Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:12 pm
"Well, at this time specifically, most of our new officers would probably be given intel assignments, but it's not as though we have a distinct intelligence division that we're trying to staff," she said. "We try to give out assignments based on our individual aptitude, though. If an officer doesn't perform well in intel, we'll find something else for them."

She hummed thoughtfully, "Move around, mostly. Actual conflicts are very rare, but there seems to be a great deal of movement. Unfortunately there isn't much I'm at liberty to say to civilians, but we are investigating a few different suspicions."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:12 pm
The woman stayed quiet for a few moments, mulling over the information from the conversation thus far. "So... How broad of a range of people are you looking for? Actually, I guess... How can I help would be a better question..." she posed gently, an earnestly in her features. "I shoot well, and I've got basic rescue training. My team is strong-- I mean, we're still training every day, and there's room for improvement, but they'll do anything I ask of them, and then some."

Another pause as Trill looked up at her from her lap. Movement...Her brow furrowed. "There's nothing I'd like to witness more in Kodo than Rocket disbanding. Sounds to me like they're desperate to rebuild..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:36 pm
She tilted her head just slightly. "We're severely understaffed at the moment, so we wouldn't turn away anyone willing, especially not someone with confidence in working with pokemon, since it's difficult to train a person in that kind of skill," she explained. "I do, however, give the same warning to everyone who expresses interest in joining Special Ops: If you have any doubt in your heart, this isn't the place for you. In front of the enemy isn't the place you want to discover that you don't have the force of will to do what needs to be done. Each of our recruits is trained to have the skills necessary to confront the situations we handle, but courage and resolve aren't skills someone can be taught."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:34 pm
A few beats passed as Dove mulled over the information, her face unreadable and her eyes on the pokemon in her lap. "There's no doubt in my mind that I want to help; I'm just not sure where I would be most useful, and this seemed to be the most direct way..." she explained quietly, lifting her gaze back to the commander in front of her. "All new recruits go through a training program, right? Does that include volunteers?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:20 pm
Petra watched her company's apparent consideration with an expression that was just faintly inquisitive, nodding once, slowly, at the question that was posed. "Officer hopefuls go through training not only to make sure they're physically capable but also to teach them about various procedures attached to the job. Volunteers don't have a training period of any length, but they are required to pass the same physical assessment we give to recruits."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:16 pm
Another beat or two passed. "Can volunteers go through the same training?" She shook her head, then sighed, offering a small smile. "Like I said, I know I want to help, and I want to be as prepared as I possibly can be, but I don't know that committing the majority of my time to becoming a full fledged officer would be best for anyone."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:00 pm
She blinked briefly, frowning in thought. "I don't believe we have any policies specifically disallowing it, but I wouldn't encourage it. To be honest, it would almost assuredly be a complete waste of time and resources for everyone," she said. "Officer training involves things like how to write and submit reports, protocol for conducting investigations, how to announce a citizen's arrest, how to transport an arrested suspect... things volunteers would never have to worry about. Volunteers are... you know, like when we assembled volunteers to respond to the situation in the desert." She raised a finger lightly in punctuation. "When there's a major incident that requires more manpower than we have officers, registered volunteers receive a notice that their services are needed, and they're put into teams alongside at least one trained officer - usually two, but sometimes three or more, depending on circumstances. If it helps, you can think of it as a sort of hierarchy: Volunteers act according to the direction of the officers on site. Officer training will not better prepare you for the kinds of things volunteers do."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:36 pm
"Oh--" she blinked in return, shaking her head with a slightly embarrassed laugh, lifting her good hand to tuck back her hair from her face. "I guess that makes sense...I'm sorry, I don't know what I was imagining." Another long moment of thought, a clarity returning to her features. "Where can I get an application? ...Just in case."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:55 pm
Petra dismissed the need for an apology with a smile, giving her response, "We have some at the front desk, actually. Or, if you don't want to carry it around today, you can also pick one up at the trainer center or pokemon center."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:32 pm
A smile, and a nod. "Thank you. I'll pick one up on the way out," she told the woman, shifting in her seat as if about to finally leave and let her get back to her work. However, when she moved, it shifted the cyndaquil in her lap, and she paused, meeting the little one's eyes for a moment before she looked to Petra again. "This... may seem a little random, but Special Operations doesn't have any...rules against the type of pokemon used, right?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:07 pm
"...That's a somewhat suspicious question, if you'll forgive me for saying so," Petra replied, her eyebrows lightly raised. "May I ask what you mean specifically?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:15 pm
"Sorry," she apologized quickly, shaking her head. "I--um."

She had talked to Alder before. He had been okay with things.

"I have a mew..." she admitted, her cheeks turning pink. "I was warned when I first got it that it might not be best for it to be out and about, but recently, there have been more and more. I know that's not exactly great news, but I just wanted to know if the league would oppose using one publicly..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:26 pm
Petra nodded her understanding, leaning back in her seat. "You were most likely warned against having it visible in public to avoid drawing unwanted attention. As long as the pokemon is accompanying you voluntarily and isn't being used for criminal purposes, there's no ground for any kind of formal complaint."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:30 pm
As if to prove to Petra that it was, indeed, willing, the cyndaquil in Dove's arms wiggled closer to the girl, its large eyes blinking at the commander. "Quiiiiiiilll!"

"I see...Alright, then." Dove nodded in relief and understanding, stroking the pokemon's back with a casted hand, then extended the other toward Petra. "Thank you again for talking with me."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:54 pm
She smiled at the pokemon as it looked to her, returning her attention to her visitor at the words that followed and reaching to receive the offered hand. "Of course. Thank you for your interest, and don't hesitate to stop by again if there's anything else I can help with."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff