Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:14 am
For a few minutes, the girl just sat in a stunned silence, watching as the boy in front of her cracked little by little, and finally closed his argument with an apology, thinking all the while he doesn't deserve this. There was little she could say, none that she was sure of at all, and when they fell into quietness, she simply shook her head, tears burning the corners of her eyes.

She had been worried. The stress of her future had driven her all but crazy these past few days, and tear after tear had been shed until she had exhausted herself in some cases, but hearing something like this, so plainly, and for the reasons he cited... Her loss of career was nothing compared to his loss of independent motion, and as the news weighed down on her, the harsh slap of self reprimand stung in her chest. How could she still be so selfish?

Watching him a moment more, shook her head again, then looked down to her lap. "I'm sorry, Luke..." she offered almost silently, realizing as the words slipped from her lips that it was a sentiment he was probably tired of hearing and needed the least. Another quiet moment, she lifted her eyes to him once more, her body shivery. "I'm not Rosie... But I know there's no one on earth that could blame you for not wanting this... especially not someone who loves you so much."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:35 pm
He frowned just slightly, a certain gravity present in his features as his gaze fell aside. "I don't want to jump to conclusions like that," he said, "especially not now." No matter how anyone said he was neither a burden nor an inconvenience, the fact remained that he couldn't even stand - and, for the time being, could barely raise his arms. He wasn't so selfish as to force a confession of his feelings on her in addition to the responsibility for the limitations on his mobility. "I wouldn't mind if she wanted to blame me," he continued, "but if I know her, that's not what she would do. She'd blame herself, because I got hurt trying to protect her. But that's not right, you know?" The frown increased, more confused than disapproving as he tried to find the words to substantiate his explanation. "I don't know exactly how, but it's not right."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:02 pm
Had she possessed the strength to hug her arms around her middle, and had not the wound on her side been so severe and painful, she would have curled into a ball, as she listened to him speak. She understood exactly what he meant, about not wanting to betray his feelings in such a vulnerable state. His reasoning was sincere, and as far as she knew, absolutely correct: Rosie would, indeed, blame herself. Even she, who didn't have even a shred of the friendship with Luke that Rosie held, would have held it against herself, even with the full awareness that it was no ones fault.

She nodded slightly, cringing a little at the pain throughout her neck and shoulders. "I understand..." she said softly, still shivering the slightest bit. A few moments of silence, before an almost too soft, too quiet, "You do realize you saved her, though, right...?" If anything, that had to have been worth it, as unfair as it was. Had he not... "Because of your actions, you saved a life. And she'll be there for you, through all of this... I know she will." A weak attempt at a smile. "The rest of us will be too, as soon as I can stay awake for longer than an hour..."

But they wouldn't need to be. They would find a way to fix this. There was no way Luke would be rendered immobile.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:52 pm
As much as he searched his thoughts, he couldn't find a reasonable reply that he was willing to put to his voice. Of course he was glad that Rosie was safe, and if it was his actions that led to that then he would happily repeat them if given the chance, but it felt misleading to narrow down the scope of the situation to just that much. That saved life was now bound to guilt and a sense of responsibility to someone who had already taken so much from her. The fact that he knew she would readily give anything within her power to assist him only amplified his conscientiousness.

He forced a smile in reply to hers, leaving her initial words without a verbal response, "Sorry for bringing all this up at a time like this. I guess I should probably let you get some rest."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out