[FIN] Something Frosty This Way Comes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:17 am
"I will gallivant with whomever I choose," Frost replied primly, "and I have no idea who this Luke fellow is. Mmmh, it sounds like a weak joke to me. Is he a comedian?" Luke was of course brother to and the cause of the demise of one of their agents. Rather pathetic really or 'noble' as sentimental people would probably deem it. Still, it was a shame that a good agent had come to such an end and perhaps a good oject lesson; he would not allow himself to be caught out like that with Dima. Unless he was sure that he could somehow... secure his old friend it would be better that they did not meet again.

Oh, but it was satisfying to see Izaya looking... well, not happy at any rate. Gloomy? Something of that ilk.

"I could seek him out, yes," Frost continued, "but I am not especially inclined to accept life advice from a man in your situation. Surely you can see that would be completely illogical.... And while I cannot offer you any knowledge I can offer you something to wonder about. In your no doubt long incarceration something to chew over may prove to be welcome so I suggest that you wonder this; what might we have had together had you not got yourself involved in such a mucky business as you have?" He supposed he really should reference their purported relationship again, given it was his reason for being here.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:25 pm
"Grande Ile noble. The 'runaway rich kid' sort without much common sense. Tried to strangle me last I met him~" he answered off-handedly. "Honestly, though, his whole life is a comedy. And you know what they say - at the heart of all comedy is tragedy. Probably why his twin waited until he was about to die to express his feelings of brotherly love, which consisted of selling out my partner and I, among other things."

The grunt made a face of distaste at the memory. Such a pity one couldn't take revenge on those who were already dead. "It would have been better for everyone if the idiot hadn't been so emotionally constipated. Maybe then he wouldn't have felt the need to do something so dramatic."

Sticking out his tongue in an act of childish defiance, the black-haired man taunted his visitor. "Not everything has to be logical, sweetheart. We live in an impractical world ruled by human beings who are influenced by impractical, illogical emotions almost as a rule. One might even say that's what separates us from beasts, which are supposedly driven by pure instinct. People are unpredictable. Me getting arrested as a Rocket, you coming to visit me... They rarely do what you or even themselves expect. That's what makes them so interesting."

False relationship or not, Izaya's demeanor visibly mellowed at Frost's suggestion. He couldn't honestly have believed such a thing to mull over would have been welcome, but maybe that had just been sarcasm. Or an extra jeer at him. Or Frost just being Frost, not being aware or perhaps just not caring about the way he worded things in the role he was playing. Izaya could never tell with him.

"If that's your attempt to make me feel guilty, I'm sorry, but I'm not one of those people who dwell on 'what ifs' or regret. I was involved in this 'mucky business' long before I was involved with you, so there isn't even much point in wondering what might have been. The only change I could have made was to have remained committed to my first relationship, which would have been a lot less hazardous for me, but I'm still glad to have met you and valued the short time we did have together." He put a sentimental palm against the clear wall between them.

"I knew this end was inevitable. Maybe I wouldn't be here saying goodbye if we hadn't ever been together and you can call me illogical for going through with it anyway. But like I said, that's what emotions are. The act of choosing to do something against our instincts is what makes us human and I wouldn't change a thing about what we had while it lasted." Oh, drama. He was really starting to hope there was a legitimate audience for this.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:52 pm
"Mmmh, I see... unfortunate," Frost responded, internally decidedly displeased that he found himself agreeing with something Izaya said. What a foolish child that agent had been in the end.

Ah. And there of course was the infantile behaviour. "I would argue that logic and reason separate us from beasts not base passions and unpredictability." This was hardly the place to try to persuade a fool to see sense however, let alone a lost cause like Izaya.

Frost shook his head.

"Emotions are chemicals released by your brain Orihara. We evolved them because they caused adaptive behaviour... and yet we do agree that it is human to act against our instincts. Perhaps one last thing we have in common, save for shared memories of dark rooms and the scent of musk."

And if Izaya caught that clue to information he might be interested in, well, congratulations to him to be frank. It wasn't as thought he could do anything with it anyway.

"And now I must take my leave," Frost continued with barely a pause. "I do believe I have tried the patience of your jailers long enough, they must be keen to put you back where you belong. Goodbye, Orihara."

With that the small blond hung up the receiver, got to his feet and moved to the door. Once on the threshold he paused and looked back over his shoulder at Izaya, because he knew that was the sort of thing people did. He had seen it in movies.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:51 am
Perhaps it was his weakened state, but regardless of it being for show, that kind of talk coming from such a usually inexpressive man caused the heat to rise to the grunt's face. The first time it had been too much of a shock for him to really think about the words, but now it was just plain unnerving.

He slunk back down in his chair again, frowning dubiously at Frost. Those were words that would stick with him in the restless nights to come, though Izaya wasn't too sure he was okay with this. In many ways, they were more unhinging than any real refute against his faulty logic.

For the hundreth time since the agent had come, Orihara had to wonder what in the name of all that was cold and bitter had possessed him to do so and what his motive was behind it. His best guess was psychological warfare, but if so, did Frost know just how effective his methods were? It was unlikely he'd ever be certain just by thinking it over, but doubtful the platinum blonde would ever directly enlighten him.

So thrown off by the imagery painted by the mention of memories, rooms, and scents, the informant failed to recognize that it might have actually been a hint. There would be some time yet, though, for him to ponder things over. Even if he was to be executed, it wasn't as if death row had a short waiting list.

"Hehe...so icy," he muttered in response to the farewell. "Thanks for dropping by...John."

With the loud buzz of the door being opened for Frost to leave, Izaya stood up to watch him go. He couldn't help the small upturn of the corner of his mouth at the cinematic scene. Even if the agent claimed to be socially challenged, something or someone must have given him a sense of society's romantic ideals. How else could he have performed them so damn well?

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:00 pm
Humm, for who the buzzer tolled.

Frost closed his eyes for a moment - people did that too - and then turned away, stepping out of the door and closing it neatly behind him.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff