Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:44 pm
The girl frowned deeply. Terrorist organization - causing fear for the sake of causing fear. She certainly hoped there was more to it than that; it was hardly a satisfactory motive. "I don't really care about the League," she said, the words somewhat aloof. "As long as they don't get in my way, I couldn't care less why they're here or what their intentions are." She shrugged a shoulder. "Their trainer center is a roof and a bed, though, so I guess they're pretty useful as far as that goes."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:51 pm
"I guess for some... Though, to be honest, I never had much problem with shelter before they showed up in force either. In your way?" Lin sounded somewhat surprised, and now a little cautious. Yes, he didn't like the League, but he suspected a Rocket would say similar things.
"So what brought you here?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:12 pm
When she spoke to reply, it was with a hardened tone, "I'm looking for the person who killed my father."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:29 pm
Jeeves paused in his work once more as the humans talked, reaching the topic they'd arrived upon. He cast a wary glance over all, while Lin, again surprised, paused with a handful of bracken.
"Ah."
From the tone, he felt it might be a little late for 'sorry for your loss', indeed, the familiar hardness felt more like the kind of tone he could imagine himself speaking with.

"How's that going?" He tried not to sound flippant, more carefully and quietly asked, hoping genuine interest carried through, and hoping he wasn't misjudging her state of grief.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:52 am
A mild shrug. "Better than in the past, I guess. The only clue I have is that Team Rocket was involved somehow, so that's better than nothing, but not by much." It had at least guided her to Kodo, but even that was more or less a shot in the dark, a haphazard, hopeful grapple towards any vague semblance of a trail.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:22 pm
"Hm." Lin nodded a little, and Jeeves slowly continued his work, though kept an eye on the humans.
"It's hard going. They're in deep all over the place and they hide well... Then you have other groups doing business with them. Trying to find one individual... It's hard work. Better to wipe them all out."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:41 pm
"I don't care how hard it is, or how long it takes," she replied hotly. "Wiping them all out and just hoping the culprit is among them - that isn't revenge. I'm going to have that b*****d stand in front of me and tell me the reason they killed my father, and then," she uprooted a particularly stubborn weed with a forceful jerk of her arm, "they'll get what they deserve. That is my vengeance."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:22 pm
Well. That was an interesting, but attractive, idea, though Lin had assumed it would be impossible. Faceless rockets causing loss and no one else batting an eyelid...

"If you manage something like that, if you even get close... I'd be very interested. " Lin admitted after a moment. "I don't think it's possible, but if you do..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:40 pm
She finished weeding the flowerbed and stood, tossing a small handful of foliage into the pile she had accumulated and turning to face her company with a hand on her hip and her chin lifted, "It's not if. It's when," she corrected, a smirk of self-assurance emerging in her features. "So get interested, pal, 'cause as far as I'm concerned, it's just a matter of time."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:52 pm
The hedge was looking clearer, though it could probably do with a proper trim now. It was more hedge and less dried bracken and bramble, at least.
Lin withdrew his arm to offer a last bundle of the stuff to Jeeves' vines, looking back at Ryuko again.

"Well... I kind of believe you, for some reason," Lin acknowledged after a moment "but time is exactly what seems to make them stronger lately. Blow up their base? Go quiet for a bit, they're still around... And then they shoot that dragon guy... I'm not sure they'll give you the option of just dealing with the one you want, time or not though..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:49 pm
She wore a faint frown, but dismissal overwrote it as she raised her shoulders in a shrug, "If the problem is that they're strong, then the solution is to become stronger."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:46 pm
Well. That was a simplistic answer.
"I like you." He commented after a moment, grinning after thinking about her answer for a moment.
"I don't know how you plan on doing it, but that makes sense."

Jeeves frowned as he placed the last bundle in a pile for burning; the pokémon wasn't so sure.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:10 am
She lifted the corner of her lips in a wry smirk, "Oh yeah? That's not something I hear too often." At best people usually found her reckless and single-minded; at worst, just plain stupid. She crossed the yard to seize the rusted old rake that had been left out, eyeing the old leaves that had been blown into various crevices as the seasons had changed. "I'd be lying if I said I know either, but what I do know is that I won't be able to do anything if I don't have a clear goal first of all."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:13 pm
Lin stepped back to survey the hedgerow. It was clear, much neater than before, though now it could definitely use a bit of trimming.
He cast around for the loppers the old couple had provided- he suspected they were nearly as old as their owners, but they'd work, if slowly- and moved to start trimming at one end.

"Makes sense. He your only pokémon though?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:53 pm
"Yeah," she replied with a nod, scraping together the leaf matter. "I'm not really a trainer type."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff