[PRP] What To Do Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:33 pm
KO smiled and made an airy gesture. "Think nothing of it! So far as I see it the world owes you at least one drink, and if I buy one for you then I'm not drinking alone." There was always the possibility of one of Luke's friends turning up who might recognise him and wonder why he was acting as though he'd never met Luke before, but he could always make the claim of having got so drunk he remembered next to none of the party.

Luke with no memories! What did that mean for his poor young fiancĂ©e? What had her name been? Some flower name or other, not important. Either way it was pretty amusing from his point of view and felt karmic too, although he knew that technically this kid and his friends were 'the good guys' who should be building up good karma not bad. Just went to show that the world didn't give a damn what did with your life, and sometimes the only way to do well was to step over other people.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:42 pm
It was hard to decline in the face of continuing insistence, and so he exhaled a breath, accepted that there wasn't really any good reason for him to feel uneasy, and put on a polite smile, "I guess so... Okay."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:29 am
KO smiled again and made a small gesture over to the bar area. "Care to peruse the menu?... Or shall I guess what I think you might like? Without memories I suppose you might not have a preference that you know of." A sweet cocktail or sweet white whine would probably do, both were pretty well completely inoffensive even to people who claimed not to like alcohol. He never had understood people like that, nor had he bothered to try. Where was the fun in spending your life sober and safe? A drink or three and driving too fast down narrow midnight streets, now that was the way to live.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:38 am
"Oh, uh... No, I guess I'll just leave it to your judgment... I don't really know anything about it," he replied with an apologetic smile. Names or varieties, what he would prefer... His knowledge of this kind of thing was even more limited than usual. At least for most general subjects he had a rough sort of idea, some kind of textbook sense of understanding, but trying to put any thought towards the matter left him with a sense of blankness that slipped through his fingers like dry sand.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:47 am
"Well, alright then." If he was here for the evening he may as well start indulging he supposed. KO took a pokeball from his belt and released its occupant, a pale-coloured Raichu which stretched out comfortably before looking around at its surroundings.

While Duke got his bearings KO took a small notebook from one of the pockets on the inside of his jacket and scribbled an order, which he then handed to the pokemon along with a couple of folded bills from his wallet. "Take this to the bar, will you Duke? There's a martini on there for you."

"Chuuuuu!"

"That's what I thought."

As the electric type trotted off to get the drinks KO relaxed back into his chair again. If he could sow a little chaos amongst the trainers... well, it would be no bad thing, that was for sure. "So... your friends who are here with you. Were they there when- well, whatever it was happened? Now, I don't mean to be cynical, but how do you know who they are if you don't know yourself?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:01 pm
"One was," he replied, thinking of waking in the hospital and hearing the somewhat vague explanation from the girl who had been waiting for him. He frowned lightly. "Well, I don't know they are, really, but I know they know a lot of things about me. And I know-- Uh, one of them says she's my fiancee, apparently... I don't know for sure if everything she says is a fact, but I don't know what she has to gain from lying. I mean, I would just figure it out eventually anyway, right? When I remember..." If he remembered.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:09 pm
"Well, call me a cynic," KO shrugged, "but they might think they have something to gain from you before you remember. I mean, they can say anything they want is true can't they? If you have no idea, I mean."

Taking a small pause to let Luke think KO fetched a compact mirror out of his pocket to check his reflection. He hadn't actually felt the need to do so and he looked excellent, the pause itself was the thing.

"Sorry," he flashed a tight looking smile, "I am a cynic. I've learned the hard way that trust is a dangerous thing. But... if I were you I might take some time away by myself, away from anyone with claims to know 'who I was', or who I am. I'd rather remember myself without the influence of people claiming to know me, who might have an agenda to influence me. After all, even if they do know you and truly have your best interests at heart they can't know you as well as you knew yourself. Who knows what could jog your memory? I mean, I certainly don't of course. Do you think they do?...."

Hummm... yes! Oh, yes, that was a very pretty package of an idea.

"Say, do you have a wallet?" KO asked, still as casual as ever.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:31 pm
He was just a person, though; what could anyone gain from him? It didn't seem like he was involved in anything special or anything-- Oh, well, he was nobility, apparently, or maybe not...? It seemed like if he really was nobility, it would be a bigger deal, though he really couldn't imagine the purpose of telling someone that they were nobility if that weren't true.

His frown lingered. "I don't know... I've considered it, but I don't know if it's possible to be on my own like this. I don't know where I live or if I have any money, I don't know if I have a job, I don't know what my skills are - or were, I guess. But I don't know how I might remember, either. Even if they aren't telling the truth, how would shunning them help?"

The offhanded question, seemingly unrelated, drew a furrowed brow, and he brushed his hand over his pocket searchingly. "I think so...?" Indeed, he withdrew what appeared to be a wallet.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:39 pm
"Okay," KO nodded and made a light gesture to it. "Open it up and look at your receipts. That'll tell you were you spent money last and whether you stick with your supposed friends or not, it might give you places to start looking to jog your memories." If he was actually being helpful, well, nobody back at the hideout would find out and this was at least a diverting use of the afternoon.

At that point Duke returned with a tray bearing a Martini glass, two wine glasses, and a bottle of white wine in an ice bucket.

KO raised his eyebrows. "A bottle Duke?... And change?" Change. "Humm, I suppose they have a deal on," he shrugged, reaching casually for the pre-opened bottle to fill the two wine glasses.

Duke took the Martini, took a sip, and hopped up onto the couch to enjoy the rest of his drink.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:19 pm
He followed through the suggestion, leafing through the small number of receipts that were there. Camphoreon, Camphoreon... That was what Sera had said earlier, wasn't it? The place that was supposed to be his home. That lined up, at least. "The place is right," he said. "They said I lived in Camphoreon. I guess I would have to ask about the specific places, though..."

Though the more he thought about it... at least the blonde girl, he felt that he could trust her. She was with him and concerned about him before anyone had any idea that he'd lost his memories, and from what the hospital had said, amnesia couldn't be willfully induced. If she had any ulterior motives, she would have had to come up with them awfully quickly...  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:24 pm
"Well," KO shrugged and held out a glass to Luke, "that's a good start I suppose? You could always go off for a wander, see the sights, try to clear your head. You could send your friends a message so they don't worry, if you have a dex?" It wouldn't take him long to work out that he had one if he did, so discouraging him from thinking about it was probably pointless. Probably. KO was charming, he knew that, but he hardly claimed to be a master manipulator.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:43 pm
He accepted the glass that was passed to him with a nod of thanks, his expression quiet in contemplation. "I might," he said at length. "Not today, though. I can put up with being manipulated for a day or two, if that's really the case. I'd just... like to actually have my feet under me before I go walking."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:54 pm
Damn. Oh well.

KO shrugged. "Fair enough... I'm thinking of heading to the city tomorrow though if you want a ride. I guess taking a break isn't a bad idea though," he raised his own glass in a small salute, "let yourself recover, humm? Just... take things with a pinch of salt, that's what I'd do." Would he though, with no memories? What would he be like? Tch, far too philosophical and really quite pointless to think about; after all, if he had no memories he wouldn't remember thinking about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:10 pm
"Mm..." He shook his head with a light smile, "I don't know a whole lot, but I know it's not a smart idea to accept rides from strangers." The flaw in the logic there was that literally everybody in the world was a stranger to him at the moment, but at least the girls upstairs were people he had known once before and who knew him, so they only half counted as strangers. "Grain of salt, right? Thanks, though."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:09 am
KO chuckled slightly and took a sip of his wine. "Alright, fair point, and yet people take a cab all the time. Humm, still, the offer stands if you happen to change your mind, it would be hard for me to have an ulterior motives right? Well I suppose I could admit one," he smiled, "just enjoying human company. It can get lonely, not really knowing anyone in the region. Well, I suppose I know a couple of people but they're all very busy people."

KO wasn't entirely sure what game he was playing at here, maybe just seeing if he could talk Luke into doing something for the sake of it. He needed to be careful not to say anything that went against the story he'd given to Dima though, the last thing he needed was the big man and his friends figuring out what he was.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff