Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Unwanted Fate: Return of Evil {Elphy/Dragon} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:11 pm
User Image

๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ช "๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ต" ๐“’๐“ป๐“ช๐”€๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ญ

I starred down at my fingers wondering why my magic wasn't work. Without it, I felt weak, a little dizzy and I was randomly craving nachos. Of all things to crave at a time like this, it was nachos. But that wasn't the point. The thunder seemed to be getting louder and louder. If we were going to sleep under the alcove there would be no way I would be able to get any shut eye. Not to mention, I couldn't go from sleeping on a bed so soft it felt like a cloud to sleeping on a hard piece of stone. We couldn't be here. We had to find a better shelter.

Sky's words were a little comforting. Somehow, I doubted getting my powers back. They were gone and I didn't know why. But I was going to find out......or Sky was going to find out. When he called my attention, I looked out as if someone was out there. I needed to arm myself but.....a barrier? Impossible. Then again, nothing was really impossible when it came to magic.

He asked me to watch so I did, not really expecting anything but then I saw it. It was a glimmer of hope. But could I walk in this rain? I really didn't want Sky to carry me again. I gave a sigh of relief. I was going to get my magic back. We were saved. I wasn't much of a camper without my magic. No sorcerer was ever crazy enough to not use any magic while camping. Not many sorcerers went camping anyway.

"Good, cause this no magic thing is really getting to me." I tried to stand up but my knees buckled under me. My body was too weak. I supposed it was because of the shock of not having any magic whatsoever. Perfect. I slowly got up and braced myself against the stone wall. "The sooner we get on the other side of the barrier, the better."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Magic is my true color"

โ˜†โ€ข.ยธยธ.โ€ขยดยฏ`โ€ข.ยธยธ.โ˜†

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:12 pm
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

I'm at war with the world and they
      Try to pull me into the dark
      I struggle to find my faith
      As I'm slippin' from your arms

It's getting harder to stay awake
      And my strength is fading fast
      You breathe into me at last

Sky watched as Mel struggled to rise to her feet. She seemed to be getting weaker. Was that possible? It didn't make sense, was her body so dependent on magic that without it, it was failing? What if they were stuck her for days? Would she survive? He had never heard of anything like this happening to other spellcasters, but then again, Mel was one of the most powerful. So it could stand to reason that lose of so much power would have serious physical ramifications. "You'll hate me for this, but I'm gonna carry you. Don't fight me on it, you can barely stand up." Sky says, his eyes and voice intense, inviting no argument.

Without another word, he quickly swung Mel around and onto his back. It would be easier on his arms this way, and if he had to, it would be less awkward to run. "Get ready, that water's cold." and with that, they plunged back into the rain. The cold water taking his breath away, it was like shards of ice hitting him a hundred times a second. Lightning flashed again, followed immediately by thunder. The force of the noise vibrating through Sky's entire body. As Sky made his way through the yard between the walls of the castle, lightning struck again, followed by thunder. As the thunder faded away, Sky felt something tug on body. But it wasn't physical, more like a vacuum on his legs. As he struggled more, the force became stronger. Then the chanting started, and all thought left Sky's mind. He turned around without warning, and headed back to the castle, walking in a different direction.

He came around to a hole in the wall of the building and without stopping, entered the keep. It was like he was on autopilot, or being controlled by an exterior force. The inside of the keep was completely dark, but somehow Sky moved through the halls and rooms without pause, dodging items on the ground, ducking when he couldn't pass upright, and otherwise avoiding obstacles without hesitation. All the while, the chanting only Sky could hear became louder the father into the castle they went. Finally after navigating through an labyrinth, Sky stopped in a pitch black chamber.

A moment later, flames erupted along the walls, set into the walls by torches. Before them stood two enormous doors. They stood at least thirty feet high. They were made out of some time of black stone, and millions of smalls runes covered every single inch of their surface. From the far upper corner of each door, a giant black chain stretched down diagonally to attach to the opposite bottom corner of the other door, crossing each other in the middle.

Sky dropped Mel unceremoniously to the floor and approached the two doors. Still on autopilot. Sky reached up, and laid each hand on a single door. At the touch, the runes began to glow a faint red color, which grew stronger as more runes began to glow. Once every single rune had lit up, the ground began to rumble, and the doors began to slide apart. The slack in the chains was lost, and soon the doors were struggling to continue their movement. Moments passed, then a horrible screeching sound was made as the chains tore apart and the doors continued to move, opening up completely. Beyond them was a dark passageway. Sky turned and walked over to the wall and grabbed a torch from its holder, then walked back to the passage way and into the darkness, never even acknowledging Mel once.

I'm at war with the world cause I
Ain't never gonna sell my soul
I've already made up my mind
No matter what I can't be bought or sold

When my faith is getting weak
And I feel like giving in
You breathe into me again

elphy_and_fiyero

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:06 am
User Image

This was not where I imagined myself to be when I woke up this morning. This would definitely not be in the cards. This felt barbaric as Sky carried me on his shoulders. I wanted to fight but I refrained myself. If I were in his shoes, I would have done the same thing. Plus, it wouldn't have been for very long. Soon I would get my magic back. Then all would be back to where it was supposed to be......or so I thought.

As the rain poured harder, it was hard to see anything. It was amazing how Sky knew where he was going. Then again, the magic boarder wasn't really that small. The closer we got the more excited I became. But that excitement was soon torn from me. Sky turned around and I could see the barrier getting farther and farther away.
"Sky! What are you doing?! It's right there!" He wasn't listening. If this was some kind of game, he would pay for it later.

I started kicking and punching his body for him to let me go. He didn't even flinch. Something else was wrong. Every time I tried jumping off of him, I couldn't move off of his shoulders. I was stuck. Impossible. This wasn't happening. My day was not getting worse by the second. I absolutely refused to believe that.

But it was. Someone, or something, had to be controlling Sky. That was the only thing I could thing.
"Sky, listen to me." I knew this wasn't going to work but I had to try. "You're under a spell or something. Fight it, Sky. Fight it!" Still nothing. When he put me down I thought he actually did fight it. But I was wrong. Sky walked right past me as if I didn't even exist. I had to follow him. With every strength I could muster, I stood up and slowly walked with him. All I had to do was follow the light. Easy right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Magic is my true color"

โ˜†ยท.ยธยธ.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยธยธ.โ˜†

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:44 pm
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

The passageway that went past the doors was pretty simple actually, it was only about a quarter mile long, sloping downward at a moderate incline and was straight as an arrow. No traps were sprung, no dangers were had. At the end of the passageway, the path led to a very narrow ledge the jutted out into the distance. On either side was darkness, no way to tell how far down the drop was. Sky started walking on this ledge, never looking down, never hesitating or loosing his balance. In the distance, another source of light could be seen, like a far away fire.

As Sky got closer, more distinction became apparent. The ledge led to an "island" of stone, the only way to reach it was the ledge Sky was walking on, otherwise the island was surrounded by the same nothingness that called to Sky from the darkness below, whispering for him to fall. On the island stood a square pillar. It was made from the same black rock the doors had been made from, and tiny runes could be seen etched into the surface. The top of the pillar couldn't be seen, nor could the ceiling of the chamber they were in, either it was too far away, or it was to dark to reflect the light of the torch. Finally, Sky set foot on the island, the chanting in his head had been increasing in strength the closer he got.

The pillar on closer inspection was hollow, for you could see into from a single slot that had been uncovered by the stone. Inside, something was swirling around, moving this way and that. It looked like fire, but it didn't at the same time. "Noxom Omna Ha'trak Sqau Narx The chant repeated over and over, its power vibrating through Sky's skull like thunder. Pulled forward, Sky dropped the torch to the ground and lifted his hand. At the pillar now, Sky hesitantly put his hand through the slit in the pillar. A horrible burning sensation erupted over his body and Sky screamed.

The chanting was gone. He was himself again. Sky looked around, where was he? Where was Mel. His hand hurt, why did it feel like he stuck it in fire for five minutes? His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of breaking stone, and Sky looked around to see the pillar had begun to crack. A huge crack had broken out from the bottom of the pillar and went up further than he could see. Red light erupted from the crack, and soon thousands of other cracks erupted from the first one. Sky backed up from where he was standing and felt his heart beginning to speed up with panic. With a final report of breaking rock, the pillar exploded. Sky screamed, covering his head with his arms and ducking. Nothing hit him, but a bright light shone through his eye lids and Sky looked up.

High above him, a dragon made of different colored fire flew through the air. It roared and a blast of wind exploded through the cavern, the force of which picked Sky up and almost threw him off the island, but he managed to grab onto a large boulder just in time. The thing was huge, and it filled Sky was terror. The dragon roared again, the sound thundering through the cavern like thunder storm come to life. The beast circled over the island, then dived straight down. Right at Sky. He couldn't do anything except watch his own death approach.

The monster slammed into him, and Sky screamed. The pain was excruciating. Why didn't he die? As the pain increased, he felt his body becoming hot, filling from the inside out. It was like his organs were overheating. Liquid fire poured down his veins, surging through every inch, every nerve ending, every cell of his being. Surely he would die now. Then when it felt like he was about to explode from the force contained within him, he lifted his head to scream, but instead of a scream, a roar escaped his mouth. Then the power faded away having been absorbed into Sky, leaving his body tingling and smoking. Sky's body twitched without his commands, his heart and chest heaving will his eyes tried to focus.

elphy_and_fiyero

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:25 pm
User Image

My head was spinning. I was falling and fast. But I had to get to Sky. I had to find out who was doing this. If only I could throw something at sky to break him out of this......whatever it was. He had to be under a spell. He just had to be. A lifetime of friendship was not going down the drain in a split second like it was going to. No. Someone was controlling him."Sky!" I shouted again but still I was being ignored. Sky walked across this very thin walkway. Looking down was a big mistake. With the way my energy was going there was no way I would make it.

Sky made it to the island while I stood on the opposite side of the ledge, helpless. I put my hand out, to try again.
"Venit scopa!" I shouted trying to, at least, get a hold of my broom but still nothing. No burning in my chest or any inclination that I had magic again. My energy was getting weaker. Crossing that ledge with no magic was a death sentence.

The closer Sky got to the fire the more scared I was. This couldn't be happening. Not to Sky.
"SKY NO!!!!" I screamed but even if he wasn't under some sort of spell he still wouldn't have been able to hear me. I had to try. Slowly, I began to walk the ledge. It was smaller than it appeared to be. I had to get to Sky fast and safely. If either one of us died, I would never forgive myself. Somehow, I felt like I could have prevented it. I could have seen this somehow.

Sky was getting closer and closer to the fire. I would never make it but I had to keep trying. Suddenly, I heard Sky scream out in pain. My head shot up. The fire that sprang from the middle of the island burned brighter and had even changed a different shade.
"SKY!!!" I had to stay strong. I had to get to him. That's when I saw it. A dragon I had only heard of in stories appeared blowing out different colored flame. I tried to walk closer. The dragon didn't seem to take any notice in me. Just Sky. Why was this happening? Why was Sky chosen for......whatever this was? Was he supposed to be a sacrifice of some kind?

Sky screamed again as the dragon smacked right into him. My heart was breaking. I was about to lose my best friend and I couldn't do a thing about it! I tried to inch faster hoping the dragon wouldn't see me. I stepped onto the island but the island didn't seem to like that. I could feel the anger from the land. It was strange. It was as if only Sky had permission to enter the island. I ignored it. Sky was twitching from the pain and who knew what else.
"Please don't be dead," I said to myself as I started crying.

I knelt down beside him not only was he smoking but his body felt as if it was on fire.
"Sky?" I asked. He chest was moving up and down. At least, he was alive. "Sky, don't you dare leave me!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 am
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

Sky felt like his whole body was on fire, though it hurt less than it did before. When he heard Mel calling out to him, he opened his eyes and looked around, trying to focus on anything. It took a couple seconds, but his eyes finally adjusted and he saw Mel leaning over him. She looked distraught. "Where am I going?" Sky mumbles, trying to collect his thoughts. From where he was, it looked like he was in some kind of cavern or cave. "What happened? Why are we here?"

(I was thinking, maybe we could do with your idea of having "friends" responsible for part of this. Though it would be negation zone and the weather. They don't know why or who told them to do it though.)  

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:42 pm
User Image

I was so glad he was still alive. My heart seemed a little more relieved but we were still in a pickle. We were still in a cave and I still had no magic. We had to get out of here."All I know is one minute you were carrying me toward the barrier and the next you were turning around and walking down to this cave." I paused, afraid to tell him what really happened."Sky, I think someone had you under a spell so you could stick your hand into this fire wall thing to release the dragon." I looked up in search of the dragon, wondering if it would come back but I couldn't see anything. With the wire wall not burning so much, it was difficult to see much of anything.

"Sky, we need to get you out of here and cross that barrier. We need to get home." This didn't look very good. With Sky's burning body and my weak one, this was definitely going to be a challenge. But "we can do this, Sky. We can make it." We had to.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:21 am
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

"I was being controlled?" Sky asks, totally lost. How could that happen? Magic Law forbid any kind of spells that took away someone's free will. Most agreed it was an evil art, like Blood Magic. "Mel, I think you were seeing things, dragons aren't real" Sky jokes picking himself up. He could tell Mel was very upset, and the sooner they got out of here, the better. That was, until he saw the way they had to go to get out of here. "Y-You crossed that? For me?" Sky asks, pointing to the walkway. He always knew Mel had his back, but for her to cross that walkway in her weakened state said a lot of their connection. Without warning, Sky wrapped Mel in his arms for a quick hug as a thank you. "Lets get out of here. Lead the way, I'll be right behind you." Sky says, smiling for encouragement.

In a room full of darkness, two cloaked figures stand opposite each other. Between them, a hologram floats in the air, displaying the events transpiring within the cavern.

"The dragon fire has been released..." One said.
"Everything is going to plan. With the dragon fire gone, the seal has been broken." Replied the other.
"Soon, our master shall return. Should we kill them now?" The first asked.
"No! Both are still required. The girl has yet to unlock her full potential, once she has, we can steal her magic. So obviously she must remain alive." Stated the second.
"Agreed. But the boy is not required. If he is able to gain control of the dragon fire, it will be most unpleasant for us." The first growled, the sound of nails on a chalk board.
"That is true. But, that is only if he can gain control. The chances of that are very slim. And until then, he will be useful in our plans." The second responded, and both laughed with mirth.

elphy_and_fiyero

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:11 pm
User Image

As I looked over the ledge to see how we were going to cross side by side, Sky embraced me in a hug. I smiled as I picked up the torch, "Of course, I did that for you. Your grandma would kill me if I came back without you." Sky's grandma was the sweetest, nicest lady ever. But when it came to her grandson, watch out. No demon or monster could withstand that woman's fury.

Sky suggested I go first. Awesome. Ladies first, right? Like that was comforting. I couldn't help but feel as if we were being watched. I just figured it was the dragon but I still couldn't see where it went. Nor did I hear it which made me even more nervous. It was probably staying quiet so it could wait for the perfect time to attack. Who knew how long it had been trapped in that......thing. No doubt it was hungry. And we just so happened to be the first thing on the menu.

As I inched along the edge, I tried to keep my mind off of falling to my doom. Being without magic made me a little afraid of heights. Okay......maybe a lot of afraid but I had to stay calm. I had to act as if everything was fine. I made it across once and could do it again.
"You know very well that dragons are real. Right there with unicorns. Just like Gabby says."

Gabby was my six year old cousin who was like my little sister. I babysat her enough that she was practically was. Unicorns had always been a myth but Gabby swore up and down that she saw one once on a family camping trip. Of course, she was the only one who saw it. But I was beginning to feel like her. I wasn't crazy. I had seen a dragon. That happened to shoot rainbows out of it's mouth but that was beside the point. The point was. I know what I saw.

"But Melly!" Gabby whined, "I saw a unicorn. For real!" Gabby was trying so hard to convince me that unicorns were real and she had actually seen one. "It was so pretty! I think it was the Queen unicorn." Currently, we were coloring pictures and Gabby was drawing her unicorn in the forest with a magical crown on top of it's head.

"What about the king unicorn? Where was he?" I asked out of my own amusement.

"He was in his unicorn castle making sure his castle was safe from the bad people." I smiled and loved her imagination.

Suddenly, I felt like Gabby. A six year old trying to convince an adult that unicorns were real; except in my case it was a dragon. In what felt like forever, but really no time at all, we made it across the ledge. And away from the dragon that still lurked in that cave. Had I any magic, I could easily put a protective spell over the entire cave to keep that thing locked up for a millennium but alas no still no magic. Soon. All we had to do was cross that barrier.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:22 pm
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

Sky almost laughed when Mel mentioned facing down his Grandma. Boy, she was old and ornery, get on her bad side and you better watch out. As they walked down the walkway, Sky noticed Mel glancing about this way and that, like she was looking for something. "I am pretty sure if you cousin had a unicorn, she would either be the cutest little girl ever, or the scariest." Sky almost laughed when thinking of little Gabby. "Scratch that, she is already the scariest six year old I know." Sky amends, remembering when the little girl had set his clothes on fire. Luckily, she was an adept spellcaster already, for the fires didn't burn him, but they wouldn't go out until she reversed the spell, no matter what they tried to extinguish the flames.

When they left the passage way, something was off. Instead of stepping into the chamber that they had entered the passage way from, they stepped outside the castle completely. "Was it really that simple?" Sky asks, looking around with s skeptical look on is face. They were outside, the rain still pouring down in gallons a minute. "I guess we should head out, try and get passed the barrier huh?" Sky shouts as a blast of lightning and thunder explode over head. As the light fades, Sky looks up in hopes of seeing how far away the barrier is. That is when he sees it. "Mel, look up!" Sky shouts, pointing again, like he did when he first noticed the barrier. The dome of magic was visible in the dark sky, even now it was breaking apart. It almost looked like fire was consuming the barrier, red glowing patches covered the dome, eating away at it. It only took seconds for it to dissolve completely.

As the last remnants of the barrier disappeared, Sky looked at Mel. "That was really weird. But you should have magic again right? Try something!" Sky nearly shouts.

elphy_and_fiyero

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:55 pm
User Image

I laughed. Gabby truly was the scariest 6 year old in town. Well, to him. To me, she was cute as could be. She had tried so many times to conjure up something that wasn't real. The only thing she could ever come close to was a little unicorn mist from a camp fire but it only lasted about half a minute. Gabby's magic wasn't all that powerful yet but she was getting there.

In no time at all, we were outside. I felt a lot safer being outside of the castle and a lot. For some reason, I could feel my strength returning. But why? Was it because we were so close to the barrier? This didn't happen earlier. Sky then pointed out the barrier was collapsing.
"The barrier must have been protecting the dragon." Which still didn't make any sense to me. Who put Sky under a spell? Why? What was the deal with the dragon and why did it need to be released? All these questions had to wait. We needed to get home. I was suddenly feeling very uneasy about......wherever we were.

Sky brought me out of my train of thought when he told me to try something. I didn't need telling twice. I took a deep breath and lifted my hands. If we were going to make it home, we needed our rides back. Concentrating, I could feel my fingers tingling. My chest was beginning to turn warm. It was working! But I had to be sure. The trees started ruffling and twitching. Something was coming. Suddenly, pieces of metals and gears raced to a spot in front of me. Two separate piles were formed. Our vehicles were still broken. My head started to get a little dizzy. Not having magic for a bit and then all of sudden getting it back was a little bit of a head rush.

"Better do this next one aloud." I told myself and shook it off. My magic was back. "Iam reficere," the pieces of the vehicles moved toward one another, pieces connecting and moving into their proper place. Within no time our vehicles sat in front of us as if brand new. I jumped on my bike and revved up my little kitten. She missed me. "Yes!" I shouted. "I am BACK!" I laughed. Never again did I ever want to be without magic. I had heard of sorcerers giving up their magic wanting to live a life of solitude but now I understood that wasn't for me. Ever.

I turned to Sky.
"Let's go home," I told him as I waited for him to get on his plane. "Don't worry about lifting off. I can take care of that."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:29 pm
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

Sky lifted an eyebrow when Mel went off again about the 'dragon' but he didn't say anything. He felt something vibrate on his skin, like the static electricity feeling he had when he passed through the barrier, only this time was was heat and not so abrasive. He shook the feeling away and watched as the piles of junk flew out of the forest and piled in front of Mel. Moments later, after she completed repairing the vehicles, Sky thrust a fist in the air and shouted "You rock!" Before running to his plane and hugging the wing, caressing the metal as if it were his partner's skin. "I thought I lost you." Sky whispers. "Great, lets get out..." Sky stopped talking as his eyes drifted out into the forest.

In the distance, he could see many large....somethings running through the trees. He couldn't see what they were exactly, but just looking at how they moved sent a chill down his spine. There was something bestial about them, and his instincts were already telling him to get the hell out, now! "Get in the air! Now!" Sky shouts, jumping into the see of his plane. The moment his hands grabbed the control rods, something happened. A strange sensation built up in his stomach and flowed up into his chest and down his arms a moment later. It was a tingling sensation, like how your arm feels after it falls asleep, unpleasant but not awful either. The second that feeling hit his hands, the plane lit up, the turbo thrusters began charging and all systems read full power, something that usually took close to thirty seconds happened in two.

That was when he noticed the energy coursing around the plane wasn't green anymore, it was a fiery red, almost like lava. "Mel, we gotta get in the air..." Sky was interrupted as something launched him up into the air so fast it felt like his stomach would come out of his feet...somehow. Past the canopy of the forest and still going up, the g-force working on Sky prevented him from, speaking but he screamed with his mind Stop! and instantly the plane stopped with enough force to tear him from his seat. Luckily he went straight ten feet and then came straight down, landing on the seat again. His heart hammering, Sky looked around. He was at least three miles above the ground.

elphy_and_fiyero

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:04 am
User Image

Sky hugged his plane as if it was the most precious thing on earth. Well, it was close. Sky and I loved our vehicles. My kitten was ready to go. As I was about to lift us up in the air, the something in the trees was moving and they were moving fast. What if they could fly? I would have to fight with magic. A protective spell would take too long at this point. We had to get out of here.

But something was telling me to stay. It was weird. Maybe whatever was coming would help us in the end. Sky shouted at me again but I held my hand up.
"I want to see this," I told him but as soon as I did Sky shot up in the air like a cannon. I lifted my bike and hovered right next to Sky's plane. "Uh, that totally wasn't me." This area was freaking me out by the second. Who knew what else was going to happen with the barrier gone. We needed to go. The barrier must have caused some funky magic going on. As I hovered higher above the ground, I could see a little bit of.....whatever that thing in the forest was. It looked big, scary and not very friendly.

"What are you waiting for? Let's get out of here!" I shouted and sped off towards home. I pressed a few buttons and a holographic map appeared above my pedometer. "Map a course for home," I was not getting us lost into another negation barrier again. We both had enough adventures for one day. The sooner I could get into bed and rest the better. The sun was going down anyway. Mom was going to kill me.

Surprisingly, we made it back to our spot in no time. I landed and turned my bike back into a compact mirror before putting it back in my pocket. If mom ever saw I still had my flying motorcycle I would be dead in the morning. She hated me riding my bike though I didn't see why. It was almost like a broom just with more features. And it purred like a kitten.

The sun was setting. Mom was going to kill me. I apperated my broom and hoped on.
"You want a ride?" I asked Sky. We were both late and would probably both be in trouble but it was probably not the worst from what we had just come from. You know, near death and all. I really didn't want to think about what just happened and what the results would be. My body was exhausted from losing my powers. The sooner I was home the better.

But I wanted to be sure Sky had a way home. After today, I hated to see what trouble he could get himself into on the way home. The two of us were prone to getting into trouble. Hence our little adventure today. Not to mention, I almost lost my best friend. My only friend really. Being alone was the worst.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:58 pm
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

Sky was shaken for a few moments by what had happened. If he hadn't of gone straight up, or come back down, he would have missed landing back on the plane and most likely would of gone splat. When Mel joined him in the air, his heart rate had finally calmed enough, though her stating she wasn't the one that had lifted him up into the air didn't make much sense. If not her, than who? He couldn't ask Mel, since she was already shooting off across the sky. Sky engaged his booster and away he shot, coming up behind Mel .

It didn't take long to get home, Mel's navi-system had started working again, and soon enough, they were back where they had started this morning. "Nah, don't worry, I can land in the backyard." Sky called out, "Say hi to everyone for me. And thanks for saving me!" And with that, Sky ascended high into the air and engaged his boosters. Unlike last time, there was a pause and a low hum as energy built Several seconds later, the booster engaged and shot Sky forward.

Just minutes later, Sky descended again, being careful as he used the hover feature of the plane and floated just a few feet from the ground. With a special twist combo of both rod halves, Sky shut down the plane. As the plane broke apart into energy, Sky fell to the ground, landing on his feet as the last streams of red power absorbed themselves into the rod halves and then pulled themselves back together, forming the complete rod, ready for use.

Sky stuck the rod in his back pocket and went to the back door, opening it and entering before closing it behind him. His parents were still at work, and would be until late that night. So he had the place to himself. Going to kitchen, Sky opened the fridge and dug around, pulling out a few slices of pizza. Smiling, Sky dug into the food with gusto, not bothering to heat it up, and as he ate, he headed upstairs to his room. His parents were poor, low class citizens like himself, but Mel's parents had bought this house and allowed his family to live here in peace. They still had to pay rent, and bills and stuff, but the rent was easily a quarter of what it would normally be for a house like this. Another example of the good that came from Mel's family.

Food in his stomach, Sky stripped off his clothes, confused on the burn holes and scorch marks covering nearly all the fabric. He didn't remember that, and his body wasn't harmed either. Shaking his head, Sky threw the ruined clothes in the garbage and went into the shower, allowing his mind to wander. They had a crazy day, and thinking about it seemed to fill Sky with anxiety he didn't understand.

Shower done, Sky dried off and then wrapped the down around his waist, he brushed his teeth, and flexed in the mirror for the fun of it. Turning for another flex, Sky stopped dead, his eyes wide. On his back near his right shoulder, was a dragon tattoo. He had never gotten a tattoo before, never wanted one. Where did this one come from? Completely freaked out, Sky left the bathroom and went to his room.

He passed a hand in front of a sensor on his wall, and holographic screens blinked into existence in the air before. He turned and told the computer to analyze the tattoo. It came up with no information on the ink used. He told the computer to search for the image across every possible resource, and again nothing came up. No information existed on this particular design. Sky grunted, closed the holograms and went to his bed. He pulled off the towel and slipped into the sheets. His mind was racing, but rather quickly, he fell into a deep sleep.

elphy_and_fiyero

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:10 pm
User Image

I waved my hand as if saving Sky's life was nothing. He would have done the exact same for me. Sky hovered for a few seconds, and I began to wonder why until he shot off like a cannon again. Something must have been wrong with his bike. I would have to check the pieces later. Something in that forest must have done something to its engine. But again, later. Right now, I needed to get home. From the looks of it, Sky would get home faster than I would.

I shrugged it off and flew home as fast as I could on my broom. No doubt mom had cameras and little minionish creatures crawling around so the folks would know ever move I made outside of the house. So sneaking in was a no go. The lights were on outside which meant they were expecting me to come home late. This wasn't going to be a joyous occasion. But still, I cautiously entered the house.

"About time you came home," a cold chill ran up my spine. My mother's voice was always harsh when I did something wrong which was usually a weekly basis. In middle school, it was on a daily basis. At least it was progress. "Mom!" I smiled, trying my best to put on a nice face. It didn't work.

"Sit," my mother requested. My father sat beside her, his face just as unhappy as my mother's face. I sat down almost immediately. I turned back to my mother, her eyes burning holes in my head. At any moment, she was going to turn me into a rodent of some kind. "You were on that bike again, weren't you?" My throat was dryer than a summer's morning in the desert.

"At least, I'm home before dinner," I shrugged. This wasn't helping.

"Melina Elizabeth Crawford. You never very well why we are upset." It was true. Well, sort of. I knew but I didn't really understand why. "But mom!" I tried justify my reasoning but there was no luck. "Don't you 'but mom' me. It's dangerous out there. We don't want you flying off in places you shouldn't be." I blinked. My expression must have been obvious because my father decided to answer whatever question I was thinking which happened to be a lot.

"You're mother didn't know where you were so....."
he trailed off so I could put the pieces together. It wasn't that hard. "You were watching me.......again?!" This was unbelievable. My parents didn't trust me. It didn't matter how good at magic I was they never let me do anything outside of the city boundaries.

"Of course I was watching you again! I have every reason to!" My mother exclaimed. I was about to interject but she put a hand in the air to silence me. Had I said a word she would have actually used magic in order to get the silence she so desired of me. She held out her hand, "we are confiscating your bike. Hand it over." My heart dropped way down into my stomach. Were they grounding me?!

No. This wasn't happening. I had only ever been grounded once and that was when I turned a kid into a frog in elementary school for calling me the daughter of an old hag. My mother's patience ran out after about a minute because in no time at all my compact mirror was floating in the air toward her hand. A part of my soul went along with it. It had taken me months to build it and conjure up all the pieces, let alone put it all together. I cherished that bike more than anything.
"How long?" I asked, defeated.

"Until we say so," my mother responded flatly. Out of no where Nathaniel ran into the room, naked and jumped on dad's lamp. My father let out out a chuckled and placed the little darling boy in my lap. "Give your brother a bath and then off to bed you go." I did as I was told without any further argument. Any more arguing would lead me nowhere. There was nothing else I could do. Sure, I could have magically taken it back and my parents knew that. But I had lost their trust years ago. I wasn't going to lose more with getting what was mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that evening, Hespera, Melina's mother, tended to her plants in her garden room. It was the only place in her home where she could calm down. When she came home from work, she wasn't expecting the lose of a child. Giant, soft hands rested on her shoulders as she poured more water into one of her plants.
"I think this one is done, my love." Hespera put down the watering can as she held in tears. "It's alright," her husband cooed. "Melina is safe." Hespera turned to her husband, who tried his best to smile.

"Theron, I thought I lost her today. I couldn't see her. I couldn't find her. Could she have...." Hespera trailed off afraid of the thought. Theron shook his head. "No, not our little girl. We aren't sure what happened but she's fine now. Just the way she has always been. She's the same and she's safe." Hespera gave a little smile but she still wasn't convinced. The thought of losing her daughter in a foreign land was one thing but possibly losing her daughter to some kind of curse was another thing. Something that was indeed a scary thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff