Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:12 pm
"I think the goal is not to get thrown out," Luke suggested, laughing at the general idea. "Oh, wait…" He frowned contemplatively, looking to Rosie, "Do you think we got thrown out? It seemed like he was being nice, but…" But maybe they were just getting thrown out politely to avoid more hard feelings.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:34 pm
Her eyebrows arched when he retracted what he said, looking back over at him curiously before he confirmed that maybe they had been kicked out.
she paused before she smiled with a light laugh having to move the mug away from her lips "Oh no, I guess that does count in a way."

The family, besides Rodney looked taken aback for a moment. "wait you actually did get kicked out of your own party, Rosie too?" Evan said in surprise "What in the world did you do?"

"And how do you get kicked out nicely?"
It was pretty funny that they had actually got kicked out, but what in the world could Rosie had done to assist in such an act, this utterly baffled her family.

Rosie laughed, looking over to Luke first, reaching a hand up to brush her hair away from her cheeks, before looking over to her family. "I wouldn't say we got kicked out, really, but we were let go to the rest of the night, becasue... we told his dad that we were engaged, shortly after Luke proposed to me." She explained with a smile, sitting still to watch the three who had yet to learn about this

There was a stunned silence throughout the kitchen, as everyone sat in silence for a few moment, impressively still and silent as they just stared at the two.
All at once though there was movement from Evan and Alex, the brunette letting out a high squeal of exitment and started bouncing up and down while Evan clapped his hands once and placed them to the side of his head "What? Are you serious? you two are getting married?!" He asked with a big smile on his face, pointing to Luke "Did you really?"

Bruce, continued to remain very still in his seat, blue eyes still wide.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:44 pm
Luke found himself holding his breath during the silence that followed Rosie's almost casual explanation, though he released that breath in the form of a slight laugh accompanied by a sheepish smile as he nodded his verification, "Yes, I did."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:08 pm
There was a sudden burst of noise from the people in the room, as her two cousins and Alex all started to talk and move at once. Rosie was laughing hysterically by now as Evan had actually succeeded in jumping across the counter and grabbed Rosie up in a hug, while Alex leaned forward over the counter to Luke.

"Congratulations! Oh my gosh!"

It wouldn't be long before Evan let go of Rosie, and this time turned to Luke and held his hand out to eagerly shake his hand "I thought there was a kind of glow to you two! Welcome to the family!"

Alex was hugging Rosie now still bouncing up and down now with the blond before she pulled away "lets see the ring!" She said with a sudden gasp of realization.

For a moment Rosie looked surprised, like she didn't know what Alex was talking about, but before long she got a realization on her face and shook her face "It was kind of as unexpected to him as it was for me." She explained  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:19 pm
It was definitely a pleasant change the reactions Luke had previously experienced: Nicolette's obvious sadness, her parents' varying degrees of displeasure, his father's snide and hurtful remarks. Luke couldn't have kept the smile from his face if he had tried, responding in kind to the congratulations with words of thanks. Alex's exclamation, as well as Rosie's response, piqued a bit of curiosity; to any other Grande Insulaire, the tradition of offering a ring during a proposal would have sounded perfectly familiar, but to the young noble whose caretakers had seen no purpose in educating him in unnecessary information such as dating and proposing, he was left wondering if there was, yet again, something universally accepted that he had unknowingly overlooked.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:27 pm
"Oh, I was wondering about that." Rodney noted from Rosie's explanation. but the blond just smiled and shook her head, she looked like she honestly didn't care either way, she was just happy being engaged to Luke.

Bruce had remained where he sat, as the noise and chatter started to calm down eventually, the man downed the rest of his wine in one gulp and moved to his feet, taking a deep breath and crossing his arms as she drew himself up onto his feet and turned to face the couple.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:27 pm
Somewhere in the midst of all the general enthusiasm, Luke maneuvered his hand to Rosie's to interlock his fingers with hers, just enjoying the good spirits permeating the room. The atmosphere cooled a bit not only as the buzz began to calm but as Bruce, obviously not nearly as excited as Evan and Alex, stood, apparently to address them. Luke was abruptly reminded of why he had felt so nervous by the prospect of delivering the news.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:37 pm
Warmed by her family's responses, she smiled at them accepting the hugs and words.
She turned to Luke when she felt his hand in hers, closing her fingers around his and shifting closer to him, a bright smile lighting up her face.

Bruce stood, and still he had not said anything, Rosie didn't stop smiling as she turned to her uncle, squeezing Luke's hand lightly.
"Uncle, I know its kind of sudden but its not really when-"

Bruce held a hand up to silence her, waving them light with another heavy sigh."I know... I mean look at you two, Rosie's you're killing me with that smile, and even this usually too shy kid looks happy. Or sorry right now you look kind of scared, but you did look happy."

"Not a kid anymore" Rodney pointed out with a friend.

"Right right! age thing. So... I guess that makes you a man now." Bruce look to Luke again. "So then as a man you can promise you'll take care of her?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:45 pm
Though Bruce's posture was reminiscent of the stance his father had taken just before raking them over the coals, the words that followed were of an entirely different nature, enabling Luke to relax somewhat. He nodded in response to the question posed, giving his answer, "Of course. That's always been my intention, and it always will be."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:55 pm
"... Alright, and you understand the consequences if you don't!" He pointed a finger at Luke, squinting one eye at him.
Ah but the way Rosie was looking at the red head right now, how could that not just melt a man's heart.
With another heavy sigh Bruce opened his arms and gesture to Luke "C'mere,"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:31 pm
All of Luke's nervousness and fear had stemmed from the memory of how the news had been received in Grande Ile; he had no desire to repeat any part of the conversations held with any of the three parties with which he had spoken. To be received with warmth and support and a willingness to share in the immense happiness their circumstances had wrought, and to be welcomed with the promise of family after all but losing his own to death and estrangement - was an overwhelming kindness and relief. The smile that broke into his expression was near tears as he answered Bruce's gesture.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:08 pm
Luke was pulled into a hug by the older man, though it mostly consisted of a few firm pats on the back of the shoulders.
"What? you'll be my nephew-in-law? Is that what it is."

Rosie was beaming, her hands brought up to her face as she watched her fiance receiving a manly embrace from her uncle. "Yes." she said in a slightly choked voice "Yeah I think that's right."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:32 pm
He nodded mildly, passing the heel of his hand across his eyes briefly and speaking in a meek voice heavy with relief and gratitude, "I think so."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:43 am
She could honestly say she had never seen that expression on his face before, he looked like he was abotut to cry, though there was no question at all the he looked happy. Luke looked happy.
Bruce seemed to notice it too becasue a wide grin spread across his face and he moved an arm across to grasp a hand to Luke's shoulder.
"Alright alright, lets go get some food, and I'm sure someone's going to want to ask all the details or something."

He stepped over to Rosie before that though, reaching down to give her a big hug, holding her tightly for a few seconds before kissing the top of her head and saying something softly to her.
"You tell mom yet?"

Rosie shook her head lightly "Not yet, I'm going to call her tomorrow." came her promise.

He said something else to her, but this time even more quietly, Rosie smiled at whatever he said though, giving him one last tight hug before he sniffed, straightened up and made a gesture to the dining room.

As they made their way into the room Rosie brushed over to Luke first, reaching out for him as she did.
"That went well." she said almost breathlessly.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:23 am
Luke received Rosie as she reached to him, pulling her tightly into his arms and nodding slightly, "Yeah. I'm glad." He moved away just enough to offer a kiss. "I'm really glad."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff