[FIN] Things That Are New Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:48 am
Fifteen, nearly sixteen. Ugh. Well there was no changing any of that now was there? He could only try to watch out for her, as he did the others.

"Da means yes," Dith replied with a flash of a smile, "as for training... uh... well I suppose there are two answers to that. Viktor and I entered some small tournaments when we were young but for a long time we did nothing after that. Really I suppose you could say that I've been training for three years for most of my team, but Viktor... well, on and off for forty one.... Although technically Zla was trained for a long time before he came to me, he is much older than I am. My father caught him as a ghastly when he was near your age so that was a while ago now! Eheh."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:44 am
"'Da means yes...'" Henrietta repeated, committing the word to memory "Cool! Man, it must be really cool to speak more than one language!"

Her eyes widened as Dith described how 'long' in increments he, and his pokémon, had been training for.
"Forty one?! Man, that's like! Nearly fifty, right?! You totally must be like a -master- by now! That's awesome!" Her eyes widened further- nearly in danger of cartoonishly popping from her head as he described just how long ago Zla had started his training.
"Man! I bet you win all your battles! We're totally gonna end that streak today though! We're really good even if we haven't been training for a hundred years!" Henrietta grinned.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:50 am
Dith laughed and shook his head; "We hardly trained non-stop! Like I say, Viktor and I didn't battle much at all for many years; we started again when we going around the league regions, before we settled here. As for Zla, he was always more of a ah... a utility pokemon I guess you could say? My father did not battle with him so very much." Rather he had used the ghost type in many less than legal ventures under the Soviet regime.

"As for speaking two languages, I think it's pretty cool! I mean it's certainly useful," he could generally swear and nobody around him would know it, "though sometimes I find I can't find the word I want in English. I think that happens to everyone though, it's called... eh, I think lethologica or something? The state of not being able to remember the word you want." Jack had told him that, a long time ago now. His old friend came less to mind now than he had once but when he did, Dith worried more. The possibility, probability that he was a Rocket... and he still hadn't told anyone. He probably should.

"Anyway," Dith shook himself and grinned down at Hen, "I can't say I win all of my battles, we'll just have to wait and see who comes out on top here, right?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:56 am
"I bet you're still real good at it! We'll still win though!" Hen' grinned and skipped a little as they walked.
"Man, could you teach me some Russian? That would be totally awesome to learn some! I dunno about words like that, even if they are English... I never heard of it! I'd totally love to talk in a totally different language though! That would be /so/ /so/ cool! What's a 'Yoo-literary' Pokémon?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:23 pm
So much enthusiasm. So much! It was irrefutably totally adorable.

"Sure, I can teach you some Russian," Dith agreed with an easy grin, "and a utility pokemon is uh... like one that you mostly use for transport, or like Machoke working in construction... or like Zla floating through walls that people would prefer he did not float through. It's okay!" he quickly raised his hands in pre-emptive defence, "it was all very moral, though not legal. And a long time ago and far away too, and also it wasn't me giving the instructions to him.... Humm, are these the training rooms here?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:12 am
"AWESOME!" Henrietta beamed, and immediately had to make a gesture of apology to a trainer and driflim that she'd managed to startle.
"Oh, man! I'll be an awesome student and then we can totally talk in Russian and stuff!"

She considered the idea of 'utility pokémon' and came to a simplistic conclusion.
"So it's like a pokémon with a job? That's pretty cool! Yeah!, These are them!" She didn't seem -so- concerned about legality, or the lack of regarding past pokémon deeds; she was pretty certain Dith wasn't a rocket, after all, and they were the 'bad guys'.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:31 pm
Dith shrugged, rather relieved that Hen didn't seem worried about the whole legality thing. "Yes, I guess you could say so," he agreed. "And I have no doubt you will be," he added with a smile and a little nod, "it's hard to learn a whole new language but if you stick at it I'm sure you'll do well!... Ah, here?" Dith paused outside a door with a 'vacant' sign and cautiously pushed it open to reveal a fair sized training room. "Uh, do we just go in or...?" he shrugged again. "Well, I don't see anyone around so I guess we do. This one look okay to you?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:56 pm
"Da!" Henrietta replied, with a grin, as they reached the training room.
"Yeah, pretty much! Then the room knows we're using it and stuff, and people can watch if they want to!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:48 pm
"Hu, that's cool," Dith grinned, stepping further into the open space and turning as he walked with his head lifted to inspect the ceiling too. "No wonder it took a little while to get down here, it's big!" He'd never really trained inside before, always outdoors. "It will be nice not to have the possibility of being rained on," he concluded with a little 'heh' of laughter as he turned back to Hen again.

"So, how do you want to do this then? How many pokemon do you have with you?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:57 pm
"I kinda like the rain!" Henrietta grinned, but nodded. "It does kinda make the playing field fairer if water types don't have the luck of a sudden downpour though!" The girl was very happy about being able to battle, and, apparently, keen to show off that she wasn't really dumb all the time.

"I got 5 on me! I brought alla them!" She bounced a little. "I don't mind! I can do -any- kinda battle!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:03 pm
"Okay," Dith nodded, "well I have six with me. How about I have Viktor sit out?" He had been training most of the others as hard as time allowed but they still hadn't caught up to his partner in strength, they'd probably be a fairer match for relatively inexperienced Hen. "We could just have a free for all?" the big man continued with a little shrug. "I don't mind! One on one is more organized of course, you can concentrate on an individual, but if you ever find yourself in trouble you'll want your whole team out probably so being able to get them to work together is important." Most often he practised the latter, pitting his own pokemon against on another or - preferably - any opponent he could corner into it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:08 pm
"Yeah! Totally! A free for all sounds totally cool!" Henrietta bounced again. This would be really really cool; mostly she got to do one on one, too, but free for all would be so much fun!

"You can totally use six if you wanna! I don't mind! I could totally rely on my five to take on six!" She was confident, at least...  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:22 pm
"Uh," Dith looked down at Viktor, who looked up at him. "I think I will let him sit out; he was working out with me this morning, I should give him a break." Viktor hadn't done more than jog on the treadmill next to his crosstrainer for a while but it was still true.

"Well then, shall we?" Grinning to Hen Dith fetched out his pokeballs and released their occupants thus revealing a black Haunter splattered menacingly with red, a lithe Liepard with a Meowth's colouring, a purple Espeon with a pattern of stars on her hindquarters, a truly huge Rapidash with a build like her trainer's, and finally a little Eevee with bright blue fur and a pattern that called to mind sunlit water. "Be kind to the little Eevee, eh? I have only just started her training." Dith smiled, looking down at the little creature. Since her brother had been stolen he hadn't let her out much; he knew it wasn't logical, he knew he should do more with her but... well it was hard, and Luna being aloof with her didn't help matters either.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:55 pm
The little blue eevee chirruped happily and stretched...
Ooh! Ooh!
She was out! And there were interesting things around! And pokémon! And, OMA, this was a battle area! She was going to get to battle!

Henrietta grinned.
"Hey, I gotta Eevee I just started properly training too! That's awesome!" And thus, the first pokémon, beyond Gummy, to materialise happened to be a little, -almost- usual looking Eevee; Fluffster; with little zig-zag markings upon her face.
She was quickly followed by a Zubat and a Swablu; both normal in colour and marking... and lastly, almost pride of place- Henrietta was certainly excited beyond even her usual- a Snorlax; huge and 'shiny' colouration.
"This is Fluffster, Winglet, Bistra, and Bub! Bub's a Snowlax! They all work real well with Gummy!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:03 pm
Yep, definitely bigger than him. Dith let out a low whistle as the Snorlax appeared. "Impressive!" No lie there, and it looked as though it was a shiny? He wasn't too hot on all of the kinds of pokemon if he was honest, or all of their colours, but Snorlax was one he was familiar with at least to some extent.

Luna watched the antics of her offspring quietly, indifferently almost. It wasn't that she had anything against the children just... just she had never really bonded with any of them. Was not a mother supposed to love her children above all else? Was there something wrong with her?

Letting out a friendly purr Teazer padded forwards to rub against her friend.

Dith wasn't sure what had just passed between his pokemon but it was still a great relief to see Teazer and Luna being friendly with one another, there had been a time when he'd thought neither would bond with anyone at all. "Ah, yes, introductions though!" That was important! "These are Zla, Rumpleteazer - Teazer, Luna, Dolly and... honestly the little ones doesn't yet have a name. I've been trying to think of something to suit her, trying things out a bit, but I am not really the best with naming and... well, I am sure something will come to me eventually!" She really was adorable and needed to be out more, and with people and pokemon with the time and energy to play with her! Much as he wished it otherwise he didn't really have that time and he didn't see that changing in the near future.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff