Submit

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:43 pm
Izaya stared at her. "Well if you're going to be like that, why don't you just tell me what you do know about Team Rocket first so that I don't give you redundant information?" he suggested, propping up his shoes on the edge of the table as he balanced on the back legs of his chair.

"Or, you know, I could take my chances. It's not as though it would be the first time someone's attempted to murder me." With just a liiiittle more of a tilt, the informant's chair rocked back too far. With his feet on the table top instead of near its legs, there was nothing to keep him from falling. He landed hard on his back, much of the air knocked out of his lungs. "Ugnh," he groaned, trying to recover his breath while still on the ground.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:18 pm
Dora opened her mouth to say something-- until the space across from her was suddenly void of the smug criminal. She coughed lightly into the back of one hand, flipped to the top page in the labeled folder, skimmed the information provided there, then closed it once more. Her hands folded casually on top. "How long have you been a member of Team Rocket?" she inquired conversationally, idly checking her nails or the plain walls. There was no apparent rush to get Izaya upright just yet.  

Catzandbirdz

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:41 pm
The lack of help that came to Izaya seemed to suit him just fine. In fact, if one hadn't known better, they might have thought he'd have been counting on it. It was a good several minutes and some clamoring behind the table when the chair was suddenly propped upright and its previous occupant sitting back in it. He scooted forward, looking slightly disheveled as he kept his handcuffed hands in his lap and gave her an innocent look.

"Whoever said I was?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:22 pm
Dora raised a brow at the antics, but made no sudden movements or gave any signs to show concern as he righted himself. A flick of her gaze, however, would indicate her noticing the different angle of his arms. She calmly scooped up the photo collection and returned them to the top folder. "There's no pleading coincidence here, Mr. Orihara. You also," she straighten the edges of the short file stack, "weren't the only arrest made today." Standing the folders up on one end, she tapped them to the table before lowering them closer to her chest. She looked at him over the pale files. "First to talk, walks, you know."  

Catzandbirdz

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:35 pm
"According to you, first to talk also dies," he reminded her, though he didn't seemed overly distressed by this concept. "Not that I doubt the abilities of your wonderfully efficient law enforcement and their offered protection, but...would you remind me what under what charges I'm being held here?" He leaned his elbows on the table and clasped his hands together, resting his chin atop them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:08 pm
Dora regarded him coldly. "Theft; forced entry; murder; illegal breeding, trading, and experimentation of Pokemon; disturbing the peace... You name it, you're charged, at minimum, with aiding and abetting it. See, that's the thing about Team Rocket. It doesn't matter anymore what you did specifically. There's even a shortcut command on the computer for filing you away. Certainly makes my job easier. All we need is a couple witness accounts, and away you go. And guess what?" She raised the folders in one hand for emphasis, and looked him in the eye. The next three words were stated slow and clear. "We have them."

And lastly, a challenge. "What do you have?"  

Catzandbirdz

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:56 pm
"That's all fine and dandy, but I still have yet to hear any evidence confirming me to be a member of Team Rocket," he answered in bored tones. "There's the comment I made at the beginning of our conversation, but considering that it wasn't a direct confession and that at the time I had also claimed to be Luke fon Fabre, I highly doubt that statement will hold up in court. Now where would the public's trust in the League be if they found out an innocent info-broker ended up being falsely accused and imprisoned?" he reasoned, holding out his palms as far as his shackles would allow.

"Listen, I don't know if you just came here with the League or what, but I've been nothing but an upstanding citizen of Camphoreon City for a good number of years. I've even given the police underground information provided they paid my price. That meant risking my life as well as my relationship with my less reputable clients. And this is how I'm repaid? I don't think the public will like that at all. Especially not when they hear me tell it to all the television stations and reporters that will undoubtedly be at my hearing. Your motion will be dismissed immediately and there will be no trial. Your precious law enforcement will be the laughingstock of Kodo once more."

It dawned on Izaya who the witness accounts might have been. He remembered the incident in Kanto all too well. Damn, he should have just left Faleen alone and let her own actions lead to her self-destruction if that's what fate commanded. Instead, he had somehow allowed himself to get caught up in that mess and been seen, too, by the trainers she had terrorized. If he hadn't stopped his partner from doing something she probably would have regretted, though, could he have avoided this predicament...? Doubtful.

"Okay," he said. "I'm not saying I have anything to do with the Rockets as a member. As an informant, however...how much information about them would you require to get me off the hook?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:33 pm
Dora leaned back in her chair, at the same time crossing one knee over the other. She continued to watch Izaya, considering him. "That depends. The better the intel, the better the defense."  

Catzandbirdz

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:17 pm
"In that case," he began, taking a breath, "make sure I'm being recorded, because I'm only going to say all this once for free."

"The organization's headquarters are based in an airship that is rarely ever stationary on land or in the sky. It's got a cloaking device that keeps it from being discovered by either the naked eye or radar they usually use to keep track of aircrafts. This ensures that if one of its members are stranded or left behind, they will be unable to betray the location of their base. However, if the organization chooses to seek them out, they can easily be picked up wherever they may be."

He held up a finger pointedly. "Their leader's code name is Deimos. Brilliant when it comes to technology and inventions, but quite dim regarding nearly everything else. He's an eccentric man with a child-like nature, a pet Shaymin he calls Andre, and a fondness for juice and hummus. He's also claustrophobic and seems to have a habit of reciting the decimal digits of the irrational number, Pi, when he's upset, afraid, nervous, or otherwise distressed."

"His second-in-command, Tethys, practically doubles as his nanny. She's cold, calculating, and absolutely insane. Her face lights up with this disturbing smile when she talks about Deimos' ideals and the 'new world' he planned to create at one point. One might almost think she's in love with him, but then you know whatever love she has for him would more likely be that of a mother for her child than a romantic sort."

He paused, tapping his chin with the finger he had previously held up. "There's also the matter of things like Tethy's weapon of choice, Deimos' first name, and a recent plot he had involving the destruction of the world and all known legendary pokemon, but as I'm not even sure if what I just gave you would get me anywhere, I think I'll keep those particular details to myself for the time being." Izaya gave her a crooked grin. "Unless you think you already have enough to go on."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:00 pm
"It's a start... if it checks out." Anyone who listened to a tale like that would think it too crazy to be true. Or maybe too crazy to be false. Team Rocket was an interesting bunch. "And of course, we have the rest of your buddies to check in with. I'm sure they'll be able to verify these details to your credit, yes?"  

Catzandbirdz

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:17 pm
Izaya shrugged. "'Buddies' implies we have a bond, but again, I'm giving you this information as an informant; nothing more. Whether or not they choose to speak in favor of what I told you, to remain silent, or to feed you lies instead isn't really my concern. I don't affiliate myself with those other people you arrested."

"Besides, if we're competing for the prize of your 'protection', why should they have any reason to confirm what I said? If I were one of them, I certainly wouldn't bother to help out another member stupid enough to be captured, particularly if only one of us has the opportunity to walk. That would just mean every man for himself." He met her gaze.

"Just think about it a minute, though. I'm an informant; I have good reason to earn peoples' trust and keep up a good reputation. I haven't built an underground network of contacts for no reason. My explanation regarding the airship provides you with a valid reason to give the public as to why this region's criminals have eluded law enforcement for so long. You could earn back their trust, which I'd imagine the league will sorely be in need of after this fiasco at the PokéCon. What more could you want?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:49 pm
A light smirk played as the corners of Dora's lips as she listened to what was starting to sound like ramblings. When he paused after his last question, she took pause to process and weigh everything before taking her cue to speak. "Don't get me wrong, Mr. Orihara. We do want explanations, and we do want Team Rocket found. But the Pokemon League is not a rumor mill. We aren't going to make excuses to the people on facts that have yet to be proven." She looked to the documents before her. Nothing short of a Team Rocket confession from the arrested parties would make the day perfect for the mayor hovering around outside, but getting a freelance informant pinned and talking? Even vaguely? That could potentially make up for a good deal of things after what had gone down at the PokeCon.

Before he could start speaking again, she cut in with a new question. "What can you tell me about the others arrested today?"  

Catzandbirdz

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:01 pm
This man, who clearly enjoyed listening to the sound of his own voice, was most certainly rambling. When one was in a tight spot and one was forced to talk, it did well to speak so much about so little that eventually the other party simply wanted you to shut up. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to dissuade the clever interrogator.

Thus, it was a long moment before his open mouth was once more dispensing words for his captor's benefit. "They...didn't want to get arrested?" he replied, as if unsure what else she could have possibly expected him to tell her or what she might have wanted to know. Vague questions begot vague answers.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff