Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Questing: Complete Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like it?
  Yes!
  Eh.
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Icklekins

I know entirely too well how the gaming industry works - and yes, Gaia counts as a gaming company.

The fact that the feature has yet to come out means that it will likely never come out. Dev time is spent working on more important features that will monetize, such as the new animal buttons in the shops, or the event fight mechanisms.

Rearranging an inventory won't monetize and is merely a flashy extra for a feature that already works as is, even if lots and lots of users want it.

*sigh*

I cant speak for the gaming industry, but I do follow gaia obsessively hense knowing pretty much all the staff with gaia accounts. And what they are doing/working on when they can share without breaking NDA.

Indeed Narumi said back in sept

"This biggest change between then and now is that all projects going forward must earn their production cost. This is nothing new in the world of business but is new to Gaia. This does not mean you won't be able to do anything without gcash, it does mean that you should expect most projects to have some gcash element to them."

With things like the arranger, and loyalty shop those are projects which make covering the development cost kind of hard. But yeah with the Dev team down to bones expect most things to be futher delayed than expected. And arranger was already expected to possibly be another year or so. It is very low priority.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:22 am
Sagebomb
I cant speak for the gaming industry, but I do follow gaia obsessively hense knowing pretty much all the staff with gaia accounts. And what they are doing/working on when they can share without breaking NDA.

"This biggest change between then and now is that all projects going forward must earn their production cost. This is nothing new in the world of business but is new to Gaia. This does not mean you won't be able to do anything without gcash, it does mean that you should expect most projects to have some gcash element to them."

With things like the arranger, and loyalty shop those are projects which make covering the development cost kind of hard. But yeah with the Dev team down to bones expect most things to be futher delayed than expected. And arranger was already expected to possibly be another year or so. It is very low priority.

I kinda like that I don't need to follow the staff to know how they work, lol.

In all seriousness, though, they're a for-profit company. Free things (like zOMG) are just a drain on their resources without anything to show for it. That then becomes a waste of time.

My guess is a few people will leave because of the "cash-only" elements, despite many of those items appearing on the market place for gold later on. To be honest, the cash/gold market here is probably one of the best out there, even though some cash items are ridiculously expensive when turned around for gold.

Eh, I could speculate on this kind of thing all day. I admit, I miss working for game makers. They have a certain zeal to them.  

Icklekins

Winter Warrior

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:45 pm
Icklekins
Sagebomb

I kinda like that I don't need to follow the staff to know how they work, lol.

In all seriousness, though, they're a for-profit company. Free things (like zOMG) are just a drain on their resources without anything to show for it. That then becomes a waste of time.

My guess is a few people will leave because of the "cash-only" elements, despite many of those items appearing on the market place for gold later on. To be honest, the cash/gold market here is probably one of the best out there, even though some cash items are ridiculously expensive when turned around for gold.

Eh, I could speculate on this kind of thing all day. I admit, I miss working for game makers. They have a certain zeal to them.

zOMG was a mistake from the start because it wasnt built to make money. HoC could have been great and had a pretty awesome build if they actually marketed it.

I understand about costs, and income needs, staff management and gaias history specific to gaming, economics, special advisors etc. Gaia has given up on social gaming now though. (Specifically, the team was disbanded).

It will be interesting to see which direction gaia goes in. Especially when the 18+ site is released.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff