Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:54 pm
"Okay okay... First of all you can't -make- someone understand anything. If you try they're just going to resist more. And so mommy and daddy won't be giving you money anymore... That's kinda the point of growing up. If you have your own money you should be fine, and if it's not enough, you work for it. It's pretty simple and that's how most of the world works anyway."

However there was a long pause as she went to the second half of her explanation.

"Wait... I thought you were done with that guy. You're not seriously thinking of going through with it are you?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:21 pm
She listened quietly, absently twisting her fingers into the scarf. He was only strengthening what the others had said, and the decision she knew she had already made. "I just hate the idea of giving up hope in finding another way." A weak smile. "And as much as I hate to admit it, my pride really doesn't want me turned away for something so foolish. I hate closing doors..." Being disowned, from a family with such standing, with little explanation, or none at all, would only look bad for her, she thought. "Especially when people won't ever have the opportunity to know..."

His pause and the question drew her eyes up to him, finally, but only for a brief moment. Her own pause was definitely too long to be comfortable. "No...I..." A heavy sigh. "You know I don't want to marry him. I thought I had made it clear enough, but he's a manipulative...b*****d... with a nearly flawless mask."

She shook her head slowly. "I just want to right all of this. I know it's completely unbelievable to think that it's even possible to do, but It's just...wrong. They disown me, and I'm sure they'll have to do some clean up on their end to explain it somehow, but that leaves me over here with no contacts and people there with only the knowledge I've been excommunicated from my own family. Damien won't get what he wants, which..." A heavy look and a dark smirk. "..is everything I want for him, but he'll find a way to make himself look just as wounded and probably end up with even more power and support because of it. Everything I built will mean nothing, and even though it doesn't mean much here, it's still..." What she had lived for, for years.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:19 pm
Yuri frowned as he listened. Some of this stuff he couldn't believe was coming out of her mouth.

"It all boils down to what you want to make right. For yourself or your parents. You'll only be giving up hope if you go through with this. If you don't there's still a chance they'll come around eventually. And of course what it is that you want. A life of independence or dependence. You can't have the best of both worlds so you need to stop making these damn excuses and pick one. It sucks but that's life."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:55 am
He was getting frustrated, and it was all she could do to keep from physically wilting. He was right, though saying it was much simpler than actually living it.

She was quiet a few minutes as she mulled over his words in her head, then sighed. "They're not going to take this well..." They hadn't taken it well from the start, but she was sure they wouldn't just make it simple and do everything at once without a fight.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:07 pm
"Yeah well, that's kinda a given, but I know none of your friends are going to be happy if you marry this b*****d just to make your parents happy."

In fact he was kinda pissed that she was even considering it.

"But it's not about them or us, it's about you and what you want for your life. Sometimes it's okay to be selfish."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:55 pm
That in itself, she knew should be true, but so far as she was aware, Yuri was the only person that had seen even a peek of the way Damien had treated her. The general idea of marrying someone you didn't love, though, she guessed, wouldn't make many people happy

Sometimes it's okay to be selfish. His comment was all the allowance she needed for now, and fully aware of the irony of it all, she actually laughed a little, though part of her felt sick. "Make up your mind, would you?"

She rubbed her arms, finally looking up toward him again, though the fear remained in her eyes. Even with a decision mostly made, there would be a lot of cleanup, and the consequences, to her, were still terrifying. All the unsureness made her ill. "I'm sorry, Yuri. I should have explained things before I... panicked." She felt like an idiot now, and guilty for putting him through her mood swings.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:02 pm
Yuri smirked, fully aware of the irony of his statement.

"Yeah you're one to talk," he countered.

He then shrugged. "Hey it's your buisness. You don't have to tell me anything and you definitely don't have to apologize for it."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:21 pm
His smirk and counter made her feel just the slightest bit better; at least he wasn't too frustrated with her.

She nodded a little, accepting it, but not without the chill that came with it. At least he was letting her talk to him about it. It was better than writing it in her journal. Again. "You just got caught in the cross fire, and... I don't know. I just felt bad not explaining." Another, slightly embarrassed grin as she tried to joke a bit. "Especially after I dumped that curry on you..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:53 pm
Yuri just shrugged, "Yeah I'm really worried about that," he said sarcastically.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:06 pm
Pale cheeks flushed light pink as he shrugged it off, and she shook her head. "Still embarrassing, though..." she murmured, tucking her hair back.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:09 pm
"You just worry too much," Yuri pointed out in a flat tone.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:24 pm
"I was raised to worry, I think..." she admitted, half jokingly. "There are better things to worry about here, though..."

With that, she stood up, pushing her hair over her shoulder, and looked to him again. "You're, um... settled in, again, then?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:40 pm
"Yeah," Yuri said simply.

Repede stretched and yawned, glancing between the two humans with disinterest.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:22 pm
"Right," she nodded. "Okay. Um...good. I'm glad."

There really wasn't much to say, for now, and now feeling out of place, she put her scarf back around her neck. "I should... probably go..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:27 pm
"Okay..." He said though with a small frown.

"Just... Don't let them talk you into something you don't want to do."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces