Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:07 pm
There was a faint worry in his disposition, a recognition that this was probably the pokemon's first encounter with the world, and who was he to shape its thoughts and feelings in such a way? He certainly couldn't just leave it unanswered, though; he couldn't just walk away from its innocent curiosities and confused inquiries. Even if it was to retrieve someone better equipped to deal with the pokemon, he didn't want to leave it at the mercy of the wide, open world nor in the hands of a clinical stranger.

Again there was mention of noisiness, though as he followed the creature's gesture he felt that perhaps he was beginning to understand it. A pokemon that could not only speak, but read minds? Or maybe the two went hand in hand, given that its mouth never moved to form the words. He didn't understand enough about the species to come to any kind of meaningful conclusion. The question he was presented with stirred a certain tightness, a sorrow and a regret, though the feelings were quiet in his expression. "It often hurts," he replied, "but not always. There are at least as many good things as there are painful ones. For this," he pointed lightly to the growling stomach, then to the poffin still within reach, "this will help."

The answer felt as though it only left more questions, but for the time being Luke focused on the requested explanation. "Think of it sort of like…" he paused to search for a comparison, his eyes falling to a nearby clover bloom, "…like this flower. The whole thing is a flower, but all these little petals," he held the blossom nearer, brushing a finger lightly across the thin white petals to show their number, "are what make it up. Imagine that every petal is a person, like me. On our own we're petals - trainers - and together we're the League."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:17 pm
There was a deepness to his words that he didn't clarify on, and it drew a tilt of her head, he had answered the question she had intended anyway.
she stared at him feeling around the different things he was giving her and making little sense of them. She was just too weak,
And then, the attention was brought back to the Poffin, the Poffin that was taken from the boys hand, and held in both of hers.
Eyes moved from the Poffin, then up to Luke, than back down at the Poffin, than up at Luke again.
"What do I do with it?"

His flower analogy intrigued her, and would have left her much more confused by the scale of the League, and why it was so important to find, but as he explained she could gather the impressions of the league from him as he pointed out the petals and what they represented. The realization astonished her.
"So... are you all petals in the League?" She asked, looking at him and the two next to him  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:47 pm
"You eat it," he said, taking another of the poffins from their container and raising it to his mouth to bite in demonstration. Made from oran berries for how easy they were to procure, the little pastry crumbled easily and left a clinging flavor. "Sorry if it doesn't taste very good."

He looked to his companions as the pokemon did, nodding, "That's right. We all work together to make up the League. These pokemon work together with me to form a team, so I guess we're kind of like a smaller flower inside a petal too." Maybe the analogy was getting a little complicated.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:57 pm
"Eat... it" She tried for herself, not looking as if that had clarified anything for her. but then he clarified, doing as she had seen the blue pokemon next to him do. putting it in his mouth.
She watched with her mouth hanging open slightly, seeming to study very closely.
"..." Hesitantly she looked back down at the Poffin, turning it over in her hands, feeling once again her mouth starting to water as the smell of the food gathered in her nose.
Awkwardly, the larger pasty was lifted to her mouth that she had opened, and tried to find a way to fit the food in her mouth like he had. though her nose and chin had squished into the pastry, crumbs ending up clinging to the white face.
"Ahw!" She yelped, startled, trying to keep the food in her mouth while she chewed for the first time, trying to keep notes on how Luke was doing it.

It wasn't long before the large eyes widened again, and all movement stopped, eventually, and with much struggle she had managed to swallow it, and her eyes were staring in awe at the Poffin once again.
She sat like that for a few seconds in silence before her face tensed and tears began to fall from her eyes as she let out small whimpering noises.
Though through this clear display of emotions she forced another bite from the food, trying to chew it again through increasing tears.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:02 pm
The display of tears was alarming, and Luke raised a hand as the pokemon moved to take another bite. "You don't have to eat it if you don't like it," he advised. "We can find something else... It's not that far to the city."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:07 pm
He was misunderstanding, she could sense him not expecting this reaction from her. In all honesty she didn't expect it either so she couldn't blame him.
But this clearly meant he could not read others like her friend could.

Shaking her head she scarfed another bite from the poffin, her hands staring to shake a little as she grew a little more institutionally desperate for the sustenance, not letting the sobs stop her, or slow her down.
"I like it." She told him, since she didn't need her mouth to communicate, though this voice was quavering as she wept "I like it a lot, I've never liked something so much! "  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:11 pm
"Oh…" The raised hand slowly lowered as his distress ebbed away, replaced entirely by wonder and curiosity at this mysterious little creature. As it ate, he withdrew another of the poffins from the container, holding it in offer, "There are more if you want, however many you want." The poor thing had to have been ravenous to be in tears over a poffin.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:15 pm
Finishing the Poffin, with what looked like half of it still all over her face the tiny white hand reached up, nodding as the tears were whipped away before reaching out for another one.

Though she didn't get through nearly as many as might be expected before she started slowing down, and eventually lowered a half eaten Poffin into its lap and one hand was returned to rubbing her eyes, and hiccuping.
"I feel... full." She said, a little uncertain about this sensation, "I don't know how else to describe it..."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 pm
He nodded in understanding, opening his palm to receive the uneaten portion if she wished to be rid of it. "That'll wear off in a bit, and you'll feel normal again," he said. "If it's uncomfortable, just wait for a while and it'll go away."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:43 pm
With a hiccup, a hand still gently rubbing her eye the Jirachi reached out to give him what was left of the Poffin, before she slumped with a light droop of her head followed with a deep sigh.
"I don't... think its uncomfortable." she said concluded after putting some thought into it. "Its better than before, I don't feel like I'm dying anymore."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:30 pm
So to not waste the portion, he extended it in offer to the nearby Rem. The Jolteon looked briefly and mildly offended that to be given leftovers, but the feeling quickly passed in favor of consuming the treat.

He nodded in understanding, wearing a gentle expression. "Are you tired?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:29 pm
Tired? Well... now that he mentioned it, she supposed that she was, opening her hands she stared down at them. "I think so... It always happens so fast,"
Still, the Jirachi heavily pushed herself to her stubby feet, her face still covered in crumbs and looking warn out "I can't be tired, I found the League, She said they would be north, so I traveled all this way to find you."
It certainly seemed like it was the utmost importance to the Legendary, but as it would have it the Jirachi wasn't standing tall for a few seconds before her head started to droop again, eyelids looked like they were growing very heavy.
"I need.... To...."

a soft plop back into a sitting position, rubbing her eyes and again the muffled thud as her heavy head fell backward into the grass, breathing lightly as it seemed like sleep would force its way on her if she liked it or not.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:49 pm
It wasn't without some concern that Luke watched the the drowsy-looking pokemon, wondering how far it had come to be so intensely exhausted. He extended a hand reflexively as the little thing fell backwards, unable to catch it but glad to see that the sudden collapse apparently wasn't due to some kind of injury. He leaned back on his heels, watching the creature's slumber as he tried to evaluate what was best to do. Eventually he pulled his pokegear from its place, took a photo of the mysterious pokemon, and sent it to Alder with an attached message: I don't know what pokemon this is, but it can talk somehow and keeps saying it needs to find the League  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff