Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:11 pm
Rosie's enthusiasm was as infectious as ever, and Luke's disposition brightened proportionally. Dith's sudden movement caught his attention, and he reflexively accepted the envelope, listening to the explanation given and to the reply Rosie gave. Having had his own birthday overshadowed year after year by his father's political agenda, this was unfamiliar territory for Luke, and he felt secure to defer to Rosie's understanding and judgment on the matter.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:17 pm
Dith made a cheerful noise that was something like 'pffff' and waved a hand airily before him. "You know I have have forty five birthdays already? And how many times have you two got engaged together? If you have other ideas, or you want something more private that's fine but if you would like to share a party I would love to share mine with you. My parents have organized it, and that's their job so it will be good I'm sure! It's going to be on some kind of big yacht off the coast with lots of music, dancing, food, drinks, games, all sorts of good things."

Setting down his menu, food forgotten for now, Dith leaned forward a little with that huge grin still in place. "If you want to, you know they still have time to make last minute additions. They are used to people wanting four and twenty white Taillow on twenty four hour notice so.... Well, yes, I'm not trying to be pushy but if you would like I think it would be good! All the more things to celebrate has to be good, right?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:50 pm
Rosie watched Dith explain his reasoning and his accommodations to them in silence.
She was honestly touched by the man's gesture, his selflessness and his kindness was always something to be marveled at.
"Oh my gosh Dith." she breathed, pushing herself up to give him a grateful hug. "That is just too kind. Thank you." she said to him.

Looking over at Luke, Rosie tilted her head "We can talk about it, since I don't know what we really want to do, we've been kind of trying to figure out how to let everyone know."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:59 pm
Dith's reasoning seemed sound, but even Luke could tell that it wasn't exactly the everyday norm to share the occasion of one's birthday with another purpose or event; it certainly seemed that he was extending a gracious gesture, especially judging from Rosie's overall reaction.

"It sounds like it would be a convenient chance," he replied to Rosie, then turned his attention to Dith, "if you're really sure you're okay with that?" Knowledge of norms aside, he did recall not being especially happy to be essentially swept aside to make room for Important Political Business. Dith's feelings on the matter definitely looked to be a far cry from that, but he would have hated for those feelings to change in the midst of second thoughts.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:06 pm
Dith gave a bass chuckle and returned Rosie's hug. Sitting up straight again he smoothed a hand over his wild curls and gave a little bob of hid head. "Convenient and excellent! And you two talk, decide what you want. It can be as much a thing or as little a thing as you like, part of the celebrations or just a mention, or not. Even if not I'm going to be having some drinks to you though!" They were really growing up. It felt especially stark with Rosie who he knew best and had known longest, stark in a kind of good muddled up nostalgic way. Each of the pair was lacking something in the way of family, of late anyway, but they'd make a new family together and... yes, yes that was good. Sudden, unexpected to him at least, but very good.

"And I am definitely okay with it," Dith grinned to Luke. "I plan to have at least as many birthdays again, and anyway, if it's a party to celebrate my birth then it's to celebrate me and the people I care for are the most important part of me to me so celebrating something important happening to them on my birthday is just logical! Or something like that anyway," he smiled and shrugged, "and whoever you wanted to invite that I haven't already is most welcome. It is a big boat!"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:11 pm
"Oh I'm sure we were never really thinking more then just a way to tell our friends." Rosie admitted "So really you don't need to worry. but we'll let you know for sure really soon" she look over at Luke "I don't see a need for twenty four Taillow in twenty-four hours." She said with a playful smile.

"But I didn't know it was you're birthday coming up. That's so exciting~ how long have you been planning this?" she smiled, taking her seat again. "And you said you're parents are organizing this, does that mean they'll be there too?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:08 pm
Dith gave a snort of amusement and shook his head slightly to Rosie. "I am glad you don't want the Taillow, you do not want to know what my father says in polite serene Russian about people who want last minute ridiculousness."

Looking at both of them once again the big man gave a little shrug and scratched his jaw. "I have not been planning, or planned," he confessed, "this was all my parents' and my sister's idea. I didn't really do anything at all last year when I turned forty five so this year, and with all of the things that have happened with the league they conspired to make a nice party for me." He suspected that part of the point he was meant to get was 'yay isn't being alive nice, stop doing stupid dangerous crap', but his father and sister would just have to put up with his decisions. His mother understood. It had been hard to be close to the chilly woman when he was little but they were close now and he truly appreciated her acceptance and respect of his choices.

"So yes they will be there," Dith continued after a momentary pause with a smile and a nod, "they like to keep an eye on things, and also of course they're automatically invited to my birthday. It is their fault after all." This last was said with a broad grin and a wink, discernible from a blink by that grin and the raised eyebrows that went along with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:17 pm
Unable to help a little giggle and quickly shaking her head "No worries to you're father, I don't intend to find out. Plus I think we've had our fill of fancy for a while, spending time with our friends sounds wonderful."

"That's so sweet of them though, " Rosie admitted "And I'm glad to hear they're going too, I'm looking forward to seeing them again,"
Rosie looked over to Luke. "If you haven't met them yet, his parents are really great, his dad's a sweet heart and his mom is really beautiful." She informed her fiance  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:04 am
Indeed, Luke had had more than enough formality during their time in Grande Ile, even if they had only been there for a few days. The idea of spending time amidst a gathering of friends rather than a collection of stiff and sheltered strangers was an appealing one.

The idea of a family in which there was a mother and a father a sibling and they were all for the most part harmonious was by now essentially alien to Luke, and he listened with a small sense of wonder to Dith's explanation and to Rosie's impression. "They sound like good people," he commented. He was a little bit envious, but he refrained from voicing as much or pursuing the feeling any further. What he lacked in blood family, he made up for with the friends he had come to know in Kodo.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:33 pm
Dith offered Rosie a grin, commenting; "They'd be pleased you said that," before half shrugging to Luke and chuckling. "Well they're good to me and people I like... usually. My mother does have a lot idiot tolerance but that's no problem with the two of you, or with Sera... or most of the others I think. Some of them I don't know so well but I'm asking everyone who was in the desert with us and everyone who went down into the mines. Chance to make new friends, right? Plus I think everyone could do with an excuse to let their hair down and celebrate a bit." They'd had a lot of successes of late... but at a cost, and some of that good work was now undone with no gain to the league in return. Still, all the more reason for a chance to relax right?

"The boat's leaving on the afternoon of the thirty-first," Dith thought to add after a moment, punctuating the information with a little nod. "We'll head out to sea and return on the first sometime in the afternoon. Weather is forecast to be good currently, good if cold!" A storm in the middle of the party would really put a crimp in things.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:10 am
The information about the party was right there on the invitation, though she had not noticed it at first glance, and had been distracted by conversation with Dith, it was nice to get his first hand explanation however, and his words were followed with a brightening posture
"Oh so its going to be an overnight party, that sounds like a lot of fun!" And n a nice boat, she could see it being a lot of fun.
"Where is the Yacht going to be traveling?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces