Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:42 pm
She raised a brow at his offhanded comment, but paused, a bit shocked and disheartened at the information. She hadn't realized it was that short lived. "So why do you take it if it won't last more than three days? Wouldn't it do, then, to take it straight from the shelves to a shelter or something to be used that night?" And really, what could he possibly do what that much bread? He did, however, have a point, and she definitely didn't want to hurt those she was trying to help... especially not if she was going out of town so soon.

The disgruntled look was looked upon with some interest, until he spoke again and the reference was noted. Interesting. "I was wondering if I could find any sort of flour that would keep... other ingredients and things." But hey, if it wouldn't last, she was clearly in the wrong place... "And I thought I might pick up something to snack on. It's been a long day, just as you said, and it's not over yet." She still had multiple stops to make, afterall, before she could consider any of her day a success. "I'm leaving town to travel the island in a few days... I'm just trying to wrap everything up before I go," she added looking off for a minute as though slightly unsure about the idea.

Lovey didn't know if she was particularly fond of this boy or not, and took the moment to flop across the girl's feet as she stood and talked.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:23 am
"Because I'm a hungry cheapskate, and I'm making the informed to decision to eat it despite knowing the health risks," he said with a shrug. "CEO having a fit wouldn't be over stolen goods or whatever, it'd be over the liability of an employee eating potentially hazardous products." His expression fell into a deadpan, "Besides, I'm not such an altruist to waste my time carting old bread around to soup kitchens or whatever."

He leaned back, stretching his arms out and folding them behind his head with a brief, comfortable sigh. "We've got flour," he said casually. "We buy it to make bread, which we then sell. It's a bakery. Google search recommendation: Did you mean 'supermarket?'" His brow furrowed in absence of understanding of her words, "Now when you say 'traveling the island,' are you talking about like camping and stuff? Because if so, cooking bread?" He had no doubt that it could be done, but certainly not practically. "I mean there are towns other than Camph on this island, and I may not be an especially seasoned traveler but I'm pretty sure all of them have places that sell bread and s**t." He waved a hand with a shrug. "I dunno, man. Sounds weird to me, but I guess you got some kind of plan."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:36 pm
Well...at least he knew the risks, she thought sarcastically, resisting the urge to shake her head.

At his next words, she froze, mentally physically, all around. She always bought her flour from the bakeries--it was always higher quality, and as he had said, they didn't pump it full of preservatives, but as he mentioned the difficulty in baking it while traveling, it dawned on her that he was absolutely right. Duh... Her cheeks flushed as the realization dawned on her and she sighed, looking off, suddenly feeling a ridiculous urge to cry. Man this was embarrassing.

"...You're right. It would be hard and I'd probably be better off getting it elsewhere anyway..."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:02 pm
Oop, no plan after all, huh? There was a certain air of amusement to his features, but he tried not to advertise it in excess; he generally avoided being too much of an a*****e. "If yer after bread for grains, just pick up some rice instead. Classic camping fare, and uncooked it'll keep practically forever." He shrugged a shoulder. "Also, about these 'expensive tastes' of yours… You do understand that when you're camping, you have to piss in a hole in the dirt, right?" She really didn't seem the sort who would ever willingly walk into an environment that lacked regular access to a proper restroom.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:11 am
There was no doubt in her mind that he was an a**, but at least he was an honest a** and not a manipulative jerk as she had been so numb to back in the day. His amused look made her stomach squirm, but she just nodded. Rice would be good.

His more crass statement made her frown deeply and her cheeks turn red. "I'm well aware," she told him, immediately waving off the conversation. "Trust me, there's a lot I'm not happy with, but I'm going to do it." the list was lengthy, but she was determined.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:38 am
"Mmhmm," he hummed, his voice passingly cynical. "And what are you happy with? What's got the princess so determined to throw away her castle and go traipsing around in the woods or wherever, baring her a** for all of nature to behold?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:30 pm
His cynical attitude, no matter how passive, pissed her off, though she refused to let it show more than she already had. Unfortunately, the girl was as readable as an open Vogue, and her expression twisted into something just as sarcastic as her words sounded. "Maybe said Princess just got a little tired all locked up in my ivory tower of life and decided to step down for a while. Maybe there's a knight to keep up with, bonds to strengthen, and an adventure to be had that she can't just read about in a book, and she couldn't bear the thought of sticking around staying as she was and learning nothing," she sighed, finally giving in and taking a seat at the table with him. "Just think of it as 'taking a dive,' to use your own words."

Though, he wouldn't remember those words. 'Live in the moment...' He had been drunk. Maybe he expected her to be as well, if she were to actually take his advice.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:01 pm
At once all humor fell from Nate's features, a cold, critical glare in his usually bright eyes. "How picturesque," he said, making no effort to conceal the condescending sneer that accompanied the words. "Here's a hint, 'Princess,' if you're gonna step down from your throne then you better be ready to throw away your ********' tiara. You think you're such a great role model, don't you?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:01 pm
She shook her head, not letting the fear she now felt at his change of expression reach her own. "No, I don't. You also once told me I'd have to be ready to lose everything I was if I didn't know what I wanted. It's odd, feeling it be stripped away from you, but I guess it was my own choice that lead me here."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:44 pm
"What is being stripped away from you?" he said, lifting his chin slightly. "You come over here on about 'expensive tastes,' talking like you want to buy flour to bake bread in the goddamn wilderness. Just waltzing about with your knight~ Having an adventure~ You looked about ready to raise hell over donating food, but you have no ********' clue how the people you donate to live, do you? I bet you don't even know how two-faced you are."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:24 am
Be it is his tone or his entire being at the moment in time, she found herself unable to speak, flustered and unsure of the answers that came so jumbled to her mind. Instead, she let her shoulders fall, unwilling to fight any of his points and instead looked him in the eye. "You're right. I'm sorry," she apologized quietly, sincerely. He was right, and she hoped to change that over the next few weeks. "Maybe a few weeks in the woods will shock me out of it."

The conversation had started out light, full of big talk, but was now plummeting toward an area she was entirely unprepared for, something much deeper than playful banter. His immediate change in demeanor was certainly shocking to her, and she knew something she had said had hit him in a way she hadn't intended. Though she had little idea, if any, what he was going through, she knew better than to ask. He hadn't even known her name, and upon the realization, she began to wonder why she even cared about his opinion...but she did.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:03 am
He couldn't imagine an ounce of sincerity or forethought in her words, and a mirthless grin spread across his lips, his gaze firm, dim, and impassive. Using an apology like that was just a convenient way to try and avoid pissing someone off more, and he was far from falling for it. "Yeah, right. People like you only change their wrappers."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:36 pm
She looked at him unfalteringly, her brows furrowing. "You're not the first person to call me two faced. That's why I'm trying." She shook her head. "At least I'll admit it. You just seem to be hiding everything behind extreme confidence and bravado. But then again, I don't know your story, and you didn't even remember my name, so..."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:16 pm
He stood abruptly, slamming a palm against the table for emphasis as he did so. "Sorry you're forgettable, but that don't sound like a me problem." He folded his arms across his chest, cocking his head slightly askance. "And no, you don't know my story, so don't even talk like you know anything about me. Fun fact: I know more or less s**t-all about you too, so here's a little game," he gestured in a light flourish. "You claim to understand well enough that you're two-faced, but just how did I figure it out, huh?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:24 pm
She jumped a little at the sudden force and sound, looking at him with slightly widened eyes before sighing, and looking away to think. She couldn't name it right off, and it bothered her, knowing that would be the first thing he would attack.

"Well, the first time I met you, I was dressed to kill and thinking I could tear apart the world and most of the men in the room, until someone did something about it--meaning you-- and saw right through my break up anger mask. And I guess it would be a little odd to see someone like me wanting to step out of her comfort zone."

A shake of her head. "To be completely honest, I'm not sure which of my traits you've picked up on, and I hate myself for it because I know you're right. So thank you."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff