Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:42 pm
"Don't worry...." She continued. "Okay- we'll get the doctors, and we'll figure out whats going on."
She watched him for a few ore seconds, taking a couple of deep breaths that were much more difficult to make then they should have been.
She watched him as he curled in on himself.
"Luke... can you hear me?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:52 pm
He focused on drawing breath properly as the irregularity of his breathing patterns began to precipitate into lightheadedness, glancing aside momentarily when he realized that he had been addressed. Luke, Luke, Luke - he had to assume that that was his name, but the fact that he didn't recognize it made him sick. Swallowing back the feeling, he nodded once, stiffly.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:07 pm
"Okay... I'll be right back." She told him, pushing herself to her feet. "I'm going to go find a nurse."

She hesitated for a couple of seconds, giving him enough time to respond if he wanted too before she made her way out of the room to find a staff.
Placing a shaking hand over her mouth she let out a pitiful sob, before forcing herself to contain it.
Please please, this had to be just a passing thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:37 pm
The nurse Rosie found heard her explanation and relayed it to the doctor, the latter promising to return to speak with them both at her next opportunity. Luke (he tried very hard to associate the name to himself, if only for a want of the comfort of an identity) spent the time that they waited sitting on the bed's stiff mattress with his knees drawn up and his head turned from his company, moving only to accept the sedative he was offered to help assuage his anxiety.

When the doctor appeared, she posed a few questions that Luke was unable to answer and performed a brief memory exercise, the aim of which seemed to be to ensure that he was still able to form memories properly. With that confirmed, she spoke of a psychological phenomenon that she called dissociative amnesia: the loss of the memory of self identity and past experiences. It was typically caused, she explained, by physical trauma such as concussions or tumors, but it also sometimes occurred as a defense mechanism following a stressful event. Given what she knew of the events that had led to her patient's wounded arm, she thought it safe to assume that this was a case of the latter, but for safety's sake she insisted on performing the scans that would give them confirmation.

It was already deep into the evening by the time the hospital seemed satisfied with the tests and scans they had chosen to run; Luke was allowed a respite, but only within the confines of the emergency room where he had been admitted.

"I think it's safe to conclude that this is a psychological matter," the doctor explained, looking over the papers that had resulted from the day's activities, "but we'd still like him to stay overnight, just in case of any unexpected developments."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:59 pm
It was a long process, Rosie didn't know what was going on half the time, just putting her trust into the doctors that they knew how to find out... they certainly were doing a lot of tests.

By the end of it Rosie was still sitting in the chair that she had spent most of her day in, hands closed on her knees and waiting for the Doctors news.
So... it was Psychological?
She nodded softly to him staying that they wanted Luke to stay over night, glancing over to the red head before looking back at the Doctors. "Is... whatever this is opening him up to more risks, or..." She asked. Still not sure what was going on to begin with. "What does it mean that its psychological? Is that... better?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:14 pm
"I'm not sure I could say it's better, unfortunately," the doctor said, lowering the papers in her hands to her waist. "If it were physiological, we could give treatment. But if it's psychological, then it's not so much a problem in the brain as it is in the mind, which is considerably more unpredictable and difficult to treat. He could wake up tomorrow as good as new, or - and I'm sorry for how apocalyptic this sounds - he may never remember everything. Sometimes psychotherapy makes all the difference, and sometimes it's just... not meant to be." She rounded her shoulders lightly, wearing a sympathetic expression. "For now, for both of your sakes, I recommend taking things one day at a time. Get some rest tonight, and you can think about what you want to do tomorrow when tomorrow comes."

Luke listened with a sense of removal that made him feel like he was watching a movie. The sheer nature of it was almost impossible to wrap his head around it, and yet he understood it perfectly in an instant just from trying to determine if he really knew the blonde woman as much as she said he should.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:33 pm
She lowered her gaze as the doctor explained just how uncertain this situation was, and how little any of them would actually affect the outcome.
The Doctor had said that it could be next day, just as easily as Luke could not remember for the rest of his life.
Tomorrow, he could be back to normal, and they could go home... but then... what if this wasn't something that he would come out of... especially considering what happened the last time he lost his memory...

Rosie clenched her hands in her lap, her shoulders tensing,
He had never gotten his childhood memories back...

Lifting her blue eyes back up to the Doctor, and gave a nod to show that she understood. Though she still had so many questions, she knew it had been a long day, especially for Luke, who had to go through all those tests. Maybe revisiting this tomorrow would be better.
"Okay... thank you Doctor."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:44 pm
The doctor gave a sympathetic smile and nod, "We allow visitors all night, so feel free to stay as long as you like." She turned to address Luke specifically, gesturing to the call button clipped to the side rail of the bed, "And don't hesitate to call a nurse if there's anything you need."

With that and a departing wish for the best, the doctor exited the room, drawing the door shut quietly behind her.

Luke picked idly at the gauze that covered his arm, unsure of what to say in the wake of the silence the physician left behind her. He didn't really like the idea of staying all night in that sterile-smelling place, but he couldn't begin to imagine what kind of sights would overwhelm him once he did leave the hospital. It was awkward, made even more awkward by the unfamiliar girl who seemed so invested in his well-being despite the fact that he couldn't even think of her name. He felt that it was polite to speak to her, but he wasn't sure what in the world he could say.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:25 pm
"Good night." Rosie told the Doctor as walked out of the room, leaving a long silence. She wasn't sure what must be going through Luke's head, other then confusion... he had been wearing that look all day.
But she couldn't say she knew what to do herself.

After a moment Rosie looked up, breaking the silence as she finally spoke.
"I... was thinking of staying tonight." She started, a small smile feathering her lips, helping it grow a little more in a kindly manner as she lifted her head a little more. "But I understand if you want to have some time alone... After all those tests all day and everything."
She wanted to stay, she wanted to be able to be here, to know that he was okay, and that maybe if he did remember, that she could be there.
But with Luke as he was, she couldn't really know what kind of call to make.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:12 am
He straightened in attention as he realized he was being addressed, looking to the speaker. He considered the words as she said them, searching himself for a way to respond. "Uh..." He turned his gaze back to his lap. It seemed as though he was supposed to be close to the girl, and he felt bad acting like she was a stranger - though with things as they were, that was essentially true. He fidgeted apprehensively as he gave his reply, "I... I don't mind either way." Not entirely truthful, as the idea of being trapped in that room all night, alone, knowing nothing, was almost scary to imagine, but he wasn't sure how much comfort the presence of someone he didn't know would give. "If you want to stay, though, I, um... There are a lot of questions I'd kind of like to ask."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:00 am
There was a moment of relief when Rosie got the impression that it would be okay for her to stay, and she certainly intended to now. She nodded to show she understood, keeping her soft smile on
"Alright, I'll stay then, if that's okay."

At his comment about having questions Rosie tilted her head gently "Oh- yeah sure." She started, she could imagine that he had a lot of questions, though she wasn't sure how far this memory loss went. she knew it was a lot more complicated when it came to matters of the brain.
"What kind of things did you want to ask?"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:24 am
He tented his fingers uneasily. "I don't really know where to start..." His posture was rigid, his forehead creased with concern, though the sedative he'd been administered earlier kept the worst of his anxiety at bay. 'Tell me everything about everything' didn't seem like a reasonable request, but there was so much he didn't know that he couldn't even imagine what it all was. "I guess... I'd like to know about myself. My name, how old I am, my family... why my arm hurts, why I passed out, why I don't know anything-- Though that last one isn't really fair to ask, I guess." From how the doctor had spoken, it sounded like kind of an anomaly for which there was little explanation or treatment.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:06 pm
Rosie settled back into the seat, pulling one knee up so that she would wrap her hands around her leg.
she swallowed the lump in her throat as Luke asked his question, feeling a growing pit in her stomach as she tried to not be too upset over the fact that she was having to tell her fiance about himself.
"Well, To start, your name is Luke, Luke fon Fabre. Not too long ago you turned twenty... and your family, uh... well, you have a father, but your relationship with him its... not good." She explained her voice dropping to that of regret at the last explanation.

She lowered her eyes down to his arm,
"Mmm... its okay, I really wish I could give you an answer for that, but I don't really know why you passed out, or why you forgot everything." She swallowed again. "I mean- hopefully its temporary. But- from what I understand from the doctors it could have had something to do with the shock that you were in before you blacked out."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:22 pm
He wore a sideways frown, "That's an awfully pretentious name." He supposed he didn't really have any choice over the family into which he was born, though, so he hoped the arrogant sound of it wasn't a reflection of his attitude. He tilted his head slightly aside, mildly puzzled. Mention of a father, but none of a mother. He wondered how that came about. "Not good... like how?" he pursued curiously. "Well, I kind of got the impression that I must not be on good terms with my family, since it's been all day and you're the only one who's been here... U-Unless you're family, I mean." He added the statement quickly, hoping she wouldn't be offended; he wouldn't have been surprised if she was a sister or something, though thinking again, she probably would have mentioned something like that already.

"Shock," he repeated thoughtfully, unsurprisingly incapable of thinking anything. "Do you know what happened?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:51 pm
Rosie couldn't help but smile at his comment. "Its normal where you're from; a place called Grand Ile, its pretty far from here... oh- uh- 'here' being Kodo. Its also probably in part becasue you're from a noble family in Grand Ile too. They all have really pretty names."
"Well, your father had expectations of you that you didn't agree with, He wanted you to follow a political career, but, that was never a path you wanted for yourself, you tried though, and when you had enough your dad didn't take it well, so you had a falling out." She explained, looking a little down cast. "That also happened pretty recently."

Mention of other family, Rosie looked up, blinking as tried to back peddle in a manner that suggested he was worried about insulting her or something.
"In a way, I guess you could say that..." she started, "We're engaged." It felt weird to say that, to have to tell him that, she had to pause and swallow the lump again. "Or uh... were... are, I uh..." She glanced back up at him "I guess... its a little complicated with things as they are now though."
She suddenly felt an overwhelming urge to start crying, she probably looked it, but managed to keep herself together, for his sake.

When he asked if she knew what happened, Rosie paused, and nodded her head softly.
"I was there, We were attacked by someone on our way up here, it got a little out of hand, and..."
Gosh it was a long story, without knowing the details one would think it strange, Rosie tried not to replay what happened that day, her hands tightening around her leg as she lowered her chin against her knee.
"We lost your best friend... after that- you just stopped talking, we could barely get you to move or look up, and then you just fell over."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff