Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:29 pm
The grunt working on the console finally raised his head and half-turned to accept the offered items and finally spoke for the first time, "Hey, thanks." That said, he turned back to continue trying to fix the machine.

Kyle would find the grunt in his grip still speechless and cowering as much as he could, even as he dripped on him - though he blinked involuntarily whenever a droplet landed on his face - but a glimmer of hope reflected in his expression when the elite appeared, hope that he'd save him from the angry grunt's clutches.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:52 pm
...The towel was dusty? Lu looked at Zacharie, then at the towel he'd extended to Kyle, and then back to Zacharie with a wide eyed look. He quickly took the towel back, glad Kyle didn't seem to notice him just yet. Lu looked at the rag to confirm what Zacharie said, then set it back on top of the purple haired teen's mound of rags. He gave Zacharie a sad, 'are you trying to get me killed?' look, glanced up at the cackling pokemon(okay, now it was starting to unnerve him a little), then startled at the new voice.

"E-er... magenta..?" Lu asked, not sure who the new guy was. Lu looked at Kyle briefly when he took the liberty of introducing the Elite.

...Elite?

Lu straightened his posture immediately, staring down at the floor with shame. "I... I... won't talk to legendary pokemon anymore, sir."  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:10 pm
Upon receiving the look, Zacharie shrugged. He wasn't going to apologize...especially since he was more than a little bummed that Kyle wouldn't be getting a face full of dust. Oh well, it could be saved for another time. "Jabari, hush." He wished he had a free hand so he could swat at the pokemon, but sadly he was still holding his armful of rags. Luckily for him though, the Shuppet quieted down as he came to hover just over his trainer's shoulder. "Shuppet, shup." Zacharie agreed, Lu was a bit of a spoil sport.

Upon hearing a new voice, the teen turned his head to regard the new person, Elite Lucas apparently, with a slightly raised eyebrow. "The colour magenta was first introduced as the colour of a new aniline dye called fuchsine, patented in 1859 by the French chemist Francois-Emmanuel Verguin." He droned thoughtlessly before he could catch himself. "...Just...a fun bit of trivia...Sir." He muttered as he hunched his shoulder to hide behind the mound of rags,. He did not want to get in trouble with an Elite and be forced to do trainee work all over again.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:50 am
Lucas raised a hand in greeting in response to his name. He looked to Lu as the taller male spoke, shrugging his shoulders, "Articuno, right? They're actually known to help out trainers in a bad spot. A lot of legendaries have a reputation as being benevolent, actually, but they are also wild animals - wild and powerful. Maybe just use a little more discretion in the future, huh?" His sideways smile suggested that it really wasn't all that big a deal - even if it actually was.

Zacharie's encyclopedic recital drew an expression of surprise followed by a grin. "That so! Can't say I would have expected that. You think of colors as being natural - just a range of wavelengths that make up the visible light spectrum - but I guess if you think about it, something like magenta isn't really naturally occurring, huh? Like how the color we think of as lime green is actually a lot brighter than real limes. Oh--"

He took his dex into hand, looking to Kyle, "You happen to know your approximate position at the time of encounter? The trail might already be cold - no pun intended - but we can at least get a tracker out there to see if we can pick up a rough direction."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:07 am
Frost entered just in time to hear Lucas mention the magic word. Articuno. Now Frost was not a sentimental man - he would happily shoot anyone who implied that he was in the knee if they were surplus to requirement or had a desk job - but that didn't mean he was unappreciative of power and grace in a pokemon of his favoured type....

However he had come here for a reason and that ought to be dealt with first, even though from the tableau of terrified grunt and angry grunt that it had already been reported.

"Communications are down," he announced, "though I would be willing to hazard that you are aware of that fact? I was unable to check in as I returned. Mmmh." He turned to Lucas and Zacharie, singling them out as 'people I know superficially and believe will probably be capable of giving me a sensible answer'. "What's this about Articuno? An encounter, I presume from your query Lucas?"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:16 am
The grunt currently bent over the workstation paused in his work, half-turned his head to see who was currently speaking, and gave Frost a very flat, unimpressed look that said 'no, really? I had no idea' before he shook his head a little and got back to work, muttering under his breath as he did so.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:43 pm
One of Kyle's eyes squinted slightly, almost twitching at the way Grunt Lu's carelessness was brush off, but his attention was drawn back to the Elite when he asked where the Articuno had been spotted.
This was more like it! Someone who was actually trying to get this addressed.
"Yes sir" Kyle confirmed, glancing over to the grunt in his hand before he shoved him back into the chair he had dragged him from.
"It was about two miles Southeast out of town, in an open flower field."
a light frown formed on his lips before he recalled something else "Another thing, it looked like it was gathering stick and grasses, like it was nesting."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:54 pm
"Should be back up pretty soon," Lucas in response to Frost's declaration. "If there's something important, just use the local network for now." His attention fell to the 'dex in his hand, typing out the details Kyle gave. "Yeah, Articuno - and not the first time it's been seen in Kodo, if I'm remembering the records properly. It's the first time in a long while, though." He returned the device to his pocket, "Nesting would definitely explain the aggression. We'll put some research into Articuno's nesting habits and see if we can use that to narrow down what kinds of places it might show up."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:59 pm
He...definitely liked this Elite better than the last one he had met.

Zacharie gave Lucus a shy smile, delighted that he had actually responded with something intelligent rather than just yelling at him for being a smart a**. He would definitely like to get to know this Elite better as it seemed that he was actually fairly easy to talk to. That would be for another time though.

The teen greeted Frost with a slight incline of his head as he shifted the rags in his arms. "Grunts Lu and Kyle encountered an Articuno and..." He glanced over at Lu with a quirked eyebrows and a small, amused smile. "Attempted to make friends with it." He summed up what he knew about the incident which, granted, wasn't much but he at least knew the basics. "Kyle is being his overemotional self about the matter because apparently they almost died when no one responded due to communications being down and now here we are." He shrugged slightly before wrinkling his nose as he inhaled some dust.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:34 am
Though she had just been passing through, Riley stopped, causing her two pokemon to bump into the back of her legs, at the mention of a legendary bird. Cautiously, as if she wasn't sure she wasn't imposing on a meeting-- she had just gotten there, afterall, but it appeared as though the others were being informed as well-- she stepped closer, leaning around to look toward the few there that she knew. "Articuno?" she asked gently, more directed at Lu than anyone, as he appeared to be a bit downcast for some reason. However, Zacharie was quick to explain, and she found her lips parting in surprise. "You actually saw one!"

Molly blinked at the legendary's name, while Molly simply turned her head, more interested in watching the shuppet floating about. "Syylll?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:47 am
Kyle's ears picked up the sound of gossip, and his heated glare shot over to Zacharie.
It seemed that others were joining the crowd, to no real surprise, a word of a legendary usually brought them out of the wood works, as well as yelling in the halls, and here you have both.

Kyle stepped past the doorway and up to the smaller purple haired grunt as he spoke, a nasty look on his features.
"Firstly, he was the one who tried to make friends, not me. and secondly, I would like to see you nearly get killed becasue of the incompetence-" He spat the word out, glancing behind him at the Grunt who had spilled coffee on the coms system, the coms system of ALL things. "and carelessness of others and not be angry about it. So how about you keep your mouth shut, before I shut it for you."

He shot a look at Lu who was still standing around "Are you getting me a towel, Or not!?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:53 am
Frost raised his eyebrows slightly as Zacharie spoke, turned to look at Kyle, and then looked back at Zacharie again. "I see. How very unprofessional," he said blandly, apparently not at all troubled about discussing Kyle in his presence. "Perhaps he should shut his mouth before somebody grows impatient with his bratish behaviour.

"Lucas," Frost continued nearly seamlessly to the elite, "I would be pleased to assist with the research, in my free time of course. I am interested in the ice type, knowledgeable about them, and I know how to search efficiently for pertinent information whether digitally or from physical tests. I would be an asset to the attempt." This was a statement of fact so far as he was concerned; he had never been plagued by such unfortunate traits as self-doubt and false modesty.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:58 am
Kyle's face flushed red again, and he shot a look at Frost. "How about you shove it, you fat little tart." Kyle retorted "What the hell do you know about what happened? Taking second hand information."
Kyle scoffed "Yeah real professional"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:12 pm
"Oh, sure," Lucas replied to Frost. "That'd be a big help." And it would save him the trouble of having to find someone else to put on the assignment. Lucky!

He crossed his arms again with a loud ahem. "Anyone with nothing better to do than fling around insults and raise a fuss can blow off that extra energy in the rec room," he suggested, looking next to Kyle, "No one's going to belittle the danger you were in or the fact that an unfortunate set of circumstances prevented you from getting the backup you needed, but I don't know what you think yelling about it now is going to do."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:14 pm

Frost's lips pressed together ever so slightly and the keen interest (though it had been restrained) faded from his face, leaving behind a steady blankness. He turned slowly and walked over to Kyle with his hands neatly folded behind his back. Coming to a halt barely more than a foot away from the grunt and lifted his chin to meet his gaze. There was no anger in the Agent's pale eyes, in fact there was barely anything at all.

"Grunt Kyle, we do not speak like that to our superiors," he said calmly. "I will now give you the chance to apologise. Would you like to do so?"

It didn't honestly matter either way what the boy did - he was clearly a boy, not a man - the words had been uttered and would be remembered. The words didn't actually bother Frost at all (one was immaterial, the other inaccurate), the point was that Kyle had been trying to insult him and that would not be tolerated. Whatever Kyle chose to do next Frost would remember and one day, if the opportunity presented itself, he might do something about it. Nothing terminal, probably, but certainly nothing the muscle-bound fool would enjoy.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff