Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:56 pm
There was an overpowering hesitation to his demeanor, as if conveying the information would resign to it, and as he drew breath to speak, he was interrupted by a soft knock at the door. Startled, and with a brief wince in protest, he abandoned his thoughts, "Yes."

The door came open quietly, a small woman, her arms laden with a bouquet of flowers, standing in the frame. Her eyes immediately fell to Rosie, "Ah, I'm sorry, are we interrupting?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:04 pm
Rosie could have sworn her heart stopped beating for a few seconds in well contained panic. Not willing to express it outwardly other than a pause, opening her mouth to ask him what was wrong- When the door opened. Rosie looked around and to her surprise saw the League representative step in.

"Oh! N-no, Ma'am... Miss Ra- Petra... Petra." She blushed, by the staggering of her words.
Technically... she probably was interrupting, but Rosie certainly couldn't see it that way. Even if she was left with a lingering concern as to what Luke was saying was wrong...

"Raiii" Kiss Kiss perked up hopping off of Rosie's lap and perking up on her hind legs as the girl stood.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:10 pm
Petra waved a hand dismissively as Rosie stood, "Oh, you don't have to mind us." She stepped aside, pushing the door open further for Alder to enter behind her. "We're just here to make a delivery."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:18 pm
Once Petra stepped inside, Alder followed after with a case in one hand, offering the smaller woman a brief but knowing glance before focusing a softer expression on Luke and Rosie. "Two deliveries, actually, since you're both here," he said, raising his case onto one arm and opening it. After a quick, successful search, he withdrew two small boxes from within the much larger case which he thereafter closed, then moved to offer one box to Rosie, and one to Luke before stepping back beside Petra. Both would find their full name on a small tag atop the container, the contents of which was an ornate golden medal with a unique engraving, and a length of red ribbon attached to the top. "A small memento from the Pokemon League, to thank you both for volunteering yesterday. We are all very grateful for your help against Team Rocket."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:38 pm
Rosie had assumed they were bringing flowers for Luke, so when they said they would be bringing two deliveries, the blond trainer was taken a little by surprise.
It was good to see Petra and Alder again anyway, she had a great deal of respect for the two, especially after the experience they had gone through yesterday.
Rosie hesitated when she was handed the small box, glancing up at the two as Kiss Kiss, full of curiosity hopped up to drape over Rosie's shoulder, her tail flicking back and forth as she nudged her cheek against Rosie for her trainer to open it.

As she did, lifting up the lid, she fell still, staring at the medal, reading over what it said several times, pressing a hand to her chest, she looked close to tear when she looked back up at them.
Not just from the kind gesture, but from what this meant till this point. Everything they had gone through, till this point, and everything they would continue to fight for.
Wracked with fear for Luke, what was wrong with him, and why, what would that even mean for him?

"Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help Kodo." she told them "This is beautiful."

Kiss Kiss certainly agreed, perking up on Rosie's shoulder excitedly.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:43 pm
Curious, Luke lifted the lid to the little box, blinking in surprise at the contents as he interpreted Alder's words. Heroism…? It all felt terribly surreal, and were it not for his present circumstances, Luke might have been able to believe that the previous day had never happened at all.

Petra, depositing the bouquet on the bedside table - the pink rose didn't go unnoticed, and she ensured it was left closer to the bed's occupant - turned to the younger pair and bowed deeply at her waist, "I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize. I did not expect that Team Rocket would use explosives in such close proximity to their own agents, and because of my unpreparedness, you both had to endure such a horrible experience. I cannot express enough how much I regret this incident."

Luke shook his head, mildly stunned and unsure what he was feeling besides not needing an apology, "No, it's like Rosie said… We're just glad to have been able to do something."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:31 am
Alder watched as they both opened the small cases in which their medals resided, a quiet smile on his face that swelled with some emotion when Rosie looked as though she might cry at any moment. "I'm very happy you think so," he replied to Rosie's words, though when Petra bowed, he attempted to match it with his own as his colleague spoke, adding, "I deeply regret and apologize for the injuries you both received in direct consequence of the explosions we weren't prepare for."

When Luke dismissed Petra's words, the champion rose, feeling a desire to fold his hands behind his back but the case currently in his grip prevented him from doing so. "You were both - you and everyone else who volunteered - able to accomplish something truly great yesterday, and you should both feel very proud -- both of you, and the rest of your team, especially. Out of every team dispatched yesterday, yours had the highest number of arrests, as well as had the highest ranking Rocket arrested."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:49 am
She nodded in agreement when Luke backed up her words, surprised by the apologizes that they gave.
But her eyes grew wide when she heard that their team had actually done so well. She could only hope that this would continue to benefit the League, and Kodo.
"Did we really? That's... amazing." she spoke in awe
Kiss let out a pleased squeak as Rosie reached up to scratch her ear, holding a fist up and sparking her cheeks as if to say "Heck yes!" Then dropped the tough-chu demeanor to nuzzle a heart shaped cheek into Rosie's cheek.

"And, Please, neither of you need to apologize, We knew the danger we would be facing when we volunteered, it wouldn't be the first time we've had to put ourselves in front of the Rockets.... We knew what we were risking."
It what they had to live with for years.
She turned to glance over at Luke, shifting her weight to turn her stance to the side.
She wished that the risk had not been so heavy.
She looked back to the Champion and special ops with a gentle smile "It really was an honor to battle along side you."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 am
Petra straightened her posture as the pair dismissed their apology, her hands folded at her waist. "A lot of good came out of what happened yesterday," she reiterated. "It may not have been the first time you faced Team Rocket, but hopefully we can make it the last." Through an almost stubborn resolve in her features, a smile spread. "It was an honor for me as well; you all fought valiantly. I would love to have the opportunity to battle beside you again - though I hope the need never arises."

Quietly, Luke shut the box, watching the medal glint as it vanished from sight. He'd never fought to be called a hero or to achieve any kind of honor or recognition. He'd only fought to defend the region and its inhabitants, and now that he could say he had accomplished that… Or maybe he hadn't. Maybe their efforts would only delay the threat.

Although they had said it was no interruption, Petra had her suspicions otherwise; their business was finished anyway, and so she made motions in preparation to leave. "Well, that's all we had to say - and, of course, to wish you a quick recovery, sir. If either of you need to get in touch with me for any reason," she lay a pair of contact cards on the table, "please feel free to call."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:25 pm
The redheaded champion simply nodded in agreement with Petra's words - all he could really think to say would just be repeating exactly what she'd said, so he refrained from speaking. That is, until they were on their way out, to which he added, "I hope you recover quickly, Luke," despite it being a reiteration of his colleague's words. That said, he too made motions to leave as well, stepping out into the hall before Petra to make room for her to exit after him, since he was kind of blocking the door anyway.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:14 pm
Rosie lifted a hand as the two League officials took their leave, bidding them a polite farewell until the door was closed behind them.
Glancing down, and closing the lid to her own box.
This left the two in silence for a while, Rosie not sure what to say, certainly not forgetting that Luke had been implying that there was something wrong with him, something that had been on her mind as they wished Luke a speedy recovery. He had not said what though.

After a pause Rosie admitted what was going through her mind "I don't know what to say."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:43 pm
Luke responded with a pause of his own, running a thumb over the edge of the box in silent thought. Eventually he raised his voice, though only slightly, to speak, "Would you sit here, beside me?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:13 pm
He spoke after a moment of silence, the request lifted her gaze a little, but she responded with a soft nod "okay."
walking over, Kiss Kiss hopped off of her trainer's shoulders, onto the seat she had been sitting at before, while Rosie herself, smoothed the back of her dress, and took a seat at the edge of the bed next to Luke.
Placing the box on her lap she folded her hands over it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm
With careful movements and a demeanor of exhaustion, he moved his hands to his sides and maneuvered to lean against Rosie. Silent save for his breathing, he closed his eyes as if in rest. Eventually, he produced something to say, "Can a complain a bit?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:29 pm
She left her breath in her lungs for a few seconds when he moved closer to her, enough so that he was then leaning against her. She didn't move, letting him just do what he felt was comfortable, since it was quite obvious he was in a lot of pain.
Her hands closed tighter on the box, tilting her head to look at him.
he asked permission to complain, she felt that he certainly didn't need to, not with the situation he was in. but she replied with a nod and a gentle "yes."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff