Repede barked back in enthusiasm, his tail wagging once more before he gave Jace a nudge with his nose.

"Looks like you've got a future Pokemon training champ here. He's a good kid."

Yuri's eyes turned back down to Jace as he said this, giving the boy a little grin before looking back to his mom.

"But I guess I should get going. Nice meeting you both."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:08 pm
She turned soft eyes to her son, watching the pokemon bump him fondly with its nose, and trying her best not to let her heart hurt. She returned Yuri's compliment with a smile, and a nod. "Thank you. He's a sweet boy, but has just enough rotten in him to worry his poor mother to death," she laughed lightly, reaching over to smooth his hair when the boy stood, meeting the man's gaze bashfully, now that his mom was around.

When he announced his leave, both mother and son waved as the woman gave another word of thanks, and as they walked away, Jace looked over his shoulder to the man and his pokemon, smiling from ear to ear.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers