Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:34 am
Rosie caught the bewildered look that he had given her, unsure for a moment if she had said something weird, but the sudden smile before quickly gathering himself back in was just as evident.
"Its worth a look! A deli sounds good to me. How long has it been since you've been to it?"

"Oh that's cool I know someone named..." She paused, looking over Zacharie for a few seconds. His hair and eyes were... nearly spot on .
"Uh- by any chance are you related to Andre Dubois?"  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:45 am
"It's been a year...at least." He said thoughtfully as he absently scratched his cheek. A whole lifetime ago, it seemed. "They served very good sandwiches and even sold fresh fruit from local farmers." When he was still in high school, he would often leave campus to hang around the shop.

Wait...who?

He paused, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. "I've never known any relatives besides my parents." He said slowly as he eyed Rosie suspiciously. Andre Dubois? It certainly sounded like they were related. "...I've never run across another family with the same surname so I suppose it is possible." And with his parents' recent death...perhaps some relatives had come to the funeral?  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:17 am
"Ohhh, well then I hope its still the business, that sounds like a nice place.
I think thats the nice thing about living in the central trade location for the entire island."
Goods from on Kodo as well as off generally traveled through Kodo, they always got some of the best and interesting things coming through the city, giving a lot of opportunity for all kinds of businesses to pop up.

hitching up the case into her arms, Rosie arched her eyebrows as she looked back to Zacharie
"I have a friend named Andre Dubois, He's from Grand Ile but he's here looking for his brother... and you two share a very striking resemblance."  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:38 pm
"Oh yes, the various goods that pass through here are astounding. It makes finding the necessary ingredients for my projects very easy." Finding and acquiring ingredients were totally different things. Finding where the items were sold was a simple task of making a few phone calls...figuring out ways to get them was what put him behind in countless experiments. "I've certainly missed being here...but it's good to leave one's hometown to explore." He spared his parents' graves one last look before starting on his way towards the front gate. "I've never been to Grande Ile but I believe my father is from-" He paused, a slight frown tugging at the corners of his lips. "Was. He was from Grande Ile." He remembered seeing photo albums filled to the brim with pictures of his father in front of a large manor with whom he had believed to be his grandparents and perhaps his aunt. "I've never seen any evidence pointing to my having a brother...but as I had said, I did not have the best relationship with my parents so I certainly would be the last person to know." He muttered, shuffling along the worn path that led to the front gate.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:49 pm
"Did you move out of Camphoreon?" Rosie asked, curiously to his response to him leaving his hometown. "Or are you a trainer?" It was possible, what with his Shuppet being around him.

Her eyebrows arched a little when Zacharie confirmed that his father was from grand ile, so already there were more and more connections, though she for the life of her could not remember what he said his brother's name was.
"Oh... well, that is possible," Her eyes widened "So... would you be uncomfortable if I texted my friend, and asked him if he knows anything? I mean. how many Dubois from Grand Ile with purple hair do you think there could be?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:20 pm
Well...s**t. What was he going to say about where he had been? He'd never thought about a convincing story to tell people if they happened to ask where he had gone.

"I'm not a trainer...per say." He said slowly, his eyes darting around the graveyard as he grasped at straws for an idea. "After an argument with my parents that resulted in me essentially becoming homeless I decided that I could take the opportunity to 'broaden my horizons', as it were, and take my studies elsewhere." He explained. That was at least the truth. Rosie didn't need to know where exactly he went to 'study'. "I've found other pokemon along the way and have been training them...so in a sense I guess I am a trainer; but I have no interest in battling for sport or things like that." He shrugged lightly as he glanced around to see which way Jabari had gone off in.

At the blonde's question Zacharie couldn't help but feel a trill of excitement and well...anxiousness. He had always wanted to meet the other members of his family but there was that lurking fear that they would be like his parents. That he wouldn't be good enough for them. "I...no. Go ahead." He swallowed down his fear as he clutched at the strap of his bag to hide the fact that his hands were trembling. "I, personally, have not come across any unknown Dubois and I hardly ever see individuals with the same shade of purple as myself...it's likely that we are related in some way."  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:27 pm
The blond was polite about giving him her attention as he spoke, especially about the subject of having to leave home and find a new means of living, though from the sounds of it he wasn't regretful of it, on the contrary he stated he was studying, and catching more pokemon.

"Its not a good island to do the League challenge and sport anyway." she admitted with a light shrug. "thankfully that's not all there is to being a trainer anyway. So, what kind of things do you study?"

Tilting her head lightly, she gave the younger boy a soft smile.
"I know its probably really weird leaning you have more family that you weren't aware of, I felt so confused myself when I learned who my father was," she offered, knowing that he must be conflicted in one way or the other.
"If you really are related to Andre, he's a really great guy, and he's been looking for his brother for a long time."
Rosie did like Andre a lot, and after the kind of relationships it seemed Zacharie had with his parents, having a brother that was great would be nice.
though it was yet to be confirmed that they are related... she was deeply hoping so.

Pulling her gear out she typed a message to Andre
[What was your brothers name again? Was it Zacharie?]  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:56 am
Zacharie nodded in agreement with her admission, "To be completely honest...I hadn't planned on acquiring any other pokemon. Most of my other pokemon found me and well...I couldn't just turn them away." His pokemon were his friends and family, he couldn't imagine his life without any of them.

But he was getting sappy.

"Oh, well I study herbal medicine and everything that falls under that category. So chemistry, botany, anatomy, physiology....things like that." He explained, ticking off the list on his fingers. "It's all very interesting. I'm hoping to one day use my knowledge and findings to become a doctor and possibly a field medic." He gained a bit of a bounce in his step as he prattled on. He thoroughly enjoyed talking about his interests. "Or perhaps a teacher. I think that herbal medicine should one day replace the synthetic chemical ridden medicines that we use today; I'd love to help with that movement."

He regarded Rosie with pale eyes full of intent and curiosity.
Had anyone ever smiled at him like that before? He couldn't recall but he found that he liked that it.
"I'm not sure that 'weird' is the right word..." He murmured, idly tugging on a strand of his choppy hair. Her words did help ease his worry though. "A great guy, huh?"

[Yes, Zacharie Rene Dubois. Why do you ask?] Rosie's gear would chime almost instantly with Andre's response.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:05 am
She giggled at the mention that his pokemon normally found him instead of him finding his pokemon.
"That means you must be a kind person, if pokemon trust you that much so quickly."

As he went on with his interest Rosie couldn't help but look impressed, not just with what he studied, but that he wanted to teach, and ultimately wanted people to be healthy with a better medical choice.
"I have a friend who is a surgeon. And I'll say that a lot of my friends have been in an out of the hospital a lot. Its pretty scary, but It would be wonderful to see medicines that help people better."
She admitted with a grin "I won't pretend I know anything about that, but it sounds like you've put a lot of dedication into it, just from how you talk about it."

Rosie opened her mouth to speak when her gear went off with a new message. reading it over she glanced up at Zacharie "Is your middle name Rene?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:48 pm
Him....kind?
The teen blushed from head to toe. "N-No...I don't really t-think..." He sputtered, hands flailing uselessly before he settled on gripping the strap of his messenger bag tightly. He had always just assumed that his pokemon needed something from him...

"A surgeon? I had thought about becoming a surgeon once...it's a very intense field." He said softly, his gaze averted to the ground as he tried to will the blush away. "I've never had to experience having a friend hospitalized but I can imagine it is stressful and frightening." He tried to imagine what would happen if Jerome or Lu ended up in critical condition...it did uncomfortable things to his heartbeat. "Anything in the medical field is difficult to get into. There's a lot to know and things are constantly changing but...I think being able to help people is worth all of the effort." He shrugged lightly before waving his hand up above his head to catch Jabari's attention. Said Shuppet was idly drifting near an unknown car, curiously peering in at the contents as if trying to decide if he wanted any of it or not. He glanced up at his trainer's flailing though with a slight scowl on his face before moving to join the purple haired boy. Zacharie smiled up at his pokemon only to have it melt away into an anxious frown at the chiming of Rosie's gear. "Yes...it is." He admitted, his gaze glued to the device in her hand.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:22 pm
She could tell what she said had flustered him, but she just smiled kindly and lifted her shoulders a little.

Rosie knew a little too well just how frightening it was to have a friend in the hospital, she had nearly lost people close to her, and the worse part of all of it was not being able to do a think about it.
Doctors were amazing, if it weren't for their hard work and knowledge she would surely have suffered more losses in her life.

But the matter of Zacharie's middle name came up, and as he answered Rosie turned to gear to show the purple haired boy the message, blue eyes widening a little more.
"... Do you want me to tell him?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:42 pm
Zacharie peered down at the message, his nervousness written plainly for anyone to see in the furrowing of his eyebrows and the way he bit as his lips. Did he want this Andre person to find him? He didn't see any reason against it other than his whole predicament with Team Rocket. What would happen if they were related and his 'brother' wanted to whisk him away to live with him? The thought simultaneously made him happy and feel nauseous. "...Yes." He said quietly in response to her question before nodding firmly with conviction. "If he's been searching for me then, well...I suppose it's important that I meet him." Nevermind the fact that he was curious about meeting someone from his family. He had so many questions and perhaps he'd finally get them answered. "You...you said he's kind?" He asked nervously, his hand coming up to tug on his hair.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:06 pm
Rosie could tell how nervous he was, and offered him a kind smile, reaching out to put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, he is, I like Andre a lot, and he obviously care a lot about finding you."

It must be crazy scary meeting someone who you just learned was a part of your family, and you never even knew that you had a family member like that.
She knew what Zacharie must be going through, but she also trusted that while it might be scary now, this would turn out great, for both of them.

Returning a message to Andre, that wrote 'I think that I'm talking to him right now.'  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:29 pm
The teen tensed beneath the hand on his shoulder before releasing the breath he hadn't noticed he was holding and relaxing beneath the touch. He sent Rosie a grateful smile, "That's reassuring."

thought we were going to get something to eat. What the hell is the hold up?> Jabari groused, nudging his trainer to get him to pick up the pace. "Alright, alright, we're going. Calm down." He let himself be pushed ahead for a bit before digging his heels into the ground to slow them down. "So are you alright with going to that deli? We could meet...your friend there."

[Where are you? I'll be there in twenty minutes.]  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:29 pm
As the Shuppet started to protest, Rosie arched her eyebrows in interest as to what he might be saying, though it was very clear that his trainer knew much better then Rosie herself would.
Fascinated at how quickly Zacharie was to respond to the pokemon, but leveling her attention back onto the boy as his question was directed at her.

"Yeah sure, I'll let him know where he can meet us. we can get something to eat in the meantime." she agreed.

As she walked with him, again her gear went off, clear surprise written on the blond's face with how quickly the message had been returned.
'We're making out way to a local Deli in Camphoreon, its by the east side. Do you need an address?'  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff