Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:14 pm
He had rather been hoping for a song he knew, so he could check that she was singing and remembering it correctly, but at least this was letting him know she was still concentrating and staying awake, so it fit the purpose he supposed.

Lin frowned as he cast around for something to splint Dove's injury with, and then made his way back over, calling to Jeeves to come down for a moment and help secure it with his vines.
It wasn't a perfect job, but, he hoped, he was gentle enough and that it would hold out until rescue was to reach them.

"So, once this is done, I'll let Lovey have some herbs okay? That should make her feel a bit better and hopefully someone with a flying type will get here before too long and then you can both get properly treated... Uh, Jeeves, do you mind going back up again and keeping an eye out? Don't want to get crept up on by anything..." Especially a houndoom. Ick.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:22 pm
Dove stayed calm and still as he approached her with the intent to brace her arm, tensed with anticipation-- and icy numbness that she hoped somewhere in her head would ease the splinting itself. She continued to sing quietly her eyes closed, her head back and her face turned away from the arm, her movements restricted to only a nod in (mostly) understanding. Lovey would be okay soon, and Lin... Lin was amazing, putting forth effort for her.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:21 pm
"Alright this is... well. This is going to hurt. Sorry. I need to feel it to check I'm splinting this in the right place..."
The boy crouched and reached carefully, brow furrowed as he called up old snippets Ruff had taught him. Look for odd colour, feel for damage...
He was no doctor, but he would do the best he could with what he could remember...

"Uh. Hm. Right. Keep singing, but could you hold your arm still with your, um, free arm? Sorry, Dove, you need to let go of Lovey for just a moment, but I need you to help keep it still for me."
With wood and vines, he was ready to secure the splint, as long as she cooperated as best she could, while Jeeves was keeping a look out once more.
There was a cry of warning from Jeeves as he spotted something, but then signalled it was fine; nothing to worry about. He'd spotted a Sentret moving over the cold ground.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 pm
She nodded, knowing it wouldn't be pleasant, and that if she had to, she could guide him through it, step by step. That much would be easy enough, and Yuri's 'accident' in the woods had given her enough drive to pursue more in the way of medical attendance.

The very memory made her pause her song, consciously or not.

Taking a deep breath, she shakily moved to brace her arm (after more hesitation), her eyes opening to stare blankly at Lovey as if that alone would be the best alternative to a physical hold on her, though she started a bit at Jeeves' cry, flicking her gaze over her shoulder for Lin's sake. Her hand twitched a little as she attempted to move it with a small hiss, her wrist and forearm purple and blue beneath the drying blood.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:58 am
Lin paused and listened for a moment after Jeeve's warning, but relaxed as it seemed all clear.
He frowned though.
"Hey, don't stop singing now, you'll make me panic..." He cautioned, gently, and then started about lining up the wood, trying to be as gentle as possible as he secured the vines to keep the set in place, once done assessing what needed to be done... There was no way to make it less painful than they had already done, but he could, at least, be quick, and gentle -around- the splinting, though he had to be firm to set it in the first place.
"Sorry, sorry..." He muttered, a little through gritted teeth.

At least, once done, he could focus on Lovey; he felt that might put Dove a little more at ease.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:57 am
She muttered a soft apology, her eyes falling back to Lovey as she started to hum again, tiredly, closing her eyes once more. Lin seemed prepared to go about things... it would be fine, she guessed.

She ground her teeth hard as he finally moved to bind her arm, biting back sharp whines of pain though a few escaped her in the form of oddly high notes in her humming. Shaky breaths were taken and her body went tense as she shook her head at his apology. "I-It's okay... Th-Thank you..."

Lin... How could she have forgotten Lin...?  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:39 am
"Well done." He smiled, anxiously, stepping back a little after the splint was set.
He frowned at it, as if expecting it, or Dove's arm, to spontaneously... fall apart or something any moment after...

"Sorry about that but that... That should be the worst of it for now. Hopefully someone more... qualified will get here soon. How are you feeling right now? Apart from the arm. Thirsty, cold?" He asked, then turned his eyes to Lovey.
The boy reached into his pockets, finding the herbs he'd bought not all that long ago.
"I'd offer to let you do this... but you still need to keep your hand keeping that other arm still, okay?"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:55 pm
Again she shook her head lazily to dismiss his apology, her face pale as she continued to hum and the situation continued to finally sink in properly. Cold... yes, but better, now that someone else was there with her. "J-Just tired...th-thank you, Lin..." she managed, watching still as he dug in his pocket for something.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:24 am
"Yeah... Tired is... Tired's to be expected, but don't go to sleep okay? Keep humming that tune and try and remember all the notes right... I'm going to give this," He held up some green, but dry, herbs for her to see "to Lovey, okay? She's probably going to... uh... Well, this tastes /really bad/ but it will help her a lot."

Carefully, he crouched next to the Eevee, holding the medicine near to her muzzle, hoping she'd take it on her own, despite its unappetizing features.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:26 pm
"I-I won't... I promise I won't." She wouldn't give up now, not after he'd helped her like this. "Th-thank you, Lin..."

Lovey stayed motionless next to Dove and made barely a move to take the offered herbs, though she did offer a soft whine.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:12 am
"Don't worry about that; it's not like anyone'd just leave you out here." Lin muttered a little, frowning, worriedly, as Lovey didn't seem to be very enthusiastic at all.
"Come on Lovey... I know these taste like they ought to be coming out the other end of you, but they'll help so much, I promise you. Look, Dove just had her arm put into place and all that pain; you want to be as brave as her right and all you have to do is eat some of these nasty old things..."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:21 pm
Dove looked to Lin, then let her gaze fall, still fighting the needles of pain in her arm. She had almost let herself die and had barely put up any struggle at all. If he hadn't come along, she would have died, and it would have been her fault. Not that that would have been anything new, she thought, aside from the dying part. That would have been a whole new adventure...

She held her arm still, glancing to Lovey and listening as Lin encouraged Lovey to take the herbs. She shook her head a little, humming again, though her throat was tighter now. As brave as she had been-- she hadn't been brave at all...

Lovey, again, barely made a motion to take them, though she did attempt to, her muzzle and tongue nudging weakly at the boy's hand.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:36 pm
Whether he thought that Dove had been brave or not, Lin would likely have used the same words; his goal was to encourage the Eevee, and she felt the best bet would be to use the bond between her and her trainer.

Still, Dove was still conscious, and doing what he'd asked; that took some effort with the pain she had to be in, so perhaps he found it to be true in some measure at least.

"Good girl." He smiled as Lovey attempted to take the herbs. It wouldn't take much to help her, even just a little, until she could be properly treated.
"You two are going to be absolutely fine... As long as they," He referred to the emergency services he'd called "get here already... Taking their time a bit, aren't they?" In truth, it probably hadn't been all that long at all, but Lin was just worried.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:47 pm
Lin was a smart boy, it appeared, as the eevee did her best to do what their saviour was asking of her. Though the effects of the herbs were immediately clear, the taste certainly was as well as the eevee gagged, then shuddered, giving another whine as she forced herself to take the rest.

Dove nodded, shivering once more. It would be nice, she supposed, if--

Just as the words had left Lin's lips, the sound of wings could be heard and the rustling of trees, a pidgeot and its rider appearing not far from where they were.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:13 pm
... Well. He, uh, stood corrected? That was... a pretty convenient arrival. Oh well, who cared how they arrived, the fact was they were here and rather promptly and now Lovey, and Dove, would both get treatment that was much better than his hastily put together 'bush-craft' medicine.

"Good girl, Lovey." Lin praised again, before standing and turning to wave at the Pidgeot and rider, while Jeeves dashed down from the tree again, to stand next to his trainer. So many humans, and a giant bird... He could probably stand down from guard duty for now.

"There, look. You and Lovey are going to be back in the city in no time, and warm and properly fixed up... Those things travel really fast," He remembered, and was sure Dove already knew, but talking helped him relax a bit "So you'll be out of here in minutes."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff