Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
I got a cortisone shot last week... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:29 am
entervixen
I messaged my doc about my shoulder. My left is fine, but my right is starting to hurt more and more now, and I don't want it to get bad again. My husband recommended I go in and talk to him about it, and for once I'm actually taking his advice instead of waiting until things are unbearable to do something. Hoping I will be pain free soon, shoulder pain is no fun. sad
Hopefully! Good luck!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:12 pm
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
I messaged my doc about my shoulder. My left is fine, but my right is starting to hurt more and more now, and I don't want it to get bad again. My husband recommended I go in and talk to him about it, and for once I'm actually taking his advice instead of waiting until things are unbearable to do something. Hoping I will be pain free soon, shoulder pain is no fun. sad
Hopefully! Good luck!

Thanks. smile I see him tomorrow, I should know more then.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:41 pm
So I saw the doc today. He said at this point the inflammation is permanent, and that I have two choices: I can have surgery and clear out the inflamed tissue, or I can learn to live with it. I'm going for the surgery, which will happen on October 22nd, because the pain gets that bad and I don't want to live with it if I don't have to.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:50 pm
Had my surgery. It went as well as can be expected. I have tightness in the shoulder they operated on and some residual pain, but nothing I can't deal with. Hopefully soon I'll be back to crafting and posting pics. smile  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:59 pm
entervixen
Had my surgery. It went as well as can be expected. I have tightness in the shoulder they operated on and some residual pain, but nothing I can't deal with. Hopefully soon I'll be back to crafting and posting pics. smile
So glad you're doing better!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:41 am
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
So glad you're doing better!

Thanks. smile I have my post op appointment today, hopefully I hear good things. smile  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:15 am
So the tightness in my shoulder is normal. The doc gave me some exercises to do that might help keep me out of physical therapy, which I've been doing. He also said that, aside from the bursitis, the shoulder is actually really healthy. I was afraid it was going to be a mess in there. Soo glad I was wrong on this one. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:12 pm
entervixen
So the tightness in my shoulder is normal. The doc gave me some exercises to do that might help keep me out of physical therapy, which I've been doing. He also said that, aside from the bursitis, the shoulder is actually really healthy. I was afraid it was going to be a mess in there. Soo glad I was wrong on this one. smile
Whew! I can uncross my fingers finally...lol.
I am so glad you are doing ok now!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:38 pm
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
Whew! I can uncross my fingers finally...lol.
I am so glad you are doing ok now!

Thanks! It's only been three weeks and I'm already off the vicodin he prescribed for the pain. Still have some tightness, but it's slowly easing. I don't know if I'll need physical therapy or not yet. We'll see when I see him in a month.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:39 pm
My shoulder was sore today. I broke out my bellydancing dvd and the act of swinging my arms around like that did me in. It doesn't hurt too much, just enough to let me know I shouldn't do any more. I really need to start exercising though, I'm diabetic and have done what I can with insulin and diet. I think exercise is the missing part now to get my a1c down.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:07 pm
Good luck!
I understand what you mean by exercise being the missing part. I sit all day at work (mostly don't even leave for lunch), and have gotten so out of shape & gained so much weigh it's not even funny!
I do start an exercise program tomorrow though - work offered to pay for a gym membership for anyone who wanted one, and I've got an appointment with them to get a full tour & be taught how to use the machines & things properly. They even have a pool (the thought of wearing a swimsuit right now...*shudder*).
I will really enjoy being able to work out again! May have to work out at O'dark:30 to be able to fit it in to my schedule, but I'm ok with that!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:32 pm
Good luck to you too! I gained weight when I stopped smoking. I used to go for a walk around the block for every cigarette I had. Well considering I was a pack a day smoker by the time I quit, those walks really added up. I never did anything to fill in the lack of exercise so I naturally gained weight. Which hasn't helped my blood sugar levels any. Was going to do more today but my shoulder still says no go, so I'll wait a bit longer.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:20 pm
Thank you! The gym was amazing, and I will be going regularly - starting tomorrow!!
Walking around the block actualy sounds like a great idea - it's easy on you, and really good exercise, plus you get the added benefits of fresh air & sunshine (if you do it during the day).
If it wasn't 2 degrees outside (and pitch black) right now, I might consider trying it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:51 pm
I used to walk everywhere, all the time. Not counting the miles racked up going around the block I also regularly walked to BART (kinda like the subway) all the time to go visit friends, where I would also walk around (usually the mall or something). It was three miles one way to the BART station, and adding up the miles to and from and around friend's places I would do more than ten miles a day on a regular basis. It would be nice to be at that level of fitness again. smile

Good news, I saw the orthopedist who did the surgery and he is pleased with the range of motion I've gotten back. So pleased he didn't put me in physical therapy. biggrin He said that the popping in my shoulder is normal and due to swelling in the joint, but it'll go away with time, and that it'll take three months to fully recover. He said it could take as long as six months but he's sure I'll be fine by the three month mark. It's so nice to have good news about my health, hehe.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:24 pm
Once the weather warms up, I do plan to walk more - the town I've moved to is (...small is being kind...) only about 14 blocks square.
One grocery store is about 5 blocks away one way, the other is 5 blocks the other direction, it's about 4 blocks to work, and the post office is about 6 blocks away from home...
In the summer, walking (or riding a bike, or even skating!) might be easier than trying to find parking!
People here think I'm nuts, locking my car every time I park it.

The best part about living here is I have only had to get gas three times since I moved up here in October - two of those times were when I went to visit friends, and figured it would safer to have more than a half tank to get there and back.
(On Thanksgiving, I drove about 200 miles round trip, and the other time, I drove about 140 miles round trip.)
This place is about 65 miles away from where I used to live, so it's made a big difference in how often I see my friends. It takes about 1-1/2 hours to get to my best friend's house now, instead of 20-30 minutes. Needless to say, I don't see her quite as often as I used to.  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff