Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ☆ Video Game & RolePlay
Your favorite game franchise(s)? (fanboying/girling) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crystal Mizuka

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:37 pm
I've probably put more hours into Pokemon than any other game series, but my true passion was obsessing over Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, trying to make sense of the story, piecing together the various Easter Eggs, and just generally loving that soundtrack. I should also probably mention that I started with Chrono Cross, but I really love them both.

Other than that, I also really like the .hack// series, Kingdom Hearts, Kirby, Legend of Zelda, and Final Fantasy. I also have a soft spot for Commander Keen (it's just something I grew up with, even if I still suck at it) and classic Sonic (Genesis era, mainly). Fullmetal Alchemist had a pretty decent line-up of games as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:23 pm
Eowalenna
To christen the new sub-forum I want to know what is your favorite game franchise(s)?

I have always been a fan of RPGs. So it's safe to admit I'm a bit of a Final Fantasy fangirl. The visuals, the music and kooky reuse of certain characters are all points that I love about the series. Although, some characters I can definitely live without. Was it wrong of me to cheer when Sephiroth did what he did to Aerith/Aeris? Truth be told, I would have done it long before then.

can i hug you because im a big final fantasy freak too! (im currently working on a female vincent valentine and white mage cosplay)
and ffvii is my favourite franchise and ffx as well smile  

gokotai

Faun

Azuremage_Violet

4,640 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:52 pm
This is awesome! Final Fantasy fanatic here. Its the only reason why I wanted to play kingdom hearts cuz of the final fantasy characters. Disney is pretty sweet but the combination with the final fantasy franchise is only alright for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:53 am
Im in to rpgs, and fighting games. My 1st rpg was super mario rpg the legend of the seven stars. My 1st fighting games was killer instinct on the snes.
My current favorites of right now, for rpg would have to be Nier *its a drakengard spin off* Ni no kuni, tales of series, atelier series, and tokyo mirage.
Fighting games, blaz blue, guilty gear, smash bros., chaos code, and melty blood.
Also huge zelda geek.  

Extreme Cuddler

Sparkly Sex Symbol

KayaLing

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:14 pm
I grew up playing Nintendo games, in particular most Mario games. However, I'm also now a big Square Enix fan, in particular with Final Fantasy (currently FFXV) and all Kingdom Hearts games.

I suppose I like fantasy and RPGs the most. I also enjoy some fighting games, such as Naruto Ninja Storm (one of the later versions of the game), Tekken, Marvel vs. Capcom, and Smash Bros.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:16 pm
I'm mainly into platformers and RPGs.
Sonic the Hedgehog is my #1 favorite franchise, followed by Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, and Danganronpa. I also enjoy some of the Mario and Mega Man games. Sometimes, I play fighting games (Smash Bros, Skullgirls) or rhythm games (Project Diva, osu!).

Haha! Seeing all these replies saying Final Fantasy reminds me that I need to make some time to play one of them, which is pretty funny how it's taking so long for me considering I grew up watching my brothers play a couple of them (like FFVIII, FFX, and FFXII). User Image

amayamiee

Pure-hearted Star

Kotori Tsukirin

Fluffy Bunny

8,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:34 pm
My favorite game franchise must be Pokémon. I've grown up within my childhood. I know FF series and Fire Emblem and so on, but I've only played FFXII half of it LOL.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:25 am
Over the many years I have liked playing a lot of different video games and Game Systems. I have the Original Nintendo game system, Original Game Boy, Original Atari 400 Computer Game system, and a lot of old style PC civilization building games that are Dungeon and Dragon based.

I have played my Brothers Sega Genesis game system and Loved playing Street Fighter. Some of my favorite Video Games are Zelda, Super Mario Brothers 2, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, Sonic, Dungeon and Dragons (Both PC style and the Real Life in Person version - I have all of the player Guides etc).

In more recent times I have played Doom, Resident Evil, and Final Fantasy. My Favorite Final Fantasy game Versions are FFVII, FFX, and FFX-2. I have take a lot of Cosplay Photos of Final Fantasy Cosplayers. I get a great joy from doing so.  

smithers456

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Winniwyn

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:22 am
Tales of is hands down my favorite franchise. Abyss and Vesperia are probably my favorites but I also really enjoy the characters in Legendia and Graces F. I've yet to finish Xillia unfortunately...I've started three different play-throughs, one on our old PS3 that broke, then one on my brother in-law's PS3 (which is the one I got the farthest in), and then one on our new(er) PS3. I have a copy of Xillia 2 but I don't want to start it until I finish the first one. And I'm part way into Zestiria.

My second favorite game franchise is the Suikoden series. I still need to finish playing the first two games but I've played all the others (including the DS game and the strategy RPG spin off of IV). So far the fifth game is my favorite but I'm not very far into two, which seems to be most people's favorite. Three is also really good.

I'm also a huge fan of the dragon age games, KOTOR (god I wish they'd make a new one), pokemon, luminous arc, and persona.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:39 pm
Seems like this thread is a bit old, but I thought what the heck I'll revive it i guess. So I love video games particularly JRPGs. One of my absolute favorite JRPG series which I don't really hear people talk about a lot is the Lunar franchise. I'm huge fan of Lunar Silver Star Story Complete and Lunar 2 Eternal Blue especially Lunar 2 that game is probably one of my all time favorite JRPG of all time. ^_^

I'm also a Fire Emblem fan. I got into the franchise when I was in middle school and got Fire Emblem Blazing Sword on GBA for my birthday. It's still my favorite Fire Emblem game to this day. .

Other games I really like are Riviera the Promised land, the psp remake, the original Dark Cloud on the Ps2. Dragon Quest VIII: The Journey of the Cursed King on the Ps2, and the Ace Attorney games.  

Ninja Ryu11

Friendly Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

angelmage99

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:20 pm
I'm not a huge gamer by any means, but there is a few series that I've enjoyed including: Harvest Moon, Dragon Quest, Super Mario, and Pokemon.

I recently got Sims 4 base game (with Vampires and Magic game packs) and I enjoy it too, but not 100% if I'm going to be a huge fan.

I've only played one version of Fire Emblem (Scared Stones), but I feel like if I played more than I'd enjoy it.

I've also watch others play Final Fantasy so there is a chance I may also enjoy that series as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:21 pm
angelmage99
I'm not a huge gamer by any means, but there is a few series that I've enjoyed including: Harvest Moon, Dragon Quest, Super Mario, and Pokemon.

I recently got Sims 4 base game (with Vampires and Magic game packs) and I enjoy it too, but not 100% if I'm going to be a huge fan.

I've only played one version of Fire Emblem (Scared Stones), but I feel like if I played more than I'd enjoy it.

I've also watch others play Final Fantasy so there is a chance I may also enjoy that series as well.

Oh hey you're also into Dragon Quest! That's awesome! Which Dragon Quest game is your personal favorite that you've played might I ask?  

Ninja Ryu11

Friendly Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

angelmage99

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:09 am
Ninja Ryu11
angelmage99

Oh hey you're also into Dragon Quest! That's awesome! Which Dragon Quest game is your personal favorite that you've played might I ask?

I've only play two. 8 and 9. I personally love 8 out of the two it has a better storyline, though 9 has more world roaming opportunities in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:16 pm
angelmage99
Ninja Ryu11
angelmage99

I've only play two. 8 and 9. I personally love 8 out of the two it has a better storyline, though 9 has more world roaming opportunities in my opinion.

Dragon Quest VIII is my favorite too! It's still my favorite Dragon Quest game mostly for the story and the gameplay is pretty fun. The soundtrack on the Ps2 was orchestrated live which no other Dragon Quest had before or even after that. But the Ps2 graphics still look amazing even for 2004 you feel so immersed into the world whether you're in the overworld or in dungeons. And that music being orchestrated just makes the game feel so alive!

I remember trying to play 9. I liked the customization option it felt similar to Dragon Quest III where you can create your own party members and name them and stuff. But I dunno I never got into that game as much. I think the change with making the enemies visible felt too different than what I was normally used to. I hear XI doesn't have random encounters too so yeah.  

Ninja Ryu11

Friendly Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

angelmage99

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:10 pm
Ninja Ryu11
angelmage99
Ninja Ryu11
angelmage99

Dragon Quest VIII is my favorite too! It's still my favorite Dragon Quest game mostly for the story and the gameplay is pretty fun. The soundtrack on the Ps2 was orchestrated live which no other Dragon Quest had before or even after that. But the Ps2 graphics still look amazing even for 2004 you feel so immersed into the world whether you're in the overworld or in dungeons. And that music being orchestrated just makes the game feel so alive!

I remember trying to play 9. I liked the customization option it felt similar to Dragon Quest III where you can create your own party members and name them and stuff. But I dunno I never got into that game as much. I think the change with making the enemies visible felt too different than what I was normally used to. I hear XI doesn't have random encounters too so yeah.

That's true. 9 did have customization. If it helps you to remember it's the one with angelic beings and the fygg fruit.  
☆ Video Game & RolePlay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff