Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:35 pm
"And its a pokemon friendly house, of course~ so feel free to let any of your pokemon out if you want. We have a small aria around the outside of the house too for them if they want to be outside. I've got Pastin, Celestia and Grealhorn out there now."

Leading the way again she made her way through the living room and to the right where a hell lead to a bathroom on the left, and a room on the right.
"Its a little boring right now, I'm sorry." She admitted, stepping into the bedroom that was currently only occupied by a made bed and a bedside table.
"I was going to ask you about your stuff, if you need anything picked up we can go get it. or stop at the store if you need anything."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:48 pm
Again he had managed to fall into the position where his pokemon were unaware of his circumstances and he was reluctant to explain. Mieu, of course, would stay by his side through anything, but would the battle-loving Tartarus accept a trainer who couldn't train with him? Would Tenebrae, having already once been freed from a trainer who didn't appreciate his potential, tolerate a trainer incapable of furthering his progress? Would the Rem who had become accustomed to frequent runs on the beach and in the mountains remain with a trainer who couldn't easily travel to such locations? Or, moreover, did he have any right to expect them to? Was it even feasible for him to continue to care for his pokemon in the way they wanted?

The lingering prompt drew Luke from his worries, leaving him in search of an answer. "Uh," he floundered for a proper response, "there's nothing that's not replaceable, I guess. There are some things in the fridge that should probably be thrown out sooner rather than later, but I can… probably take care of that." He probably actually couldn't, the more he considered, but that wasn't a correction he wanted to voice. "There are some books there that I wouldn't mind having, but it can wait."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:17 pm
"Are you still paying for the apartment? If you are then we'll need to pick up whatever mail they drop off,"
Rodney inquired from behind Luke.

"Mm-" Rosie nodded "Whatever books you like, Just make a list of what you want, and one of us will go get it."

Rodney leaned forward a little "Are you studying something?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:35 pm
"Yeah," he answered, accompanied by a short nod. He hadn't even considered it, but maybe it would be better to cancel the lease, especially if it was just creating another chore.

He nodded again at Rosie's suggestion, thinking through the various titles he'd left stacked beside his bed. He made a vaguely affirmative sound in response to Rodney's inquiry, substantiating the response, "Some things about governing."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:59 pm
Rosie sat down at the end of the bed, crossing her ankles, hands on either side of her as she tried to consider anything else to go over.
"I can always call you." She admitted

At the mention that he was what Luke was reading up on Rodney arched his eyebrows "Governing huh? That's a fascinating topic." He said with interest. "I was kinda of suspecting maybe pokemon books like Rosie has-" Rosie blushed a little and grinned, though looked back at Luke, surprised to hear he was reading up on governing as well, she had not known that.
"Though now that I recall you're background, you have family in government don't you?" the older man finished.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:10 pm
"I don't know about fascinating," he countered, his expression mildly wry. "It's… difficult, and kind of boring. But yeah, my father is the head of foreign policy, so since government is passed down through bloodlines instead of election, I should try to be ready to be involved with it someday." A politician's place wasn't on the front lines, after all - the memory of the words was sour in his thoughts.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:35 pm
"Mmm, a good portion of it can be. But its good to know, especially since so much of history is just rich with historical government." The blond man admitted "Its the root of most events."

"Bloodlines, I see. So you're going to be inheriting the family business then."

Rosie tilted her head, watching Luke and her cousin talk. She didn't really put much thought into what Luke's future with the line of his family, she supposed she always understood that the duties of the Fon fabre house were important, just... and while to an extent to knew, somehow it just never really occurred to her much that he would be the one the carry on his father's job.
She had to wonder if that's what he really wanted.

"Next time you're studying you should let me know, I have some resources that might be helpful." Rodney finished "Plus I could use a study partner, maybe we can help keep each other awake or something."

Rosie smiled. "For now though Luke, just take things easy, and take as much time as you like getting settled in."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:14 am
A knock on the door interrupted the conversations going on in the guest room, the noise followed shortly by the soft creak of a door opening and a very uncertain, "Hello? Rosie, are you home?" The voice would be quite familiar, as Sera peeked her head in through the door, glancing doubtfully around the front entrance in case she actually wasn't supposed to just walk in - even though Rosie had impressed upon her that she could do just that. It still felt weird just walking right in.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:33 pm
"Oh-" Leaning to the side to peer out toward the door of the bedroom.
"Sera, we're in the other room." she called, then looked over at Luke. "She wanted to come to the hospital to come get you, but she had something to do."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:47 pm
Luke gave a faint nod in response; in the end, what choice did he have but to take over the family name? Even without the obligation to his father and to Asch, he had no real talents or skills that he could pursue, especially not now. It wasn't an idea that he hated, but he didn't particularly like the feeling that he didn't have a choice. He nodded once more, more visibly, in response to both Rodney and Rosie. That all was still in the distant future, and he still had the present to face.

He looked - as much as was comfortable - in the direction of the familiar voice, then to Rosie as she explained. The thought made him nervous, though he wasn't sure why; Seraphine was already aware of the circumstances, after all. It felt as though everything made him nervous to some degree, leaving him unable to shake free of the nagging anxiety.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:25 pm
At her friend's response, Sera fully moved inside and shut the door behind her, allowing Anastasia in before she did so. Neither felt any of the same hesitance or nervousness as Luke as the pair walked inside, the Umbreon pausing in the doorway to the bedroom before Sera did, the latter raising her hand in a wave of greeting. "Hey guys," she offered to the trio, her pale eyes shifting between each in turn before coming to rest on Luke. "Are you glad to be out of the hospital finally?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:37 pm
Luke held eye contact only briefly, renewing his smile as much as he was able. "Pretty much," he answered noncommittally.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:04 pm
His response wasn't exactly positive, but given his situation, she couldn't exactly expect much more than that. She responded with a small nod before glancing around the room - it wasn't pink or had anything of Rosie's in it, nor did it have nerdy things in it, so the only conclusion she could come to was that it was to be Luke's room for now. "Nice room," she commented, moving her focus back to the two cousins and their indefinite house guest. "Did you need any help with your stuff? Or.." Wait, he came from the hospital - did they stop at his apartment first? Maybe they didn't, maybe they had to go get his stuff still, because he probably hadn't had all of his stuff at the hospital with him. That probably wouldn't have been allowed, anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:26 pm
"We haven't gotten any of it yet." Rosie told Seraphine, leaning forward to push herself back onto her feet, "If you want to help, Rodney or I were going to offer to go later today."
She hoped having familiar things might help a little with making him feel more comfortable in such a strange home.
She turn her attention to Luke, "If you don't mind," She added, it was still his home after all, she wasn't about to just go over. This was his choice.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:29 pm
He shook his head to dismiss any notions of reluctance, "No, that's fine." It wasn't as though he'd be able to do it himself, after all. He folded his hands idly, speaking in a quiet tone, "I'd appreciate it."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff