Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:34 pm
Nate gave a long hum. "Then it sounds like you are thinking too much." He shrugged, frowning slightly. "You know, if they're not acting any different, and you start acting different just because it seems like it should be different - even though it's actually the same - don't you think that might kind of make them unhappy? I mean, Rosie..." He waved a hand. "That's the chick who planned your whole birthday party, right? So you're probably an important friend to her... so she'd probably be kinda upset if you suddenly started treating her differently for no apparent reason."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:22 pm
"Yeah, I think so," she sighed as she ran her hand through her hair. Hearing him point out something she hadn't even considered, though, made her suddenly feel like kind of a huge jerk. "Yeah..." Man, now she just felt like a b***h. "It's just like..." She floundered a little, trying to think of a way to explain it that made any sort of sense. "Like you've been so used to people all doing one thing, and then all of a sudden someone else comes along that's completely the opposite and challenges everything you were ever used to and acts like it's totally normal so it's like 'whoa, where did this come from, what is this, I am so confused' or something," she said, complete with vague gestures. "So I guess I've just been kind of... confused? I dunno, I guess it just takes me a while to get used to things."

It also took her a while to realize she had mostly been speaking to herself there, and after the realization struck her she shifted a little awkwardly in her seat and decided to switch to something else. "Actually, I was thinking of maybe trying to plan one for Rosie, but I dunno," she started more uncertainly than she would have twenty minutes or so previously. He'd already made her question herself more than once so far.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:51 pm
"Well," he gave half a shrug, "you really just gotta be careful about that sort of thing. Knowing a person's group doesn't usually mean knowing the person. Sometimes you just gotta shrug it off like 'well ********, guess I was wrong!' And then you go from there. You know? Expect the unexpected or whatever."

He tilted his head slightly at the consideration, "But you dunno... what? Don't want to repeat what she did for yours or something?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:04 pm
Well, it wasn't as if she hadn't been wrong before - about a lot of things, even - so she nodded her head in agreement. She'd been wrong about the friendships she'd had in high school, she'd been wrong about her entire way of thinking up until two summers ago, she'd been wrong about thinking nothing could get any worse, and she'd been wrong when she thought things would stop changing all of a sudden. What would it hurt for her to be wrong about something else?

Luckily she could switch to the topic of parties, or perhaps unluckily; if she'd been wrong before, who was to say she wasn't wrong about this too? "No, the party she planned for me was awesome," she said with a shake of her head, "but I just.. didn't know if she and Luke were gonna do stuff with just the two of them."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:09 pm
"Eeeehh I mean I understand wanting to keep a surprise party a surprise, but you can't just assume," he wiggled his fingers for emphasis, "that they're doing something and be like 'welp, oh well,' right? I mean, at least double check to make sure they actually have plans before you give up because of plans that they may or may not have." Another shrug. It wasn't really any of his business anyway; he was barely even cursorily acquainted with these people.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:17 pm
And now she felt bad for assuming they would be busy and that she shouldn't bother trying to plan anything for them. Man, she just felt bad all around half the time, but she couldn't help but figure it was all her fault anyway. They weren't doing anything to her, so it had to just be all in her head. "Yeah, no, you're right," she ceded with a sigh, leaning back to push her hand over her face and into her hair, "and I feel really dumb." Not that that was any different from usual half the time, though.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:35 pm
"Weeeeell." He set his elbows on his knees, resting his chin on the heels of his palms and cupping his hands around either side of his jaw. "Whaddya gonna do about it?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:39 pm
She watched him shift his posture as he asked her intentions, though really there was only one thing she could do. Her response came as a hum that continued while she pulled out her phone and pulled up Luke on her contacts. She paused there, debating whether to call or text him, before she decided on the latter and began deftly typing out a message with her thumb.

Luke quick what are you and Rosie doing for her bday

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:43 pm
Before too long, Sera, her actions scrutinized by Nate, would receive her reply: no specific plans at the moment I think  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:45 pm
Grateful for his quick reply, she eagerly tapped out her own response: cool because I wanna plan a surprise party for her

It wouldn't be too long before Luke received a second text: I have no idea what I should do to plan a surprise party for her, so you're gonna help

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:53 pm
The next response came after a bit longer: I really don't think I would be much help, I don't know anything about it either  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:57 pm
It was times like these she really missed the use of both her hands, as typing with just one thumb, as used to it as she had become, was still slower and more cumbersome than using two, and she frowned and stuck her tongue out as she continued: good then we can both know not much about it together and it will be twice as good, meet me at my place in 15  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:00 pm
I can try to help, but don't you think we should maybe try to ask Dith? or anyone who has any knowledge or experience at all with this kind of thing?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:05 pm
pff no way. see you in 15 okay cool

That done, Sera dropped her phone into her lap with a flourish. "Guess who's gonna plan a surprise party."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:57 am
Nate raised an eyebrow, wearing a mild amusement in his expression. "Aaaand what's your deadline on this?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff