Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:03 am
She gave a short, breathy laugh in response. "Yeah, I know how that goes," she agreed with some amusement in her tone. That had been an entertaining past-time before, but her willingness to say cutting remarks and biting comments had lessened as her sharp attitude had dulled over the past couple of years. If someone really deserved it, then she would put forth the effort to give them exactly what they'd asked for - or more, in some cases - but otherwise, she didn't want to bother. Shifting again and keeping both arms hidden away in her hoodie pocket, she regarded her company with a wry smile. "Well of course not - assholes like that are way too proud to let a girl get the better of them, with words or otherwise." A pause. "Seraphine - or Sera, whichever. Nice to meet you," because that was probably the polite thing to say.

Anastasia moved over to sit on the ground near her trainer's feet, and the girl leaned down to pet her ears a couple times before straightening up. It was then that she took notice of - or again, since she saw it very briefly before - Ryuko's pokemon. She narrowed her eyes and scrutinized it a few moments before finally speaking again, "Scizor, right?" Ray had made her learn way more about pokemon than she had ever expected to, which proved useful now because she could recognize this one. It had taken a few moments, though. "We don't usually see those around here. Where'd you get him? ...and what happened to his eye?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:43 pm
She nodded her acknowledgment of the name given but made no special effort to commit it to memory; it was a unique enough name that it was memorable in itself, but in a big city, Ryuko didn't have any expectations of running into a random stranger like this more than once.

She withdrew her legs from the fountain's water and spun herself around to stretch them out in the sunlight to dry, idly watching her company's pokemon as it moved and found a place for itself by its trainer. She looked to her Scizor as he was studied, picking up on his faint discomfort, but dismissed any rooting suspicion as the question posed explained the reason for the stare. "Yeah," she confirmed, raising a hand to scratch absently at her jaw. "He was a gift from my dad, I guess - in Kanto. Dunno about the eye. It was already like that."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:39 am
"You guess?" She echoed, aiming a dubious look with a raised brow at the girl for her choice of words. What, did she steal him or something? With an internal shrug, she nodded thoughtfully. Kanto, huh... She hadn't been there in a while, and thinking of the last time dredged up unfortunate memories. "So you're from Kanto, then?" She asked as she looked to the Scizor again, more specifically his eye. Well, if she didn't know how that happened, that kind of cut off any hope of finding out something she was vaguely, passingly curious about. Oh well.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:54 am
"Mm, he didn't give it to me directly, but the ball was registered in my name," she explained with a one-shouldered shrug, leaning forward to cross her arms on her lap. "Seemed like a safe assumption." Add to that, the Scizor itself just felt like it was meant for her, somehow. She didn't know much, if anything, about trainer-pokemon bonds, but even after spending such a short time with Senketsu, she felt like she could sort of understand the concept.

"Yeah," she confirmed with a brief nod. "Born and raised." Though 'raised' probably wasn't a terribly accurate word.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:47 pm
"Huh," she said thoughtfully, looking down to meet her Umbreon's bright blue gaze before she shrugged. "Yeah, sounds like a pretty safe guess to me."

Born and raised... Like her, but with Kodo instead. "Why're you here, then?" She asked suddenly, her brow furrowed lightly. Could be that she was a trainer and wanted to come for the trainer center or something... "Just visiting or something?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:03 pm
"Staying for now," she replied, shrugging a shoulder. "Been looking for someone for a while now, and I finally picked up a trail that led me here. So, I'm here semi-permanently - up until I find something that leads me somewhere else." It was more ambiguous than she usually left it, but this girl didn't seem the sort who really wanted to hear about heavy topics like murder and revenge unsolicited.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:16 pm
Looking for someone? What, did someone up and leave? Did they owe her something? "Oh, okay." She paused, considering this information for a few moments before tilting her head a little in curiosity. "Mind if I ask who and why?" It wasn't any of her business, to be honest, but she was rather a nosy person. Rather than leave it at that, though, she raised her hand palm-up as she elaborated, "Most people that come to Kodo are trainers from other regions, wanting to check out our island or the new trainer center or whatever else. Either that or they're from Grande Ile, but we don't get as many of those, I don't think," the brunette finished with a shrug. As far as she knew, not many people came just to look for other people.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:20 pm
Well, she asked. "The person who killed my dad," she answered bluntly, her tone devoid of the grief and mourning one might expect to accompany such words; she spoke as casually as one might speak of the weather. "I want to avenge him, and I want to know why he was murdered in the first place."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:43 pm
Her eyebrows rose in her surprise; she hadn't expected that sort of answer even a little, and it took her a few moments to process what the other girl had told her. And in such tones, too - did it not bother her? No, that didn't make any sense; it had to. Why else would she come all the way from Kanto to look for whoever did it? "That's... Whoa," she said at last, still unsure what to say. She still wasn't good at these sorts of things. It didn't help, either, that it was her father. Such a topic hit home - or almost did, anyway. "s**t, that sucks... Like, a lot. What makes you think they came here though?" Fleeing the country after murdering someone, and the daughter was running around seeking vengeance. It was like something straight out of a movie or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:00 pm
"Well, I don't know for sure, to be honest," she replied, shrugging off the expression of sympathy. "But I know that Team Rocket is connected somehow, and I know Team Rocket is here in Kodo, so it's pretty much the only lead I've got." And heaven help her if it turned out to be a bad lead. She'd be back to square one, wandering Kanto like the vagrant she was.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:10 pm
"Team Rocket?" She echoed, surprised for the second time. This time only lasted briefly, though, as she suddenly folded her arms in front of her with a huff, her expression hardening. "Figures, it's always Team Rocket. Buncha cowardly assholes, every last one of them." While she remembered quite well that Luke's brother was in Team Rocket, every memory she had of him - which all stemmed from just one interaction with the teenager - was wholly negative, so she could only feel but so bad for him and his death. In fact, most of her sympathetic feelings over the event were mostly for Luke, because he lost a brother, rather than the one who had actually died. "Lucky for you, at least, Team Rocket seems to only really be active here in Kodo, as far as I know. Actually I think I remember the League saying that the one building we made them evacuate was their base or something, so I guess that means they're set up here, of all places. I can't imagine they'd run away to another region after that, as much as I wish they would, so you're in luck - if you can call it that," she added with a sour expression. Team Rocket had caused nothing but pain and suffering for her and her friends, as well as tons of other people, though to be honest she didn't much care about the people she didn't know.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:35 pm
"That's why I'm here," Ryuko replied with a faint smirk. "Seems like they've been awfully rowdy over here, too. It hardly took any research at all to figure that this was where my best shot of hunting them down would be." Her smirk faded into a sideways frown. "Well, as best a shot as I could ask for, anyway... I don't even know if it was a Rocket who did it. I just know there's a connection."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:56 pm
"Yeah, they don't seem too shy about letting everyone know they're still around and causing trouble," she mused aloud with a light scowl. She ceased her displeased expression when she became aware of her Umbreon's discomfort with the topic, and she took a brief moment to pull the dark-type up into her arms. "Well, usually if you think Team Rocket is connected, it's because it was probably all their fault. It usually is around here," the brunette said, her lips pursed at the thought of the organization. Seriously though, where did they get off running around doing whatever they wanted to whoever? Stealing pokemon, murdering people - what was their deal?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:08 pm
"I can't really jump to conclusions," she said, resting her chin in her palm and raising an eyebrow. "I mean, I didn't even really know my dad. I don't know why anyone would have murdered him, let alone a major organization like Team Rocket." If wanton murder was their thing, one would think that there would be more reports about it. She knew her father was some kind of scientist, but she didn't even know what it was that he had studied.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:25 pm
Sera hummed thoughtfully at that - jumping to conclusions was something she did frequently, though she would never admit to it - not to mention the fact that she knew even less why Team Rocket would've wanted her father dead so much that they did it themselves. "I dunno," she finally replied with a shrug, her face set in a frown. "I don't really know much about Team Rocket aside from the fact they're all assholes, so I dunno why they'd want to murder anyone specific. I know they did recently kill off some big League hotshot they'd been holding prisoner for the past few years, but I kind of assumed that was cuz the League's opposing them. I don't know why they'd just go around offing random people, though." Vaguely she recalled mention of Team Rocket killing a little girl once a few years ago, but she couldn't remember any details more specific than that - she hadn't cared about very much besides herself back then, so memories of anything she'd deemed unimportant were hazy at best.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff