Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:08 pm
It wasn't herd to tell that Dove had some strong feeling about the things she was talking about, mostly involving her brother it seemed.
"Mama used to say, that you could only put your best effort, into something that you love. And I feel its true, everything else it just feels like you're going through the motions. Regardless of your parents expectations for him, I hope your brother lives the life he finds most fulfilling, be it the family politics or his own music.
Family should be able to understand that, even if they don't accept it.
My family is pretty small," and growing smaller every second it felt like. "and we've all got things that make us very different, but I think in the end that's what makes me love them so much. Grandmother never liked that mama wanted to go into business, but that didn't make our visits every summer any less enjoyable."

Rosie gave a sheepish smile, "I've never been good at understanding politics." She admitted "I didn't know your family was political, for Sinnoh right? So I guess that's something you and Luke have in common right? Do you get along with your parents? I bet they miss you being so far away from home."

"I don't preform anymore but of course I still dance, I dance everywhere I go." The blond giggled, certainly knowing that to be true, one didn't need a stage or an audience, or even at times music to just have fun and dance. Though Rosie knew that when she heard music she was pretty much obligated by her spirit to dance.
She gave the other women a reassuring smile. "You don't need to put it that way, I never really stop dancing, its always going to be a part of me and its always going to be something I love to do. But when you have a full team of pokemon, plus some then you don't really have much time for chasing a different career, Let alone a prestigious career school in another region."
"That's not why my Grandmother wanted me to enroll either, she wants me to stop pokemon training, and leave Kodo to be safe, away from my sister, and away from Team Rocket."

Rosie didn't seem at all upset about her choice, nor was she the least bit confused about her life. She knew exactly what she wanted, and exactly what to do, all the while being happy about it. sitting with her pokemon, watching Dove with a polite and kind attentiveness as she spoke.
"Its hard sometimes, but I know you'll be able to figure it out. It just takes discovering whats important to you. What is important to you? you're home? Family? Pokemon? Friends? is you're passion modeling? training? Dancing or medicine?"

"The PokeCon? yes, I went with Nicolette and Luke. We met some friends there."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:13 am
Dove offered a half smile at Rosie's (and her mother's) logic, and decided to remove herself from the topic of her brother, instead choosing to move forward to Rosie's family, though of course, she would still make connections. She was probably boring her with all the politic of her own, anyway. "Small isn't always a bad thing, especially if everyone is unique in their own way. Every family has disagreements, too... If there's not some sort of strife, something isn't true."

The more sheepish smile made Dove grin, and she shook her head. "It's actually very interesting, sometimes," she laughed, "But I really don't understand all of it either... my training growing up wasn't focused on politics, aside from public respect. I guess, though, when it comes to families, it is? I really... don't know much about Luke, to be honest..." She let her eyes move from the girl to the pokemon around her instead, unsure of the new subjects. Luke, her parents... Her parents were easier to explain, she guessed, though even that wasn't an entirely comfortable topic. "We get along, most of the time... I don't really ever see them much... even before I ran off. Or...moved." Her fingers twitched in Aurora's ruff. "I mean... they're busy people, and with my own career, we just..." A long pause, then a shrug, and a slightly embarrassed smile. Here Rosie was, telling her about how close her family was, and she barely even spent time with her own.

The topic of dance was well received once more, and she nodded, her smile returning a little at a time. She understood, again, that perhaps Rosie didn't want to be as busy as she preferred herself, and it made complete sense that moving to another region for school would be an incredible stress along with everything else. The reasoning from her Grandmother, however, was interesting. "Oh... I see..." Again, another uncomfortable topic, but this time, one that made her curious. "I understand that, though... She's just trying to look out for you, even if it's not what you'll do. My parents don't even know, and I won't be telling them if I can help it."

Unlike Rosie, Dove was still in the process of learning to handle life outside her bounds, and was piecing things together a little at a time, though now she might have admitted to having too many pieces to place into a solid plan. Some of the exploration wasn't so bad, though. At least, that was what she would continued to tell herself. "My passion is...passion. I just haven't found anything that sticks long enough for me to claim," she admitted with a sigh. "I've never actually tried my hand at true medicine, and it brings up..." a headshake, "...horrendous memories, but I thought it might be useful here, with other people. It might help with friends, it might just be a failed trial, but... it's on my list, now." Her ridiculous, ever growing list.

Ah, PokeCon, yes. They had finally turned back to her question, though as Rosie answered, her heart sank a little bit, and she didn't raise her gaze from her pokemon, moving her eyes from Aurora to Lovey. Nicolette...and some friends. Well, that had been quick. "Yeah? Were you...there the full time?" Meaning, of course, did you see them?  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:14 pm
It wasn't hard to tell that this topic for whatever reason was making Dove uncomfortable, though she girl answered Rosie's questions anyway, causing the blond to smile warmly at Dove.
"You're their daughter though, I bet they would still like to hear from you."
Rosie's understood having busy parents, her mother was a single mother and successful business women, she worked a lot, but there wasn't a day that went by the Rosie felt unloved or abandoned, not matter how busy she got, Rosie's mom always found time for her and Faleen. That's how parents should behave, She could not imagine that Dove's parents wouldn't question where their child had gone, or worry about her.

When Dove answered that she was passionate about passion, Rosie tilted her head, looking a little perplexed by that answer, though it would seem as the girl confused that it more meant that the women didn't know what she truly cared about yet.
"I hope you don't mind me asking then... whats keeping you in Kodo? I mean, its dangerous, and you've seen that there's a lot of things that happen to people that can get them hurt, being around us, puts you in danger.
But we have something to stay and fight for, and for everyone here it reaches a point that its what we're passionate about what keeps us fighting on. For me its my home, its my friends, its good people who have been hurt and a sense of responsibility ever since I found out about my sister. Luke is here for his friends, Luke has always had a sense of doing the right thing and protecting people, ever since he got here, and then finding out about Asch, what Team Rocket did to him and his family.
For other trainers its fighting for what the League up holds and protecting pokemon.
I hope you don't take this wrong, Its wonderful that you've chosen to stay but the way you're speaking now, you come off as a little impassive, whats tying you to Kodo so much that you and you're pokemon are willing to risk your lives? Especially if you've not found anything here, about the island that claim passionate about."
Rosie asked out of polite curiosity, she certainly wasn't accusing Dove of not caring, though it was clear that Dove's answer to her previous question confused her, and she respectfully would like to understand.

Rosie could guess where the question was leading.
"I was in the panel hall when the confusion broke out, there was a display showing known rockets and some people in the crowd were recognized." She explained. "They fought back and tried to get away, a few of them did. Someone even tried to accuse Luke of being a Rocket." she frowned at this shaking her head.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:48 pm
A somewhat sarcastic sound escaped her before she could stop herself, but instead of looking embarrassed, her expression read of something both bitter and sad. "I'm not so sure about that," she said, a little too wryly. "But...maybe. I have a feeling they're not too happy with me at the moment, to be honest." Or wouldn't be at all happy with her if they knew everything she was going through here. Life would have been so much easier blindfolded and lead on through, the way her parents had raised her to be. She brushed her palm over Lovey's head as the eevee curled against her leg, her voice mild but flat. "I'm sure they'll make due, though."

With Rosie's question, Dove's brows furrowed, her immediate reaction a cold, constricting feeling, reminding her how much she didn't belong. The explanations only furthered the feeling, and her hands stilled again over her pokemon, her eyes locked to the other girl as she spoke, her expression sharp, almost in disbelief. Was it all really necessary? The question itself seemed innocent enough, even if a little rude, but the explanation and elaboration that came with it went too far, as if Rosie were trying to prove to her that she should have reasons just as noble, as in depth, as she and Luke supposedly had. Why did she always have this feeling around this girl? As if she wasn't good enough, when in every sense of reality, she knew, their planes were the same. Perhaps it was just Rosie's way of speaking, the elaboration, that made her feel that she was being talked down to, though she resorted, again, to hoping it was all in innocence-- Rosie wasn't sharp enough to be so cutting on purpose.

The term 'impassive' drew a more heated gleam to her eyes, but she calmly turned away, up to Thierry as she contemplated how she should even answer. The conversation that had started to sink deeper had suddenly become amazingly shallow to her, and she shook her head, her walls rebuilt. "Ignorance was always bliss, to those who didn't have enough mind to step outside and explore. A caged bird can be safe, but they'll never be anything more than an object." A shrug, her gaze now returned to Rosie. "I'm still hoping to find something real, and even if I only find the painful side to reality, at least I won't die too sorely disappointed." The promise of true friends, though now she felt as she had back in high school, speaking with someone kind only for approval. The promise of honest people... A world with no set lines.

Impassive... someone impassive wouldn't be changing their entire lifestyle. But there was no need to brag or show off.

That said, she moved impatiently forward to the other topic, not wanting the icy feeling to stick. "Did you recognize any of them...?' she asked carefully, reaching for her wrapped forearm. "And I'm guessing they didn't know about Asch...right...?" The latter question was more subdued, more solemn. Obviously, if they were mistaking Luke for a Rocket, something had to have been said or seen. The boy himself rang nothing familiar of the organization, aside from the build of his body and face. And even then, she wasn't even sure he could even make a cruel expression.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:29 pm
"Well, it sounds like they at least still care, if they're not happy." Rosie observed "I bet they would like to still know you're at least doing okay."
She couldn't imagine they simply didn't care, it was family after all.

The conversation took a surprising turn when the way Dove wore her expression and in the small movements she made seemed to have changed pretty drastically. She seemed almost... angry? No not quite. Either way it surprised Rosie, having no idea where it would be coming from.

The answer she got was even more confusing, and it caused Rosie to fall quiet for a few seconds, unsure of what it really meant.
"Well, I was thinking that maybe it was your pokemon. You put so much work into them. If I had to guess I would say that you care about them more?" she tilted her head "I've watched you train for this long."
Rosie had to wonder if that was the case.

The question if she recognized any of the Rockets drew a nod, a pause, and then a reply. "Faleen was there," She confirmed. "I don't really remember anyone else... And no, we had to explain to the League later so they didn't think Luke was a Rocket. I'm so grateful that Alder took care of that, but I think its still a little worry some to some Trainers."
she let out a long breath though a gentle frown, her cheeks flushing as she lowered her gaze.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:59 pm
"I'm sure my ex has done a number on family relations," she sighed heavily, and offered a somewhat bitter smile toward the subject. "Right now, all they need to know is that I'm still alive."

The silence was accepted gracefully, though her eyes again wandered to the other pokemon around her, stilling as Lovey pawed at her bag, then dove inside it to produce another ball, looking to her trainer expectantly. With no break in stony expression, Dove picked it up from the ground and released the eevee's kit, to which the mother immediately moved, greeting it with loving licks to the heart shaped dot on its forehead. The floppy baby eevee only blinked at the bright sunlight, then whined up to Lovey.

Release of the little blue eevee seemed to placate the woman to some extent, and as Rosie spoke again, she attempted to put her obvious frustration behind her. The words spoken brought a slightly confused look her face, as if she wasn't sure Rosie had heard her at all when she had spoken, but she looked up anyway, offering half a smile. "They're part of it...but they could go back to Sinnoh with me if I wanted them to. At this point, I consider them my family, so... It's more just making connections that run a little deeper than family name and money, and having the freedom to do so."

That said, she tilted her head a little. "When have you watched me train?" she asked, with a bit of a laugh. It had been a while, she knew, since she and Rosie had trained together, before Kodo, even, and she had made it routine to train early in the mornings or in late afternoon. She did suppose that maybe she had been one of the few out and about with the others on the occasion she had taken to the plains to practice, and they had spoken once or twice, but she wasn't sure how aware Rosie was of her actual training methods.

When she confirmed that Faleen had been there, Dove nodded once, then listened to the rest. Ah, Alder... Hm. "Well... at least they've cleared it up legally. Luke seemed really out of it, though, last time I saw him, though I haven't seen him since before PokeCon. I'm sure that's had to have had some sort of affect on him..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:50 pm
"You're ex?" Rosie asked with a slight furrow of her brow. "What do you mean?"
surely it couldn't have that much of an affect on how she got along with her family, what kind of person was that man?

Rosie beamed at the sight of the baby Eevee, perking up and watching as the older Eevee tended to the youth,
Vahy'n to lifted her head in clear interest of the young one, golden eyes blinking a few times before she stood to her feet and walked over, lowering her nose toward the two Eevees.

Rosie considered what Dove had said for a moment, okay, so she understood that she cared about her pokemon, but in the same way she cared about her family. That made sense, so to her it wasn't the same kind of passion that Rosie had asked her previously, made sense why Dove had said her passion was passion and not her pokemon.
Rosie took a few more seconds to try and understand though it was clear that Dove's reasoning wasn't quite making sense to her, but that was why she loved individuals so much, everyone was so different it was beautiful.
The blond took a moment to look around at the pokemon gathered around the brunette. There were much more of them then there had been the first time Rosie had trained with Dove. "I think it understand." she concluded with a light nod.

"Well, yes," Rosie said with a smile "We have trained together a few times, but I notice a difference each time. I see you out training sometimes too while I'm out, I know a lot of the trainers too and they're pretty familiar with who uses the popular training arias. I ask sometimes how you're doing if they've seen you." The trainer community was pretty close, especially when one was so active in it.

With a gentle nod, one that wasn't entirely convincing Rosie kept her eyes on her hands. "It wasn't a good evening." she confirmed with a nod,
her hands closed tightly into one another, not feeling too inclined to look up.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:55 pm
A long pause, her hand unconsciously going to her neck where her locket used to hang, before a shake of her head, her voice quiet. "My ex fiance. It's a long story, and explaining it just... Wouldn't do either of us much good." Even if Rosie wanted to get to know her family better, as she gathered by the earlier questions, there was no need to dive into something so personal. It would probably bore her anyway, and Dove herself wasn't too keen on reliving all of it, especially as she had all but decided to refuse that it had ever happened. And really, how was she supposed to explain it anyway?

She watched for a moment as Lovey looked up to Vahy'n as she approached. <> the elder eevee explained gently, smiling and leaning to nuzzle the little one as it looked up at the call of her name. <> she encouraged. The younger eevee simply stared, and shifted closer to her mother, curious, but young and unsure about this new pokemon. Lovey laughed softly and stroked between the smaller eevee's ears with her nose. <> The latter made her ears droop a little.

With Rosie's short affirmation, Dove only nodded back. She wasn't sure exactly that Rosie did understand, but she reasoned that it wasn't all that important anyway. Not to anyone aside from herself, and maybe her closest friends, but as things were...

She let the discussion go, and instead picked up on the new topic, an amused but sharp sparkle in her eye, a flitter of confusion paired with it when Rosie gave an initial answer that made no sense. "Really? ...I think you might have me mistaken for someone else... I haven't trained with the other trainers in a while..." A pause, and a slightly more serious look, this one directed to her knee. "Actually, I haven't really trained with anyone since Kanto, unless you count Akira, and I don't, so." In fact, she rarely trained in the popular training arEas, and when she did, it was only during times that she was sure there were very few other people actually out and about.

The unconvincing nod was noticed, and she nodded back again. "I can't imagine it was...Is everything okay with you two, though?" Something about the way the blonde spoke made her wonder.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:44 pm
Taking that as mostly as an indication that Dove didn't want to talk about it, Rosie held a hand up politely. "Its okay, you don't need to talk about it if you don't want to, I understand." She reassured. "Somethings are hard to think about let alone talk about it."
She smiled lightly, though she was surprised to hear that she had an ex-fiance, meaning that she was going to get married at one point, she couldn't imagine that being broken off was a fun situation, if it was her choice or not.

When asked if everything was okay, the trainer gave a light nod, though after a consideration of the question. "yes, I think they will be." with was with another pause as she tilted her head "I'm sure this won't be the last time something like this happens, not if we're really going to help the League with fighting Team Rocket"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff