Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:20 pm
The sound of someone coming from downstairs drew Rosie's attention, watching as her cousin finally freed himself from his work and approach the kitchen.
At Luke's caught and statement she looked over at him, blinking a couple of times before a more knowing awkward smile crossed her face lips.
Not that she could really condone calling someone a b***h, but his reaction to what Sera said was pretty funny.

"Mm.." She hummed with sudden recollection, reaching out to hand Rodney his rolls. "That's right, Sera had a falling out with her before we did." Rosie recalled. "It was about you too, Luke."

Rodney arched his eyebrow, glancing from Rosie to Luke and Sera, as someone would who had just walked in on the middle of a conversation.
"Falling out huh? Really Rosie?"
The blond blushed as if ashamed and looked down at the counter.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:28 pm
"But it's true," Sera finished Luke's sentence for him, pointing her empty chopsticks at him for emphasis. His comment about being out of the loop and the words that followed, however, brought plain surprise to her face, followed by a mild confusion and skepticism. "Seriously? ...like, really seriously? Do you not remember how awful she was to you before or something, because I remember that pretty damn well. And," she turned to Rosie with a light shake of her head as she picked up another piece of her sushi with her chopsticks, "'falling out' isn't the term I'd use, because that implies we were close or something to begin with. We weren't. She always gave me zero reasons to like her, but a crap ton of reasons to hate her, so." The brunette shrugged. It seemed like a very obvious thing to her; why would she ever like someone when she didn't have any reason to? Had negative reasons, even. It just didn't make any sense.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:47 am
He couldn't say he was particularly surprised to hear that Sera didn't like her - Sera wasn't exactly the friendly, accepting sort when it came to people she didn't already consider friends - but her outright disbelief at his response was puzzling. "What? When was this?" This was the first he was hearing about it and didn't even know exactly when or what 'it' was; it was kind of baffling.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:21 am
Rodney furrowed his brow and looked between them again, taking a seat and listening quietly as he started eating, intrigued.

"It was a while ago wasn't it? Right after we got you back from Grand Ile" Rosie said, looking from Luke to Sera to confirm it. "I don't remember what happened but I know Sera talked to her."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:31 pm
Okay, this was just weird. He of all people should have remembered, and yet he didn't, so clearly it was up to her to fix this. She nodded at Rosie as the blond spoke, then elaborated, "After we went to get you from your place in Grande Ile, when your father was being a jerk." She paused briefly, then amended her statement since his father kind of was always being a jerk, "When he wouldn't let you out. Anyway," the brunette went on, gesturing idly with her chopsticks, "remember that one time we talked in the park, and you told me about the talk you had with Dove? And all the things she did." She paused there for a few moments as she wracked her memory to try and recall as much as she could. It had angered her a great deal and thus stuck in her mind for quite some time, but that had been a long while ago now. "About when she read that letter, and was talking to you and I think apologizing or something," some bullshit that wasn't actually what happened, "and then it made you really upset again. D'you remember that?" Surely he must. There was no way he would forget that.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:45 pm
He listened to Sera's explanation, disconnected and confused until her words struck a memory. With an expression of sudden understanding, he raised and waved a hand in dismissal, "That wasn't her fault, though. I mean, you know how I was then - I was... in a really weird mood around that time. Saying that something upset me doesn't really say much." At that point, just waking up in the morning had been mildly upsetting; he knew that he had had some unpleasant experiences in Dove's company, but he didn't remember those experiences being specifically her fault.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:19 pm
Rosie kept quiet, putting a piece of sushi in her mouth and holding the tips of the chopsticks to her lips as she chewed lightly,
she didn't know the whole situation, so she wasn't sure how it had folded out.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:26 pm
Well at least he remembered, but he obviously didn't remember it as he should if he thought she was completely blameless. "So it wasn't her fault that she did s**t she had no business doing," she countered, then shook her head. "Nope, sorry, I don't think so. Did s**t she had no business doing, tried to make up for it later and only made it worse, and then lied about it - either directly or through omission - to try to cover her a**. You can't tell me her own decisions aren't her fault. Don't you remember all the things she said and did?" How could he think her blameless for her own actions? Maybe it was a result of his state of mind back then, but her being completely faultless... No, that wasn't something she could accept - or even stomach - at all.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:45 pm
Luke tucked his head down uncomfortably, holding his tongue from the inevitable excuse that she hadn't meant to do any harm - a direct contradiction to his earlier claim that innocent intentions didn't justify abhorrent results. "Okay, I get it," he ceded, "I'm terrible at judging if I've been treated badly."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:48 pm
"Mmm" Rosie hummed, swallowing the piece she had put in her mouth so she could talk. "well, I'm not really good at it either, so we've learned- so its understandable." She offered.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:06 pm
"Well," she started again, pointing her chopsticks at him, "lucky for you I judged it for you, because she treated you really bad. From what I remember, I think I got the impression she was trying to make up for it - like her behavior when she talked to you that one time could make up for the other time, except you probably wouldn't have even known that and so if it was, then it was just all for herself," the brunette theorized, her eyes narrowing a little as her thoughts went along. She remembered that Dove had behaved poorly at the hospital, but was overbearing the time after that. If it wasn't for Luke's sake - she couldn't imagine it was, since he had made it quite clear in his retelling that he'd been exceedingly uncomfortable, but then again Dove had proven she didn't understand other people well multiple times so maybe she was just too dumb to get whatever hints he had given her - or she'd just done it to make herself feel better about the time before. Actually, the more she thought about it, the more either sounded just as likely.

"Anyway, I dunno what she was thinking at the time, just that she was really awful about it. I remember she didn't tell you everything," Sera nodded to Rosie this time, "about when she saw Luke in the hospital." For some reason, it was easy to remember when someone was mean to one of her best friends - likely because they were, after all, her best friends.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:48 pm
"So is that what this... not-actually-a-falling-out falling out was about?" he hazarded, recalling mention of it earlier. "You talked to her about all this?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:53 pm
"Like I said before, I had to have liked her to have a falling out. I didn't like her, so it wasn't a falling out," she explained with a shrug. "And yeah, I talked to her about it. Uhh.." She paused with a light frown, trying to recall the time she'd called Dove out to speak with her before continuing, "I asked her about what all she'd said and done and she only answered with a couple things, so I told her all the s**t she did wrong but even though I spelled it out for her, I still don't think she got it. I just remember it really pissed me off that she messed with both of you and was completely shameless about it," the girl ended with a huff, angrily stuffing another piece of sushi into her mouth as the memories slowly came back in more detail the more she thought about it all.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:14 am
"I kind of wish I'd been told about this when it was still relevant," he said, a faintly perceptible frown in his features. He appreciated that Sera would get upset on his behalf and go out of her way to defend him, but in the first place it was a matter centered on himself, and it felt strange that, a year later, this was the first time he was hearing about it. He shrugged dismissively, "I guess it doesn't matter now, though... To be honest, though, I kind of get the feeling we should be envious of you - being able to tell it like it is like that." Although he had told Rosie that he worried about her inability to stand up for herself, it was increasingly obvious that he didn't exactly have that capacity either.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:43 am
"Well I thought you would've realized what she was was really shitty, considering everything," the brunette countered with her own frown. Really, it was so obvious - at least it was to her - so how could it not be obvious to Luke who it had happened to? She didn't really consider that the redhead might've been annoyed with her for speaking to someone on his behalf without ever mentioning it before or after.

His statement about envy though gave her pause, her eyebrows raising a little in surprise. She didn't really know what to say to that though. 'No you shouldn't be envious' because why not? There wasn't really a reason she could think of for something she'd never considered before.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff