Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:06 pm
"All right," Lin agreed, and gestured with a nod toward Jeeves "he likes the sun a lot. We go into the canopy sometimes- er, in Sandalwood- to take a nap in the sun... I'm eighteen. Not that young." The boy protested as youth might tend to do. "Nine years? How old were you? I guess, experience can be good advice." He nodded, with no protests to the water- he liked water.
"Um. Maybe we could start with that story then; your scars?"

Lin blew air in a 'pfft' sound.
"Heh, you assume I'd wanna be taken in; like I said, though, Jeeves and I are pretty good; and the rest of my team." He paused, then proceeded slightly cautiously. "Partner in crime?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:18 pm
"He'd like Grande Ile then, lots'a places to nap in the sun! Beaches, too. Those are nice," Vincent couldn't help but scoff at the 'not that young' comment. "I was 21 when I met him. I'll be 30 in few weeks, kiddo!" Vincent couldn't help but laugh, adding on the 'kiddo' just to tease. "Y'met someone y'can count on and you better keep 'em by your side, that's for sure."

When Lin asked about the scars Vincent took on a serious look, biting down on his his sandwich and chewing quietly. When he finally looked up again, he smirked, as if he was about to tell a heavy story...

"I charged a Charizard in the wild. Head on! Broke a few ribs and fingers, n'this scar goes on more than m'shirt'll tell ya'! But I caught that ********! In hindsight, there might'a been better options for catching it, but... heheheh." Vincent leaned back in his chair, arms crossed over his chest with a peppy look on his face. "This one," Vincent tapped the scar by his eye, "I'll tell you about next. But now it's your turn to tell me something fun."

"True, true! You're an independent one, eh Lenny?" Vinny chimed, "Partners in crime! Someone you can count on! Someone y'see on the street and say, hey, buddy! How's it goin'? That kind of thing. Makes sense, yeah?"  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:54 am
Lin was pleased, but reluctant, to entertain the idea of going to Grande Ile. He was travelling within his region- his home region- now, sure, but for a specific purpose.
Regions like Kanto or Johto, he may have entertained; they had a history of Rocket, just like Kodo... He knew little of Grande Ile and would have felt bad about taking a break without the situation in Team Rocket being resolved in his home...
"30, huh?" Lin fixed Vinny with a more searching stare; taking in the scars and the man's build a little more detailed than he had before.
He winced, though, as the man talked about taking a Charizard head-on.
"Uh. Might have been." Lin, agreed, wide-eyed. "Much as my pokémon and I are a team, it's definitely usually them who do the fighting against other pokémon."

"Ah. Like a friend." Lin nodded a little, then racked his brain for 'something fun'... 'Something fun'... "Erm. Let's see. I used to hang around the university- stole a bit from there."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:55 pm
"30," Vincent confirmed with a nod, "I dunno though, stopped smokin' around 8 years ago an' I don't drink too often, I'd say I still look pretty young! ...Well, I actually smoke sometimes. B'not that often!" Vincent took a few more bites of his sandwich, jumping suddenly and handing over the jam for Jeeves. "I almost forgot!"

The wince wasn't missed and Vincent had to laugh a little. "If I had Pokemon of my own, I'd have 'em fight! But my boss has all the Pokemon, I jus' help train them. Don' get me wrong, after the Charizard I was out of commission for a good long time."

"Yeah, that!" Vincent nodded, then grinned. "The university? Aw, m'proud! Have ya' ever gotten arrested for it? An', what're you out stealing for in the first place? Y'don't seem like you're off doin' it for fun."  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:39 am
Jeeves tried to ignore the man very carefully for a few moments, even turning his nose up... Until the jam proved a little too much temptation and with a grumble, the grass type turned back to take it from Vinny.

"A Charizard though... That's, y'know, fire..." Lin protested, weakly, and shook his head. "We don't... have the best relationship with fire. Most of my team aren't good with it..." The boy admitted, but left out his own discomfort with the typing, though it was probably observable in his body language.

He brightened to find someone 'proud' of his efforts at theft. It had been necessity more than anything else... Well, maybe a bit of righteous indignation too.
He shook his head.
"I've always gotten really lucky with the police... I don't trust them much, so I don't spend long enough around to meet them if I can. Besides, I don't think I rate much on however they make up cases, right? I never take much; just enough so we can eat, or make a little bit of pokéball money; I'm not... Not a registered trainer, see..."
Lin found himself trusting the man; sure, he was unfamiliar with life much outside the poverty of his Sandalwood life, but even so, how quickly he'd decided that Vinny was 'trustworthy' surprised him...

Jeeves rolled his eyes. He fully expected to be in some kind of trouble with the law at any moment now; Lin was telling people far too much.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:45 pm
Vincent couldn't help but snicker when Jeeves took the jam, satisfied the Pokemon had given in. Vincent might not have had his own Pokemon yet, but he liked them a lot. Andre's Pokemon weren't too fond of him, but they had a... likeness to their owner, and Andre wasn't always the most cheerful. Vincent chuckled, Jeeves reminded him of a certain Espeon that had a good sized distaste for Vinny.

"Mhm, fire! Y'look a little twitchy about it. Mostly Grass types, huh? If you were a Pokemon, I bet you'd be a Grass type!" Vincent concluded. His facial scars were the most prominent, but if someone looked closely along Vincent's arms he had a slew of cigarette burn scars, most old and faded, but a few looking more recent. Fire, burning... it didn't phase him in the least. He ended up burning himself, whether accidental or not, quite often.

"Smart kid! S'not bright to stick around places for too long, even if y'ain't doing too much bad. Police, they're a baaaad bunch. Sometimes they give me trouble when I ain't doing nothin'! Stay away from 'em if you can. An' if you do have to talk to their kind, be polite as y'can and don't start anything. I mean it," Vincent punctuated his wisdom with a wise nod. "Not registered? Better be extra careful, then. I haven't had t'deal with the League myself, but I can't imagine it'd be any sorta fun." Vincent went quiet for a moment, thinking to himself. "You happen t'have a pen on you?" He asked.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:49 pm
Jeeves responded to the snicker by pretending, a little too hard, that he hadn't seen or heard it at all; as though the jam had just come to him out of the air.
He began to carefully eat, making a show of being watchful of, and ignoring, Vinny, at the same time.

"Yeah... I guess..." Lin conceded. That was probably true, but his first pokémon had been Jeeves, and all the pokémon he'd met, before meeting trainers, had been pokémon who lived around his forest-city home... Grass types had made up a large amount, along with bugs... Neither got on well with fire, really.
"Gregson isn't a grass type, but I caught him by accident... He's an Igglybuff... Kind of weird looking, actually... But I've got Moriko and Jeeves, and they're both grass types. I guess I just get on better with them. The first time we thought a fire type," The first time he'd ever seen a fire type in the flesh, in fact "was kind of terrifying. I didn't know what they could do." He felt like he had to excuse the 'twitchy-ness'. "I can't imagine how you could just... take on a Charizard..." There was a bit of admiration there, now.
"Yeah; they don't really seem like a good bunch. The League is... all right, but it's not my kinda thing. I don't see why I'd have to register; doesn't make sense..." He moved on, and then tilted his head, looking slightly amused before shaking his head.
"Not really something I've ever thought about carrying around, sorry; not really a scholarly type..."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:49 pm
Fire types weren't the easier to handle, Vincent knew that. But he had a predisposition to fire and it didn't scare him in the least. His finger tips were often charred and his clothes generally had a smokey smell about them- something Andre had complained about more than once. His new clothes, what he'd bought in Kodo, hadn't been 'broken in' yet.

"Y'don't treat fire like water, that's for sure. It's living and breathing, dangerous! Maybe I just got a taste for danger," Vincent laughed, "Fire Pokemon are jus' a specialty though. If I had any, I'd probably have fire ones. You got grass ones! I don't think I'd know how to fight with grass," he said, hoping to quell the sort of worry he was sensing behind Lin's words. The admiration in his voice made Vincent beam with pride though, he laughed before taking up his sandwich and finishing off half of it.

"Hm, you wait here just a minute," Vincent said, setting his sandwich down and standing, patting crumbs from his hands on his thighs and walking back into the shop. He emerged not even a minute later, a handful of napkins and a borrowed pen in tow. When he sat again, he scribbled onto a napkin and slid it over to Lin. "S'my number! I don't expect y'ta call me and gossip, but if you're even caught up in somethin' or you decide to visit Grande Ile, you know where t'get a hold of me!" he said, nodding. "An' I wouldn't worry much 'bout the League though. Personally, I'm not registered. Don't have any Pokemon yet, but... who wants to register your name to some seedy corporation? Not me!" Vincent wasn't sure if someone with a criminal record like his would even be able to register, though Andre had helped quite a bit with getting rid of a few charges.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:48 pm
"Hm. Mostly mine kind of teach me what they're good at..." Lin admitted thoughtfully. He -liked- grass types a lot, they seemed... He wasn't sure how to describe it; for all his rage at Team Rocket, he felt like the gradual change in plants, the life they seemed to have an exuberant amount of, just sort of fit in with his life.

He watched as Vinny disappeared into the shop.
Jeeves watched too, and then took a good look at the table; how much could he and Lin carry between them? Would it be unforgivably rude to abandon this strange man? The little grass type sighed; of course it would.
Well they couldn't be rude...
It didn't look like Lin intended to leave anyway; he stared at him for a moment.

"What? C'mon, he's nice, Jeeves. Not everyone would buy you a lunch after bumping into you... Even you've got to admit that's kind of polite, right?"

Jeeves looked unconvinced.

"Huh!" Lin read the number, and nodded, then looked sheepish, after Vincent had come back.
"Uh. Thanks. I'll keep ahold of it, but I don't actually have a phone... Guess I probably know people I could borrow one from though, maybe... Or I could get a payphone." An ally... Someone who was willing to buy him food, and not have him steal it, or battle them for it... Lin knew he may not know the man very well, but with a lifestyle like his, turning his back on such an offer would have been the most short-sighted decision.
"Thanks..." He grinned, learning his new friend wasn't registered either. "That's what I figure about it too; I don't see the point. I can catch pokémon who want to be caught just fine. Don't need some company to tell me I can..."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:40 pm
"Trust me, if you're in trouble you'll find a way to a phone. Desperate times call for desperate measures! Denmark, now that was my most desperate time indeed," Vincent laughed, wrapping the other half of his sandwich back up in the paper and taking a drink of water. "I'll tell you that story some time."

"'Xactly! My boss, he's registered, but he's the one who keeps the Pokemon so I don't really see a point in me bein' registered. Boss'll get me anything I need really, better trustin' him than the League."

Vincent didn't like authority. Sure, he'd learned to(since living with Andre), respect it more, or at least feign respect long enough to stay out of trouble. Andre was the only one in his life he'd so willingly work under; the idea of registering with the League put him off- Lin was right too! If a Pokemon wanted to be caught, it'd be caught regardless of some fancy paperwork you may or may not have. And if Vincent was dead set on catching a Pokemon, well... it would get caught or Vincent would let himself be maimed trying.

Vincent shifted his eyes to Jeezes now, "So, little guy, have you decided to play nice now? Still gonna be stubborn?" he asked playfully, reaching a hand over to pat the Snivy's head.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:22 pm
Lin nodded a little.
There were plenty of phones around- and even always someone willing to lend them.
"What's it like to have a boss?" Lin asked, finally. He had long decided that this man wasn't Rocket, yet he /did/ have a 'boss'... He didn't /feel/ like this man was some sort of gang-member, and yet, he mentioned 'boss'.
Lin found himself curious.

Jeeves looked up as Vincent addressed him, and jerked back as his hand reached for his head, eyes-wide.
He offered a curt nod to the man; the action conveying his willingness to stay and eat, to be in Vinny's presence, but he was not yet prepared to be touched.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:10 pm
Vincent retracted his hand with a surrendering nod to Jeeves. Maybe it was the fact he just didn't like grass types that we was trying not to pick a fight with the Pokemon- and he was small, it wouldn't be fun to fight him anyway. Vincent hoped one day they could reach a mutual acceptance of each other as... acquaintance friends.

"What's it liking havin' a boss? Well..." Now, Andre wasn't a typical boss, no. They did have a business but it wasn't something Vincent was about to advertise to Lin. For one, Lin wasn't the kind of person that seemed to need to go to an information broker, and two, he didn't seem like he had the money to pay the fees. Three, it wasn't really safe advertising what they did to someone who wasn't a client- Lin could get in trouble should he let something slip. Vincent thought for a moment, trying to figure out what he should tell Lin.

"It's a big responsibility, for me at least. I mean, I'm his only full time worker, an' we live together. I call him boss mostly because I like the ring of it," Vincent explained, tapping his chin, "I do what he tells me, when he tells me- sometimes I play around, too, but when I have work, it's all business. But since we live together, sometimes it's more like I'm his wife, or his boyfriend, depends. Sometimes he's my wife too. He's terrible at eating right, so I'm in charge of getting him to eat healthy- oh, he better not have finished off those donuts--" Vincent interrupted himself, furrowing his brow and squinting his eyes at the air. "I bet he did. Anyway- he takes care a' me, and I take care a' him!" Vincent decided it better to leave out the 'I love him and sometimes we kiss' part of their relationship.

"He's the only boss I've had in 9 years though, dunno if that was the kind of description you were wanting," Vincent laughed a little.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:58 am
With a wary look, Jeeves returned to eating what remained of his jam. The grass type kept, once again, one eye on Vincent. It would take more than one meeting to win him over, certainly, but he remained friendly while Lin remained friendly. It didn't look like Jeeves really even knew that he was small.

Lin shrugged a little.
"That kinda sounds like you're sort of like his pokémon as much as anything else. You do what he tells you out of choice, and both rely on each other, but you call him 'boss' and so he's 'in charge'... I mean; that kind of sounds like what my pokémon are like..." He looked at Jeeves and amended his statement. "Mostly."
He frowned a little.
"I could see you being his boyfriend, but I don't really know about wife. Husband, maybe, but you don't seem like you're trying to be a girl..." He offered after a moment, a slight question, inviting correction, in his tone, curiously.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:55 pm
"Like his pokemon! I like that!" Vincent laughed loudly, receiving a few looks from people passing but paying them no mind. He slapped a hand on the table and had to get a drink of water before he spoke again. "That's the best thing I've heard 'bout me an' Andre! I'm his pokemon, I gotta tell him that. You're the best, kid! It's not too far from th' truth though! Except, yeah. Boyfriend thing! I hope no one is datin' their pokemon, that's.. nah, that's creepy!"

Lin did have a point though, it was fitting. He made a mental note to definitely tell Andre about that, he hoped it'd give him a laugh. When the boy said he could see Vincent being Andre's boyfriend, Vincent felt confident enough to offer up more information. He reminded himself about that "oversharing" thing him and Andre had had a talk about though, and kept that in mind when he spoke.

"Sometimes I just feel like bein' a wife though! Not that it means much, s'just a word, but I feel it. Feel the wife inside me, tell myself I am the wife! Other days, I just feel like a boyfriend, or a husband. Sometimes I don't feel like any'a that though. I have worn a few dresses in my life, keeps things interestin'! An' I look great."  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:29 am
Lin seemed relieved that his comment about Vincent being a pokémon had actually been well received; /he'd/ thought it was a rather good comparison, but you never really knew what people would find insulting, and he never seemed to think things through until after they'd left his mouth some of the time.

He smiled placidly at the looks that Vinny's laughter garnered, remembering a trick he'd once been told that people were embarrassed to be caught looking at anything, usually... He wasn't sure how true that was; he had never been -really- embarrassed just for looking at stuff...

Jeeves let out a little huff and made a slight show of focusing -even harder- on eating his food, and -not- paying attention to either human now.

"Huh. Well, I guess that makes sense." Lin offered, then grinned as Vinny confidently talked of wearing dresses; the confidence in the admittance was encouraging somehow "If it suits you, then it must be right... I don't think I'd enjoy wearing a dress though." He thought about how hard it might be to climb in one; no, he definitely liked his simplistic, practical outfit, even if it was a tiny bit ratty. A thought seized him, and he blinked with surprise, and found he couldn't resist asking. "...Did you fight the Charizard in a dress?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff