Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:27 pm
"And let you have all the fun? Sorry Sera," Evan shook his head from the kitchen, pulling and apron over his head and tying the back "You're going to have to learn to share."

At this Bruce threw his hands up into the air, looking between Evan and Sera as if to say 'what the ******** Luke explained Bruce arched an eyebrow, but nodded as he seemed to understand.

"Hence the cane." Rodney pointed out.

Bruce gave a slow knowing nod, looking at Rodney, then back to Luke, a moment later and he asked. "So, now that you walk does that mean you're moving back to your apartment?"

Rosie blinked, looking up from the sink that she was working at to look at her Uncle.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:31 pm
"I don't share," Sera pointed out, as well as stuck her tongue out at Evan.

With that done, she suddenly turned to Luke to ask, "Can I see your cane for a second?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:35 pm
He eyed Sera with some suspicion. "…What for?"

Bruce's suggestion was unexpected and was not something Luke had thought about much, especially now that he had the liberty to actually enjoy his present living conditions without feeling guilty for that enjoyment. His eyes moved briefly to Rosie with a faint reluctance before he dipped his head, uncertain, "I… guess?"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:53 pm
"That's RUDE!" Alex snapped with a point to Bruce who leaned up off the counter and held his hands up "What I'm just asking!" He defended himself, making a gesture "I mean that's why you moved in here right? He's an independent man, why would he still want to live here?" The older man tried to defend himself, though he wasn't fooling Alex and Evan who were both frowning at the older man. they know he had more motives than that.

Lifting the pot from the sink and walking over to the counter next to where Evan was chopping up Potatoes. It hadn't really crossed her mind, not seriously anyway, about him going back to his apartment how that he could walk.

Rodney let out a sigh with a finger pushing his glasses back up his nose then looked to Luke "Luke, give Sera the cane."

Again Bruce made a wild gesture "Oh come on! It was just a question!"

"He doesn't have to leave, if he doesn't want to." Rosie added, glancing up to see most of her family looking at her.
"... He- he doesn't." She repeated when they still continued to look at her.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:05 pm
Sera threw her arms up. "Ugh, fine, don't let me see it. I don't need it." Instead, the brunette grabbed the next closest object - a pillow, of all things - and brandished it at Bruce like some sort of soft, comfy sword. "Back! Back, I say!" That said, she threw it at him as hard as she could, which wasn't actually that hard. "Man, the guy finds out he won't be paralyzed for the rest of his life and that he can actually walk again, and the first thing you ask him after making sure he can walk is 'when are you going home?' s**t, even I'm not that insensitive," she huffed, leaning back to cross her arms over her chest, her tone one of obvious displeasure and annoyance. "'Hey Luke, you can walk now right? You can? Cool so that means you're gonna leave now right? Right yes good okay bye.' s**t. Yeah, just let him hobble all the way back to his building and hobble up the stairs if there's no elevator or anything, I'm sure he'll be perfectly fine, he can totally make it back no problem, it's not like he literally just said he's healing slow and has s**t for stamina still and can't stand for too long. Nahh, he'll be fine. Brilliant idea. Genius." Rosie might as well not have said anything with how little attention Sera paid her; she was much too busy aiming a particularly angry glare at Bruce.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:11 pm
Sera's sudden rant effectively dismantled anything Luke had been planning to say in reply - which wasn't much, given that the only honest response he could muster, that he didn't want to, seemed from Bruce's perspective like the least desirable response he could give.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:16 pm
The pillow bouncing off of Bruce and the rant that Sera had given off drew everyone's attention, though there were smile broad smiles this time, namely from Alex, and joined by Rosie who giggled at her friends outbursts.
Oh Sera.

"Hey! hey hey hey now, that's not what I meant by that." The older man turned the pillow in his hands, having caught it when it struck him lightly. "I didn't mean now! What are you doing throwing things. You're scary for being a quarter of my size."

"Well what if he doesn't want to leave, did you think of that?" Rodney pointed out in a tone of mild defiance to his father, while still keeping his tone somewhere in the good nature and playfulness of the conversation.

Bruce drew himself up a little as he took in a breath and held it.
It was difficult to tell if he was rethinking his approach, or if he just flat out didn't like that idea.
Squinting his eyes at Rodney, as his son wore a knowing expression on his face.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:30 pm
The giggles and amusement didn't help much, especially since she was being serious about this and it was actually vexing to have someone say such insensitive things to one of her best friends. How could she not take that seriously? Either way, the brunette armed herself with more ammunition, taking another pillow in hand which she immediately threw at Bruce while saying, "Because I feel like it!" And it felt good; let off a lot of steam, and it was fun. "And cuz Luke didn't give me his cane, otherwise I would smack some sense into you with that instead." She hadn't intended to hit him with it in the first place, just wave it around in his face, but if it came within reach now that would probably change. "Good, I should be scary when you're being an insensitive jerk to one of my best friends. And, if you didn't mean it like that, then maybe you should phrase it better so you actually say what you mean instead of saying what you don't!" She didn't have any idea what the looks between him and Rodney were about, nor did she really care; all she knew was that her two best friends were total push-overs, and one of them was in danger of being pushed around, which was something she absolutely would not stand for.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:38 pm
Though it seemed that everyone was taking the situation with some amusement, it wasn't difficult to tell from Sera's words and tone that she was being perfectly sincere, and Luke reached a hand to get her attention, forcing a smile through his uneasiness, "Sera, it's okay." He appreciated the intent behind her crusade on his behalf, but he greatly preferred when his friend was in a good mood.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:43 pm
"Oof!" Bruce caught a second pillow, blinking and turning his attention back to Sera. "Hey... Look I'm not getting all up in his grill, I was just asking. you know, starting some conversation, Its not my house, I'm not kicking him out." It was clear this second time around that Sera was taking the joking pretty seriously.

Rosie knew that Bruce could be blunt, and sometimes rubbed people the wrong way with his humor, it wasn't the first time that he pissed off Sera, and it likely wasn't the last time.
Pulling a couple of soda's out of the fridge, the blond walked back over to Luke and Sera, hanging the brunette a soda to try and cheer her up a little.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:51 pm
Sera's rants was drawing to a close regardless, and Luke's and Rosie's words and actions sufficed to end it early. She aimed a frown at the can of soda - that was the only hand she had with which to throw things at Bruce - but accepted it without comment. To her or Luke, anyway. She set the can on her knee while holding the top to make sure it didn't fall, and managed to pop it open pretty easily with one hand. "You were just asking, and I was just answering," she replied a little sullenly as she raised the can to take a sip of it. Though she was still displeased, she at least didn't sound angry anymore, and it was clear her tirade had ended.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:59 pm
Luke accepted the offered beverage with a smile that carried a silent apology; his centrality to the discussion left him feeling responsible for it, but he wasn't sure what he could say that would easily settle things. He supposed he owed some kind of response to the original curiosity, though, particularly with the amount of uproar that had precipitated in his inability to answer. He trained his eyes on the condensation gathering on the surface of the cold aluminum, "I probably shouldn't impose much longer, I guess… especially if it isn't necessary."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:35 pm
"Arceus" Bruce breathed with a shake of his head "Its like I kicked your puppy or something."
That's probably exactly what he did though, in a manner of speaking.
Alex sat by Rodney, her arms crossed over the counter as she glanced from face to face as the situation calmed down.

Before anyone could speak Luke said his part, and in reply to it Bruce paused, before he seemed to look satisfied with the answer. "Its a small house anyway, plus all of your have pokemon, bet it gets crowded."

"Some people like living that way, Bruce." Alex pointed out, earning her a frown.

Rosie liked coming home while Rodney was at school and having Luke to talk with, heck she liked having Luke around period.
"You're not imposing." She reassured quickly at Luke's word choice.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:37 pm
Seraphine just made a face at Bruce before taking another sip of her soda, refraining from commenting this time.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:45 pm
"You'd say that even if I was imposing, right?" he said, the words mildly teasing. He had no doubt that she was telling the truth, but Rosie seemed particularly disinclined to noticing when she was being inconvenienced. "I am kind of commandeering your guest room after all."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff