Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:50 pm
She turned quickly when she was touched, slightly startled but more eager to reunite with Luke, who she could not see standing by her as the lights dimmed gently back on.
Her hands fell from her face, blue eyes glancing down to his offered hand before he voiced his intentions for a dance.
Though it was clear that she was becoming increasingly emotional, a warm smile scream over her face, her felling being let out in a single laugh "Oh my gosh, Luke-" a hand reaching out to take his, not once taking her eyes away from him.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:06 pm
He had had his reservations about leaving her in uncertainty, but she didn't seem to have been put off by all the wondering, and he responded with a similar warmth in his own expression, his fingers curling lightly around hers as he led her into dance. The aftermath of his injuries prevented him from making movements that were too unexpected or energetic, but the choice of music easily accommodated more relaxed and tender motions.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:17 pm
She took his lead, not even slightly detoured of put off by the leisure dance, she could have settled for the side to side swaying if it meant just being with Luke.
Overwhelmed with how much she loved this man, that he put all of this together for her, and now she got to dance with him, for the first time in a long time.
More then that it was just a sight of how far he had come in his healing, when not too long ago he needed a cane.

The smile never once left Rosie's face as she danced with her fiance, stepping easily and willingly into his lead, and taking any chance she could to keep as close to him as she could.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:29 pm
Similarly, Luke never needed any excuse to have Rosie close; he was happy to be in her presence for any length of time and for any reason. As the music passed its peak and began to pursue its conclusion, he traced his hand lightly against her palm and outward to her fingertips and slipped a smooth metal band into its proper place.

Dawn broke on the planetarium's horizon, the lingering stars and soft morning light illuminating the simple silver-colored ring, its shape curling inward to support the blue gem that was its centerpiece, a diamond inlay accentuating the glittering surface.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:20 am
Rosie blinked as something unfamiliar was slipped onto her finger. She looked to it as the dance slowed even further and the steady glow of morning helped illuminate the room more.

She found herself staring at a ring that had not been there a moment before, and the most beautiful ring that she had ever laid eyes on sitting on her ring finger, glistening gently in the dim light.
For a long moment Rosie could only stand there, staring at the ring that had been slipped on, with her other hand cupped over her mouth.
While she knew he interested to get her a ring, it was very clear this had still caught her off guard, or at the very least just blown her away, not just from the beauty of the ring, but the way he had chosen to give it to her.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:39 am
Luke had acquired enough understanding to know that he was more or less cheating, that as per the norm, the presentation of the ring accompanied the question itself and all the uncertainty that it encompassed. This worked in his favor, however, as he could be absolutely sure that Rosie's silence was in no way negative. He waited patiently for her to work her way through her emotions to a point at which she could speak.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:55 am
When she lowered her hand she was smiling, looking from the ring to Luke.
"Luke, its-" she fans herself lightly clearly just getting more emotional. "Its perfect. Oh my gosh its so beautiful"

shifting the ring on her finger, enjoying the way it felt to wear one a lot more then she expected to. she fanned herself once more before putting her free hands on her chest "I'm trying not to cry, ah-" she said through a smile, though it didn't look like she was going to succeed "Luke, Thank you"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:25 am
Luke was glad just to share Rosie's happiness - and she certainly did seem to have happiness enough to spare. He wasn't sure whether or not he had fulfilled the usual expectations for this sort of thing, but he had to assume that if he hadn't, it didn't really matter to Rosie. He shook his head lightly in reply to her thanks, "I should be thanking you. As terrible as the past year has been, next year is already looking so much better... and I owe that to you."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:06 am
It had been a bad year, it had been a terrible year, and it just felt like one thing after the other, so to reflect on all of that, and to hear that the next year was already looking better, to really be hit with how far he had come, and to have him thank for her for that?

She looked down, sniffed and brushed her hand over her cheeks as his words just effectively destroyed any chance of her not shedding any tears.
She was smiling though taking just a moment to let her emotions over run before she giggled through them lightly, pressing her hands to her face and looking back up at him with a deep composing sigh "I'm really excited. I'm so happy I get to be there with you."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:25 am
He moved to enclose her in a tight embrace, making a sound of agreement, "Me too."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:58 am
She welcomed the embrace, leaning into him, wrapping her own arm around him.
"This was so wonderful, I had no idea you were planning something like this."
She spoke, though remained content in his arms, "I love you."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:13 pm
"The party was so stressful," he recalled. "I thought something fun like this would be nicer." Not that his memories in Grande Ile were entirely bad ones, but he at least hoped to make up for the negative feelings invoked by the unexpected engagement to Nicolette and by the conversation with his father.

He placed a kiss on her forehead, "I love you too." He spared a moment just to enjoy the sensation of the words and of her presence before speaking again, "What do you say to dinner somewhere? I think it's an eating out kind of day." Additionally, the man who operated the projected had agreed to stay after closing to lend his assistance, and Luke felt guilty keeping him at the planetarium longer than he needed to be.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:36 pm
There was not denying that the party had its upsetting points, but she had no trouble looking back on it and remembering the best parts of the evening, this though, Luke setting all of this up for her just went above and beyond, and she was so touched by it.
"I'm lucky, not many girls can say that they've had two proposals. Even if the party was stressful, I will always have very fond memories of that night, and now of tonight too."

she closed her eyes when he kissed her forehead, content to just stay like this for a while if she could get away with it. But as he spoke she looked back up to him, and nodded gently, brightening her disposition "I think that sounds perfect."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff