Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:01 pm
The drive was for the most part uneventful, and not nearly as long as Faleen would like, as they were much closer to the beach then the previous HQ had been.

It was a secluded aria that Faleen picked out, not a building vehicle of other person for a long way.
"Alright, lets get down to work," She said, once she was satisfied with the scanning of the beach that there would be no noticeable interruption.

Leaving the bag she had brought in the drivers seat, with the door propped open, Faleen moved to remove the outer layer of clothing from her, putting her in a red and black wet suit with arms and legs cropped at the knee and elbow. It was a quick and efficient process, and before too long she was standing by the tides, tossing a dusk ball into the wait to release a large darkly colored Sharpedo into the waves where he disappeared.

"How close have you gotten to your Sharpedo?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:08 pm
The drive was alright so far as drives he was a passenger for went. It was short.

KO got out of the car feeling mildly queasy but thankfully the air outside was fresh, he'd soon feel better.

By the time he had stripped down to his close fitting black swim shorts, and a belt to carry his pokeballs, he did. Standing beside Faleen he watched with some trepidation as she let out her monsterous water type. "When I let it out to try to train it? About this close." KO gestured a distance of about a foot and a half, grimacing unhappily. "I was standing on the shore - about this far from the water - and it launched itself at me. I was still holding the pokeball but I still only just managed to return it in time." That was something he was going to keep seeing in the middle of the night for some time to come, those teeth!  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:40 pm
Hazel eyes were drawn away from the ocean, and toward the Grunt as he explained his experience.
"Alright then, So to start why don't we get you a little more familiar with this species, and assess just what you're going to be up against."

She made a gesture for him to follow as she advanced into the cold waves.
It wouldn't be long after Faleen got into the water waist deep when a massive dark form of scale and muscle was bumping up on her.
The Agent placing her hands on the large silver star upon its head and looking back to.

"Its very important to understand, that a creature like this, with a nature like this can never be fully trusted. Its important to get to know them, get to know their moods, their habits, and be able to read them." She ran her hands along one of the fins.
"Right now, he's fully fed, he's not hungry and he's content, so he's not likely to attack. Keeping pokemon like this fed, is extremely important."

Though his eyes were under the water, the red along the blackness of his sclera and body could be seen shifting from Faleen, to KO.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:50 pm
Oh no, she wanted him to go in there with it? That sounded like a bad, bad idea. KO swallowed hard and followed Faleen into the sea with hesitant steps, not even noticing how cold it was. The beast looked positively huge, utterly terrifying, and she had her hands on its head. On its head!

KO swallowed again, licked his suddenly dry lips, and nodded. "Fed. Right. How often? How much?" It was looking at him. Darkrai release him from this nightmare, it was looking at him. He felt sicker now than he had in the car and it was all he could do not to reach for Duke's pokeball. Electric attacks while he was standing in the water were a bad, bad idea.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:52 pm
"That's usually something that you will learn about it as you continue training with your Sharpedo," she told him, straightening up and crossing her arms over her chest.
"I can give you a starter guide list of good diet choices if it helps. though it is a good exercise to stay in tune with a pokemon that can, and probably will eat you if given the opening"

"Now, are you aware of how a Sharpedo's skin works?" she asked, glancing over at the grunt. "The rough Skin they have is a very good indication on how your Shaepedo's mood."
She made a gesture toward the Shapedo's
"Be careful, but go ahead and touch his skin, and you'll see what I mean."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:00 pm
'...a pokemon that can, and probably will eat you if given the opening'

So reassuring!

KO gave a nervous little laugh. "Believe me, I'll be paying close attention... I know that it's rougher in one direction than the other? Nothing more than that." Then - because the Agent had directed him and most definitely not because he would ever have chosen to ever - he reached out gingerly to brush his hand first one way across the dark type's skin and then the other.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:13 pm
As Ko touched the shark's skin, the pokemon bopping and swaying in the waves as he tried to try in closer proximity to his trainer, and this... other Rocket.
He would feel the harsh prickle of skin, that if given any amount of pressure would most certainly slice open the contacting skin.

"This is called their Rough Skin." Faleen told him, reaching out to place her hand on the Sharpedo as well,
As soon as she touched the pokemon however, the barbs on his scales seemed to flatten across his whole boy, giving him a still rough, but much smoother and safer feel.
"When the pokemon is agitated, or doesn't trust its trainer, then you'll be able to feet it."
She wore and amused expression "So the teeth are not the only dangerous part, avoid touching its body if you can"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:19 pm
He felt his fingers catch on the razor sharp barbs; he wasn't pressing hard enough for it to draw blood but it definitely cut through the first layer or two of skin. Oh great. Don't touch it, don't touch any of it unless you've just fed it an inconvenient snitch or two and it's in love with you. Maybe he should just trade his to somebody else but that would be admitting defeat, and if he ever wanted to be an Agent with a room of his own he had to prove himself willing to persevere.

"So... that's why it activates in battle," he managed after a moment of silence, withdrawing his hand and rubbing his fingers together. "How do I start getting it to trust me? Feeding?" It was about the only thing he could think of that the beast could possibly want of him, other than perhaps a limb or two.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:58 pm
"Getting it to trust you is a bit of the tricky part." Faleen admitted. "I can only give you the advice that has worked personally for me. but we'll see. Usually its as simple as finding common ground, coming to an agreement that will mutually benefit you both, while also maintaining a iron fist dominance."

She made a gesture to the balls that KO had with him. "Why don't you go a head and release your Sharpedo, and we'll take a look at him."  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:06 pm
The look KO gave Faleen was a mixture of terror and horror. "W- You want me to let it out while we're in the water?" Was she mad? Given she was petting a killer shark he was quite prepared to accept that she was. He swallowed again and took the net ball from his belt. "Well... if you're sure." The grunt unlocked the pokeball with fingers that were maybe trembling just a little and then released the monster in a flash of white light.

The next thing KO did was grab two more of his pokeballs, just in case things got hairy.

The Sharpeado appeared just above the water's surface at the maximum range of the pokeball. A moment later it vanished beneath the surface with barely a splash.

KO started to back away towards the beach.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:12 pm
She nodded to his question, though didn't seem put off, or surprised by it. And was pleased that he followed the instructions anyway.

As soon as the Sharpedo was released and dipped out of sight, there was an agitated jerking from the Sharpedo in front of them, the one Faleen had trained turning and swimming out a distance from the two rockets, to investigate this new monster in the sea.

Faleen held a hand out to him as he reached for the pokeballs. "Avoid using those for now." she told him "since we already have one out, our goal eventually is to help you over come your fear of it, and to show it that you do not fear it. you need to make it fear you. Lets just see what he'll do."  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:19 pm
KO gave Faleen a plaintive look. "Could we ah, take this first lesson from the shore?" No matter how gorgeous and sleek high end prosthetics could be nothing could compare to his own limbs and he was really quite afraid of losing one or more of them right now.

The Sharpeado had been swimming slowly towards the pair of humans but when he spotted the other dual-type he slowed even further, studying the larger specimen warily. Hunger gnawed at it, at its very being, but if the scarred Sharpeado had already claimed this meal.... The Sharpeado paused completely, hanging in the water with the tip of its dorsal find just below the surface. For now it would wait, wait for the others to make its own move.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:24 pm
The Agent, who had been watching the tip of the two Sharpedo's fins now turned her attention to KO.
"I understand the concern, especially of this is the first violent dark type you've ever trained. But if you're not willing to handle this right away and dive into it, then your progress will considerably slower. And all that time you'll be with a pokemon that you can barely use and taking up more training time."  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:28 pm
She was right, unfortunately. KO shifted, toes squirming in the sand. After a few moments he shuffled a little closer to Faleen in what he hoped was a surreptitious manner. It was not. "Well... I don't want that do I?" he managed with a nervous little laugh, red eyes darting this way and that as if in search of an escape to the situation he'd stuck himself in. He should have just traded it.

When no aggressive move was made by the other shark KO's Sharpeado swam a little closer but quickly rushed back to the position it had held before; it seemed that it was testing the waters of its kin's temper and intentions.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:07 pm
"Have you fed him today?" Faleen asked, watching the pokemon in the ocean,

Sharpedo opened his jaws when the other approached closer, his back and forth swimming becoming much more rapid as he threw his body around in a show of threat and force to show he wasn't taking to this pokemon's testing.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff