[FIN] Dangerously Polite Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:12 pm
Andre stared at Akira for a moment before smiling slightly, "'Mauvais sang'....the English translation would be something like 'bad blood'." He explained, shifting a bit in his seat. "I hope there is no bad blood between us." Sighing softly, he firmly kneaded his thighs to try to relax the muscles. He would need to take something for this when he got back to the hotel, depending on if Vincent was there or not. He couldn't help but laugh lightly as he looked back up at the brunette, "Not many people think that way. The world is full of selfish, greedy people." He said lightly, as if he were amused by the thought. Well...he was. He would technically be considered one of those people...probably worse, actually.

The older man came back from his thoughts to give the other a coy smile, "Oh, I hadn't thought I had charmed you that well~" He purred before snickering quietly. "Hmm...I am in what would be considered a partnership." He said thoughtfully as he tucked a stray strand of hair behind his ear. "We've never really put a label on it but we've been together for almost 9 years so I suppose that counts for something." Pursing his lips, he stared off deep in thoughts for a few silent moments before smiling. "But you nothing to fear, Vincent is not the possessive type." Andre was definitely possessive enough for the both of them.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:30 pm
"Oh! Oh, right, sorry. No, I don't see any reason for that," he answered with a gentle smile. That smile faltered when he noticed Andre kneading his thighs. He must have been in a great deal of pain, yet he had still come to Akira's aid and was still trying to laugh. Typical high-society mask-wearing behavior...but it wasn't as if he'd had anything to gain out of being kind to Akira. Not like his schoolmates usually had when being nice to him. This was different.

And it was ironic, really, what Andre chose to say next. "That's true enough," he agreed. It was why he'd left the world he'd come from, after all, hoping to find something better and more genuine among the less wealthy. The common folk. "And...I hope you'll forgive my forthright assumption, but despite your apparent aristocratic background, I'm surprised to find that you don't seem that way at all. Not like the stereotypical wealthy noble, though you exhibit the manners and polite demeanor of one." Not to mention appearance, but he didn't want to give the impression he was flirting back. To encourage that kind of behavior would only have been inviting more disaster.

"...Eh?" 'Charmed him that well?' What did that...? Surely Andre was just teasing some more; that was not the reason he had asked and he had stated such. Frowning slightly, Akira's complexion grew ruddy yet again. "I see. Yes, I'd say that more than counts for something," he concurred. "To be truthful, I'm not asking out of fear so much as I am out of concern and respect for this partner of yours."

Not put a label on it, huh? Sounded like a lack of commitment to Akira. "If I were this Vincent, possessive or not, I know I'd certainly be hurt if I knew my partner was going around flirting with random strangers. Especially if you've been together nine years. Tell me, Mister Andre, who is the more devoted in your relationship? You, or your 'partner'?" He didn't mean to get all riled up, but it was all starting to sound hauntingly familiar and his stomach was getting twisted in knots. To feel betrayed by someone you loved and thought loved you the same amount back...well. That was a road he'd been down before.  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:52 pm
"Hm, that could be because I wasn't born into money." He said with an elegant shrug. "My...parents, were rather low on funds when I was younger. We didn't start living comfortably until I was ten." He didn't bother to bring up that his grandparents were loaded; at the time they hadn't factored into his life and so technically he wasn't lying. Oh...he didn't come across as selfish and greedy? Well then, he must be a better actor than he thought. "I've always been taught to treat others as I would like to be treated. I would hardly want someone to be rude to me." He said blithely with a faint laugh, and when he caught sight of Akira's blush he laughed a bit harder. "I was just joking. I highly doubt that I've charmed you." Not that that wouldn't have been equally as fun. "Vincent's very flirty himself, I wouldn't-"

The pleasant smile slipped from his face only to be replaced by a carefully blank expression.

"Oh, I see." Narrowed, pale eyes flickered over Akira's face. "Did someone break your heart?" He asked, tone vaguely mocking. "Did someone string you along, use you, took what they wanted from you and then leave you at the curb like last week's trash?" He pulled himself to his feet, ignoring the twinge of pain, so he could glower down at the brunette. "Boyfriend is too juvenile, significant other is too impersonal. We've been together longer than some people can say they've been married. We are partners, both in business and in life. If you were Vincent you would not question my devotion." He could feel his hands shaking in barely contained fury. How dare this child question his relationship with his Vincent. Vincent was HIS. In every way, shape, and form. And while he couldn't give Vincent everything (GuiltShameRegretTakeDestroyMine!) he gave what he could and Vincent accepted it. Accepted the terms of their arrangement, accepted him for what he truly was. "You know nothing about me, him, or our relationship." He hissed, bringing his face just a bit closer to the other's. Though suddenly...a bright, cheerful smile lit up his face. "So I kindly ask that you not assume things about it."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:30 pm
"Mm...I've known people who weren't born into money either and acquired it later. From what I can tell, that only gives more incentive to be greedy and ambitious in order to hang on to that lifestyle once you obtain it because you never want to go back to poverty." Akira's first love had had a past very similar to Andre's, having been supposedly raised a commoner and having acquired money later on in life. He, like Andre, had had wealthy grandparents, however, and his had raised him to be manipulative to get ahead. Not that Akira had learned that until much, much later, but it had made him very wary of cleverly deceptive people since.

If he just took everything at face value, though, maybe he could avoid getting all emotionally distraught about this. This man was likely just flustering him for the same reason as Sera and meant no harm by it. He needed to stop looking so much into things.

...Or not. Had he just stepped on a land mine?

"I...wh-what makes you ask that?" the young man asked, suddenly finding it very difficult to breathe. There was that feeling of being prey again, but this time it was accompanied with the very real fear of immediate danger. What had his big mouth just said without him thinking? He was finding it hard to recall despite it having just been a few seconds ago. Slowly, he found himself backing away from the purple-haired man of his body's own volition. Andre's shaking hands did not go unnoticed and he guessed it wasn't from the cold.

"F-forgive me, sir," he said, dropping his gaze to the ground. "It seems I...far overstepped the bounds of my place. I wouldn't know much about love." He absently fiddled with the gold band around his finger, his brown eyes unfocused. "I hope you can find it in your heart to pardon my grave mistake. Clearly you are a man of deep passion; you two are very lucky to have one another." Though he did his best to choose his words with care, his voice trembled slightly and almost threatened to break. "No 'mauvais sang' between us, I hope."

With a quick flick of his gaze back up at Andre, his face still flushed, Akira smiled painfully and attempted to head back to the table to set down a tip for the waiter. It seemed about time he took his leave. Far beyond 'about time', actually.  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:27 am
There was something to be said about the incredibly satisfying feeling of striking fear into the hearts of other people. It was rather addicting. Andre watched, with a smug sense of pride, as the shorter male drew back in obvious fear. "You should be more careful of what you say and how you say it, Akira." He said softly, peering intently into the young man's eyes before his own slid shut and he gave a friendly smile. "I hope I didn't frighten you too badly." Note the lack of an apology. Cocking his head slightly, the purple haired man stood straight and adjusted his vest before swiftly drawing his wallet from his back pocket. He silently reveled in Akira's trembling voice as he slipped his tip under his empty cup.

"Oh no, of course not." He hummed lightly, tilting his head in the other's direction. "Such a polite young man, I doubt you meant any offense." His smile widened ever so slightly at the flush that seemed to be a permanent fixture on the boy's face but he chose not to bring attention to it. "It was an absolute pleasure meeting you, I do hope we bump into each other again." He bowed his head before turning to leave, though he only made it a few steps before he came to a stop. "Oh and Akira..." He glanced over his shoulder a slender eyebrow raised. "Be sure to put something cold over where you spilled your tea, wouldn't want it to start swelling now would we?" With that parting advice, he started off down the street towards the hotel. A certain blonde was due some attention.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:42 am
"Yes, well I guess I was never much good at that," he said curtly without looking up as he quickly retrieved some cash from his wallet. "Even when my social skills were at their best." The mention of him being frightened gave him pause. "No..." he answered softly, barely audible, as if not sure he wanted the other to hear. "There's a difference between fear and pain." Not that he hadn't been scared, of course...but like Andre's hands hadn't shaken from cold, Akira's voice hadn't trembled from fear. The purple-haired man's words had stuck much deeper than that whether he knew it or not.

After placing his money down under his own cup, the brunet turned to stare at the older man. He was already acting like nothing had happened. Akira's own lips pursed into a thin, firm line as he did his best to conceal his growing frustration. More people wearing stupid masks...this was what he had come to Kodo to avoid. He made a mental note to avoid Grande Ile at all costs as well if the majority of people there were of the same mind and culture as the society he'd left. Despite the few exceptions like Yuri and Nicolette, he wasn't sure he could take it. Not after the world he'd just escaped.

The nerve of that man... If they ever met again, Akira knew it wouldn't be his own wish that brought them together, that was for sure. It took all the young man's self control and discipline not to take his bagel and plate and hurl them as one at Andre's retreating form after he'd made his final statement.  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas