Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:32 pm
The girl didn't seem to mind the hug; or at least, she wasn't fighting it, though she was still trying to wipe any trace of tears from her face, rubbing her arm across her eyes a couple of times.

She caught Doves question and nodded a little.
"Um, black hair, really green eyes, skin like me." She answered, despite obviously being upset. "I guess... We waited for /ages/ though!" She did hope he'd been let out, or found some way out, later; hearing it from Dove should have been reassuring, but it happened to reinforce the fact that she remembered waiting until being forced to leave, from the time Inigo had vanished.

This is what she'd been most interested in, what she wanted to know most; what did other people know about Team Rocket and why they did such things.
She found herself unsurprised, but disappointed, with the answer, though.
"... but you dunno either?" She completed the sentence with how she supposed it would go, an unhappy sigh capping it off.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:16 pm
She watched with a sinking heart as the girl wiped at her eyes, keeping her hands at her shoulders. Oh, she hated seeing people cry.

At the description, Dove blinked, immediate concern passing through her features. "Yes, that sounds like him. I'm sure he's alright. He's a good person, and smart, so I'm sure he just found another way," she repeated. Oh, she hoped he was alright. Inigo had been kind to her, in a time she hadn't really deserved it, when he barely knew her. "From the way it sounds, the whole place was crazy... I'll bet he just got mixed up in the crowds and he's just fine, Hen."

Her reassurance took a dive as the girl finished her sentence, and she gave another soft, but devastatingly sad look. "I'm sorry... I don't know. But I know we'll find out. Hopefully soon. I mean, they caught some of them, right?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:28 pm
"Yeah." Henrietta didn't sound 'sure'; she'd seen Inigo go off with the police person or whatever they were and then not come back, after so much waiting, but part of her, like the instinct to go with Nicolette from the conference room, was telling her not to tell the whole story there. It wasn't /that/ unlikely anyway.
Inigo /totally/ could have gotten lost in the crowd, maybe, at some point... and then his pokémon could track him- they did that didn't they?
"Y-yeah! Maybe that happened!" She, perhaps, needed to convince herself a bit.
"There were totally loads of people around and stuff... That could totally be it!"
But if that was it, then she ought to go back and ask around, maybe, again. Or... post something to those forums that Rosie talked of; she really should learn to do that, she thought, but there was never really time and it wasn't exciting like pokémon battles and running around and everything- she wasn't good at being 'still' usually.

They /had/ caught some of the rockets... The news hadn't really shown who, or anything, yet, as far as Henrietta knew but she definitely knew, and had seen, some Rockets in custody.
"Yeah! Dumb Rockets... We saw some get taken away! They better tell!" Her sadness was, suddenly, some rather indignant anger- fueled by the same kind of fire as her usual jovial hyperactivity, it was probably as unhealthy a state of mind as her depression a moment before.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Dove nodded with a slight smile as Henrietta seemed to continue to reassure herself, though she knew she hadn't accomplished much in the way of easing the younger girl's mind. Arcaeus, why was she so bad at this...

Henrietta's abrupt burst of anger, made her eyes widen a little bit, and she lowered her hands cautiously, though she nodded again. "I'm sure the police and the league will interrogate them... they'll find some way..." Though finding that way was much, much more difficult than speaking the words. They killed traitors... and any rocket that would give away any serious information about the organization's larger goals would surely be put to death, if ever released by the authorities.

Dove gave another soft smile, then shook her head. "Hey, but you know what? There weren't too many injuries, and no pokemon were stolen, right? They even said that the few that were injured weren't hurt too badly, and would make a full recovery...So that's something good, right?" She tucked her hair back, and looked off for a moment, before turning to the girl again. The depression and anger was really worrying her, and though she had no idea how to go about helping the young trainer back to her amiable, fun state, she could at least attempt a little solace. "And we have the League's full attention now, too... So hopefully they'll be able to help us. Moreso, now that they've seen it here..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:53 am
"Yeah! They'll tell 'em where they all are hiding and then we can all go there and get them all and stop them!" Henrietta nodded, still angry, but buoyed, slightly, by how she interpreted Dove's words.

Gummy, at some point, had moved around in front of his trainer, and now sat down, nearly on her feet.

The girl actually listened, quiet again, oddly, as Dove pointed out the lack of really serious injuries and pokémon thefts. She nodded; that was good...
Henrietta pulled an uncertain face though, as she pointed out having the League's attention.
"D'ya think they'll really stay? They said they didn' wanna put Gyms here..." She had assumed that it meant the League hadn't wanted to stay in the region; weren't Gyms like their embassies?
Clearly another thing had been bothering her too though.
"Mom and Dad think I oughta come home..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:28 pm
Dove sighed, though the expectations Henrietta held for the captive rockets reflected the same hopes the model held herself. If only one of them would speak... Though she also hoped, that if they did, the League would somehow protect them from the organization they had turned against. If they actually were repentant. "I hope so... Surely at least one of them will be smart enough to talk!" she said, trying to keep the girl afloat.

Lovey, who had jumped from her trainer's shoulder when the girl had moved to hug the other, also stood close to her trainer, now pawing at the older girl's foot, wanting to be lifted again.

While listening to Henrietta's question, Dove acquiesced, and bent to scoop the eevee up again, though her expression as she returned to full height had fallen once more. "I'm sure they'll keep someone here..." A quick though and a recent memory made her pause, but she returned her attention to Henrietta almost immediately, her eyes widening a little, before she looked down. "Well... What do you want to do, Henrietta?" She understood her parent's reasoning, knowing that had she been a parent, she would have brought her child back home immediately, even if the girl was technically a teenager... though of course, she was one to reason such things-- even Dove herself was keeping the events as quiet as she could... or at least, her involvement in them, just to keep her parents from asking the same of her. Though of course, that in itself was far too complicated to think through at the moment, and one of the last things she wanted to explain to anyone on the island.

Her brows furrowed a moment, and she tilted her head, her concern clear, but her tone and expression soft. "How has your training abroad been? You're pretty good at holding up on your own, aren't you? I mean, your journey so far hasn't been too bad, aside from... them... right?" Gears began to turn in her head, and a thousand questions began pressing at her to be asked.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:43 am
"I bet they will and it'll be on the news and then we'll go and make them stop!" Henrietta nodded again, as though she actually believed the League would release the information and let the public join in some kind of Rocket hunt. She might have forgotten, or chosen to ignore a little, the attitudes she'd seen of other trainers in the conference.
"And then there could be a League here and the Rockets'll just stay away all the time!"

She'd admitted, probably, the one thing that had /actually/ been worrying her most, and she found herself a little unprepared to answer Dove's question, until after she'd furrowed her brow a bit in thought.
"I dun wanna go home!" She exclaimed, finally. "I wanna travel all of Kodo and I wanna see everything and catch everything but they don't like it and they say it's 'too dangerous' and that Rocket is everywhere! They don't think we can take 'em, but Gummy and Winglet barely ever get a chance to try yet and I know we can take 'em cuz all they do is cheat and that can't work forever! It just can't!"
The attitude of the young trainer was shifting, gradually, again, to something where she was herself again, but with frustration and anger still fairly present to fuel her determination, rather than simply ambition and energy as usual.

"Yeah!" She almost took Dove's question as encouragement, as 'egging her on' and nodded firmly, taking up a pose that people might have seen before, but when she'd battled.
With no opponent now, perhaps she felt like she was battling the world? It didn't seem to have been a conscious pose.
"Yeah! We totally hold our own! We're awesome! Just stupid Rocket ruining it all and makin' my parents try and take me home!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:32 pm
She smiled a little brighter, then nodded, leaving the topic where it stood. At least Henrietta seemed a little more reassured.

As the girl stood in thought, Dove waited patiently, her own concern still bubbling. A slight wash of relief fell over her as Henrietta finally arrived at an answer, and though she still somewhat sided with the younger girl's parents, she was glad for the girl's resolve-- even if it did seem a little skewed. "Traveling is good," she finally smiled, "Though I do think, given the circumstances, you should probably travel with groups...at least for a little while?" She shrugged a little, noting the lift in the girl's mood, even with the undertones. It was a fuel she was beginning to understand well herself, and while she couldn't truly recommend it to anyone--especially a girl so much younger-- it was another thing she was partially thankful for.

A full smile tugged at her lips as the girl took up her pose, and she nodded at the girl's answer, though it hadn't been exactly what she had been looking for. It was what she had asked for, though, and she simply narrowed it down a little when she spoke again. "You guys are awesome... Even just with traveling on it's own, I'm sure you're much tougher than I am. Where do you stay? Like... at night, and when you need a break?" There was absolutely no way it could be safe sleeping outdoors, especially around the cities. Especially with the island crawling with Rockets.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:04 am
"Uh. Maybe..!" Henrietta blinked as Dove recommended travelling in groups. That had been the same thing Rosie had told her to do, even before all this had happened. She just hadn't really worked out how to do anything with the forums; she was pretty sure she had a cool username now, and she'd chosen an awesome picture of a flame-shrouded Quick Ball.
"I just kinda sleep where ever I won't get wet..." Henrietta admitted "or in a room if I can afford it when I'm in the city, and sometimes in overnight shelters cuz they're free!" She didn't look like she quite understood the last part of the question.
"A break? From what?" Pokémon training was her life; she wasn't sure how she could have a break.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:02 pm
Dove shrugged a little. "It's just an idea, but it does seem like it would be a lot safer..." she explained, hoping the girl would think on it and hopefully act later on.

Her smile faded a little as Henrietta admitted to sleeping 'wherever she wouldn't get wet'... That didn't seem very comfortable, though she would have to admit to herself that comfort was a thing easily obtained for herself. It didn't take much to make something uncomfortable for her, she guessed, having lived such a pampered lifestyle most of her life...

She paused a long moment, in thought, then looked up again. "You know...I have a pretty big apartment, and it's just me and my pokemon most of the time," she said, offering another half shrug. "If you wanted a place to stay when you're in Camphoreon, I've got a guest room that could have your name on it." She grinned a little. "And I cook a pretty mean meal when I want to."

Sure, it could be an inconvenience for some things, she guessed, but... she really, really didn't want Henrietta sleeping out and about, or alone at night. Her apartment would be much safer for the girl, if she took her up on her offer. Besides... she had more than enough room.

She shook her head a little. "Just like, a nap or something. A somewhere to get out of the rain if you don't feel like being out in it, you know?" She had to guess that there was a little too much adventure in the girl, though, for her to prefer a day inside with a book as she did herself. The thought brought a fond grin to her face.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:49 am
"Yeah, but Gummy and Winglet are totally tough enough to help me out too though! I know there are like... those thread thingies to arrange to meet up with other trainers- Rosie told me about 'em- but I don't really get how they work yet..."

She listened as Dove offered her apartment, and grinned at the sound of meals, but didn't look all that sure about the guest room, and just looked confused about naps being breaks.

"I napped in there once!" Henrietta pointed to a nearby hedge with an over-hanging tree. "That was kinda outta the rain! It would be awesome to come and visit you though I kinda like sleepin' outside and in rooms and stuff; I'm a trainer! We're meant to! I could totally come over and visit," and eat, and hang out- even if she didn't admit it all the time, trying to be tough, simply hanging out with people was really really nice as well- "though! D'ya have a big TV? Could I watch that?! I haven't watched pokémon battles and contests and documentaries and cartoons for /ages/!"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:58 pm
"Oh, yes, the threads are wonderful! I haven't posted in any myself, but they are a good place to get information about things that are happening, even in different regions," she admitted, smiling in acknowledgment to the girl's belief in her Pokemon. The threads were a good source of information, and she was sure to check quite a few of them every morning, just after she checked on how things were going on for those back in Sinnoh and between regions--politics and other things she found relevant to her family.

The girl's expression in response to her offer was a little disheartening, though the explanation that she had napped in a hedge-- in a hedge-- was much more so in her opinion. It had even been raining?! Her expression might have been that of being horrified.

"What about in the winter, when it's too cold, or in storms?" Sure, shelters were fine, and yes, she supposed 'roughing it' was what was expected of young trainers, but...

Her questions were definitely a relief, and Dove brightened, her expression changing from concern to a smile. "Of course! Any time you wanted, Henrietta," she nodded, fond of the girl's desire for cartoons. "Really, all you have to do is call me, and it'll be ready for you, okay?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:17 am
"Uh-huh! I saw stuff about the one in Kanto we went to!" Granted, it wasn't /all/ good stuff, obviously, and that was part of why she'd been upset, but it still mentioned a lot of what had been fun about the trip.

She hadn't really thought about winter very much; the girl had started her journey in Spring and now it had just been Summer. She didn't know the region either, so she hadn't any idea of what Autumn and Winter were like in Kodo.
"Uh. I guess I gotta get a jacket..." She supposed, underestimating things a little. "Awsome! I can totally do that! Thanks! Uh, I don't know where you live though!" The girl realised after a moment. "But that's really awesome of you!"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:18 am
"Oh?" Mention of Kanto made her hand immediately go to her wrapped arm, though she barely even noticed she had made such an action. She decided not to further it any more than the broad, simple question, though she hoped Hen might let on a little about what she might have read.

Dove had been in Kodo a year, long enough to at least get a taste of the climate, and long enough to realize the girl was very seriously underestimating things. "You might want a little more than a jacket... The snow was pretty deep last year, in some places. And the cold can be really dangerous when you're out on your own..." Her positive response, however, pulled another smile to her face, and she nodded, shrugging a little. "You can come over any time you like! We can even head over there in a little while, if you want, just so you know where to come," she offered, her smile now bright. "After lunch, of course."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:03 pm
"Uhuh! I even found some battle pictures and I'm in one so that's kinda cool!" There'd clearly be more to it than that, but Henrietta had already moved onto the topic of the weather.

"It snows here?! Awesome! I'm gonna make a giant snowlax!" She grinned- this was a happier topic than Rocket stuff, at least, even if she'd kind of... missed the point there a little about the danger.
"Yeah! That sounds cool!" She agreed as Dove offered to show her where the apartment was "Thanks! Hey, where are we going for lunch?! Do you think we could get pizza? I think Gummy wants pizza!"

Gummy seemed to be unconcerned on the topic of what would be eaten.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff