Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:26 pm
Pale green eyes found the space where her hand should've been once again, a frown present on her face once more as she attempted to speak to reiterate. Her mouth moved to do so, but no words came out for a few seconds until she raised her head again to look at Rosie. "Why can't he feel his legs...?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:32 pm
The blond followed the brunette's gaze, finding the arm that was now missing a hand. She didn't stare for too long before she trailed her eyes back up at Sera, sniffing and brushing her eyes again.
"I don't really know... I didn't ask, but... he got hit in the back, it probably damaged his spinal cord..." the tears just renewed as she talked about it shaking her head and letting her hair fall into her face "I don't know though, I can only guess."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:19 pm
She didn't catch Rosie looking at her arm, but even if she had, it was Rosie - she wouldn't have minded. Her frown remained as she tried to puzzle things out, though what her friend said did make sense, as much as she wanted to deny it - and oh how she wanted to deny it. All things considered, Rosie likely wanted to deny it as well, but Sera had no idea if she'd even tried to or not. The blonde was very mature, though, and Seraphine could only assume she didn't do anything as pitifully naive as fervently deny something that was so plainly true. "Well... I guess that makes sense," she finally relented, staring down at her hand again. As far as she knew, from what she saw the day before, his legs seemed to be uninjured, but his back had very obviously been severely injured. She didn't know much about the human body, but she at least knew that spinal injuries were very bad.

Morbid curiosity gnawed at her, and though it was plain to see her previous question had caused Rosie more grief, she really wanted to know at least one more thing. Really, really wanted to know at least one more thing. "Did he... Is it going to be permanent..?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:44 pm
Was it permanent? She wasn't sure how she wanted to answer that, she of course didn't know, and she wanted to believe that there was a chance that it wasn't, but the way Luke spoke, it didn't sound like it would? At least it wasn't brought up... not completely anyway.
"I don't know." She replied "He said that the doctors are telling him to prepare for it to be permanent..." she balled her hands tightly into fists at her knees, bowing forward into her friend's lap with a whimper.
"Why is this happening?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:06 am
A brief nod was Sera's only response to her friends words, as her expression remained downcast and her mood slowly darkened. This was absolutely awful; poor Luke..

And suddenly there was a Rosie in her lap.

The brunette blinked a bit, pulled from her thoughts when she realized her friend had leaned over, and without hesitation she draped her good arm across Rosie's shoulder and arm. "He'll be okay," she hazarded, though honestly she wasn't entirely sure how his legs would be, or if it would be permanent or not, but... But he would be okay. He had to be okay. He had to. ...he would, wouldn't he? He would. The thought, for whatever reason, seemed to give her some solace, even serving to brighten her expression a tiny bit. It was still rather depressed, all things considered, but there was some hope in it, as well as in her voice as she reiterated in more resolute tones, "He'll be okay."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:46 pm
Rosie nodded, showing that she agreed with Sera's words, though there was a long pause in which Rosie just knelt there, with her forehead pressed to Seraphine's knee.
"I know."
The soft muffled voice spoke, from under her blond hair. "I know he will, He's alive, I just..." She pushed herself up to support herself up on her hands "He's had to deal with so much, and not this, something like losing his legs because he was trying to keep me safe."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:18 pm
The brunette nodded, even if Rosie couldn't see it due to her position and posture, but something about that made her frown a bit as she looked down at where her left hand used to be. "Well," she started with a slow exhale, her brows furrowed, "that's at least a better reason, and something easier to accept, than just having it happen randomly because of someone else's mistake. At least it happened because of something he chose to do, and wanted to do." And it didn't happen because of a car accident he happened to be in because he'd been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and had his life permanently changed simply because of someone else's mistake.

As if realizing she was being a little too specific, she raised her gaze to Rosie and added softly, "At least, that's how I'd feel about it. Something like that would've made me feel better about my accident than I have been this whole time." Obviously it still would've sucked, but it might've sucked less because it would've happened while doing something important. Riding in the car and minding her own business while some drunkard rammed into them didn't count.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:23 pm
At Seraphine's words Rosie was felt mostly speechless, unsure of how to really respond to something like that, only able to bow her head.
"What you've had to go through was terrible, both of you have suffered and lost so much, I wish there was more I could do to help."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:45 pm
Rosie's speechlessness left her similarly speechless, unable to really think of how to respond or what to say or anything. Her mouth opened and closed a couple times before she could even think of a single thing. "Um," she started uncertainly, frowning, "well, you just... You're a good friend? You don't.. really have to do anything besides that, I guess," she finished with a shrug, then shrugged again, more emphatically, as her tones increased a little in a vague attempt to cover her uncertainty and slight embarrassment, "I dunno, you just.. don't need to do anything? I don't know, s**t's weird." And she sucked at this emotional crap.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:57 pm
She had to wonder sometimes just what good that was, "I still just can't do anything. I wish I could, just, know what to do to help, know what to say and how to act." She looked up at Sera with a regretful expression "I wish i knew how to help better, but I'm not so sure I'm good at this either, especially with Luke. I just can't... even think."
she reached out to take Sera's hand "Its weird, and I feel so helpless and useless about it, and it just makes everything worse that I'm actually trying so hard, and I just can't... do anything about anything."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:05 pm
It was... honestly extremely strange for Seraphine to be hearing Rosie speak like this - the same Rosie who made helping others seem so easy and effortless. She'd always seemed to know what to say, what to do, everything. Yet here she was, admitting exactly the opposite. It was almost comical - so much so it drew an amused, sad smile to her face. "That's funny. That's exactly how I feel all the time. You always seem to know exactly what to do or say to people, but I never know." The thought brought to mind just how many times she'd thought to herself, 'what would Rosie do?' when dealing with someone else.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:15 pm
When Seraphine admitted that, Rosie looked a little surprised, her large blue eyes searching the Brunette's face before she spoke "I I wouldn't say that... I try but how... things just feel like they're getting worse..."

Maybe it was just the mood she was in now, feeling like everything was out of her control, confused, lost and sad.
She didn't know Sera thought that way, and it surprised her, but at the moment she couldn't really think of why her friend felt that way.
"You don't need to say things to people Sera, thats never been your strength, its just the things you do. You're much kinder then you're giving yourself credit for. and really... sometimes saying anything at all is just a way to sill silence, it doesn't feel like anything more."

She thought of Luke, of the thigns she wanted to tell him, but knew would just complicate and hurt so much more then she was willing to risk
"Sometimes not saying anything is for the better."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:31 am
How? Well, she didn't exactly know how, she just knew, so Rosie would receive a simple shrug in reply. "I dunno, you just do. You always seem to know what to say or do. You've always been really good at helping people with emotional stuff." She, on the other hand, had never been good with that, even though she'd been trying for the last year or so to be more helpful, she felt as if she hadn't gotten any better. Not even a little.

"Well, I'm good at saying some things," Sera quickly countered with a slight huff - though not much, given that she realized she was only good at saying negative things. Being upset at others and talking down to them came easy to her, but being supportive? That didn't, not even a little bit. The thought that sometimes silence was better than talking was something she'd given at least a little thought to, and brought back vague memories of sitting somewhere and crying, but taking some solace in the presence of another person, even if they weren't saying anything. "Sometimes it's good to just have someone there, even if they're not talking," she affirmed, "but sometimes talking is better. I dunno, I guess it just depends." Not that she had the slightest idea of what it would depend on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:38 pm
Through another weak sob, a laugh was formed, a hand moving to try and dry tears from her cheeks. "I know you are, I'm sorry Sera I didn't mean it like that."
The blond took a long wavering breath, as if trying to shake the emotional exhaustion that had built up and been released with her crying.
"You're right too, I just get so worried sometimes, I let everything just get so over complicated."

She looked up at Sera, her cheeks red and her eyes still puffy from crying, though she smiled a little sheepishly "I really am sorry, I didn't mean to start up like that. It's just..."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:12 pm
Sera merely nodded at Rosie's words, waiting for her to talk through it and calm herself a little more. Part of her couldn't help but feel guilty; Rosie couldn't stop crying because of their best friend's injuries, she herself hadn't even started, nor did she think she would. While it upset her greatly and bothered her, for some reason she still felt... Sort of confused - like she knew that it was happening, but perhaps it or its consequences hadn't hit her quite yet.

Regardless, the brunette reached over to nudge Rosie's shoulder, "Well you gotta stop that," she said in more positive, teasing tones, "or else everybody's gonna think you're some sissy pushover, which you're not."

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff