Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:50 pm
Rosie paused seeming to think about what he said then shook her head "That doesn't make any sense though... What you just said."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:53 pm
"Sorry," he replied, his posture falling defeatedly, "what part?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:56 pm
"You've barely been working there not even a month, and for a week of that you were recovering. If the things you're doing is as easy as he's claiming them to be, then why isn't he just teaching you, instead of using that time to talk about you behind your back?" She asked a little bewildered.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:02 pm
"Everyone there is always busy, so I'd guess that he doesn't have the time," he hazarded, fairly certain in the reasoning. "It's not an entry-level position... The fact that I'm there should mean that I know what I'm doing. But for some reason, Father thought it would be a 'good introduction,' so now all the people subordinate to me know my job better than I do. I'm really not qualified at all... Beaumont's right; the only reason I got a nomination was because of my family status."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:19 am
"But... wait, no, that's not how it works." She pointed out, shifting her weight onto one boot. "You didn't ask for this, it was literally forced on you, how do they expect you to do a job that you've never been trained to do before? And if he's really supposed to be your supervisor then he's not doing his job in teaching you, or even pointing you in the right direction so you can learn yourself, not letting you drown after barely a couple of weeks." again she just sounded utterly baffled by this situation, "Its... basics."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:29 am
"They didn't ask for it either," he shrugged halfheartedly, then shook his head and offered further explanation, "It's not like he was appointed to supervise me, or even to teach me - we're supposed to be equals. The fact that I have the title 'Ambassador' means that I should be able to do what's expected of an ambassador. It's not his fault that I can't, and it's not his responsibility to make it so I can." He drew his shoulders up slightly, his gaze falling, "Granted I don't think they have the best attitude about it... I know how poorly I'm doing without the constant passive aggression and disrespect, but..."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:44 am
"That still not how it works..." She repeated. "Why did you get this job if they're not even going to teach it to you?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 am
He rubbed idly at his wrist, "I guess Father misjudged what the position would be like... or misjudged how much I know about politics." He did understand a fair bit about diplomacy and foreign policy, but nothing he had ever read could have prepared him for the kind of paperwork he was presented with daily. It was far from the introductory position his father had made it out to be.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:06 pm
"Oh... maybe you should talk to someone then? If they're really not going to help you, then maybe there are some classes you can take, we do live right by the university." She offered, tilting her head.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:24 pm
"Maybe if I had the time to start from square one and be a full-time student, but putting classes on top of this dumb job and pokemon training and keeping up with swords and firearms and overall fitness and trying to maintain some semblance of a social life and sleeping patterns is... ugh." He passed a hand over his forehead and through his hair with a faint sigh. "Drowning is right," he said, borrowing the word Rosie earlier employed. "I don't know what I'm supposed to do."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:30 pm
putting it that way she nodded lightly, lowering her gaze to give it a little more thought.
This wasn't right, in no way was this right, and she was shocked with the behavior of these people he worked with that would gladly throw Luke to the wolves and turn the other way.
It wasn't a secret that he didn't like this job anyway, "Maybe you should do something else then." She brought up after a moment. "Or something... if you really want to stay then I think really you're going to have to talk to someone, and maybe they'll be more understanding if you explain that you were forced into this position, and you need help."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:17 pm
Do something else - of course there were other lines of work for which he would be more suited and more capable of learning, but quitting...? "I don't know." He ran a hand through his hair, shaking his head briefly. "I'll... think about it later, I guess. I think I'd rather not think too much about work on a day off." They'd come out to train, after all; he'd already taken enough time away from that.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out