Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:20 pm
"I have too," he countered without hesitation, though he waited for her response. Hearing it released the rest of his tension, and he exhaled lightly with some relief. His gaze shifted to the Eevee in her arms as she spoke, a light frown on his face. "The Pokemon center..." That was... Not too far from here, if he remembered right - from all of the one time he went there.

"Hm? Oh." He frowned again as he focused on himself again, glancing down at and twisting his arms to see a few scrapes on them near his elbows, then raised a hand to touch the side of his head. Almost as an afterthought he touched his chin when he felt a foreign sensation on it, and as he removed his fingers he saw a bit of blood - presumably from his lip or something, he figured. His frowned deepened only slightly, thoughtfully, before it disappeared and he shrugged. "Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing that bad, really." He'd probably be sore in the morning, but really nothing he could complain about.

Anyway. "Did you want me to walk with you to the Pokemon center?" He offered, tilting his head a bit. With jerks like that running around, he didn't want her to feel as if she had to walk around alone - nor did he want her to - even if she did have large pokemon to help her out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:34 pm
She was glad when he relaxed, and looked over her shoulder again. "It's not far from here. I actually just came from there," she admitted sadly, turning again to regard the eevee. The pitiful little while she had given had at least proved her to be alive. Dove's heart sank. Arcaeus, if she had just trained her more...

As he looked himself over, she peered up at him again, her expression now apologetic. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to--" To what, get mugged? Yeah. "Thank you for the help. I really don't know what I would have done had you not stepped in." She almost wished he hadn't, even though she really would have had no idea how to handle the situation. The scrapes and his lip sent heavy guilt over her, and she wasn't entirely sure how to respond to it, other than thank him again quietly. How embarrassing. "Can I do anything...?"

His offer was met with a pause, then a deep breath and a nod. "That would be great, if that's okay...I promise it's really not far."

About that time, Aurora returned, Dove's purse strap clenched in her mouth.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:43 pm
"Is it? I don't remember that well - I've only been there once before. I don't train my pokemon, so I don't really need to go," he admitted with a shrug as he gave his arms one last look before lowering one, and raising the other to gingerly and carefully attempt to wipe the blood from his lip. For some reason, it really bugged him.

He shook his head then, dismissing her apology, "Don't worry about it. I'm just glad you're okay," he said, a small smile briefly appearing on his features as he took a step in the direction she had looked, back where the pokemon center was. Her acceptance of his offer received a brief nod and a smile, "Sure, I don't mind." He paused though, in order to take one last look at both ends of the street to ensure that both men had indeed left, and weren't trying to sneak back or anything, before he returned his gun to its hidden holster.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:32 pm
Dove took the bag from Aurora, grimacing at the teethmarks now in the leather and the sticky saliva now on her fingers, but reached out to run her hand through the arcanine's ruff, thanking her. Aurora nodded, and looked to the eevee, concerned, before falling into step with Sparky as he started onward, his eyes still on Abel.

She nodded again, and moved to follow him with a weak smile as he started toward the Pokemon center--or at least in the direction that she had looked. "That's... yeah..." He didn't train his pokemon... Of course.

"Thanks for walking with me...Arcaeus, I feel so stupid..." she sighed. "I was literally just there..." She did offer him another smile as she continued to gently stroke Lovey's tiny head. "What were you doing out so late...?" she asked, pausing as he did to put his gun away. She blinked as it fell from sight, then looked to him again, an unspoken question in her eyes. Of course he carried a gun...sadly enough, it suited him...  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:48 pm
Abel watched with some slight amusement as Dove recovered her bag from the Arcanine, but he raised a brow curiously as she seemed to only partially reply to his admission. Mentally shrugging it off, though, he nodded and offered her a smile as he slipped his thumbs into his pockets. "No problem; and nah, don't. There are jerks like that everywhere, trying to take advantage of people. It's really unfortunate," he said with a frown aimed at the pavement, but it disappeared as he aimed an inquisitive glance at her, "What were you just doing at the pokemon center?" Probably healing her pokemon; duh.

"I got out of work a bit ago," he replied to her question with a smile, "and I was walking back home, since it's such a nice night. Guess it's a good thing I did, huh?" The blonde finished with a wry smile and an attempt at humor to lighten the situation, though he did worry for the poor Eevee.. He blinked back at her, though, as she seemed to look at him a little curiously, so he aimed a single raised brow at her in his own silent question.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:03 pm
"Yes, especially on this island... though Team Rocket's got hands overseas too, I guess," she sighed bitterly, "Though I guess those two were just...jerks." At least they hadn't been Rockets. The thought sent a shudder down her spine, and she found herself wishing she was armed with more than just a team of pokemon. Though that should have been far more than enough. She walked a few more paces, then looked to him again, at his question. "I volunteer, at least once a week, unless they don't need me there..." A soft laugh, finally. "I, um... I usually just end up playing with the few pokemon that they've got there waiting for their trainers, or the ones in some sort of therapy..." A shrug. "Sometimes I run errands for the nurses. I just thought it would be a good idea to learn something about taking care of my team, if we ever get stuck in a tough spot... They give me a few tips and tricks while I'm there."

She smiled as he explained why he was there, and nodded again. "I would definitely say so," she laughed again, barely a shake audible in the sound. She was fine. He was okay, just a little bumped and bruised. His unspoken question in return to her look was met with a shake of her head and a fallen gaze back to her eevee who twitched a little, giving another little whine.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:47 pm
"You think they were Rockets?" He asked suddenly, brows raised. That's what it sounded like, at least, and he couldn't help but glance behind them with a frown, though Sonia peered up at him questioningly as he did do. Giving up the thought, he shrugged and went on in less pleased tones, "People like that are everywhere, though, and not all of them are part of some criminal organization like that. Some of them are just in pairs or act alone, for their own reasons." Some of them were sick, while others, he supposed were legitimate. Not that he cared for either, though.

Moving on to more positive topics, he relaxed and smiled again, "Yeah? Volunteering's good, and I bet you pick up a lot of useful stuff at the pokemon center. I admit, I don't really know all of what they do, but," he admitted with a brief, sheepish grin, "they seem like good places." They'd called Luke quick enough when his pokemon were brought in, so that he could be reunited with them as quickly as possible.

Depending on her reaction, he entertained the thought of responding more playfully, but as she still seemed concerned for her Eevee, he dropped the silent questions and continued to walk beside her, though followed her lead mostly. Even if the last time he went to the pokemon center was a week ago, it was still the only time he'd been there, and his memory of its location were hazy at best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:01 am
"Oh, no... No. You would have known if they were rockets," she said almost flatly, "Id have to guess those two just wanted money..." They hadn't gone after her Pokemon, instead choosing to aim for her purse. It was sad, really, all things considered. The fact that it had gotten so much more violent, though, made her stomach clench. Abel really had been a godsend.

His smile an the other topic were much more calming, and she nodded again. "It's been alright, so far. It's kind of fun, actually. It's not all so hard to learn... Not that I think I'd ever actually make a decent nurse..." she laughed, more at ease. [collor=purple] "They do a lot for trainers, at no cost. Healing Pokemon, offering storage, sometimes shelter if you need it... They're a great resource."

Within another few short minutes, the two would find themselves walking through the doors, were Dove bashfully moved to the counter where a nurse first teased her about returning so soon, then saw the eevee, blinking. "But you were just here!"

After a quick explanation--in which Dove left out the more vivid imagery-- the eevee was swept away, though she whined at being separate from her trainer, and the model moved toward a long couch, sinking into one of the seats to wait.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:33 am
He nodded at her words. In all likelihood he would've known, he supposed, even if he'd never had a run-in with one himself... Or would he have been able to tell? Were they that different or obvious? He wasn't too sure, but if she said he'd be able to tell, he took her word for it. "Yeah, they just seemed like common thieves.. A little violent for thieves, but..." He trailed off with a shrug. His mouth turned up in a smile at her words of pokemon centers, and he nodded his head, "They do sound like a great resource." Not that he was a trainer in need of such resources, though.

Sonia followed Abel into the pokemon center as the small group entered and Lovey was whisked away. Once the nurses had ascertained that Abel had gotten injured in the same instance the Eevee did, he was similarly shepherded off, much to his chagrin. The Zoroark's ears perked straight up when her owner was led away. This wasn't... a bad place, though, she supposed... And he didn't seem to be fighting against them or anything, so, perhaps it was alright... With some lingering doubt about the situation, the dark-type moved to go curl up in one of the chairs to wait as well, though not choosing one too close to Dove. She still didn't know this human.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:04 am
Despite picking up on his displeasure at being taken care of by the nurses, Dove couldn't help a soft giggle as they took him away as well. He definitely didnt seem like the type to be okay with being babied, but in the end, she knew she also would have insisted he let someone--likely her-- clean him up had the nurses not stepped in first.

Aurora, having done her job, was now called back to her ball after a parting hug with her trainer, to deter any unnecessary attention from the few trainers and staff in the Center. There had been enough excitement for the night, at least for now.

Sparky, on the other hand, stayed with his mistress, his scalding frown still present as she had proved disobedient yet again. How many more times would she call him back or act against his will when potentially dangerous situations arose? He did look to the Zoroark, however, again with an approving eye. She seemed just as protective if her trainer as he.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:38 pm
Sonia didn't notice the Typhlosion, too busy watching the door where her owner disappeared. He'd better be back soon...

Luckily they didn't have to wait long for Abel to return. His lip had stopped bleeding and his injuries had been cleaned up, and small bandages covered the scrapes on his arms at which he aimed dubious looks as he halted just inside the lobby. Shrugging internally at their frivolity, he offered Dove a brief smile and moved to join her on the couch. As he did so, Sonia rose and removed herself from her chair and instead curled up beside Abel, on his other side. He leaned back against the cushions, feeling only a mild discomfort at his back that he'd probably feel more in the morning. Dove's Eevee was still no where in sight, so it stood to reason that she was either still inside, or had been returned to her owner in her ball. Probably the former, but instead of assuming, he figured he'd voice the question, "Is your Eevee still being looked at?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:16 pm
She grinned at his return, and the look on his face to the bandages, "Aww, they gave you the plain ones.... Should have asked for the sparkly band aids," she teased lightly, attempting to make the situation better, before stealing a quick glance to the counter as he took a seat. "At least they don't look that bad..."

His question prompted another look to the counter, and she nodded, flirty smile falling away. "I guess so... I think the guy kicked her, and she's not exactly a strong Pokemon." She rubbed her arm, then blinked, realizing her own bandages--though hers would be considered generally unnecessary, and actually consisted of only wide, expensive ribbon--had been damaged amidst her struggling, as were well on their way to falling off. "Im sure she'll be okay... They're good at what they do, here." she assured mostly herself, though she directed the words to him. With a sigh, she pulled away her wrappings, and crossed her arms loosely over her middle to wait.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:45 pm
He snorted lightly at the thought. "I dunno, sparkly band aids seem like they'd be a little too small for these," he held up one arm and the bandages there, the larger of the two that covered a good two square inches on his arm. He lowered the arm again back to his lap and aimed a smile at her. "Yeah, they're not that bad, and I won't really need them. Scrapes aren't too bad," the blonde finished with a shrug. Honestly, he'd been more concerned about his lip and whether or not that would need stitches, but luckily it didn't.

"Ah." He frowned lightly, and hummed thoughtfully at her words. "Isaac and Sonia aren't that strong either, but I don't train them," the man admitted with a slight shrug. He'd never felt the need nor desire to actively train his pokemon. "They probably wouldn't have done that much better, I don't think, but they're also bigger.. Either way, though, I'm sure she'll be fine," his tone and smile reassuring. "Pokemon are pretty tough as a rule, or so I've heard, so she's probably gonna be perfectly fine. Still, poor thing, getting kicked..." He couldn't imagine that had been at all a pleasant experience.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:02 pm
She laughed softly, though an unease carried through the sound. "Well, sparkly band aids or not, Im glad they're no worse." She already felt terrible that he had been dragged into it. It was her own fault anyway. "How's your head? And your back? They forced you down a few times, and I canti magine the concrete is comfortable." a hand lifted, almost as though she might reach out to brush the cut on his lip, but she lowered it soon after, instead focusing on her eevee again, as she caught movement behind the counter from the corner of her eye. It appeared he would have to wait another few moments, however, as Lovey had yet to reappear.

"Sonia... I'm guessing she's your Zoroark?" she asked, leaning forward a little to look at the Pokemon at his opposite side. "And I'm sure she will be... I feel guilty, though, having not trained her much, and now this." Poor thing indeed, though as she was finally brought back into the room and Dove's name called, the eevee looked to be completely at ease, if a little timid and tired.

With a quick glance to Abel, the woman puse herself up from the couch, still are full to hide her arm, and more forward to accept the ever as the nurse passed her along, with a word of thanks. Lovey tipped Dove's chin with her nose, with a quick, reassuring peep to tell her she was fine, then yawned, and curled up against her chest again. That done, and after an apology and another thank you to the nurse, Dove made her way back to Abel, though this time, she didnt sit. "She's alright," she announced, her relieved statement followed by another muffled 'eeeev' from the Pokemon in her arms to confirm to the man. Said Pokemon wouldn't lift her head though. Nope. She was warm and cozy right now.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:20 pm
"Hm? Oh. Yeah, I'm fine," he said, though he couldn't help but think, again, that he'd probably be sore in the morning. The comment made him chuckle lightly though. "Yeah, concrete isn't very comfortable to land on, no."

The Zoroark's ears twitched and she lifted her head to look at Dove when the girl said her name, and Abel smiled and nodded as he moved a hand to ruffle the fur atop her head. "Yep, this is Sonia. Isaac comes out with me during the day, and Sonia usually only in the evenings." Sometimes the schedule differed, but usually not. Abel's fingers idly ran over the Zoroark's ears as he hummed thoughtfully, a light frown present on his features. He hadn't exactly considered training pokemon to be helpful in such situations, but then again he didn't expect to encounter such situations very often, either.

As Dove stood, he did as well, though he waited near the furniture for the girl's return. When her owner rose, Sonia moved to stand too, assuming they would be leaving now - or at least in a very few moments. The blonde smiled a little more brighter than he had, "That's good. I don't think that was very comfortable, either, what she went through," he couldn't help but comment. No, being kicked was never any fun.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff