Welcome to Gaia! ::

Animal Crossing New Leaf (Events, Contest, and More!?)

Back to Guilds

Come and join this friendly and awesome Guild of Animal Crossing New Leaf. Were the Adventure never ends. 

Tags: Animal Crossing, Games, Chat, Contest, Adventure 

Reply Animal Crossing New Leaf (Events, Contest, and More!?)
General Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we make a thread looking specifially for trades?
  Yes
  No, let other's make their own threads for it.
  Penguins are the best bird.
View Results

Stomping Time

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:10 am
FallenDevil
Stomping Time
FallenDevil
Stomping Time
FallenDevil
Regarding turnips (after seeing the turning shiz) I must say i don't find turnips a good way to make money, easier and quicker to use bugs imo.
It's true that using bugs is quicker but honestly I think of turnips as a supplement as opposed to a main source for bells.
You can do bugs and make good money + take like 1 min a day to check Re-tail's turnip prices and possibly make huge profit
from your turnips on top of everything else!
It's just an extra source of income lol.

Hi Butt Rice,
But it costs too, I guess its just that if a turnip isn't being sold for at minimum 3x the buying price then I don't see a reason to buy it, Waste of inventory when catching bugs for two hours a night can make me tons and tons of money.

It's OHM RICE! O-H-M! Don't call me Butt Rice!!!

Yeah it does cost money but that initial investment that takes like 2 mins to do could pay off huge!
That 100k you put into turnips could easiler turn into 200-300k by just checking the Re-tail store
once a day! lol And plus you can store them in your storage locker/dresser as well. I dunno about most
people but mine usually only has 3 out of 6 pages full so I have tons of room in there!
Lol and I mean it's not like you can't buy turnips AND catch bugs! LOL xd

What ever you say butt rice,
I guess that makes sense but i dunno, i didn't bother with it this week, and also make sure you are careful about it to not time travel, which is another thing some people i know do, you time travel and turnips are pretty much worthless.

@Winry: I haven't even checked mine yet or what its about ;c so nope i do not has

You should give it a shot, it's worth it to at least try cause it doesn't take up much time at all! I dunno I was just
hoping more people here would be into it cause I don't want this guild to be a place where people just drop their
friend code, add a few people then never come back. At least with things like the Stalk Market ect it's just something
to keep people posting and maybe get more people to join in!

Yeah the time travel thing makes the turnips rot right away I don't really like to time travel anyways though it kinda breaks the game a bit in my eyes lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:13 am
Pseudopathogen
I never tried selling turnips in all the years of playing Animal Crossing.

Also do hope to be able to swing by Best Buy for at least the clock.

Has anyone noticed how much easier it is to catch bees this time around? I know I'm hardly complaining.

How far is everyone in terms of stores openings and house upgrades?

I'm up to the 198,000 bell upgrade so far and my store is still the first level but I didn't get the game on release day lol

I haven't heard anything about this Best Buy DLC thing though, I wonder what it's about  

Stomping Time

FallenDevil

Demonic Trash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:02 am
Stomping Time
FallenDevil
Stomping Time
FallenDevil
Stomping Time
FallenDevil
Regarding turnips (after seeing the turning shiz) I must say i don't find turnips a good way to make money, easier and quicker to use bugs imo.
It's true that using bugs is quicker but honestly I think of turnips as a supplement as opposed to a main source for bells.
You can do bugs and make good money + take like 1 min a day to check Re-tail's turnip prices and possibly make huge profit
from your turnips on top of everything else!
It's just an extra source of income lol.

Hi Butt Rice,
But it costs too, I guess its just that if a turnip isn't being sold for at minimum 3x the buying price then I don't see a reason to buy it, Waste of inventory when catching bugs for two hours a night can make me tons and tons of money.

It's OHM RICE! O-H-M! Don't call me Butt Rice!!!

Yeah it does cost money but that initial investment that takes like 2 mins to do could pay off huge!
That 100k you put into turnips could easiler turn into 200-300k by just checking the Re-tail store
once a day! lol And plus you can store them in your storage locker/dresser as well. I dunno about most
people but mine usually only has 3 out of 6 pages full so I have tons of room in there!
Lol and I mean it's not like you can't buy turnips AND catch bugs! LOL xd

What ever you say butt rice,
I guess that makes sense but i dunno, i didn't bother with it this week, and also make sure you are careful about it to not time travel, which is another thing some people i know do, you time travel and turnips are pretty much worthless.

@Winry: I haven't even checked mine yet or what its about ;c so nope i do not has

You should give it a shot, it's worth it to at least try cause it doesn't take up much time at all! I dunno I was just
hoping more people here would be into it cause I don't want this guild to be a place where people just drop their
friend code, add a few people then never come back. At least with things like the Stalk Market ect it's just something
to keep people posting and maybe get more people to join in!

Yeah the time travel thing makes the turnips rot right away I don't really like to time travel anyways though it kinda breaks the game a bit in my eyes lol.

I only did it once and it was just setting the game back a couple of hours. (essentially i missed talking to nook one day when i needed to so i could make my house bigger, was busy all day ;( ) but other then that I haven't either, but little things like that do hurt the turnip population.

And I feel the same way, thus a general discussion thread.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:25 am
Stomping Time
Pseudopathogen

Has anyone noticed how much easier it is to catch bees this time around? I know I'm hardly complaining.

I'm up to the 198,000 bell upgrade so far and my store is still the first level but I didn't get the game on release day lol

I haven't heard anything about this Best Buy DLC thing though, I wonder what it's about

Ah. Not bad. Haha. I wasn't able to get the game on the launch date either.

Here's the information on the Best Buy downloads.

Deadcant_Closed

Stomping Time

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:25 am
FallenDevil

I only did it once and it was just setting the game back a couple of hours. (essentially i missed talking to nook one day when i needed to so i could make my house bigger, was busy all day ;( ) but other then that I haven't either, but little things like that do hurt the turnip population.

And I feel the same way, thus a general discussion thread.

Oh yeah that kinda stuff to me is fine cause I mean it sucks to miss out on things like that! And yeah they do apparently even if you change the clock then change it right back to the current time it'll still rot your turnips lol

Yeah for sure! I'm glad other people are helping to make this community grow!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:29 am
Pseudopathogen
Stomping Time
Pseudopathogen

Thanks! Lol how far are you in it now so far as well?

Ohhh and cool there definitely is some pretty nice looking items for that DLC! I think I'd have to agree I'd at least wanna get the raccoon clock too! lol  

Stomping Time

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:56 am
Stomping Time
Pseudopathogen

Ohhh and cool there definitely is some pretty nice looking items for that DLC! I think I'd have to agree I'd at least wanna get the raccoon clock too! lol

I just finished off the payment for the second floor and now getting a basement. The other day the garden shop opened up. I must say I like the variety in animals they've included. What local projects are you aiming for or working on? So far I have a bench, campsite and second stone bridge. I really want to work on the tree layout before getting much more going on, but already shattered an axe so waiting till another surfaces. Hehe.

Indeed! The cat tower makes me wonder if there will some sort of cat item. Maybe it would be like the how the dog house responds to being touched. Have you happened to download the Rainbow Screen from the Post Office?

How fairs the fish, bug, fossil and art hunting?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:21 am
Pseudopathogen
Stomping Time
Pseudopathogen

I just finished off the payment for the second floor and now getting a basement. The other day the garden shop opened up. I must say I like the variety in animals they've included. What local projects are you aiming for or working on? So far I have a bench, campsite and second stone bridge. I really want to work on the tree layout before getting much more going on, but already shattered an axe so waiting till another surfaces. Hehe.

Indeed! The cat tower makes me wonder if there will some sort of cat item. Maybe it would be like the how the dog house responds to being touched. Have you happened to download the Rainbow Screen from the Post Office?

How fairs the fish, bug, fossil and art hunting?

Awesome! I'm almost done my 198k bell payment which I think will open up a second floor for me too so that should be cool! Ahh and yeah I just got my Garden shop today and I agree I love all the different animals they have!

I'm just doing the bridges first! I'm on my third one now which will make getting around a lot easier! ;P Hopefully by the time I finish that though I'll have met Redd and gotten at least one piece of art so I can start on my Museum store and buy silver tools! Lol and I actually just broke my axe as well... I hope one comes out again soon!

Yeah! That would be neat and the possibilities are endless with the option of DLC always open! Lol and yep I did, it's pretty cool! I'm liking these monthly items!

So far it's good! But I'm the kind of person who likes to donate anything new I find right away so I'm getting pretty filled up at the museum! I don't have any art yet though 'cause like I was saying before I haven't met Redd yet! It sucks cause I really want to get some art in there!  

Stomping Time

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:33 am
Stomping Time
Awesome! I'm almost done my 198k bell payment which I think will open up a second floor for me too so that should be cool! Ahh and yeah I just got my Garden shop today and I agree I love all the different animals they have!

I'm just doing the bridges first! I'm on my third one now which will make getting around a lot easier! ;P Hopefully by the time I finish that though I'll have met Redd and gotten at least one piece of art so I can start on my Museum store and buy silver tools! Lol and I actually just broke my axe as well... I hope one comes out again soon!

Yeah! That would be neat and the possibilities are endless with the option of DLC always open! Lol and yep I did, it's pretty cool! I'm liking these monthly items!

So far it's good! But I'm the kind of person who likes to donate anything new I find right away so I'm getting pretty filled up at the museum! I don't have any art yet though 'cause like I was saying before I haven't met Redd yet! It sucks cause I really want to get some art in there!

Nice! Happen to have any themes in mind already? I'm not sure yet myself aside from defiantly aiming for the bug catching series. Wonder what else is new. I don't want to spoil too much with looking it up online, but curiosity does win occasionally. sweatdrop

Ah. Those bridges can be such a help with fishing. The way my town is laid out a third bridge would be fairly awkward or at least so far. Red happens to be my town today. Do you know if visitors can purchase from him because if so you're welcome to grab a piece of art. It seem this game around you can only buy one piece per "art tour". The silver axe is indestructible, right? Memory is fuzzy on some of the details.

So true! This game is going to have even more play life than past ones at this rate. What kind of items are you hoping to see?

Ah. Same here with collecting and donating first time finds to the museum. I love reading those descriptions and was happy to see there are hermit crabs among so many new additions. Any that surprised you especially?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:49 am
Pseudopathogen
Stomping Time

Nice! Happen to have any themes in mind already? I'm not sure yet myself aside from defiantly aiming for the bug catching series. Wonder what else is new. I don't want to spoil too much with looking it up online, but curiosity does win occasionally. sweatdrop

Ah. Those bridges can be such a help with fishing. The way my town is laid out a third bridge would be fairly awkward or at least so far. Red happens to be my town today. Do you know if visitors can purchase from him because if so you're welcome to grab a piece of art. It seem this game around you can only buy one piece per "art tour". The silver axe is indestructible, right? Memory is fuzzy on some of the details.

So true! This game is going to have even more play life than past ones at this rate. What kind of items are you hoping to see?

Ah. Same here with collecting and donating first time finds to the museum. I love reading those descriptions and was happy to see there are hermit crabs among so many new additions. Any that surprised you especially?

Yeah I'm not too sure either! I'm definitely going to try and work on the Feng Shui though cause it apparently gives quite a few little boosts. Lol and yeah I'm the same way with not wanting to look things up and spoil stuff either!

Yep they definitely will! And my town is kind of laid out weird so I was definitely in need of bridges! Oh he is that's awesome! I'm not sure if I can or not but I'd definitely be interested in trying!! I'd love to stop by your village for that then if you don't mind! Hmm and I'm not sure if the silver axe is or not, I think just the gold axe. The Silver one probably just makes it stronger and adds a random chance to shake an item out of the tree when you hit it or something like that!

I'm hoping to see more cool video game items! It'd be awesome if they were able to branch outside of Nintendo and bring in items from other cool games too!

To be honest I haven't played an Animal Crossing in a looooong time I think my last was City Folk and that was only for a little bit so it's hard for me to tell which are new and what's returning! >.<;  

Stomping Time

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:11 pm
Stomping Time
Yeah I'm not too sure either! I'm definitely going to try and work on the Feng Shui though cause it apparently gives quite a few little boosts. Lol and yeah I'm the same way with not wanting to look things up and spoil stuff either!

Yep they definitely will! And my town is kind of laid out weird so I was definitely in need of bridges! Oh he is that's awesome! I'm not sure if I can or not but I'd definitely be interested in trying!! I'd love to stop by your village for that then if you don't mind! Hmm and I'm not sure if the silver axe is or not, I think just the gold axe. The Silver one probably just makes it stronger and adds a random chance to shake an item out of the tree when you hit it or something like that!

I'm hoping to see more cool video game items! It'd be awesome if they were able to branch outside of Nintendo and bring in items from other cool games too!

To be honest I haven't played an Animal Crossing in a looooong time I think my last was City Folk and that was only for a little bit so it's hard for me to tell which are new and what's returning! >.<;

Do tell how much the Feng Shui assists!

I just had a friend over, but he also had Redd in his town so it may have declined due to having already bought something. When would be a good time for you to try it out? I'm pretty much free a lot due to summer. Haha.

That would be so neat! What series would you like to see in item form? I'd love to see, while still Nintendo related, some Fire Emblem items. Also items sort of like the NES consoles from the original Animal Crossing would be so cool.

Ah. Understandable. I had to cave in and restart playing Wild World about a month before New Leaf came out. Haha. Damn, this series has come a long way since even then.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:44 pm
Pseudopathogen
Stomping Time

Do tell how much the Feng Shui assists!

I just had a friend over, but he also had Redd in his town so it may have declined due to having already bought something. When would be a good time for you to try it out? I'm pretty much free a lot due to summer. Haha.

That would be so neat! What series would you like to see in item form? I'd love to see, while still Nintendo related, some Fire Emblem items. Also items sort of like the NES consoles from the original Animal Crossing would be so cool.

Ah. Understandable. I had to cave in and restart playing Wild World about a month before New Leaf came out. Haha. Damn, this series has come a long way since even then.

For sure! Once I get it figured out I'll let you know how it goes! I'm hoping it'll help a lot but I don't think it'll do too much lol.

Yeah true enough hopefully it was just because he already had one then! I can do it like pretty much anytime before 6PM today if you wanted to do it now or whenever!

I would love to see Final Fantasy items in there little statues of characters would be pretty cool or like just a huge Buster Sword to put in your room! lol Maybe a gunblade or two razz But if they put stuff in from the .hack series or the Shin Megami Tensai stuff I would be so hooked on it! Lol and yeah Fire emblems would be cool! It would be nice if they had those NES games in this! I remember you could play a little minigame on it as well in the other ones!

Lol! Awesome and yeah this series definitely has evolved a lot! So many animal crossing games yet they still manage to keep it interesting!  

Stomping Time

IntrinsicallyAwesome

Timid Sweetheart

14,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:27 pm
I can't wait until tomorrow, well actually later today. I'll have the Dream Suite up and running, and a nicer house. My house has a basement, a couple of upgrades for the main room, a room on 3 sides, and a second floor which is being expanded as we speak.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:44 pm
Stomping Time
For sure! Once I get it figured out I'll let you know how it goes! I'm hoping it'll help a lot but I don't think it'll do too much lol.

Yeah true enough hopefully it was just because he already had one then! I can do it like pretty much anytime before 6PM today if you wanted to do it now or whenever!

I would love to see Final Fantasy items in there little statues of characters would be pretty cool or like just a huge Buster Sword to put in your room! lol Maybe a gunblade or two razz But if they put stuff in from the .hack series or the Shin Megami Tensai stuff I would be so hooked on it! Lol and yeah Fire emblems would be cool! It would be nice if they had those NES games in this! I remember you could play a little minigame on it as well in the other ones!

Lol! Awesome and yeah this series definitely has evolved a lot! So many animal crossing games yet they still manage to keep it interesting!

That was neat that Redd works for visitors as long as they haven't already bought from him in their own town. I suppose with the power of Wi-Fi. Haha.

A bit off topic- I slowly start getting into Shin Megami Tensai. Very solid RPG choices from what I seen so far. I've been meaning to check out the .hack series. More so on topic- I would imagine there's a fair chance for third party downloadable items with more focus on third party games these days. One can hope eh? Hehe.

How are you finding the island games to be? Have any favorites? So far I'm loving the fishing based ones, but the selection is nice in general.

The 3DS has been quite fruitful with returning series. I don't have a Wii U yet, but wonder if they'll make an Animal Crossing on that in the future.

Deadcant_Closed

Wrenry

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:21 pm
Bought 20 turnips of June on Sunday for 250 bells. In my own town Reese was offering on Monday during the day 75 bells for them and Tuesday 100 bells. Went to a friend's town Wednesday morning and their Reese was offering to buy the turnips for 400 bells. Did I jump on the deal, sure as heck did.

So if you play the turnip game always check with your friend's Reese in their town to see if she's offering way better deals than the Reese at your town.  
Animal Crossing New Leaf (Events, Contest, and More!?)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games