Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 pm
He nodded and smiled, glad that she'd understood, then shifted his attention to the case as she asked her question, so he leaned forward with a light, thoughtful hum. "Well, these over here are some examples of the lightest ones we carry," he said, sliding over a bit and leaning on one arm on the case, pointing to a few different guns with his other finger with his head bent over them. "Personally I'd recommend a semi-automatic pistol like these here. They're safer and are the least likely to go off accidentally," he explained, his head staying where it was but his eyes flitting up to meet hers. "Even if they're small, they're still pretty heavy. You can get a custom made one though so it's lighter and easier to hold, but those are special order only; we don't have 'em here."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:49 pm
Her eyes met his but only briefly as she moved to look at the pistols he was pointing out. "I thought about custom ordering one, actually..." she said, fully unaware that her body language might betray that she was uneasy about the entire process. "They work the same way? Same quality?" she asked, tucking her hair back as she continued to look the same guns over again.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:54 pm
"The supplier we work with does, definitely," he assured her with a nod and a warm smile. A slip in quality could mean a fatal mischarge for whoever bought and used the gun. Or guns. That wouldn't do in the slightest. "Their quality is top notch, and as long as you maintain it properly and clean it regularly, and use the right ammunition it's made to fire, then you won't have a single problem." Huh, why was she uncomfortable all of a sudden? Maybe feeling dangerous had worn off a bit, now that she was seriously considering this. He didn't blame her, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:30 pm
She nodded again. "That's good... I'm not into low quality anything, especially not anything this... " She let the words hang, wondering if her standards were really still the same. So far, she thought they might be...

That too, was shoved aside forcibly, and she looked to him again, her expression less heavily daunted by mixed feelings, though she now rubbed her wrapped arm. "So you'd recommend a custom one, then?" Price wasn't a problem.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:57 pm
Professionalism was one thing, but damn if she didn't make it so easy sometimes. "Not into anything low quality, huh? Thanks for the compliment," he replied in low, fluid tones given their sort-of close proximity.

Setting that aside for now and hoping his boss wasn't lurking nearby, he continued in normal tones, "If you're looking for a really lightweight one, then you should go custom, yeah. You've probably felt how heavy the standard ones are if you've been shooting so much." He raised a hand to rub at his chin. "Those are about the lightest ones we have here, really, so anything lighter..." He shrugged again, as he'd already explained. If she wanted something lighter, she'd have to custom order it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:05 pm
Her cheeks and ears turned bright pink at his comment, and she laughed a little and rubbed the back of her neck, amused but slightly unsure all the same--though she had decided it wasn't to bother her. And at least he hadn't dismissed the whole ordeal altogether, as she was sure he had. "Caught that, did you?" She still wasn't sure of what to make of the whole thing, or his actions, but she was a little less disappointed now.

She, too, glanced around the room, not looking for his boss in particular, but rather anyone standing close enough to hear them. Seeing no one looking partially interested, she picked up their previous topic. "Okay... I'll definitely look into it then... Do you order them here, or online, or...?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:12 pm
He gave a short, light laugh. "Hard not to," he replied with a grin, then easily slipped back into work-mode as he straightened up and ducked down to pull a piece of paper from somewhere out of sight, then leaned back on the glass case to hand it to her. "This has everything you need to know about ordering a custom handgun," he began, then pointed out a few things in particular and explained them each very briefly. That done, he folded his arms on the counter and peered back up at her with a curious smile. "Anything else?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:39 pm
Her blush remained, but she smiled a bit as she took the offered sheet of paper, quickly scanning it before sliding it into her purse."I think that's it on customs..." she said, fixing the tie on the silk bandaging on her arm. "I'll be looking into it, so I'm sure I'll be back...Besides, I think this might be one of the only ranges in town that has a proper testing system for getting a license."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:48 pm
"Alright," he replied amiably, leaning on the counter again and watching her as she spoke. Her observation received a single nod and a brief, "Camphoreon doesn't have a lot of ranges really, this one and the other are the only ones I know of. That one has proper testing too though, I'm pretty sure," he said thoughtfully, idly rubbing his chin a bit, then refocused on her again, indicating her arm with a finger, "You doing alright? I haven't seen you in a few days," though really he didn't know exactly how many days it had been since he'd seen her.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:40 am
The information was again tucked away, and the topic ended gracefully as he asked about her. "I'm doing alright," she replied honestly, though her eyes fell again to her wrappings he had pointed out. She lifted her arm as she referred to it. "They're healed... I just don't like to look at them..."

With a smile, she searched for his gaze again. "How have you been? Things still seem to be going well for you, it seems." He had a job and an apartment, and from experience an interaction, she had to assume he had the ability to make friends at his leisure. She hoped the move hadn't been hard, though all signs she saw pointed to an easy transition.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:38 pm
"Aww," he said with a soft frown, his colorful gaze dropping to her arm. "Yeah, I can imagine; scars usually aren't pretty or anything..." It occurred to him that he had no idea what type of scar it was or how she got it. Maybe he'd ask some other time; right in the middle of the store probably wasn't the best place or time to ask.

His smile returned and he offered her a single nod. "Yep, everything's going alright so far. Wasn't too hard to find a nice apartment, and I don't have a lot of stuff, so it didn't take long to unpack everything," he said with a shrug. He would've added that it hadn't taken him long to find a job either, but he wasn't sure if his boss was listening and, if so, how he would feel about such a statement, so he left it unspoken for now. Turning the ball back to her court, he asked, "Things still going well for you?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:57 pm
She drew her arm close to her chest, her opposite thumb rubbing at her wrist. "Yeah... I'm sure I'll get used to them, someday..." she said quietly. It wasn't exactly the best conversation piece, but at least forcing herself to talk about it might help her accept it a little more.

She smiled back to him. "That's great! I'm glad you've been able to settle in." Now she just hoped he would stick around a while. When the question was returned, she paused, and released her wrist to tuck her hair back. "As well as they can be, I guess," she offered with a slight shrug, though to be honest, she felt completely and utterly conflicted-- both stir crazy and craving peace and relaxation.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:16 pm
"I'm sure you will," he said encouragingly, offering her a smile. Scars weren't too bad, really, although she was a model... Maybe they were bad, then, though he didn't know what kind of modeling she did, so they may or may not matter, depending. He opened his mouth to continue, but another voice cut in before he could.

"Abel."

"Yeah?" He said instead, recognizing the voice before turning his head in the direction of the back door.

A man jerked a thumb over his shoulder, pointing to the back, "I need you to come clean these guns for me." His tone suggested that the blonde had better do it immediately, too.

Abel smiled at him and offered a salute as a silent agreement, then turned back to Dove with an apologetic smile. "Sorry, duty calls," he said with a light shrug. "Talk to you later, though, yeah?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:20 pm
She smiled softly at his encouragement, though it faded quickly as the man called for his attention. Her face flushed, and she looked to him, worriedly, and nodded at his parting words, hoping she hadn't gotten him in trouble. "Yes! And thank you, for the help!" she said, hoping his manager--or whoever the man with authority was-- would hear, before she turned to leave.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers