Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:07 am
'Rocket'.
He gritted his teeth, fists clenching before he even realised it.
"I'd wish a lot worse on a Rocket." He found himself admitting, completely losing any of the act for that moment, his voice- his tone- that of a hurt, and angry, young man before he shook his head clear of it.
"Sorry. You don't need to hear about that." He decided and forced up the smile, took a breath to retrieve the character (or whatever he could salvage) he'd had before and continued to reply to her.

"I would hope that anyone would stop to help a beautiful stranger who has had the misfortune to be lost in the woods; that should be nothing at all, and liking something like learning isn't ridiculous at all either." He was still working to calm himself, and responding like this seemed to help somewhat.
"We'll stop at a pokécenter right away; there's one nice and close to the outer neighbourhoods, of course, but I couldn't possibly impose upon," Aha, food; however he felt, he did like to eat more than the trees provided when he could "your incredibly, and obviously, bountiful generosity but of course, if you insist, then my friend and I will have no choice but to join you!"

This was certainly no target to rob from, he reflected, and was glad of the choice he'd made not to; not only was she now offering food, was pleasant and quite pretty (he couldn't help but notice) but she had met Rockets; she had information that he could learn.

<> Jeeves decided to answer the point, keeping himself very honest in at least that answer; it was just the right side of personal for him. <> There was the slightest glimpse of something resembling a troubled expression, directed thoughtfully at Lin's back, before the Snivy resumed <>  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:59 pm
She looked properly surprised, and even drew back a little at his reaction to her words. "No, no...It's no trouble at all... I would probably wish worse on most Rockets..." she admitted as well, her look on him now that of concern. She had half a mind to ask him if he had any experience--which she hoped he hadn't; it was awful-- with them, but he was quick to bounce back, at least a little, and she took his reaction as note that he desired to move on. Talk of Team Rocket could come later.

She shook her head again at his abounding compliments, and laughed before nodding as he agreed to show her to a pokemon center... and her offer of a meal. "Oh, I insist. Anywhere you prefer is alright with me. No limits. It would be nice to sit down for a while, though."

Lovey smiled, and nodded in understanding, though her head tipped a bit at his swift troubled look to his master. <> She offered another, gentler smile. <> she assured him, knowing very well the differences in type and the Typhlosion's disposition to strangers. It only made sense. << I see. Does he plan to add more to your group?>>  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:02 pm
'Most Rockets' - It was another thing he found himself curious at, despite the, for now, welcome change of topic, but he was more than willing to pursue it later.

"Well if you insist then it would be extremely rude of Jeeves and I to decline, after all... Your generosity is what is truly impressive! I think I can recommend a nice little place that fits all of that criteria; very comfortable, I promise. First, however; we promised you a pokécenter, did we not?" Lin smiled, pointing a little ahead of them- walkways led upwards, into the strong mesh of thick trees, with the nearest, the one they were about to step onto, leading up, eventually, to an aboreal pokécenter.

<> Jeeves knew when a genuine compliment was called for, snooty but not enough not to recognise something that impressed him. <> It was an assumption, but Jeeves thought it a fair one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:12 pm
She grinned, straightening her shoulders and walking taller to match his over the top style with her own over the top expression of approval of his agreement to take her up, though her gesture was more silly and playful than anything.

When he pointed upward to the building she assumed was the pokemon center he was speaking of, she relaxed, visibly. Her team could be restored, now, including her new member. "Oh, perfect!" she sighed, clearly delighted with their arrival. With a smile, she added a bit to her step in order to reach their destination more quickly. "I love how everything is so high up..." she mused, wanting to keep the conversation going.

Lovey laughed, shaking her head as if to gently dismiss his compliments. Really, he was too kind. << Oh, so you've not begun to travel? Does he plan on attempting a real Pokemon Journey, as they call it?>> she asked, stepping to the walkway after the humans. <> she added apologetically. She and Dove had never really 'wandered' or 'roughed it' on a real journey before.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:21 am
Though he tried very hard to keep his composure to the grand gestures and flirting compliments- the 'big' personality-, a bit of his real self had slipped in several times already, and the gaps it had left in his armour now welcomed genuine amusement from the boy at Dove's attempts at matching the style.
He snorted, grinned, and then forced away 'too much' laughter.

"Well of course!" Lin thought he was back 'on form'. "For beauty always strives to soar above the world, so that she might bring light to more of it, is that not true?" It was about as cheesy as a 'did it hurt?' pickup line; Ruff would have been proud.
"Perhaps we'll have to show you some of our favourite places! But first," Lin's eyes took on a slight look of mischief as her turned and showed Jeeve's a hand gesture with three fingers, the little finger crossing the palm side of the two next to it on his right hand "pokécenter!"

<> He sighed a little << are we ever likely to enjoy the civility and style of maintaining a homestead in the likes of Camphoreon.>> It was then that he caught the hand gesture, and flashed an apologetic look to the Eevee.
<>
The Snivy, using Vine Whip suddenly, shot a snaking green tendril upwards, before three more sought out Lovey, Dove and Lin, perhaps in a gentle variation of the 'Wrap' move.
A moment later, the three of them would find themselves lifted from the ground and swinging, quite rapidly, up to their destination.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:25 pm
She shook her head, this time laughing fully at his compliments and his apparent amusement at her joking with him. Thing were definitely looking much, much better than they had been.

"Sure, I would love for you to," she laughed, still, though she calmed a little at his mischievous look. His hand signal to Jeeves, however, was taken as a quirky way to point the center out to her.

Lovey smiled, glad for his perception of her and her mistress. His disheartened talk of being able to enjoy staying in Camphoreon brought a confused look to her face, but before she could question it, she found herself yelping once in surprise as a Vine wrapped around her middle and lifted her into the air.

Dove's surprised matched her companion's, and her eyes grew wide in quick panic as they rose, until she realized Lin had been lifted as well. Not thinking to stop herself, she reached out and took hold of his arm, as if grappling for a sort of lifeline, in case they should fall.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:50 pm
Lin seemed completely in his element, as though this was a perfectly normal, but fun (like a motorbike or something) way to get around; of course, for him it really kind of was.

It wasn't a very long ride, which was especially welcome for Jeeve's, who wasn't entirely used to doing the trick with three vines for passengers at once, and hadn't been totally convinced his anchoring vines would hold up for very long when he had to concentrate quite so much.
He was proud to prove he could do it, though, ascending, himself, a little behind and above the others, while keeping his hold gentle, but secure enough not to let any of them fall.

Lin immediately smirked as Dove grabbed his arm.
"Travelling in style with a pretty girl on my arm; tonight is being very kind!" He commented, cheekily, as they began to descend.
Soon they'd be back on the, reasonably, solid wood of the city 'streets' in the trees.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:09 pm
Dove continued to cling to the boy, but slowly started to relax as he seemed to be completely in control of the situation--though whether or not that was a good thing was still a bit out of reach for her. She laughed, a little nervously, at his cheeky comment, then looked to check on Lovey. The poor eevee stayed frozen, curled as best she could around the vine that held her. "So you're used to this?" she asked, watching as they drew closer and closer to the ground. Another slightly shaky laugh. "I guess I should have realized that, huh?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:32 pm
"Oho, very!" Lin answered, grinning, both at the reactions, and the fact that, used to it or not, he still enjoyed it. "Jeeves and I are, if I dare say so myself," He even winked "self taught experts in the fine art of arboreal navigation!"

The wood would, at least, be firm underfoot, and Jeeves had helpfully deposited them right next to their target.
The Snivy, after carefully setting them all down, moved directly toward Lovey.
<>  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:48 pm
"I can tell!" she replied, almost in disbelief at how calm he was. He had known, apparently, that they would be flying high above the ground, though, while she had been given no warning at all and he was clearly--very clearly-- practiced in vine swinging.

When they were set down, the girl stood carefully, quickly adjusting to solid ground again as the vine slipped away from her waist. Lovey, however, was not so quick to bounce back, her head spinning both from the shock of being lifted so randomly and at such a fast speed. The eevee, upon being set loose once again, took a few steps, then flopped onto the wood paneling, closing her eyes as she waited for her little head to stop spinning. <> Needless to say, the little Normal type wasn't a fan of heights.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:01 pm
<> Jeeves found himself conversing with, now, what he found to be somewhat akin to a tiny fur rug, flopped out as the Eevee now was <> The fear of heights was, apparently, quite alien to the Snivy, and he found himself very concerned that the little Normal type had suddenly taken ill.

Lin waited a beat, as though, maybe, he was waiting for some further sign that she was impressed, or some further comment on their method of travel. Not seeing one coming though, he mentally shrugged it off but continued.
"Well, we have had -years- of practice, after all... Anyway! Here we a-" His eyes caught the strange tableau of the fretting Snivy and prone Eevee "Is your Eevee all right?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:58 pm
Lovey whined softly, still resting her head against the thankfully solid pathway. <> Oh Arcaeus... Not fun.

Dove nodded in agreement as he talked, her expression full of laughter but unsteady, until he switched track midsentence to her eevee. Her eyes widened, and she immediately moved to the little Pokemon, kneeling and reaching down to stroke her ears. Lovey offered a slightly stronger whine and a sigh--she was okay. "I think she's alright... She's not exactly a fan of heights..." Even when they had traveled by air, Lovey had always found a way to hide, unable to bring herself to think of being so far from the ground. Dove offered and apologetic smile, not wanting to make Lin feel uncomfortable. "I guess it's a good thing we came to the Pokemon Center first, huh?" she said, scooping Lovey up from the ground to cradle her to her chest, where the eevee promptly clung to her.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:46 pm
<> Despite the Snivy's worry for his new acquaintance, his snooty side couldn't help but point out to him how unseemly it was for the Eevee to be sprawling out on a public street.
He was rather grateful when Dove scooped her up.

"Ah... I did not know pokémon could get that." Lin admitted, looking a little sheepish now as he watched Dove attend to her pokémon, and then nodding in agreement regarding the pokécenter comment. "Uh, yeah. Wow. Sorry."
He really hadn't expected what he hoped would be a fun surprise could affect either of them in such a way, and now the boy did feel quite guilty about the fluffy pokémon.
"Just.. yeah. Sorry." Well that had backfired wonderfully.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:25 pm
Lovey sighed from her trainer's arms, and wiggled her head a little. <> she assured him. <> She didn't want the Snivy to worry. It really had been just a shock, and he had no way of knowing of her fear of heights.

Dove shook her head as she stood once more, and offered Lin a smile, sensing his obvious discomfort now. "Hey, no worries," she smiled. "Lovey is a bit sheltered..." Not that Dove wasn't. "She'll be okay! And really, after the first part, that was kind of fun...at least, for me."

Lovey huffed.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:00 pm
<> The Snivy settled, his composure restored. <>

Lin brightened up considerably, reassured that, at least for Dove, the vine trick had had the intended effect.
"Aha, that's good! Perhaps after a while, Lovey might decide it was fun after all too," He considered "after all, we didn't really give any warning at all, I suppose... I solemnly swear- cross my heart, in fact- that I shall let you both know the next time we take to the air."
He then bounced toward the pokécenter door, intent on holding it open for them.
"After you, Milady!"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces