[FIN] Runaway Rich Kids Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:53 am
"I see," the brunet answered, and he did. The situation sounded all too similar to the one between himself and his mother. He just couldn't ever see her accepting his ideals, let alone swallowing her pride enough to apologize. "I hope he gets a chance to do that, then."

"Well, it's probably not so dangerous as that," he confessed. "Um...it's just that guy...Izaya Orihara. One of the Rockets you met at Kodo? I kind of...know him. I met him a while back to do this sorta shady deal, but I never knew he was a Rocket until Dove told me."

Akira shrugged. "He knows I'm pretty naive and new to the city, so I figured if I approached him alone, he might be more likely to give me information. About Team Rocket, about why they're after you guys specifically, you know...but I wouldn't ask him those things directly, of course. I just thought since he's an informant, he's not likely to deny me information if I can pay up."

He smiled sheepishly. "Heh...but I guess if things go ary, I'm also more likely to disappear forever. I don't know how dangerous this informer is, especially with Team Rocket behind him. You have experience with Rockets, though, right? What do you think? Any tips?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:39 am
There was no mistaking that the name was familiar to Luke, nor that the feelings he harbored towards the named individual were heavy and dark. He refrained from comment until invited to offer his opinion, which he did in a tone that reaffirmed an immense distaste, "I don't know much about him, but he doesn't seem like the type that likes to fight directly. Might not even fight back if threatened. He'll use pokemon in battle, though. I would strongly recommend against confronting him, or any Rocket, unarmed or unprepared for battle." The information was given in a sharp, concise, almost clinical manner.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:48 am
The change in Luke's tone made Akira wonder if its negativity was meant toward the Rockets he spoke of or Akira himself. He had to admit his plan was pretty foolhardy, but it was the only thing he could think to do.

"I suppose I had better keep practicing then," he answered, not wanting to seem too deterred. "As I said, though, my aim wasn't really to battle or fight, so I hope it doesn't come to that."

Hoping to change the subject to something lighter, he said, "I hope you don't find me too nosy, but...might I ask if you and Yuri originate from the same region...?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:12 am
"Don't let optimism overcome preparedness," he said, the warning taking a mild tone that indicated it probably came from experience. It was hope and faith that had gotten his Flareon stolen once upon a time.

The question to follow disarmed some of the harder feelings that had taken precedence over his disposition, and blinking, he gave a short nod, "Yeah… well, the same country. Grande Ile."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:30 pm
The warning caused the brunet to laugh aloud. "I'm sorry," he said, shaking his head, "It's just...wow. I've never been told I was being 'optimistic' before." He grinned grimly. "I'll keep that in mind. But I think it's less optimisim and more indifference. I have little to lose."

"Ah, so it's a separate country," he acknowledged. "I'm afraid having lived as sheltered a life as I have, I know little about other places. Yuri didn't seem too interested in elaborating about it. What's it like there?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:59 pm
On that, he had to disagree, "I won't pretend to know you well, if at all, but well-being and peace of mind are worth more than you might think - not to mention your life as a whole, which is kind of a big one." As often as he had confronted death and the threat of death, he had become someone who took the idea of danger perhaps a bit too seriously.

Though he opened his mouth to respond to the request for elaboration, he found that he had no words to offer. He frowned lightly, rubbing at the back of his neck. "Sorry, I don't know very well myself. I, uh," it was always so difficult to find the boundary between explanation and unsolicited information, "wasn't allowed to leave home. I've only ever seen parts of the capital."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:52 pm
"I'm sure they are," Akira answered, "But when you're not even sure if those things are or ever will be attainable to you again, what good is it living? It almost seems to me more torturous to go on with that hope rather than to just stop worrying and live life like it's your last day." He walked toward a nearby rock and sat, making a gesture to offer up the seat beside him to Luke. He was interested in the other young man's philosophy, especially with how far Luke had come with his friends and fellow trainers.

At the mention of not being allowed to leave home, brown eyes widened. He whistled long and low, astonished. "The capital, huh?" he murmured, half-smiling at the dirt. "Sounds fancy. But a cage is still a cage, no matter how large or grand... Now that is something I'd know a little about."

Akira chuckled lightly to himself. All this time he had thought Seraphine was the one he could relate to regarding his past lifestyle, but who would have guessed it would have been Luke? "...Did you run away?" he dared to inquire, but his question was barely audible, as if he almost feared it would be heard.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:59 pm
He responded in kind to the gesture that he seat himself, though tentatively. The words he listened to hearkened back somehow to a time he didn't particularly enjoy thinking about. He breathed in in preparation for a reply that he hesitated to give, "Um, if this is too much information, let me know and I'll drop it, but… The happiest I've ever been was at a time after a friend barely stopped me from killing myself. So the idea of hope is kind of important to me." The words, to his chagrin, sounded more awkward than he had imagined them.

He shrugged lightly, "Sera could probably tell you more about the capital than I could. Most of what I know comes from the view from my window." He smiled wryly at the thought, and at the question that followed. "Twice," he replied.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:45 pm
"...Luke, with as new and ignorant as I am to the 'outside world', I seriously doubt anything you could tell me about your experiences would be 'too much information' for me." He listened attentively to the red-head's words, turning them over in his mind and considering the value of them. "Do you...know why you were happy?"

"Sheesh, sounds like you had a real 'Rapunzel' story, there," he commented, raising his brows high. "Seriously? How did you manage to do that? Sounds like it had to be really tough. Were you even successful, if you weren't able to find out what the rest of the capital was like?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:04 pm
"Uh," he ducked his head down instinctively, heat rising in his features, "it's kind of cliche, but… because I was with the person I love." The words sounded foreign in his voice, having previously only ever occupied his thoughts.

"Well, I had help," he admitted with a shrug. "But yeah. I saw some of the city - the parts between my home and the first ship to Kodo. The first time I sneaked out early in the morning so I didn't want to hang around too long, and the second time the military was already out searching, so…" Not the best time for sightseeing, really.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:44 am
The brunet sat up straighter, having recognized Luke's words with a start. "...I don't think it's cliche," he answered softly. "A person like that is rare. Definitely a reason to have hope. And to live." He sighed, suddenly feeling nostalgic. "I think it goes without saying, but...hold on to that person as long as you can." They might not be around forever.

He smiled faintly as he imagined the scene of the escape. "It certainly sounds like an adventure. And they didn't manage to find you here on Kodo, huh? At least not for a while, seems like."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:35 pm
He nodded, understanding the dangers the region presented and knowing too well what could so easily become of that beloved person. Too easily - the thought paled his complexion slightly, but he refrained from sending a message to confirm her well-being. That kind of behavior would only be an annoyance.

A light shrug. "It took them a while at first to find me here. When I was found, it was by my best friend, so he wasn't about to drag me back against my will." There was a slight nostalgia to the sentiment as he wondered what had become of Guy lately. "As for now… I can't imagine my father thinking I'm anywhere but here, so I guess he's giving up the chase for the time being."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:15 pm
"How noble of him," Akira remarked musingly. "I guess it would make sense that a friend would find you first, especially if they're true."

Scratching his head, he asked as off-handedly as he could manage, "So...your life on Grande Ile - living in the captial, being kept captive by over-protective parents - sounds like they had expectations for you," he commented. "Maybe your brother, too. I'm surprised they let you both make your own choices in the end."

He reached down to pluck a grass blade or two. "I guess that wasn't entirely their intention, but...do you ever feel...guilty? For...for not being who they wanted. Or not fulfilling the duties required of you." Akira glanced up at Luke out the corner of his eye. "Like, maybe...you let them down?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:45 pm
There was a faint smile in his features that betrayed wearied feelings of resignation, eyes unfocused on any one thing. "I don't know if you could say I'm making my own choice," he admitted. "Being in Kodo against my father's will is one thing, but I'm still studying the same as I did when I was kept at home. One day Father's position will need a successor, and I'm the only heir. I can't abandon what my brother died to protect." He paused, as if waiting for the weight of his words to fall away before he could say any more. When he spoke again, it was in a lighter tone, "As far as running away goes, though, no, no guilt whatsoever. My father is so stubborn that snubbing him like this is pretty much the only way to get through to him."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:57 pm
"Making the decision to leave the only place you've ever known and go out into the world is definitely your own choice," he affirmed. "Just as much as choosing to study now what you did when you were at home. In fact, it's even more your choice, I think, since now you have no one telling you to do it. It's your decision."

"Do you mind me asking what you mean by that...?" Akira inquired, twisting the grass blades together. "About what your brother died to protect - I'm afraid I never heard the whole story." Brown eyes looked to vibrant green ones.

"I imagine somehow it was you who he died for, but he would have wanted you to live your life how you wanted, right?" He flicked the grass blades aside. "If you found out you didn't have to fulfill your role as an heir if you didn't want to, would you still want to do so?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff