Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:50 pm
"Oh, no," he replied, moving through the hallway at a leisurely pace that he hoped wouldn't be difficult to keep up with. "I just, uh... I don't really want to go back to my room yet, so I was wandering around a bit, that's all." An accompanying shrug.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:05 pm
The young man's response briefly confused him - why wouldn't he want to go back to his hotel room? That was practically the only thing Ion wanted to do. "Why don't you want to go back to your hotel room?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:13 pm
He wasn't sure he really wanted to get into this kind of discussion again, especially so soon, but he supposed it was good practice, at least...? Admitting a massive psychological condition, one which he was only beginning to come to terms to with, to perfect strangers wasn't the easiest thing to do, but if he couldn't admit it to strangers, how could he hope to say the words to people who had known him - people who would be personally hurt and disappointed that he knew longer knew their names or recognized their faces.

"I, um... I have amnesia," he said, attempting to keep the words casual. "I'm sharing the room with a friend and another friend is visiting, but I don't know either of them, so it's kind of... awkward."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:37 pm
He had almost asked if he shouldn't ask, but he didn't want to interrupt. He didn't even remotely expect that as a response, though, and his green eyes widened as a result. That was... absolutely terrible. "I'm so sorry," he replied at length, his tones both apologetic and sympathetic. He hadn't had amnesia before, nor did he know the extent of this man's condition, but he didn't think it was that much of a stretch to assume it wasn't a pleasant experience. No, it didn't sound pleasant, especially if he didn't remember the people who were his friends - what about his family?

Deciding to switch tracks, he shifted his gaze to the redhead beside him, trying to be a little more positive as he spoke gently, "You're welcome to stay in my room for a while, if you don't want to go back just yet." He wasn't sure how awkward it was, exactly, but maybe some time away - which, it sounded like that had been his plan all along before he'd kindly stopped to help him - would lessen those feelings?

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:49 pm
He shook his head once again in dismissal; not that he didn't appreciate the intent behind gestures of sympathy, but it wasn't as though any amount of sympathy would improve his situation. His preference was just to avoid making people feel bad in general.

He resisted the contemplative frown that he was inclined to wear, donning instead an appreciative smile, "I wouldn't want to impose, though, especially if you're just getting here..." Just arriving and all worn out... That wasn't any decent state to have to be in while accommodating a guest, and while a trip himself.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:59 pm
It was Ion's turn to shake his head, his smile brightening a little. "You wouldn't impose at all," he assured him, keeping an eye out for his room number - they were getting close, judging by the numbers they passed, "and it's the least I can do after you so kindly went out of your way to help me." He likely would've had a great deal more trouble if the redhead hadn't come along and offered to help.

"Oh! There it is," he exclaimed when he noticed the number they'd been looking for, and he moved toward it while his hand moved to his pocket to retrieve the key with which to open the door. While he did feel partially better, he was still tired and his chest still felt tight, and sitting down was the very first thing he wanted to do, so he was quite grateful to have finally found his room. A soft click signified that the door had unlocked, so he twisted the handle and pushed it open to reveal a room smaller than the one Rosie and Luke had gotten, with just a single bed. "Oh, I'm sorry," he suddenly said, looking and sounding apologetic again as he moved to hold the door open for Jozette and their companion, "my name is Ion. Please, come in."

Jozette didn't wait for an invitation, and immediately trotted through the room and into the door. At the very least she set her trainer's bag down relatively carefully - it still made a soft, dull thud on the floor where it landed - before practically throwing herself on the bed with a happy sigh.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:26 am
Luke also had a hard time declining twice, and so at his company's insistence he murmured a quiet "well, okay."

As their destination was spotted and reached, he nodded his thanks for the held door and entered behind the pokemon to deposit his own ferried luggage. "Luke," he replied in kind, biting back unnecessary accompanying comments. "It's nice to meet you."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:49 pm
"It's wonderful to meet you as well, Mr. Luke," Ion said happily, seeming sincerely glad for the meeting. The trainer entered last, moving to deposit his staff in a corner before taking his backpack off and setting it on the bed. That done, he reached out to take the suitcase Luke had carried for him with a grateful "thank you" before lifting it onto the bed as well.

Jozette sat up, done with her brief rest, and slipped off the bed and onto the floor so she could open the bag she'd deposited previously and rummage through its contents. Ion didn't seem to mind - instead, he simply smiled at her as he sat down, thankful to finally have a chance to sit and rest for a while. He leaned forward a little, resting his elbows on his legs to remove some of the pressure on his chest, though he lifted his gaze to Luke again. "Thank you once again for all of your help, sir, I really appreciate it."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:38 pm
"It's really nothing worth mentioning," he replied, a hand crossing his arm absently. The guy almost made it out like no one ever helped him with anything. Maybe that was just how he spoke habitually, though. Luke lifted his shoulders just slightly in a dismissive shrug, "You don't have to be so formal; just Luke is fine." Nobility or not, he really didn't feel important enough to call 'sir.'  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:15 pm
While Ion most certainly did think it was worth mentioning, he was starting to get the impression that Luke wanted to just dismiss the subject. He didn't mind, if that was what he wanted - it didn't change how thankful and grateful he was. "All right Luke," he replied instead, happy to drop the formalities if that's what he wished.

Before he could speak further, a muffled song interrupted him, and almost startled by it, Ion leaned back to reach into his pocket and pull out a phone, the song becoming clearer as he did so. A quick glance at the screen told him that he couldn't dismiss it, and so with an apologetic look at Luke he offered a quick apology, "I need to answer this, I'm sorry - it should only take a minute." That said, he pressed a button, raised the phone to his ear, and slipped into French when the person on the other line greeted him in that language. The conversation was indeed short, and after a few apologies and reassurances both of his safe journey and arrival, as well as a promise to call back later, he hung up and lowered the phone with another apologetic look towards Luke. "I'm sorry about that." His parents had likely expected him to call several hours ago - no wonder they had called him instead - but none of them had been able to predict that a storm would crop up so suddenly and cause a several-hour detour.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:35 pm
Luke certainly wasn't actively trying to eavesdrop, but it was difficult not to overhear a conversation being held in front of him even if he tried to ignore it. When he was addressed again, he waved a hand lightly, wearing a polite smile, "Ce n'est pas grave."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:39 pm
To say he was surprised when Luke answered in French would be an understatement - it was completely unexpected, and his eyebrows rose accordingly for a moment. As the redhead had replied in French, the trainer decided to respond in kind, his tone curious, "Vous parlez français?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:53 pm
Ion's apparent surprise was answered in kind, and Luke tilted his head slightly to a side, his brow faintly furrowed in confusion. "...Qu'est-ce que tu racontes?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:05 pm
"Pour le moment," Ion started, adopting his own puzzled expression, "nous parlons français. Nous avons parlé anglais avant." Amnesia, he'd said; had he forgotten that he could speak French, as well? He certainly spoke it very naturally and fluently, though he never would've been able to tell from how he'd spoken English up to just a minute ago.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:09 pm
He considered the words, thoroughly going over the sound of them. He wasn't really thinking about language; he was just speaking in the way that it felt natural to speak. Apparently, somehow, he'd gotten mixed up...? He spent a moment in silence, looking just a bit worried. "...Comment puis-je revenir en arrière?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff