Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
I have decided to get fit! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:13 pm
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye
First day of work was fun - who knew 10 hours could go by that fast!

I hope I'm that excited when I finally get a job!
blaugh
I have had an absolute blast the two days I've been there - hopefully it will continue that way next week!
Get the weekend off!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:05 pm
Grats on the new job! And sorry I fell off the face of the earth. sweatdrop  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:06 am
entervixen
Grats on the new job! And sorry I fell off the face of the earth. sweatdrop
Thank you. I'm having a whole lot of fun so far. This will be day 3, so...lol  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:55 am
New job is still awesome.
The 124.4 mile round trip commute is a bit much.
Trying to find a place to rent for a short term, until I can figure out where I want to really live, and potentially buy a place.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Sugar-Coated Accident

Sparkly Bun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:44 pm
Emm-Kaye
Trying to find a place to rent for a short term, until I can figure out where I want to really live, and potentially buy a place.

Holy mother of... Yeah, that's a bit far of a drive...
But it's good to hear you're still enjoying the job!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:27 am
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye

Only one hour, each way, in good weather & daylight...otherwise, it's a bit longer...
I actually figured it out - 2 1/2 tanks of gas a week to get to & from...moving would be MUCH cheaper!
Strangely, I a lot of people I used to work with live in that area, and they have feelers out for a place for me to rent. Fingers crossed I find something soon.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Sugar-Coated Accident

Sparkly Bun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:29 pm
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye

Only one hour, each way, in good weather & daylight...otherwise, it's a bit longer...
I actually figured it out - 2 1/2 tanks of gas a week to get to & from...moving would be MUCH cheaper!
Strangely, I a lot of people I used to work with live in that area, and they have feelers out for a place for me to rent. Fingers crossed I find something soon.

Yeah, no kidding. Best of luck!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:51 pm
Emm-Kaye
Sugar-Coated Accident
Emm-Kaye

That's quite a commute. Good luck finding a place!  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:36 pm
entervixen
Thanks. I may need it!
Looked at a place today...I may actually have nightmares about it, it was that bad!
I'd have to put almost all of what I own into storage to fit into that tiny, expensive (almost twice what I pay now), dark hole, plus he didn't allow pets, at all. I'm NOT giving up my cats!
Talked with my friend at work about how bad it was, and she told me that it was in the 'slum lord' area of town, but didn't warn me, because she wanted me to be able to make up my own mind. Now she knows what I DON'T want!
I'm going to keep trying, tho. There has to be a nice, small, relatively inexpensive, house for rent somewhere close!
If I could afford to buy, I've seen a few places advertised for under $500 a month for a mortgage. You'd think that would mean they would also have rentals for under $600.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:42 pm
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
Thanks. I may need it!
Looked at a place today...I may actually have nightmares about it, it was that bad!
I'd have to put almost all of what I own into storage to fit into that tiny, expensive (almost twice what I pay now), dark hole, plus he didn't allow pets, at all. I'm NOT giving up my cats!
Talked with my friend at work about how bad it was, and she told me that it was in the 'slum lord' area of town, but didn't warn me, because she wanted me to be able to make up my own mind. Now she knows what I DON'T want!
I'm going to keep trying, tho. There has to be a nice, small, relatively inexpensive, house for rent somewhere close!
If I could afford to buy, I've seen a few places advertised for under $500 a month for a mortgage. You'd think that would mean they would also have rentals for under $600.

Can't give up the kitties, no. That's our problem finding a new place, we aren't willing to get rid of the cats. My husband and I would love to buy ourselves, but right now we have too much debt to get a loan.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:39 pm
entervixen
Can't give up the kitties, no. That's our problem finding a new place, we aren't willing to get rid of the cats. My husband and I would love to buy ourselves, but right now we have too much debt to get a loan.
I've given up an awful lot in the last few years...you can learn to live without a lot of things, but there is no way am I giving up the cats!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:35 pm
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
I've given up an awful lot in the last few years...you can learn to live without a lot of things, but there is no way am I giving up the cats!

I know that exact sentiment. We had to give up our dog and that was too hard. Never again. She did go to live with a friend's mom, but it was nothing but drama and she actually died before we could get her back. We're waiting now until we own our own place before getting another one, it was too heartbreaking to lose her like that. Our cats are different though, they wouldn't do well at all living like that. I'll stay in my crappy house until I can find a place that takes cats.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:13 am
entervixen
I know that exact sentiment. We had to give up our dog and that was too hard. Never again. She did go to live with a friend's mom, but it was nothing but drama and she actually died before we could get her back. We're waiting now until we own our own place before getting another one, it was too heartbreaking to lose her like that. Our cats are different though, they wouldn't do well at all living like that. I'll stay in my crappy house until I can find a place that takes cats.
I had a Blue&Gold Macaw, I got him when he was 6 months old, they can live to be over 100. When he was 7, I had to give him up, because I couldn't keep him any more - I had to move to an apartment due to finances. It broke my heart (I still cry sometimes), but the lady who has him does love him, and treats him very well. He is happy there, and much better off than if he was with me in an apartment.
I honestly can't go visit, because it would kill me to see him & play with him, but not be able to take him home with me. He'll be about 12 now...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:05 am
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
I had a Blue&Gold Macaw, I got him when he was 6 months old, they can live to be over 100. When he was 7, I had to give him up, because I couldn't keep him any more - I had to move to an apartment due to finances. It broke my heart (I still cry sometimes), but the lady who has him does love him, and treats him very well. He is happy there, and much better off than if he was with me in an apartment.
I honestly can't go visit, because it would kill me to see him & play with him, but not be able to take him home with me. He'll be about 12 now...

Wow that's too bad. I understand though. It's hard giving up a beloved pet,  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:43 pm
So, still really enjoying my job, but being gone from home 12+ hours a day is really getting old! (2 hours driving, and usually 9 - 10 hours working.)
Almost too tired to eat by the time I finally get home.

I may be able to move up there the end of the month - I won't find out until next week if the house is really going to become available.
It would be soooo awesome! It's within walking distance of work! I'll be able to afford the higher rent, since I won't be spending almost $100 in gas a week, and can also get rid of the storage unit fees, while having my stuff again!  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff