Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Longhorn Caverns Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

POLL
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:45 am
Citrus Novii

I like commercial tours to a point. For the caverns its the only way in so no choice there, but every where else I like to wander around. 3nodding

One of those days I'm going to get some time to do some stuff like that. Minus the kids. I don't know how you can manage that many kids, even if it's not like scaling a mountain or whatever. It seems a lot of the cave/tour guide stuff is mostly showmanship though. I've seen some really good ones, and some downright terrible ones. The ones at the caverns aren't state employees or anything either so they outright solicit for tips, which kind of is irritating.

As someone who seems to constantly get hurt doing general everyday things, when I plan on doing something out of the ordinary I've found it's best for my skeletal structure if I know what I'm getting into lol.

I also just like researching stuff though.
You do really have to listen to people though, I mean even if it's not serious stuff like safety and what not, if you're just super shut out to learning new things no one would know how to drive, or even function really in society.

Yeah I know of some places where the only way to see them is commercially. Luckily most places back home are still protected as nature reserves, and as such no operator can control the rights to them. There are a couple areas where the "semi-native" people have claimed the area and you have to pay to get into those though.

Its all good Ive been doing it for years. The largest activity I have run as a outside organised game for kids is ~120 kids in the one game. (Although I have ran things for larger groups I have had staff to help, the 120 kids was just me XD). Im pretty good on the leadership side, both in doing stuff for kids and managing staff. But outside of work...I am still a social loner who enjoys to do stuff by myself. Its not like I am one of those social types...I just fake social extremly well XD.

I was accident prone growing up. But I learnt how to recover and prevent most injurys after getting them enough time, so besides cuts/scrapes/bruises I dont really get many injurys now.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:54 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

I like commercial tours to a point. For the caverns its the only way in so no choice there, but every where else I like to wander around. 3nodding

One of those days I'm going to get some time to do some stuff like that. Minus the kids. I don't know how you can manage that many kids, even if it's not like scaling a mountain or whatever. It seems a lot of the cave/tour guide stuff is mostly showmanship though. I've seen some really good ones, and some downright terrible ones. The ones at the caverns aren't state employees or anything either so they outright solicit for tips, which kind of is irritating.

As someone who seems to constantly get hurt doing general everyday things, when I plan on doing something out of the ordinary I've found it's best for my skeletal structure if I know what I'm getting into lol.

I also just like researching stuff though.
You do really have to listen to people though, I mean even if it's not serious stuff like safety and what not, if you're just super shut out to learning new things no one would know how to drive, or even function really in society.

Yeah I know of some places where the only way to see them is commercially. Luckily most places back home are still protected as nature reserves, and as such no operator can control the rights to them. There are a couple areas where the "semi-native" people have claimed the area and you have to pay to get into those though.

Its all good Ive been doing it for years. The largest activity I have run as a outside organised game for kids is ~120 kids in the one game. (Although I have ran things for larger groups I have had staff to help, the 120 kids was just me XD). Im pretty good on the leadership side, both in doing stuff for kids and managing staff. But outside of work...I am still a social loner who enjoys to do stuff by myself. Its not like I am one of those social types...I just fake social extremly well XD.

I was accident prone growing up. But I learnt how to recover and prevent most injurys after getting them enough time, so besides cuts/scrapes/bruises I dont really get many injurys now.

We have a few areas like that in Travis County, like the Hamilton pool reserve but I've never been. Inks lake is my favorite, mostly because of the hiking trail which I learned the hard way you don't do without sun screen if you are as pasty as toothpaste. IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT, lol.

I think I would rather endure 3 paper cuts than deal with that many kids. gonk I can barely handle a screaming baby at one of the store's tables and I don't even have to talk to it. You kind of remind me of my uncle in that respect. He's a lot like that, 30 years in the service industry waiting tables he's SUPER AWESOME at being personable and stuff but reality outside of the register he's quiet and likes to do things alone.

So it's safe to say that you understand when I say that I've just learned to fall over the years lol. Working in restaurants has taught me that too, especially on slick tile floors where the owner doesn't have mats or require shoes, and you're a stupid 16 year old who thinks she's WAAAAY more coordinated than reality. xD

YEAH.
GO STUBBORN-NESS.

/gotofftangentmybad  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:42 am
Citrus Novii

We have a few areas like that in Travis County, like the Hamilton pool reserve but I've never been. Inks lake is my favorite, mostly because of the hiking trail which I learned the hard way you don't do without sun screen if you are as pasty as toothpaste. IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT, lol.

I think I would rather endure 3 paper cuts than deal with that many kids. gonk I can barely handle a screaming baby at one of the store's tables and I don't even have to talk to it. You kind of remind me of my uncle in that respect. He's a lot like that, 30 years in the service industry waiting tables he's SUPER AWESOME at being personable and stuff but reality outside of the register he's quiet and likes to do things alone.

So it's safe to say that you understand when I say that I've just learned to fall over the years lol. Working in restaurants has taught me that too, especially on slick tile floors where the owner doesn't have mats or require shoes, and you're a stupid 16 year old who thinks she's WAAAAY more coordinated than reality. xD

YEAH.
GO STUBBORN-NESS.

/gotofftangentmybad

Sounds interesting. But yeah I learnt about the importance of sunscreen at a pretty young age. NZ is under that hole in the ozone layer, so even on overcast days we can get sunburns. (If you know your UV index in summer we can get levels over 12....anything over 11 is considered extreme and sun contact is recomended to be avoided....aka you can get a sun burn in level 12 in like 2 minutes of exposure....Even Death Valley in CA only hits around the 10s...

Long story short....I have seen a lot of bad sunburns, and got some bad ones myself.

Yeah kids can be annoying but I have learnt to manage pretty much all thier shiz. Nothing really they can do now surprises me. And luckily Im a "live out" which means at least I go back to my own cabin over night here.

Yeah, if you are carrying stuff when you slip you need to make a instant decision to wether you save what you are carrying, save yourself, or go down with it....Luckily I have learnt to mostly make those decisions reflexivly now.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff