Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
My Boyfriend Gave me Bed Bugs... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever had bed bugs?
  Yes
  No
View Results

ChortlingPig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:32 pm
Sagebomb

My contract is just til jan 12th, but my visa is til april 23rd. But I have no idea what Im doing or where I will be after the 12th of jan.

Oh wow, that's pretty short. Are you planning to go to Vancouver? It's pretty nice there, from what I've seen anyways.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:34 pm
MangoisDelicious
Sagebomb

My contract is just til jan 12th, but my visa is til april 23rd. But I have no idea what Im doing or where I will be after the 12th of jan.

Oh wow, that's pretty short. Are you planning to go to Vancouver? It's pretty nice there, from what I've seen anyways.

Ive sailed through the inside passage of BC quite a few times, and have done some things in the city of Vanc. Dont really have many plans to return there unless I get a job there though.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ChortlingPig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:40 pm
Sagebomb

Ive sailed through the inside passage of BC quite a few times, and have done some things in the city of Vanc. Dont really have many plans to return there unless I get a job there though.

I see, I see. By the sounds of it, you've been to Vancouver more than I have xD
Though I suppose I don't really have any reason to go there. Are you just in Canada to explore, or are you planning to move here one day?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:49 pm
MangoisDelicious
Sagebomb

I see, I see. By the sounds of it, you've been to Vancouver more than I have xD
Though I suppose I don't really have any reason to go there. Are you just in Canada to explore, or are you planning to move here one day?

Well I did work the Alaska cruise season about a year and a half back. So Vancouver was one of our home ports. Which kinda means I was going back and forth between it for a couple months.

I would love to move here, but for that to happen I need to find a employer who would apply for a LMO for me, so I can get a visa extention past april, Ive had no luck with that atm.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ChortlingPig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:07 pm
Sagebomb

Well I did work the Alaska cruise season about a year and a half back. So Vancouver was one of our home ports. Which kinda means I was going back and forth between it for a couple months.

I would love to move here, but for that to happen I need to find a employer who would apply for a LMO for me, so I can get a visa extention past april, Ive had no luck with that atm.

Oh wow, what was that like? Sounds like an adventure, though I don't think I could do it, sounds too hectic for my tastes.

I sort of looked up what an LMO was (as I'd never heard of it before), though I still don't really understand it (you don't have to explain it though). I moved here when I was really young (5?) back in 2001, and I'm still not a citizen, just a PR. But anyways, I thought what happened was you applied for permanent residency? I worked with a few people from Korea and some of them told me that they were applying for PR status. They never mentioned an LMO.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:13 pm
Sagebomb
Bed bugs = traumatic insemination = a pretty crazy adaption.

But yeah I dont think Ive had them, which is pretty awesome since I travel a lot, and well bed bugs travel with a lot of travellers as well.

But yeah especially hostels and such a prone to them, as well as places like NYC which have had massive problems with them.
hehe another entomology fan I see... yeahh actually I think all the entomology classes I took in college saved my butt because I'm really used to looking for tiny movements in order to collect them, and I noticed them before this reached full infestation level  

Eviesee645

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200

Eviesee645

Hitched Sex Symbol

20,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:20 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Ugh. I've had bed bugs. It was mainly in my room. We don't know where we got them from I was just getting bit and I was swelling up baaaaaaadly. I was having an allergic reaction to the bits. But for some reason my sister didn't get bit when she was in the bunk above me. But I pretty much lived in my living room for 6 months to fully make sure they were gone in my room. We bombed the house twice. Steamed cleaned. Washed all my clothes, beding, stuffed animals... It was a terrible process to go through. I had to rip my rug out and throw out my mattress and bed.

That was a little over 5 years ago when that happened to me.

And half a year ago this year one of my friend's ended up having them. And I ended up getting bit the same way. So I had to make sure I didn't bring them over to my house. I"m assuming we bombed them all or I didn't bring any at all because I haven't had any signs of them biting me since.

I just know I hate them. And I know they don't seem like nothing to some people but when you're the own getting an allergic reaction to them it's not fun.
Plus it's scary knowing you can get them from pretty much anywhere.

So I really hope you get rid of them all because I know how bad they suck. Good luck!!!
Ha it sounds like your experience was a little similar to mine. I've been very itchy and swollen (though I seem to have successfully not taken them to grandma's house) but my stupid boyfriend has like nothing! I'm convinced that they're just racist bed bugs >.>  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:25 pm
MangoisDelicious

Oh wow, what was that like? Sounds like an adventure, though I don't think I could do it, sounds too hectic for my tastes.

I sort of looked up what an LMO was (as I'd never heard of it before), though I still don't really understand it (you don't have to explain it though). I moved here when I was really young (5?) back in 2001, and I'm still not a citizen, just a PR. But anyways, I thought what happened was you applied for permanent residency? I worked with a few people from Korea and some of them told me that they were applying for PR status. They never mentioned an LMO.

Yeah Im relativly well travelled and have done some interesting jobs.

Did you already have family in Canada? Or were your parents able to fill a specific job that required specific trained staff? Or were they some kind of refugees? etc.

Basically I dont have any of those, so would need to spend a certain ammount of time living and working in Canada to be able to apply, and I dont have that yet, I would need to get another visa and spent another year (maybe more) before I would have a chance at applying.

A LMO basically is a company saying to the govt they cant find canadians skilled or willing to do thier job, thus they must hire a non canadian. The Zoo cannot apply for a LMO for me, because even though they would like me to work in the education department after this contract they would need me longer than this current visa, but cant get LMOs granted because they can always find Canadians applying to thier jobs.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:39 pm
Eviesee645
Ha it sounds like your experience was a little similar to mine. I've been very itchy and swollen (though I seem to have successfully not taken them to grandma's house) but my stupid boyfriend has like nothing! I'm convinced that they're just racist bed bugs >.>

lol.
We just have good tasting blood, I guess.
I know anytime I get bit I tend to swell. And if I itch them they turn into bruises. So anytime I get bit I try not to touch them which is hard. >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:44 pm
Eviesee645
hehe another entomology fan I see... yeahh actually I think all the entomology classes I took in college saved my butt because I'm really used to looking for tiny movements in order to collect them, and I noticed them before this reached full infestation level

So-so I do find bugs facinating. But I am more into terrestial mammals. Bugs is just more of a hobby XD.

Yeah when ever I am in the outdoors, I am usually looking for animals, including really small ones. So I too am used to scanning for micro movements.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ChortlingPig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:44 pm
Sagebomb

Yeah Im relativly well travelled and have done some interesting jobs.

Did you already have family in Canada? Or were your parents able to fill a specific job that required specific trained staff? Or were they some kind of refugees? etc.

Basically I dont have any of those, so would need to spend a certain ammount of time living and working in Canada to be able to apply, and I dont have that yet, I would need to get another visa and spent another year (maybe more) before I would have a chance at applying.

A LMO basically is a company saying to the govt they cant find canadians skilled or willing to do thier job, thus they must hire a non canadian. The Zoo cannot apply for a LMO for me, because even though they would like me to work in the education department after this contract they would need me longer than this current visa, but cant get LMOs granted because they can always find Canadians applying to thier jobs.

Oh ok, yeah I had relatives here, so I suppose that helped. I know one of my other aunts managed to get PR here by being my cousin's "nanny" (though she was already 15 or something at the time), and now I think she's working as a nurse.

Are you able to reapply for a visa here? Or would you have to head back to NZ? I know I had to renew my passport at the Filipino embassy(?) in Vancouver but I guess it's not really the same thing.

Also may I ask, since you mentioned working in the education department, do you have a degree in zoology, or something like that? I saw entomology was mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:58 pm
MangoisDelicious

Oh ok, yeah I had relatives here, so I suppose that helped. I know one of my other aunts managed to get PR here by being my cousin's "nanny" (though she was already 15 or something at the time), and now I think she's working as a nurse.

Are you able to reapply for a visa here? Or would you have to head back to NZ? I know I had to renew my passport at the Filipino embassy(?) in Vancouver but I guess it's not really the same thing.

Also may I ask, since you mentioned working in the education department, do you have a degree in zoology, or something like that? I saw entomology was mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.

Without a LMO at this stage no. Although I do know one job I could do, where I could probally get a LMO to work for ~6 months again doing what I did for ~6 months in Ontario. And if what I am reading is true after working there for a few months, I could possibly apply for my Residancy under CEC. Although its a job I dont really want to do, if its a path in I could consider it. I would need to know its a path in though.

I have BSc in This. I didnt do any courses in entomology. Most of what I know about insects has just come from personal interest.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ChortlingPig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:16 pm
Sagebomb

Without a LMO at this stage no. Although I do know one job I could do, where I could probally get a LMO to work for ~6 months again doing what I did for ~6 months in Ontario. And if what I am reading is true after working there for a few months, I could possibly apply for my Residancy under CEC. Although its a job I dont really want to do, if its a path in I could consider it. I would need to know its a path in though.

I have BSc in This. I didnt do any courses in entomology. Most of what I know about insects has just come from personal interest.

May I ask what the job is? And how would you be able to find out whether it would be a path in or not? I'd say it would be worth it if you really wanted to be a resident, but that's not for me to decide anyways.

Oh wow, animal behaviour? I've always been interested in Biology, but most of my Bio in high school was about human anatomy :  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:48 pm
MangoisDelicious

May I ask what the job is? And how would you be able to find out whether it would be a path in or not? I'd say it would be worth it if you really wanted to be a resident, but that's not for me to decide anyways.

Oh wow, animal behaviour? I've always been interested in Biology, but most of my Bio in high school was about human anatomy :

Working at a outdoor camp. this previous spring and fall I was program staff, and for the summer I ran the ropes/adventure program. Yeah, dunno, I hope to find something I would rather do to extend with before then. But dunno, I still really need to figure out what my path is. I know what I want but I have been trying to do that for like 5 years without getting there. So I moreso need to find a place I can settle.

I never did any form of biology until university...where it was my major XD. I find human stuff pretty boring, Im more interested in animal stuff which has a lot more diversity. Like animal physiology vs human physiology...well theres a lot more animals. Yeah I normally avoid saying animal behaviour (Often I say Behavioural Ecology which is more correct) because people often think it just means training animals like dogs. Which is very different. But yeah I am interested in animals and why they do the things they do. My ideal job would combing behavioural ecology with conservational management of species, Captive wildlife management, or wildlife rehabilitation. But its been next to impossible to find work in that.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ChortlingPig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:27 pm
Sagebomb

Working at a outdoor camp. this previous spring and fall I was program staff, and for the summer I ran the ropes/adventure program. Yeah, dunno, I hope to find something I would rather do to extend with before then. But dunno, I still really need to figure out what my path is. I know what I want but I have been trying to do that for like 5 years without getting there. So I moreso need to find a place I can settle.

I never did any form of biology until university...where it was my major XD. I find human stuff pretty boring, Im more interested in animal stuff which has a lot more diversity. Like animal physiology vs human physiology...well theres a lot more animals. Yeah I normally avoid saying animal behaviour (Often I say Behavioural Ecology which is more correct) because people often think it just means training animals like dogs. Which is very different. But yeah I am interested in animals and why they do the things they do. My ideal job would combing behavioural ecology with conservational management of species, Captive wildlife management, or wildlife rehabilitation. But its been next to impossible to find work in that.

Yeah I suppose.. That has nothing to do with your major except for being outside xD so I can see why you wouldn't want to be stuck there. Are you fine with settling somewhere though? I would think that Alberta, or even Canada in general has at least SOME opportunities concerning the conservation of species, like I remember hearing something about the conservation of bison in Alberta esp. (in fact I'm sure there's a lot more). Have you considered working for a university? I'm not really sure how that would work, but it seems right up your alley. (Unless of course, you meant settling as in finding a place to live, then well... -.-)

Haha sorry, the site you linked me to said Animal Behaviour, but I guess Behavioural Ecology sounds more specific, plus it has a nice ring to it. I dunno, I've always found it interesting to learn things that happen even while I'm learning (like breathing, for example). Just being conscious of more things about your body is, I think, what interests me about human phys. the most, but I suppose that's hardly a motive to get a career in health science or something (though I doubt I could make it anyways). But maybe it's my lack of exposure to anything in bio related to animals that makes me say that.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff