Welcome to Gaia! ::

ToS Friendly Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

ToS friendly Yaoi Rp'ing and other forums. 

Tags: roleplaying, friendly, writing, entertainment, yaoi 

Reply Role Playing 1x1
[$] Johnlocked Into The Darkness (Filled by Knux33) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:26 pm
knux33

John was momentarily relived by Khans closeness, and the relieved burden of having to speak on the past. He had given a brief rundown of what had occurred but he knew eventually he would have to go into detail. John leaned his head against the others shoulder and tried to calm himself down, needed the closeness of his friend, but the burden of talking was taken away so he was finding it a bit easier as he just gripped onto Khan. Yeah it was odd, John had to admit that, but he had given up shouting "not gay" decades ago when something so silly didn't seem to matter anymore. When he stopped being so sure he would be able to see Sherlock, when the world went a wibbly wobbly, and things just kind of fell apart.

Jim was a bit concerned by the sudden silence but then Khan was speaking and he realized what every time they had to deal with John had just run up for the moment. Jim listened silently to Khans requests, they seemed simple enough, then again delivering the food would have to be done by one of the bridge crew just to be safe. Jim didn't need someone accidentally killing John and unleashing the beast that was currently lurking just on the other end of the com. Jim looked up when the others started sitting around then leaned back in his chair so he wasn't hovering over the com quite so much.

"We can do the meals, I'll also have someone bring you new clothes for John, as long as our men are not injured I won't have a problem with the request." Jim sighed and ran a hand through his hair before the good question was really asked. Jim looked around the room a little then looked up at the ceiling as if it held the answers before finally he just sighed. "I don't know Khan. You are a criminal, a terrorist, I should by every right have already had my men take you and John down. I won't sugar coat anything for you on this but by every right you should be dead. I like to believe though that because you have what you want you won't be looking to destroy us any time soon." Jim gave the verbal equivalent of a shrug.

"For now you stay where you are and we won't go near you. You and John will be just fine until we figure out how to address this situation and I can speak to John some more." Jim looked around the group with him then pressed the com "So for now were both at a stale mate. We will send food and water to you within the hour." Jim left it at that and closed off the com so that he wouldn’t be hearing Khan anymore. Jim knew this was all very risky but he had to believe that somewhere under Khan was the person he used to be and that maybe this could all be forgotten when everyone else realized every action was in reaction.

"Look I am sure you all probably think I am a crazy person at this point, you should have known that by now, but I have a feeling this may work in our benefit. I know your worried about what the new admirals might try to do but we need to let it be seen that every action was in reaction to corruption. It can't be set idly by and assumed he acted on his own… I have a feeling Admiral Marcus was never quite alone in his endeavors." Jim sighed and ran a hand over his face. "This all seems mad I am sure but I feel like we need to just try and figure this out slowly. Take time because this isn't just a simple case of good guys bad guys and it hasn't been from the beginning." Jim was also thinking it was about time he got into touch with an old friend. Older Spock might be able to help him with all of this.

"I would like your opinions on this. Beside the normal I am crazy and we shouldn’t be doing this because that's how it always goes… it's turned out alright so far though hasn’t it?" Jim gave a crooked grin and knew just how horrible that statement was because there had been to many times Jim had almost died. He could also still remember seeing Spock through that glass, the look on his face, the tears Jim had never thought the other would care enough to shed for him. Jim knew things didn't always turn out perfectly but usually his options were limited and his choices saved lives… even if it wasn't his own.

(I will try VERY hard not to make Kirk seem all lovey with Spock but I can't promise his thoughts will not lean that way... I ship Spirk like a mofo.)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:54 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Khan listened to Jim's replies, silent and unmoving. "I will not touch any of your crew so long as they don't harm John," he said simply, though the threat beneath those words was clear. Touch John, and there would be trouble; cataclysmic amounts of it. As for the answer on what Kirk had to say for the continuing of their stalemate for now: "... Good. Anything less and you would've have me thinking of you as a liar or idiot, Captain." There was really no reason for things to be as they were and yet ... here they were. Khan would sit tight with John, but also keep a sharp eye out for any double-crossing of any sort. Because the last time he'd worked with the Captian he'd ended up getting shot with a phaser set to stun, and wasn't about to let Kirk pull another fast one again, especially with Watson's well-being on the line now.

Finding nothing else to add, Khan hung up his own comm once the conversation was over and they clearly understood one another. "Come on John," he said, slowly walking over to the couch with John still embraced with one arm, sitting down with the doctor. Khan pinched the bridge of his nose, thinking. One hour; enough time for a little shut eye to rest his mind a little. Say, with a half-hour light nap just to settle his thoughts. He cared for John, but sometimes the other made things far more complicated than they ought to be. In the current predicament things were far too uncertain; if Kirk changed his mind all this could be for nothing; nothing but getting dragged to the cryo-tubes and flash-frozen into some other century, was the most likely outcome of all this. But he couldn't, wouldn't allow that. If Kirk came to alter his decision in a bad way Khan was sure he'd tear through every damned man and woman on this ship if he had to to get him and John out--but the doctor wanted no deaths. No bodies.

Khan opened his cold eyes, lowering his hand from his face and glaring at the cieling. No bodies; and they would be separated. But if he could keep them together and alive ... if he could do that, would the hate and disgust of his old friend be worth it? Would John remain at his side even if he had to climb a mountain of corpses to keep them conscious and together? His gaze moved towards John, mental gears turning. This was only a hypothetical question ... for now. He could worry about the hypothetical answers later. He closed his eyes, arm still around John, and waited for darkness to take him. He'd set enough non-lethal 'surprises' for anyone stupid enough to try to bust in through the door to the room to be secure in the knowledge their pained screams would wake him if Kirk was stupid enough to try to cross him again. One such surprise being the door and the outside panel to open it both being rigged with the same shock-level as a teaser.

"I say yer bloody crazy, lad. And damned kickin' me in the backside ta boot," Scotty huffed, arms crossed. "He shot up our poor lady full of holes, beat you an' me to bloody pulps, an' used my stolen formula for warp-transport! Soon as he gets the chance he's gunna blast his way outta here an' leave us all in the hole we dug ourselves."

"I don't agree with zat. He could haff caused major damage already if he wanted; even escaped maybe. Ewen with his friend hurt, he could haff done much more damage our ship or us and gotten out. But he did not. Zat must count for somezing--"

"Oh, so what? He decides ta not bloody kill someone on a ship full of folks armed and ready te shoot him an' that makes him a nice guy? Arse ta that, laddie."

While the Scot and Russian continued to argue, Spock looked between Uhura and Carol, before looking at Kirk. "No. It has not, Jim. But you're right; if we detain Khan and Watson without thinking of where they could possibly end up or what might be done to make use of them ... would be illogical. Should more be involved in the past incident in high command, handing over such a dangerous fugitive could be detrimental both for our own and for Khan. And to peace with the Klingon Empire." Even if Khan was just forced to continue making weapons for use of war, that was how things would end up: at war. And it was that particular duty Spock did not want to serve unless absolutely necessary, not because some old man wanted it to happen.

"For now the best course of action I see is to wait and see how thing progress while we try to create a more firm plan of action. Because sooner or later Headquarters is going to want a status report and Khan frozen and shipped for storage along with the rest."

((I would not mind some Spirk owo And I also do not want to hog all of the characters~ You want dibs on anybody? =D ))  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:02 pm
knux33

((I shall take Uhura and Carol as well as Sulu because to be honest I like them even if I don't like the relationships they were in, in the movies. Well except Sulu, I just like Sulu, biggrin ))

Jim listened to the rambling of Scotty and how upset he was about the whole mess, about the worst of the worst, and then there came Spock as his standing point. Jim couldn’t help the small grin on his face as Spock saw exactly what he was trying to get at without saying it out right. "You get it Spock." Jim looked back to his bridge crew and instantly switched to captain mode. "This is partially because of Khan and John, for their sake, but it is also because I am not sure I can trust handing over TWO waking mostly super humans to people we do not know are fully on our side." Jim clasped his hands in front of him and looked around at everyone.

"I was not wanting to hand them over either way because there are still investigations into corruption in Starfleet and we don't know if those currently holding position were with Marcus or not on using Khan or may be of the same opinion. While Khan may be a mad man no one deserves what was done to him and with the information I am gathering now... I believe the safest bet for everyone involved is that for now they stay here and while everything is sorted we keep the information that they are awake HIDDEN. Do not report it, do not mention it, and should you ever be questioned do not mention Khans weakness because that's what started this whole mess in the first place. His compliance was all due to his weakness." Jim sighed a bit, tired and wanting to just go lay down, he moved his hands off the table after a moment and instead and gripped his knees.

Tremors were a side effect from the mostly gone radiation, something that would vanish in time, but his body was still trying to recover and so when he pushed past his limit tremors would start. It was uncomfortable for Jim just how low that limit was considering what he used to be able to do. "Chekov I want you to deliver the food with Sulu, don't touch anything because I doubt it's no booby trapped. Scotty stay off that floor alright? I know you don't like this but it needs to be done. Uhura I want you to work up a message to the admiralty about the lock down being a false alarm. Bones, look over what you got off John, what ever scans or blood. Anything. I want to know exactly what we are dealing with here. To all of your complaints and concerns… Keep them to yourselves. This is how it needs to be for now and I am just trying to end up with no one dead… and I mean no one, even psychopaths." Jim tapped a few things into a pad that Sulu had brought with him.

"Captain… are you sure that Chekov should be delivering-" Jim looked up and nodded. "Yes, yes I am, I need you there to make sure that he stays safe now you are all dismissed except Bones and Spock." Jim stood and watched them leave, gripping the table where no one could see, then collapsed back into his chair. Jim leaned on a shaking hand and sighed. "I need you both to keep quite about my condition weather to the crew or should it arise with Khan. I sort of told the admiralty I was back completely up to snuff… I don't need the crew knowing or worrying when I am getting better." There was a bit of hesitation in the word better and Jim almost cursed because he was sure that Bones would at least notice and ask.

He hadn't been honest at all, his condition was up and down, he had been having a lot of downs with his condition lately. He had just had a rather sharp turn down before he was allowed up on the ship but had somehow convince the admiralty to let him go still. Bones would be pissed but Jim just felt like he wasn't going to get better down on earth, without his crew, had he known he would end up in this kind of situation though… no he still would have gone to the enterprise. Jim rubbed a hand over his forehead and chuckled "We can't have everyone thinking I'll keel over again! That wouldn’t help this situation at all!"

John hobbled over to the couch with Khan then sat leaning against the other and closed his eyes. He needed to actually try and sleep this time, actually let his body rest, then he would need to actually eat something or he would only make himself worse. John shifted and laid on the couch with his feet on Khans lap, something they had done often, his leg was already feeling a lot better but his head was worse off. He fell asleep quickly though, with one arm resting over his stomach and the other under his head, drifting off to a dangerous dream world.

It was amazing what situations could do to people, in Johns opinion, before when they were normal he would have dreaded anyone seeing these quite moments they shared. He had to shout all the time about not being gay, about not wanting that from Sherlock, even married a woman he later realized he didn't truly love like he should have. Not to say he didn't love her but not like a man should love his wife. After Moriarty and the eugenics John just… stopped caring. Everyone else didn't matter in their opinions of him and Sherlock, or Khan, because John didn't even know what they were anymore in his own mind. They never spoke of how close they were, about what Khan would do for him, because it just seemed so natural.

But with that came rules and John had learned that while they were close and Khan would do anything for him he didn't like knowing about it. The question "How many people did you kill" was too much as Khan started keeping count every time John went missing. John couldn’t handle the bodies his absence brought, couldn’t handle the blood that was partially on his hands because he couldn’t stop Sherlock from letting Khan take control, so he stopped asking "how many bodies" and started asking "How many times did you think I died?" because that answer was easier than to know just how much blood was on their hands.

When the ping for the door came John woke almost instantly, used to waking on a dime, then realized that it was just someone dropping off food. His head was much clearer and while his leg hurt it nothing near what it had been. John let Khan take care of receiving the food but was surprised when he saw a cup of tea sitting on the tray.

Sulu stared disapproving at Chekov as the other picked out tea leaves from the botany bay, old English teas because he said John sounded like an English name, but he wasn't going to stop the kid. He seemed quite happy to do what he was doing as he tried to make the tea and Sulu ended up helping because his family used to do tea all the time. "Chekov I don't think this is the best idea…" Sulu sighed as they set the tray down and he stared at the cup of tea almost like it would jump to life. Sulu didn't even know where Chekov had gotten the tea cup from, an actual TEA cup, it seemed so odd sitting on one of the trays like it belonged. They both left before the door had a chance to open.

John had to be honest… it had been a very long time since he had actual tea. Not since Baker street and that was… too long ago. He shifted the cup, nudging it as if it was a hallucination, then picked it up. He had hallucinated before about such silly things… even things like Sherlocks Violin and the skull on the mantel. The books that towered the walls would often appear in the corner of his vision, experiments with human eyes in jars, blood that looked like Jam sitting next to the Jam and Sherlocks rob on the coat rack where it shouldn’t be. John sipped at the tea, thinking about Mrs.Hudson and how she would always bring them tea but say she wasn't their cleaning lady, and he had to set the tea down for a moment.

Something so simple… it would be so much easier if he could just look up and see Sherlock, not Khan, Sherlock with his curly hair and that ridiculous smile. John felt the burn but took a deep breath and smiled because today it seemed he could think about that.

((I love Spirk, I really do, I think their relationship is another John Sherlock kind of thing and to be honest I really think that if Spock never had Jim then he would never be the person he is. While Jim plays around I also think it's the same for him and you know what? Everyone just needs to admit they are gay and get together.))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:19 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Scotty was none too happy, but at least he wasn't completely done with things aboard the Enterprise like he'd been when the missiles had been loaded on. Though he looked too worn out to really make too huge a fuss anyway; he was deep into a labor of love getting the 'lovely lady' USS Enterprise back into good condition, along with re-outfitting her with new, state-of-the-art technology. The Enterprise was set to go on a long exploratory mission once she was all fixed up and things were set straight, after all, and Scotty sure as hell wasn't about to let her leave port without her 'good hiking boots' on. "Aye, lad," he said to Jim reluctantly, but still listened to his orders. "I den have time te be pickin' a fight with no super-human anyway. Got loads o' things te get sorted, includin' the bloody scanners."

Chekov was a little shocked that he'd be one of the two to deliver food, but was more than happy to be of assistance; the kid was barely past his eighteenth birthday but still had the enthusiasm to help anyplace on the ship he could, his station or not. He hurried off with Sulu once dismissed, but made a quick detour only to come back with the tea cup and a bright idea.

It was only once they were walking away from the new 'quarantine zone' where there was a 'leak' that Chekov looked at the Asian with a firm smile. "Zey may not be zey best people, but zat does not mean we cannot try to be kind anyway. And from what little we heard of John he really did sound like he maybe had English accent! Khan ... he has done much, but John Watson has done nothing wrong that we know. So ... why not try to make friendly?"

Chekov was actually really proud of actually being able to not only serve the man tea, but also tea in an actual tea cup. Chekov picked up on a lot of things in his time on the ship, and a lot of things about the people around him. So it had been simple enough to run over to one of the other officers on board and ask for a cup. He was one of the youngest highly-ranked folks on board, making him slightly famous in a small way and more-or-less well-liked ... except for those who were jealous of the prodigy. Because Chekov was just that: a prodigy and genius when it came to mathematics, which was how he'd gotten where he was today.

"I should probably help Mr Scott with ze new engines now," Chekov said, looking at Sulu, "since zis is done." Chekov was also one who liked to keep busy. Probably another reason many folks knew him by sight, if not by name.

Bones looked like he wanted to curse and Spock had a very peculiar look on his usually-emotionless face as Jim sat there and tried to laugh-off the fact he looked exhausted, was slightly shaking, and clearly would've fallen over if he hadn't had a chair to fall into. "Goddamn it Jim," McCoy said when he couldn't hold it in anymore, "Do you always have to play the hero?" But what could he say; that the Captain had to leave the ship? At this point they damn-well needed Kirk and his stupid optimism to keep things rolling or most of the crew would likely decide to just ship the problems that had away instead of really letting the situation play out as it needed to; and from the look on Spock's face the doctor could almost thing the Vulcan wasn't to happy either.

"Adding the possibility of a moment of weakness in such a volatile situation is not helping the situation either, Kirk," Spock said firmly. At least the Captain wouldn't be anywhere near Khan or John so long as he could help it. "It isn't logical to push yourself when rest is what will get you well again; if you cause a relapse--"

"Down, elf-ears," Bones sighed, eyes hard and on Jim. "Look, you go make sure all the security officers know what's what and I'll get Jim to his room, got it?"

"But--"

"It isn't ******** 'logical' for you to waste time here when Jim'll just need one shoulder to lean on to get him to his room, right?!"

There was a long moment of silence before Spock gave Kirk one last look, surprisingly worried, before turning and leaving. Heaving a Sigh, Bones turned and looked at Jim, both hands on his hips. "You know he wouldn't leave you alone for five minutes if he knew how bad it was." McCoy had watched the Vulcan hovering in the med bay long enough while Jim had been getting his blood transfused with Khan's to bring him bak to life to know ... hell, the pointy-eared b*****d was overprotective after seemingly failing his Captain once. Though Bones didn't know how deep those feelings went; hell with a face like Spock's it was hard to tell if there were any feelings at all in there sometimes.

"Now tell me Jim; how bad is this? Don't p***y-foot around, either. I've got several ways to make you tell the truth, and half of them aren't even Federation-approved. Or legal. And might involve copious amounts of drugs getting jabbed into you at once. So spill your guts before I choose a way to make you to." Bones crossed his arms, looking down at Kirk and clearly not budging.

Khan blinked at the tray left outside their door, but shrugged to himself and picked it up. It had been almost pleasant, having a little reprieve. Sleeping for a bit in darkness with the reassuring weight of John's legs on his lap before he came awake. And if things went the way they were supposed to, he and John would have plenty of alone time for the other to heal, only interrupted by meal deliveries. He blinked as he put the tray down, only for John to hesitantly nudge and look over the tea cup, as if it was some alien creature.

And in this futuristic time it did seem odd; very out of place by the hard plastic plates and cafeteria-grade food. Tea in a real tea cup. While John marveled over it, Khan analyzed the food given and nodded his satisfaction that it did not look altered in any way before taking his plate to eat. Khan's head was filled with possible escape routes and the weaknesses he'd noted in the guard schedule he could see, and aimed to soon glimpse out the paths to docking bays. But until they were betrayed, there was not much for the predatory mind of Khan to do. He had John, they were relatively secure ... Even if secure, they were still prisoners. And Khan did not trust Kirk or the majority of his crew very much.

"Better than nothing, I suppose," he commented about the food, inwardly pleased John could move around with relatively low visible discomfort.

((I would take one of the girls but in case you hadn't noticed by now when I roleplay my characters are 99% of the time male :'D Sulu is awesome on so many levels and the man who actually drives the ship. Best helmsman evaaaa! And yes. Everyone. Gay. Now. It just makes thins so much more fun))  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:26 pm
knux33

Jim was a bit surprised when Bones told the other to leave but at the same time he was happy because it meant he wouldn’t have to tell the other himself. Jim could tell Spock was worried, could see the concern, he was getting good at reading the other now and he could see that familiar tick. Spock protested and Jim wanted to smile but all he could do was watch as Bones used logic against the Vulcan and all but kicked the man out of the room. Jim knew that Spock wasn't going to stay gone for long, he would most likely hear something from the man as soon as he was settled in his quarters, but to see that concern was some how… better. Jim felt like he was actually cared for beside by Bones even if bones was fantastic.

Jim looked up at the older doctor when he was threatened then he looked away and sat up a little straighter to just… try and look better. "It's.. I can't lie Bones it's bad. The doctors used some terms I don't care for while I was down there, something about lasting radiation in the cells, and I only sort of listened because I was… I was trying to get up here to stop the same mistake all over again by handing over Khan." Jim sighed and rest his head back in his palm. "I was having ups and downs. At first it was a lot of ups then it kind of evened out and no one could figure out why, then it was a lot of downs and not it's just… down." Jim ran his teeth over his lip then shook his head.

"Before I was almost back to normal, no tremors or weakness, they thought I would be just fine but suddenly it just sort of… happened. One moment I was fine and the next my hands started shaking sometimes then I couldn’t go a day without them shaking. It's getting harder to stand, harder to think, harder to even breath sometimes." Jim cleared his throat a bit in hesitation. "It's almost like being back in that tiny room with my body burning except much slower, so much slower." Jim looked to the door and was very silent as he sat there, remembering, he had asked Spock to tell him how not to feel. He had taken the fear away and replaced it with something else, with joy, because Spock had admitted what Jim had always hoped.

"I had to get up here Bones and I don't know how I did it, I don't know how they let me through, but it was on an up and they said okay but I had to stop it. If this is the last thing I do… let me die on my ship a second time so I know everyone here will be okay. No one seems to optomistic on my outcome so should that come then let it come." Jim reached out and grabbed the comm on the table. "Maybe Spock can make me forget I am afraid again…" Jim stared down at the comm for a moment then pushed himself up using the table and stepped around the chair with his shoulders squared. "I am sorry I didn't tell you Bones…"

John looked up at Khan and then back down at the food as he started eating. "Oh well I don't think it is that bad. To be honest I actually kind of like it… the tea is god anyway." John chuckled a little but he still looked tired and he was eating slowly, like he had to focus hard just move, he most likely did because of the energy exerted. John finished his tea and food rather quickly then just laid down on the couch with his head back on his arm like before. "So… are you going to tell me the long version of your story or stick with your short one? I want to know what happened while I was asleep." John watched the other carefully then looked up at the ceiling. "Or I could guess… or we could play a game instead." John had just woken up and was ready to do something other than run around a ship trying to save his idiot friend.

"Lets play a game… one of your favorites yeah? I lose all the games we play so it doesn’t matter much to me which one we play."

((People watching Frozen around me... so hard not think about "do you wanna build a snow man?" such a cute song.))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:48 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

"You damn well better be sorry you idiot," Bones said gruffly, though the usual bite to his tone was a tad flat after getting such news about Kirk's condition. Lingering radiation ... hell, even with today's tech they couldn't fix that. He didn't have any injections or quick-fixes for something like this; hell no wonder Kirk's white-cell count had been low on the earlier examination. That was worrying enough but what Kirk described really was nothing good, nothing good at all. Bones had some things that would help with the symptoms but ... nothing could fix the root of the problem. But like hell he was just going to let the captain lay down and die.

With a sigh McCoy shook his head. "Well come on; lets get you by the med bay and then your quarters. Lucky for you being this truthful has earned you the right to some extra shots," the doctor said with a no-nonsense tone, clearly going to treat Jim as best he could. "Because if you thought I was just going to let you wallow and moan without trying my damnest to keep you alive and kicking you were dead wrong." The doctor led the way to the med bay, where the earlier crowd had thankfully more-or-less disappeared, giving Bones the chance to quickly grab his things. And with a moment of hesitation, he took something a little extra and tucked it away before walking Jim back to the Captain's quarters.

"Sit your sick butt down and let me hit you up with some beta blockers to at least try to limit the tremors a bit," McCoy ordered, grabbing the injector and loading it with the right shot before sticking it against Kirk's neck. "You'll have to give me a call tomorrow morning for another dose; and to see whether this shot helps at all. At the very least it should keep you from shaking in normal situations but ... try to take it easy, alright?" Bones loaded the injector with another thing, then shot Jim again with it. "There; that might help too. Tell me tomorrow whether this stuff works out."

The doctor packed his things back up, patting Jim on the back. "Try to rest and keep the old strength up, got it? You ain't dying on this ship twice." He then left Kirk to his own devices, frowning to himself. Beta blockers and a vial he'd had leftover of Khan's blood; that had to do some sort of good, right? Jim had been on the mend and doing well, the blond had said so himself. Maybe the reason Jim was on the decline and the radiation was beginning to eat him up was because the last of the super-human's blood had filtered out of his system leaving Jim more vulnerable to the poison now radiated into his own tissues. But speculation on whether more blood would be what helps has to be left to the wind until tomorrow and seeing how Jim feels; but if Khan's blood does work ...

Bones mentally cursed to himself; that would be one more reason to keep the psycho on-board ... but how the hell would they hold Khan as long as Kirk would need his blood? Because radiation wasn't something easily gotten rid of ...

Khan watched John get back onto the couch with him once they were both finished eating, but closed his eyes at the other's question. So John wanted to know the long version; Khan doubted the other would really be pleased in knowing all the finer details. They were not pretty; particularly after he'd first been woken up. But if John really wanted to know ... Khan would tell him. The mention of a game instead had the man nodding, preferring another form of distraction for now. "How about we try something new instead," Khan proposed, standing up and rummaging through the room a bit. "It's a reinvented form of chess."

At least within this prison of sorts they had access to most of the necessities of home, so the usual words games and such they resorted to when stuck in a real cell were not necessary. Besides, John was absolute rubbish at most games, as the other had already said. Well … rubbish when going against him, at least. Might as well try something new for the both of them. Though as he hunted around the room for a holo board or game it looked like there was none to be found, unfortunately. Khan pulled out a bottle of scotch he found and raised an eyebrow, before putting it back. That could be for later entertainment, but for now ... he'd found a deck of old, worn-down cards, at least.

"Well John looks like entertainment is sorely lacking, so we'll just have to fall back onto one of the old favorites. Let's play draw poker," Khan announced, walking back over and sitting down in front of the couch so they could face each other. "And to make this interesting, instead of betting clothes, or money we do not have, we bet questions, hm? The questions have to be specific enough to be easily answered, but must be answered." He easily shuffled the cards between his hands, listening to the paper shuffle and blend loudly as he cut the deck and got to mixing the cards thoroughly. John was a horrible bluff, so Khan was quite sure he be able to win a majority of the time. Khan quite enjoyed the game though, being partially a creature forced to read others to his own advantage.

There was a light buzz noise at Kirk's door, and it was likely unsurprising to see Spock waiting outside as the Captain had predicted, waiting for the other to answer.

((A very cute song biggrin Probably one of my favorites from the movie))  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:00 pm
knux33

Jim followed after bones with his head hung only slightly, knowing he had upset his friend, but he knew that Bones couldn’t be to upset with him. He wasn't planning on just laying down and dying but he didn't see that there was much he could do with how it was all going. He figured Bones would know though, Bones would figure something out, and if Bones figured something out then he didn't have to worry and that was another reason why he had ventured back to the ship. Jim chuckled when the other told him to sit down, nodding slowly, he didn't like the immediate pinch of a hypo though. He hated the damn things and the pout that formed on his face just couldn’t be helped.

He thought he was only getting one poke but Jim should have known Bones was never to be trusted and just when he thought the other was going to leave him be the man was poking him with another Hypo and telling him to rest. Jim wasn't going to protest, not this time, he had put his friend through too much recently to do that to him. Jim bid the other farewell then decided it would be best for him to catch up on some of the papers he had to write, maybe forge some document about the whole Khan thing, while he was sitting around and resting in his rooms.

He got through about two requests and legal documents when he heard the buzz from his door. He wasn't expecting anyone so soon, he thought maybe Bones was coming back to stick him with another thing, but when he opened the door he was surprised to instead see Spock standing there. Jim quickly removed the reading glasses that he had perched on his nose, he barely let Bones know he needed the damn things, then looked up at Spock with a rather curious look. "Hey Spock what's up?" Jim stood awkwardly for a moment then realized he was blocking the door way and stepped to the side to let the other in.

They had said they were friends yes but things were still…rocky sometimes. They rarely showed it though it was there and it made things like this a bit strange for the both of them.

John watched the other and when he heard the idea for chess he chuckled a bit. He was horrible at that game, absolutely horrible, and Khan knew this but he would play it either way. John was a tactician yes but it was easier to think with real people than to think with pawns on a chess board that could only move certain ways. You can test peoples capabilities but you cannot test a set piece in a game… then again that may have changed with the new way of chess. John was slightly relived though as Khan started searching around and couldn’t find anything like the game he was looking for but instead the man came up with a pack of cards. John was honestly surprised because the last time he saw a deck of cards was back when they were in the training and testing.

After the wars things like that sort of just got… forgotten. They didn't really play those kinds of games and John was having a hard time even remembering what poker was but hell he was up for playing it. John nodded at the rules, willing to play for questions, because Khan was right in his assumption…John was horrible at bluffing but stretching the truth? He could do that any day. Khan seemed to forget that John had been in the military and sometimes card games were all you could play and you had to learn how to at least fool those who knew you really well and John knew how to trick Khan. John sat up and shrugged a bit "Would be more fun as strip poke I admit… though to be honest you would beat me out on that still." John chuckled and just leaned back as they started up their game.

He didn't know what Khan would ask him then he won, because he would, so when He lost he was eager to see. "So what will you ask me when you know so much about me?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:15 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Spock stood patiently with his hands behind his back in one of the usual posture he waited for the door to open, raising one of his black eyebrows as Jim quickly fumbled to remove what looked to be reading glasses off of his face. Interesting; he hadn't known the other needed such a visual corrector. Then again a Captain of a ship does far more talking than reading, with the entire bridge speaking what as happening at their individual stations when directed, as a audio reply was far faster than anything written down, keeping the ship working as a cohesive whole. Reading only needed to be done when there was paperwork involved.

"I've come to further discuss your current medical condition," Spock said as 'casually' as ever, stepping into Kirk's room as the other moved to let him in. He noted the paperwork, but just found a place to stand while looking at Kirk. Friends they were, yes, but Spock was used to acting formally in most if not nearly all situations. So he only paused a moment before going on. "Kirk I believe it would be best you remained in your quarters resting unless an issue comes up with which your presence as commanding officer is necessary. It is imperative that you focus on your health; even if you desire to put up an illogical strong front," Spock said firmly, clearly thinking Jim was likely to push himself too far. "... What did Doctor McCoy say about your condition?" Spock added meaningfully, figuring even if Kirk didn't want to listen to him, Bones was likely to have said something along the same lines if Kirk's condition really was bad enough to warrant it.

Khan was rather good at remembering things; good and bad. Before and after. So he refreshed John on the rules and seemed more than willing to play the game. "Oh, but if we played strip poker the game would end far too quickly," he said, eyes on his cards. As he won the first round, Khan only smiled ... in a not-too-pleasing way. "Believe you me, finding questions to ask will not be difficult. For instance," Khan's smile turned a bit rebuking, "exactly how long did you sit in your pod again before coming out?"

And of course with John's answer the other sighed. Two days; far too long. Perhaps twelve hours he could understand for someone not quite a 'quick on the uptake' as he was, but forty-eight hours sitting with a wound becoming infected was far to risky. "I'm going to have to give you some refreshers then," Khan said simply, taking the cards back and shuffling the deck once again. A good warm-up question, though he did have more things on his mind to ask. So, he took a bit of a risk as they got their next hands. He smiled--though the hand he'd gotten was not very good--and looked at John. "How about I raise the pot to two questions this round," he wagered. Khan tended to act more confident when he was in less-secure situations, though he also strutted when he did have all the cards in hand as well sometimes, making the fine line between bluff and truth a thin one ... but one someone close could possibly figure out.

Bones sat in the med bay, scanning the metal hunk he'd pulled out of John's leg and analyzing blood and tissue samples he'd gotten off of the blond, as per Jim's orders trying to figure out exactly what they were dealing with, and just how similar strength-wise John was to Khan. Though it was soon clear John had been telling the truth that most pain killers and such had the exact opposite effect on him than intended. It would be more tricky to test much more on the limited samples he had, but Bones was able to scrap up enough to test both sedatives and a miniature phaser-shot. Khan was ... alarmingly resistant to stun shots, and it would be good to know whether (if the worst was to happen or the situation went to hell) it would be at all possible to safely drop John before throwing everything including the kitchen sink at Khan.  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:07 pm
knux33

Jim sat back down with his paperwork as Spock spoke, listening silently, then he clasped his hands together and leaned back in his chair at his desk. Jim couldn’t help it, he really couldn’t, he started laughing. Not at Spock but at the situation that they were in yet again, because this was all rather twisted in his head, and while it wasn't a full laugh the chuckle sounded rather harsh even to his own ears at the own question. "You both ask the impossible from me and you know it Spock." Jim grinned up at the other then set his reading glasses on his desk and rubbed his eyes before shaking his head.

"I can't do that Spock, I can't stay here in my quarters like I am dying, I can't be… quarantined like that again." Jim stared past Spock at the wall, mentally reliving the moment he was behind that glass and it was just him and Spock. Watching the other fall apart before him as he drifted into a terrifying darkness he knew nothing about. Jim had only ever let Spock know how truly afraid he had been in that moment, how scared he was of dying, he had only ever told the other about what that moment had brought to him. The fear he had felt was child like, brought on from a situation he should have never been in when he was younger, and now he wished he could tell his friend about that situation and explain the child like fear because it was coming back.

"Bones told me to rest yes but he knows me and so do you. So I won't hide in my quarters but… I will stay here for a while. I am sure Bones can fix what's wrong with me too, he's like Scotty only with me, he's fixed me up before." Jim focused back on Spock and then looked away. "Do you… Would you like to play chess Spock? It will keep me from running off and doing anything I shouldn’t be." Jim motioned to the 3D chess set he had on his desk.

John was a bit surprised by the question he was asked and gave his answer shortly. He didn't explain that the whole reason it took two days was because he was just trying to learn exactly where he was and that there were long stints of silence. Not to mention to active Hologram that kept him hidden blocked his view so he was working largely off of sound once he started that up but you know, Khan could judge as he wanted to, since he seemed to be the expert on waking up ready to escape a bad situation. John huffed a bit and decided he wouldn’t play nice for the next game, not nice at all, and one moment he was giving things away then the next he was stone faced and bored looking.

He grimaced a bit at his hand as Khan upped the stakes, even though he had an amazing hand, and he let the other go in thinking that he was going to do well either way. John could see the mild hesitation though, the ticks he had gotten to know very well, and then he set down his cards and won the game. "Do you admit you mildly admire Kirk? Because I can tell you do you big lug and what did you do to that stuffy b*****d? The one that sounds like he has a stick up his a**? Last time you talked to someone like that… well." John wasn't going to mention name because that would be bad but Khan would get the gist. He was poking fun at the other though, not wanting to be too serious, Khan may like serious questions but John wanted to hear a story in full detail later not when the other was being forced because he was losing a game.

"Also next time I win you also have to take something off because I have a feeling it's going to be rare." John chuckled and rubbed at his leg. For them it was a game now, nothing personal, they had seen so much of each other in the past however long that until it got down to boxers they were used to somehow ripping each other's clothes off in a completely platonic way.

((John may still be in denial…. A bit… >.> Like he's waiting for the other to say yes to it all before he admits they are anything because he doesn’t want to hurt Khan/Sherlock…. Though I think a kiss would be adorable XD))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:40 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

The Vulcan looked none too amused at Kirk's chuckling and the other's flat refusal to at least do that much, even if it was to be expected from Jim Kirk that sitting around quietly in his room wasn't an option. It would hardly be impossible if I simply tied you down onto your bed, Spock thought in his frustration; Jim seemed to be one of the few people that pushed his buttons on a regular basis. Though the moment Jim said 'quarantined' Spock realized he'd clearly misstepped in his suggestion, seeing a ghost of the look Kirk had had back when ... he'd died. It was hard even remembering as Kirk had looked so vulnerable, so impossibly alone beyond the glass, because of the sheer rawness of of emotions that rose up in him that the half-Vulcan was usually very adept at keeping locked down. All his life he'd battled with emotions, battled with being both Vulcan and human. But in that moment ... all he'd cared about was how small Kirk had looked collapsed against the doorframe, and the horror in his own heart as the light and life had faded out of his friends eyes for what he'd thought would be forever. That ... was something Spock never wanted to have happen again; something he never wanted to have even a remote possibility of happening again.

"You are not a ship, Kirk," Spock couldn't stop the frustrated words from coming out as the captain tried to brush off his illness as something that could simply be 'fixed'. Clearing his throat, Spock held back a sigh at his own 'outburst', though around folks like Scotty and Bones his clipped words were not much of a comparison for their shouting and curses. "By all rights it's what some would call a 'miracle' you're even here now. There are no documents or archives to compare data or experience with; you are the one and only man to ever have been brought back after such an experience with blood from one such as Khan. For all we know the tremors could be a side effect that will go away with time, or may stay with you for the rest of your days. It is unknown whether you may even acquire more symptoms or side-effects in the coming days, weeks, or even years after this event. Kirk ..." Spock paused, then sighed through his nose. "... My apologies. I'm sure you're already well aware of all of those facts," he said, all of it having just come out thanks to the worry he felt for Jim.

A man was not a ship; you could not put him together neatly or whole after being blown apart. And even if you got the body functioning again, there was no telling how the man would be changed afterwards. Feelings; and perhaps what some called a 'soul', that was a core you could not repair or replace easily if it was broken or lost. And as infuriating and worrying as Kirk was, Spock did not want to ever again loose the spark the blond had in his eyes.

"..." Silently Spock went over to the empty chair and pulled it over to Kirk's desk, sitting down and beginning to get the multi-platform boardgame set up. "Anything to keep you from doing anything highly illogical," Spock replied shortly, and let Kirk make the first move. Spock played with Kirk quietly, though as pieces moved across, up, down, and all over the place in ways the Vulcan was quite familiar with, he spoke up once more. "I wasn't aware you know how to play this game. You've never offered to play with myself or Chekov," he said, changing the subject. Though, to be fair Spock and Chekov were possibly two of the best players at the game on board the entire ship, both working well with such rigid moveplay and rules in place.

Khan blinked when John lowered his hand to reveal amazing cards, a look akin to a pout forming on his face at getting duped. He sighed, but answered John's questions. "No, I do not admit it," Khan said, though really ... John was right, he did admire the tenacious captain in a way, even if Kirk had largely followed Admiral Marcus's orders when they'd first met. But ... the man had also listened to what he had to say and believed him, despite most of his crew not trusting a single word out of Khan terrorist's-mouth. It took a different kind of strength to be more than just any good underling or soldier, and also a free-thinking individual not afraid to go for what he believed in.

"As for Mr Spock," Khan went on, shuffling their cards with a thoughtful look on his face, "I presume at one point or another he believed I was responsible for the death of Captain Kirk. And I might've been, though he sounded well enough over the comm." Khan said 'presume' because the mad dash through the panicked streets after he's crashed his ship into earth had been quite quick and intense. Though at one point the Vulcan had tried to get into his head, he'd felt that much, though luckily for Khan his mind had many rooms, and most of them were well-locked. The supper-human had even managed to feel a bit of the turmoil that had been going on inside the half-Vulcan, and had felt the feelings oddly mirror his own loss and drive for vengeance.

Shrugging, Khan delt the next hand. "The stuffy b*****d as you call him is half human, and half of an alien race that call themselves the Vulcan. He can meld his mind with another's, and also has the ability to do something called the Vulcan nerve pinch; a way to render someone else unconscious. Quite a dangerous individual, as his strength is near to on-par with my own. Do try to avoid him if at all possible."

Looking at his new cards, Khan kept himself neutral this time around. Half the fun with a game such as poker was how people tried giving off fake tells, and trying to mask what they thought were their own tells, making the game full of bluffing, double-bluffing, and all sorts of games. "Alright; we'll make this questionnaire and strip poker. But you have to remove you clothing as well John; starting now," Khan said, laying a rather good hand down with a grin. "Go on, take something off. And do tell me why you're being so open with this crew while you do so," Khan asked, curious. John hadn't told them everything, but the man had been quite open with those Khan didn't exactly want to trust.

((Adorable indeed <3))  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:42 pm
knux33

John pouted slightly at having to also strip down, wanting to protest that it would be harder for him, but he guessed it was the price to pay for losing. He had a feeling he would lose the next hand so instead of removing something big he slipped off the shoes he was wearing and leaned back a little bit more. John chuckled at Khans question, the curiosity a little heartwarming, then he shrugged. "Because you were not and will not be. Because no one knows, because HUMANS are sympathetic to a fault, because somebody needs to know what happened to me beside you…" John sighed and leaned his head back. "Because after the storm it makes me feel a little better knowing that people see you for what you are and not the monster you were made into. They'll never see what I do, they'll never see the smiles I have, but if they can at least see you are not what… what you have been made into then I will share as many of my wounds as I can."

John shrugged a bit after that then picked up the cards himself and started shuffling them. He had a feeling this game was going to be filled with serious questions like that so he guessed it was no holding back now. He would ask what he wanted and Khan could squirm all he wanted. John dealt the cards and this time he got a win so he looked at Khan "Did you go back to London?" Some would think it was a stupid question but for him and Khan… it was very important, it meant one of them hit rock bottom, it meant they thought everything was gone. Going back to London for Khan always meant he was going to enact revenge on someone and that he had been put through more than just losing John, John always knew what yes meant, and for John going back to London meant he lost Khan somehow and he was on his own. That he thought the other was dead and he would wait there until the other either showed up or… or he ran out of time.

John raised an eyebrow at Khan, knowing the other wouldn’t like the question and trying to make a point, this was supposed to be a game not something painful and he was making it difficult. Khan also couldn’t forget that John was the only person that knew exactly how to push the others buttons. This game was going to get worse though before they stopped and John knew it, he knew how this would go, because they were both hard headed. They would go until they were both angry and then John would break and they would stop or maybe just this once Khan would break first and John would come out the victor.

Jim watched the other set up the chess board and then made the first move. Jim hummed a little as the game went on, not really thinking about small talk, but then Spock was the one that started it up. Jim looked up at the other with a little confusion before chuckling. "I don't play the conventional way. It's all legal but I played Chekov once and I think I broke him for a good day and a half." Jim chuckled a little to himself at that memory. The Russian had seemed rather surprised with Jim's win and his game play and even left the rec room looking shell shocked. Jim moved his pieces around in a seemingly very random way and watched Spock move as predicted before jumping his pieces easily out of the way and grinning a little wider.

((I think they should kiss.))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:41 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Khan sighed quietly at John's reply, obviously disproving of the answer but just turning his eyes to watch John's hands shuffle the deck of cards. He didn't want John to open up those old wounds for him; he didn't want the doctor hurting himself just at the chance to try to gain some sympathy, no matter what John thought. To Khan it was somehow a failing on his own part; John getting hurt because of him. John needing other people to know besides him. There was a bit of hurt and jealousy, hearing that from John, but Khan hid those feelings because they were not rational. And because the next hand had already been delt, so he tried to focus on the next round, but inevitably ended up loosing.

He was contemplating which article of clothing to take off (being fresh from the med bay, he had no shoes or socks; not even a nice jacket with a high collar, leaving him limited to a shirt, pants, and undergarment) when John asked that question. He stiffened, slowly looking at John and the other's raised eyebrow, realizing what the blond was getting at but going over the memories brought up by the question. Slowly, Khan removed his shirt as he scrapped together a reply, a rather humorless chuckle leaving his throat before he tossed the shirt off to the side, staring at it.

"Yes. Yes, I did go back to London. That ... that was the archive I mentioned earlier. I blew it up, John." Because I thought you were dead. But you know what 'yes' means. "But it wasn't just an archive ... the basement levels were one of several secret bases I got to ... tour, and this particular, special, little base had somethings I needed to destroy." A sharp edge was creeping into his tone, but all the steel in his gaze was directed hostility at a far wall, mixed with a primal pleasure at hitting someone who had gut-punched him first.

"But that had only been my first swing in retaliation. And ... a testing. Because blowing up that base meant blowing up all the prototype torpedoes I'd created that hadn't been part of the finished and special 72 ... 72 with one particular extra-special cargo. Because I got rid of all the torpedo there, the fine late Admiral had no choice but to use the 72 that were precious; to save them for his plans ... if Marcus hadn't already detonated them all already. Because that was what I had thought had happened, John." Khan shook his head, upper torso unbruised or injured despite the numerous medical shots to keep him sedated and restraints he'd been stuck in before John had come to his rescue; Khan was quite the quick healer.

He'd only given John a fragment of the more detailed version of his time without the other, but it was clearly a touchy subject. And John knew it, and Khan new things were going to get unpleasant but didn't care because Khan couldn't help his horrible habit of attacking even if he didn't always entirely mean to. Khan snatched up the cards and shuffled them messily, agitated but still moving forward ... though agitated wasn't exactly the best way to try winning at poker. So it was with a heavy sigh Khan saw John win again and mentally blamed luck on his losses, before pulling off his pants and looking at John.

"... Well?" he asked, ready for the next question, even if he really wasn't. Though being mostly-naked before the doctor didn't seem to bother him much at all.

Spock raised both eyebrows when Kirk said he'd beaten Chekov, raising an eyebrow. The Russian was one of the few humans to ever beat a actual super-computer that specialized in playing chess and that alone. To hear Kirk beat the young ensign either meant the other was ... surprising. Though hearing the word 'unconventional' had Spock picturing Kirk somehow managing to fool the poor curly-haired young man one way or another in order to win.

So the Vulcan watched Kirk's moves as they went on, blinking as the other moved his pieces as chaotically as any novice who barely had understanding of the game. There looked to be no order or logic behind the moves; until Kirk started playing 'catch me if you can' with them. As Kirk's grin grew wider and wider Spock's frown grew deeper and deeper, managing to get Kirk into 'check' a few times but the other just kept slipping things around. "... Kirk if we keep playing this way I predict we will be at it for at least 2.7 more hours and 13 minutes," Spock deduced, making another move and glancing at Jim. It was distracting, seeing the other so positively pleased with himself.

((... Perhaps yes~ >D ))  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:21 pm
knux33

When John got the answer he wanted he still wasn't pleased because Khan was fighting rather hard and this was coming to some rather unpleasant conclusions. People always called them the monsters, always said that he and Khan were terrorists, they never took into account the hell that they had to go through. John had been tortured more times than he could count, the scars covered every inch of his damn body, and while Khan's numbers didn't reach his they were still more than the average person and it was not… okay. John took a deep breath then played the next hand even though he knew that he would probably win considering Khans unstable state.

John stared at the other for a moment knowing what he wanted to ask and then he took a deep breath and leaned forward. "Are you still in there Sherlock? That's all I want to know… I want to know if you are still you or if you will let that misguided revenge you have already gotten blind you so much that you will hide away behind that mask. I tried so very hard for so very long to bring you back and to then I wake up and your gone again. What am I supposed to do with that? Will you even let me try again?" John sighed then tossed his cards on the table and stood, even on his bad leg. "This was a horrible idea. Even when I win I lose to you." John huffed and pulled off the red over shirt that he was wearing.

John shuffled around to Khan then stopped him from moving. He looked down at the other and touched his shoulder "I wished a while ago people would just leave us alone, that we could hide away, and we tried that. We hid behind a planet in a deep sleep and didn't make a peep but we were still found. Exploited and I know now we need protection, for all we are, because unless you want to be rid of me people will always have a way to use you and I hate it so much. You blame yourself for all of this in that big head of your but I know everything from the moment the game was on till now… was lost because I was your weakness. I am telling you this now because I don't know what will happen next, if we will go back to sleep or not, and while I would like to believe we will never have to do that again I think we will and I want you to know how sorry I am for what it's done to you. All that has happened to me means nothing compared to what it has done to you." John sighed and touched the others hair a moment. Last time he didn't say it because he thought they would be okay, they would be safe, but now he just didn't know.

Jim looked up at Spock when he mentioned how long the game would take, then looked down to the board, and shook his head just as he put Spock in 'Check mate'. "No Spock it would have if I was playing how you expected me to." Jim leaned back in his chair because the move was one Spock had used just before to put him in Check that had not worked because of Jims set up but because of how Jim was playing it worked for him. The all over movements were perfect for him to confuse and set up a tactical advantage. "You and Checkov both play like computers… computers won't sacrifice pieces willingly or notice when the seemingly all over the place playing is a tactical invasion all over the board." Jim grinned a little wider and chuckled. He left the board so Spock could look it over.

"I know it seems mad to you but it works for me and people expect the crazy novice moves even though they are more than that." Jim chuckled then stood and moved around his desk to go get some water but instead he was hit by a dizzy spell and felt himself pitching over as the world went dark.

((YES! and it should be a good kiss biggrin ))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:44 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Khan froze at John's question, not surprised but having to look inward for the answer to the question. There wasn't an easy 'yes' or 'no' readily available; he'd been brushing off John's slips of the tongue but had known the other would ask the inevitable question. Which would follow with an unavoidable headache because as events had progressed since his waking into the usual shift to Khan; back in the old days Sherlock had assumed many personas it had been second-nature, but after the eugenics ... 'Khan' had become more of a permanent addition. It seemed to simply be the way he'd been re-wired, though with John around Sherlock tended to shine through. John was the humanity for the both of them, and without him around ... Well all of San Fransisco could attest to how wonderful things were like when that happened.

Khan almost stood, wanting to move a bit but John was already standing up and taking off his shirt. Well the other had asked far more than one question, so it was only fair the other lost the shirt. He had one hand against his face when John stood by him, speaking on. So ... no more running, huh. This was it, do or die ... or repeat the usual series of events, anyway. But John saying what was done to him was not as bad as what had happened to himself? Nonsense. John had been tortured so many damn times--

Khan shook his head, pressing his fingers to his temples; he still hadn't answered the other's question. Better get around to that instead of the inevitable 'no, you had it worse' argument. The thinking pose was a familiar one; the mind palace was still in there after all. Most if it was just ... locked-up tight and in a bit of disarray after everything. Khan looked around and sighed, walking through the rooms he always had access to and tried forcing open a few that were part of Sherlock's half of their palace with little luck. All the trying to force doors was giving him a migraine already, so he prowled around waiting for Sherlock to make his own appearance because usually when John was the one asking the detective in him came out sooner or later.

As John touched the other's hair, he sighed, holding back a wince before lowering one hand, the other holding his head as he gazed up at John with a half-smile on his face. "Come now, Watson. Giving up on me already? You know how 'stiff' I get when you're not around; just look at my bloody hair," he sighed, then poked the other in the stomach. "John you really do need to lay off the cryo-tube naps. It makes your weight go straight to your thighs." Blunt and observant as ever. Sherlock got to his feet, even though this rather quick switch looked to be giving him a rather punishing pounding to the brain, and embraced the doctor.

And then kissed him before poor John could even get over the shock of him being ... well, Sherlock. Not just a peck either, but a full-blown, possible tongue action kiss going on. Then Sherlock pulled out of it, blinking at John's expression before sighed out: "What? That's what people do at strip-poker games." And by people he of course meant 'normal people'. He sat down on the couch, rubbing one of his temples. It wasn't exactly usual for Sherlock to surge back so strongly so quickly, and clearly wasn't an event that was likely to last long.

Spock stared at the board, clearly stunned into silence. He was still trying to figure out what had apparently just happened when he saw Jim wobble out of the corner of his eye, and was on his feet and nearly tripping on the corner of the desk as he grabbed the blond before he could completely hit the floor. "Kirk, Kirk," Spock said urgently, cradling the Captain and carrying him over to the bedroom, laying Kirk out so he could get a better look at the other while trying to wake him, one hand on his comm as he prepared to dial Bones immideatly.  

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:12 pm
knux33

John watched the other press his fingers to his temples and then suddenly, like a flash, there he was. There was the original brilliant Sherlock that he had come to know and care so damn much for making remarks on his weight, which he knew was just a joke because he was in the best shape he had ever been in even with the leg and cryo sleep, it was such a change that John almost choked. If he was one prone to it he would have cried, he would have started bawling, because it was like having the man back fully all of a sudden without any warning. It was like when they would search for each other in london no matter how much it changed and John just wanted to take Sherlock and hold him there. He wanted to keep the bloody fool right where he was forever because this was the person he missed the most out of anyone else and he saw him so rarely that it broke his heart in half.

What John wasn't expecting was the kiss, not ever, because he had been in this situation with SHERLOCK before. Strip games were just a joke for them and had never lead to anything but suddenly here it was and John wasn't sure what to do with what had just happened to him. Stayed stunned, unable to look at Sherlock for a moment, before he covered his mouth with a hand and just… stood there. He thought it would be horrible, bad, that he would hate it but then again he didn't know why he would because he couldn’t hate anything the other did. No matter if it was Khan or Sherlock John just couldn’t find it in himself to hate the others actions and to think that he would hate that?

They had slept in the same bed before, they constantly touched each other, god everyone had been right they were gay. Not gay just… loved each other and John didn't know why it took a random kiss from his mentally broken friend to be able to tell that. John didn't even realize his hands were shaking until he slid the hand on his mouth up to run through his hair. He shook his head after a moment then looked back to Sherlock and kneeled down beside the man. "You idiot. Don't lie to me and say that kind of BS." John huffed a bit then pressed lightly behind the others ears and on the side of his temples to relieve some of the pressure and ache from the head ache.

"I never give up… I just wonder how hard it will be to get you back to you. I care for you whether you are you or Khan Sher, do not get me wrong, but I want the person I originally… loved here." John tried not to wince as he shifted on his aching leg, cursing the inability for pain meds, he really wished he could have them like the others but unfortunately he was not the lucky one. "Also next time you decide to kiss me don't give me an excuse. We both have hidden behind enough excuses to last twelve of our life times." John chuckled a bit while still relieving some of the pressure. He did what he could but he had never seen such a… change before. Usually it was slow and not sudden like this but then again they didn't usually go through so much.

The world went black for Jim and when he came back to himself Spock had him on his bed and was saying his name. The vulcan looked ready to launch into medical procedure himself should no one arrive soon enough and while Jim was flattered he couldn’t help but wonder how he ended up on his bed and feel only slightly giddy to have Spock there with him. Not in a sexual way though just to have him there… dammnit this was why he slept around. He needed to stop thinking that way about Spock, the bloody freaking elf, if he didn't then Uhura would kill him even if Jim was sure they were not together anymore.

"No need to call the doc Spock. Unless you want Bones to join us?" He chuckled but it killed him a little inside because it would ruin whatever protectiveness was currently running through the vulcan for the time being.  
Role Playing 1x1

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff