Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:07 pm
A nod. "Yeah, I would believe it." Everything he'd been told was so vague and uncertain. "It's kind of frustrating, to be honest. There's so much 'maybe this time, maybe this time,' and I feel like it would be so much easier to look forward if they would stop forcing all this false hope on me."

He wasn't sure how he felt about the sorrow in Dith's expression; seeing it so plainly in someone else encouraged it in himself, and he very much wanted to deny feelings such as those. There was no reason for sorrow nor for regret nor for anger, because he had willingly paid his price. He gave another nod, a slight one, "They have a lot of Rockets arrested now, because of what we did. I'm sure something will come of it." And then, perhaps, he wouldn't have to regret being unable to return to the battlefield, for the battlefield would no longer exist.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:33 am
"Mmh," Dith nodded, "not knowing is never easy. You can't really start dealing with the situation until you know for sure what it is, da?" But would the removal of all hope really be better? He tried to put himself in Luke's situation but failed utterly. He was an active person himself - very - and the idea that he might suddenly not be able to go running, help people heft furniture up and down stairs, and hundreds of other things he thought nothing of was... he just couldn't get his head around it.

"There's no doubt we make a difference though," Dith went on, trying to find something positive to focus on. "We were the only team to bring in an elite too. Mmh, and with their base gone they must be scattered now I suppose and they won't have the same resources anymore."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:26 pm
A nod in agreement, but the truth of the matter was that it was outside of his control. If the doctors wanted to continue to encourage treatment after pointless treatment, he would go along with it. From their perspective, they were trying everything so that he could maintain his quality of life. He probably should have been more grateful than he felt.

"Yeah," Luke replied, though his enthusiasm was halfhearted, "it definitely had an effect, but I wonder if it'll be enough to put a stop to this stupid war. It almost seems too easy - though I guess it wasn't really easy at all." He couldn't imagine a single strike ending all of their problems with the organization, but it was a rather significant strikeā€¦  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:03 am
Why did bad things have to happen to good people? Luke hadn't deserved this, none of them had. That was what you got when you stood up for things though, you risked getting knocked down. Knowing that there were risks - and they had known perfectly well that there were - was not the same as living with the consequences of risk becoming reality.

"Perhaps it can be a tipping point," Dith suggested, leaning back in his chair again with a small sigh. "Maybe the league can handle it from here without volunteers. Oh, and the police." The latter was said with Dith's usual lack of enthusiasm for officers of the law; he didn't believe in the ability of Kodo's force to take on Team Rocket and believed less still in their common decency.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:18 pm
He nodded faintly, "Hopefully. It would definitely be nice to not have to worry about fighting anymore." Luke's own voice lacked great enthusiasm as well; the words felt far too idealistic. Fighting had long since become their everyday. He found it difficult to imagine that the possibility of living apart from calls to action and watching one's back existed.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff