Reply 'Tendo Cult~
WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST GAME EVER? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:42 am
pretty sure the first one i beat was kirby's adventure.

and my parents originally got the NES when it was still fairly new back then, then early 1989 i was born and watched them play it from birth.

so yeah nintendo has always been there for me xP  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:42 am
I honestly don't remember the very first game I've ever played. It probably was a Game Boy Color game or Game Boy Advance game. Hmmm, or it might of been Mario Kart 64 or Mario 64. Not sure which gaming console we got first  

ZombieGirlN64

Shy Shapeshifter

10,050 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Bookworm 100

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:58 am
16-bit Jazzy
I_love_Inuyasha1
I think the first game I ever beat was Super Mario World.

I kneeeew Mario World had to be your first game or something because there was a note in your backloggery that was like "DIS IS BEST MARIO EVER N IF U DONT THINK SO UR WRONG"

We're all biased towards our firsts.

Yes, I read through people's backlogs ninja Only know one other person that uses it anyway.
BS. I would be crazy about Duck Hunt, then.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:08 pm
[Kegan]
16-bit Jazzy
I_love_Inuyasha1

I kneeeew Mario World had to be your first game or something because there was a note in your backloggery that was like "DIS IS BEST MARIO EVER N IF U DONT THINK SO UR WRONG"

Yes, I read through people's backlogs ninja Only know one other person that uses it anyway.

It depends what it's your first of. I think Pink Goes to Hollywood is a extremely mediocre and would not recommend anyone play it.

So what's your fav Mario game? And what was your first? Since most Mario games are great, it would be hard not to LOVE the first one that you ever had. Not that Duck Hunt isn't great, it's just extremely simple.

If your first is not your fav, then it's gotta be up there.

Unless The Mighty Beanman is immune to nostalgia.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:42 pm
Xilo The Odd
pretty sure the first one i beat was kirby's adventure.

and my parents originally got the NES when it was still fairly new back then, then early 1989 i was born and watched them play it from birth.

so yeah nintendo has always been there for me xP

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are so lucky  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:22 pm
16-bit Jazzy
I_love_Inuyasha1

Heh, yeah. I read your backlog too, so it's cool!  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Alice Mikucup

Obsessive Lunatic

14,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:12 pm
Super Mario Bros. on the NES. I think. It was like 22 years ago so I honestly can't remember for certain though.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:19 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
16-bit Jazzy
I_love_Inuyasha1

Heh, yeah. I read your backlog too, so it's cool!

It's actually really fascinating! I really wish more people used it here than like us and Zeph xd .

It's too bad it takes work to start one and make it accurate or whatever. Mine still isn't technically accurate because of games I have but don't know/care about on Steam, etc.
It's totally worth it though, because it puts your gaming into perspective and reminds you of things you might have forgotten.

Not to mention you can share your game collection and opinions on and experience with all of them with your friends without actually showing each of them. It is such a good idea for a site!!!!  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:36 pm
16-bit Jazzy
[Kegan]
16-bit Jazzy
I_love_Inuyasha1

It depends what it's your first of. I think Pink Goes to Hollywood is a extremely mediocre and would not recommend anyone play it.

So what's your fav Mario game? And what was your first? Since most Mario games are great, it would be hard not to LOVE the first one that you ever had. Not that Duck Hunt isn't great, it's just extremely simple.

I'm not immune to nostalgia. One of my favorite early game memories is playing through Yoshi's Island with my mom when she still enjoyed videogames. My fist mario game was probably 2 or 3, but the first one was on a two game cart with Duck hunt. We had all three, and I played them all. I remember liking 3, I can't even remember what the cart for 2 looked like.

I couldn't really play video games on my own until the Super Nintendo era, though. I played a lot of Mario World, and I have fond memories of it. My NES broke long before my SNES did, so I played a lot more of those games, like the first Megaman X.

But my favorite mario games are probably Galaxy 1 or 2. The music, man. The game itself is amazing too. Games.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:39 pm
My First turn based RPG was Super Mario RPG.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:43 pm
[Kegan]
16-bit Jazzy
[Kegan]
16-bit Jazzy
I_love_Inuyasha1

I'm not immune to nostalgia. One of my favorite early game memories is playing through Yoshi's Island with my mom when she still enjoyed videogames. My fist mario game was probably 2 or 3, but the first one was on a two game cart with Duck hunt. We had all three, and I played them all. I remember liking 3, I can't even remember what the cart for 2 looked like.

I couldn't really play video games on my own until the Super Nintendo era, though. I played a lot of Mario World, and I have fond memories of it. My NES broke long before my SNES did, so I played a lot more of those games, like the first Megaman X.

But my favorite mario games are probably Galaxy 1 or 2. The music, man. The game itself is amazing too. Games.

Yeah the Galaxy games are great enough they make people like them more even when they're nostalgic about an older Mario game. I can definitely see that. I can't pick one favorite Mario game... x_x

Maybe we're not biased towards our first games so much that they're always going to be our favorites, but I think we usually are at least a bit more biased towards them than we would be if they weren't our first. Unless it was horrible.

There are still things I enjoy about Pink and I might actually get/play the game again for those reasons, whereas no one else would even give it a thought since it's so skippable  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:06 pm
User Image
Maybe not the first game I ever played, but the first game I remember beating was Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, and even though I've played a lot of games since then, it is still my favorite game of all time (admittedly, mostly due to nostalgic value). sweatdrop  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:46 pm
It's probably more like our first experience with games or any genre of game shapes our expectation and standards from that point forward.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:23 pm
First game I played was Street Fighter for Sega Genesis I believe. Or maybe it was Sonic... one of those two, anyway.  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

astrophe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:05 pm
There's video tapes of two year old me in my playpen watching dad play Lode Runner. We had a NES cartridge that had like 80 games on it. Not sure which one I played myself first  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff