Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
I MADE Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:08 pm
Citrus Novii

Ooooooh snap. I tried to watch it and it was pretty good, not really a fandom for me though.

It was more the fanworks that got me into the show (like the music), but when I watched the show I was amazed by how deep the character profiles went, as well as the nerdy background refferences thoughout. Like many bronys I always always watching to see what hidden pop culture and such refferences are put in the background.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:40 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Ooooooh snap. I tried to watch it and it was pretty good, not really a fandom for me though.

It was more the fanworks that got me into the show (like the music), but when I watched the show I was amazed by how deep the character profiles went, as well as the nerdy background refferences thoughout. Like many bronys I always always watching to see what hidden pop culture and such refferences are put in the background.
Huh, I never got more than three episodes in before I was like, "Nah don't get it." So I never saw those or maybe just didn't notice them lol.

I really only watched it because I listened to a hilarious interview on Howard Stern where this dude went to a Brony-con and pretty much picked out the craziest dudes there, it's fabulous.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:41 am
Citrus Novii
Huh, I never got more than three episodes in before I was like, "Nah don't get it." So I never saw those or maybe just didn't notice them lol.

I really only watched it because I listened to a hilarious interview on Howard Stern where this dude went to a Brony-con and pretty much picked out the craziest dudes there, it's fabulous.

I replied to this I dont know where it went though emo

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/05/the_10_nerdiest_easter_eggs_in_my_little_pony_frie.php

Tis a list of some of the good nerdy easter eggs in MLP. But there are a lot more, also there is quite a few alcoholic refferences.

Like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applejack_(beverage) apple jack is a strong alcoholic cider, and one of the main MLP characters. In one episode Apple jack gets shrunk and "Spike" (A refference to adding alcohol to something non-alcoholic....also many of the other alcohol jokes are based around him) jokes "Now apple jack is a appletini" (Which is basically a apple martini).

Sounds like a interesting interview.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:12 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

I replied to this I dont know where it went though emo

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/05/the_10_nerdiest_easter_eggs_in_my_little_pony_frie.php

Tis a list of some of the good nerdy easter eggs in MLP. But there are a lot more, also there is quite a few alcoholic refferences.

Like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applejack_(beverage) apple jack is a strong alcoholic cider, and one of the main MLP characters. In one episode Apple jack gets shrunk and "Spike" (A refference to adding alcohol to something non-alcoholic....also many of the other alcohol jokes are based around him) jokes "Now apple jack is a appletini" (Which is basically a apple martini).

Sounds like a interesting interview.

Huh, that's pretty cute actually. c:
I've got to say I did like the James Bond thing. Such a stealthy horse.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:28 am
Citrus Novii

Huh, that's pretty cute actually. c:
I've got to say I did like the James Bond thing. Such a stealthy horse.

Yeah, there are several reasons it managed to get a adult following, it definitly has a lot more adult and background refferences as well as character development than say the likes of spongebob.

Yeah that was a pretty cool ep.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces